Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-12, 08:00   Link #1121
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Also, what exactly made Akise think that Yuno wants to keep Yukki captive in some half abandoned onsen town? So far they have done everything together and there was no reason for anybody to assume, she will keep Yukki prisoner (in fact, I dont understand her motivation either).

But nevermind all those details..... what I really wonder about is: Why is Yuno trying to capture and kill all of them? Obviously, she came to the onsen town to prepare for the showdown with the remaining 3 diary owners, yet she is trying to kill Hinata, Mao, Akise and that black haired dude.
I think that's supposed to be the mystery. In the previous episode, Yukiteru got a mail from Akise about Yuno. Yuno forsaw it and managed to delete it before Yukiteru could read it. Akise knows something about Yuno that we don't that he thinks puts Yukiteru in danger. Yuno is trying to kill him and the others because he obviously an obstacle now.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 08:38   Link #1122
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think that's supposed to be the mystery. In the previous episode, Yukiteru got a mail from Akise about Yuno. Yuno forsaw it and managed to delete it before Yukiteru could read it. Akise knows something about Yuno that we don't that he thinks puts Yukiteru in danger. Yuno is trying to kill him and the others because he obviously an obstacle now.
Ah looking at it from this angle actually makes sense. I suppose we will know more the next episode.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 11:30   Link #1123
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
No, he doesn't suck... it's just that I technically count him as a female high schooler

Anyway, at least adults in the manga and anime range form interesting to awesome
You're thinking it wrong, Mal.

Obviously, our feminine lead Yukki is the female, and Kaworu-kun is manly.

They did seem to tone down the shota-cuteness of Yukky in the anime though.
I remember him being far cuter in trap-ish fashion in the manga.
Old 2012-01-12, 11:49   Link #1124
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
You're thinking it wrong, Mal.

Obviously, our feminine lead Yukki is the female, and Kaworu-kun is manly.

They did seem to tone down the shota-cuteness of Yukky in the anime though.
I remember him being far cuter in trap-ish fashion in the manga.
No! I will adamantly reject the degradation of the opposite sex by thinking Yukiteru as an uke

That wimp will spend all explicit scenes or panels crying it hurts and please stop boring Aru on the other hand can act more feminine, say like Nemu@Euphoria

Yukiteru can only fill the role of an unqualified sex slave from a third rate hentai, should it come down to it

Which reminds me were there any Minene/Tsubaki or yaoi doujinshi in C81? I only read a couple of mediocre ones featuring Yuno

EDIT: guro is also welcome

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-01-12 at 11:59.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 22:50   Link #1125
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

To be honest, I've never felt this stress and high tension like never before in the previous episodes.

It truly became dangerous when Hinata stray off the group to look after Yukiteru alone and by herself once taking the bait of the text message.

And, it's really impressive to watch Akise keeping his judgement and cool while still be able to worry privately for Yukiteru. He truly stands as a voice of reason and prudence.
Spoiler:

The traps started to become elaborated, and almost to Jigsaw-like quality, if you what I mean....
Spoiler:

And being true to a halfway episode....
Spoiler:

And, how can this episode tops it all with a creepy bang.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 04:18   Link #1126
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Well it seems this series has ran out its welcome with me. At first it was fun to revel in its absurdities, but really I just don't think Yuno holds this show up very well. She was supposed to be this queen yandere girl, but really I think she kind of failed to match the image. First of all I hate her VA. Too squeeky. I certainly could have imagined better.

But really. This show's poor production values have been getting too much in the way of the show. Everything is just done so poorly, it lacks the dramatic punch to really make this a fun story like it should have been. The characters are ridiculous yes, but they tend to be ridiculously one dimensional and uninteresting. They could at least be more colorful and interesting than what we have got so far.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised about the studio that somehow made an adaption of a bad VN worst (Shuffle!). Asread is just not a good studio and it shows. I think with a better casting, and a better studio I could've maintained interest, but it just became too hard to keep coming back every week for this show.

Dropped.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 04:30   Link #1127
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
That's fine. Mirai Nikki is what I term a disposable series where you derive your entertainment and leave when it's drained. Doesn't mean it's horrible or anything, it just means that it doesn't really serve purpose to certain viewers anymore.

Personally, I think the series has gotten kind of boring and that the production values are actively hurting it, but I will be putting it on hold-- I do intend on picking this up again, but I don't know-- watched episode 10 and was just really mehh.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 09:52   Link #1128
klare

the scene with Yuno and Yukki at the end is quite surprising, but apart from that, the show is not as exciting as when it started

well, at least the mystery of Mao's under water phone is solved
Old 2012-01-13, 15:41   Link #1129
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Well it seems this series has ran out its welcome with me. At first it was fun to revel in its absurdities, but really I just don't think Yuno holds this show up very well. She was supposed to be this queen yandere girl, but really I think she kind of failed to match the image. First of all I hate her VA. Too squeeky. I certainly could have imagined better.

But really. This show's poor production values have been getting too much in the way of the show. Everything is just done so poorly, it lacks the dramatic punch to really make this a fun story like it should have been. The characters are ridiculous yes, but they tend to be ridiculously one dimensional and uninteresting. They could at least be more colorful and interesting than what we have got so far.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised about the studio that somehow made an adaption of a bad VN worst (Shuffle!). Asread is just not a good studio and it shows. I think with a better casting, and a better studio I could've maintained interest, but it just became too hard to keep coming back every week for this show.

Dropped.

I think her VA is awesome. The story just seems to have slowed down a bit too much. We haven't seen a new player enter the mix since the dog guy got disposed of and that incident was sort of weak since nothing really crazy happened.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 16:40   Link #1130
miketyson

I have mixed feelings on Yuno's VA. I think she's *awesome* when she gets serious -- she drops her tone, slows her speech down, and pronounces *every* syllable -- but the rest of the time not quite right in a way I can't articulate.

FWIW the second half is arguably more action-packed than the first. I think there's enough time to include the whole story in the remaining episodes, but if they do that the second half's episodes will be much faster-paced than the first half's were.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 16:57   Link #1131
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
I have mixed feelings on Yuno's VA. I think she's *awesome* when she gets serious -- she drops her tone, slows her speech down, and pronounces *every* syllable -- but the rest of the time not quite right in a way I can't articulate.

FWIW the second half is arguably more action-packed than the first. I think there's enough time to include the whole story in the remaining episodes, but if they do that the second half's episodes will be much faster-paced than the first half's were.
I think that Yunos VA does an excelent job. Yunos voice doesnt sound high pitched or arteficially kawaii the way japanese people think is cute.
Yunos VA can make Yuno sound really wacko by changing the intonation of her voice just the right way..... oh it can make shivers run down my spine.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 20:26   Link #1132
Malkuth
Banned

Well, by now it should obvious that Juno pretends to be cute and happy to hide her psychosis from everyone (including herself), and her VA either manages exactly that or her vocal range fits... IMHO
Old 2012-01-15, 21:48   Link #1133
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep14:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 22:35   Link #1134
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep14:
Old 2012-01-15, 23:13   Link #1135
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 14:
Old 2012-01-15, 23:47   Link #1136
Silverwyrm

above poster...you claim you wont spoil then post blatant spoilers?
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 23:57   Link #1137
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Makes me wonder if that skull is actually Yuno s0mehow derp

Though i wouldn't have any explanations for that so w/e.

that whole gasai + yukki in hotel lasted a lot shorter than i expected. thought more stuff would be going down in that building
Old 2012-01-16, 02:29   Link #1138
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Observations:

Wow, that gas sure takes a long time to affect somebody.
Kousaka is a waste of space.
That slap should have been effective, but instead, it was badly edited and looked for weak as a result.
That couple somehow reminds me of Ray and Charles from Eureka Seven.
That mother character (who is a Future Diary holder, seeing as how she's in the ending and everything) has a HUGE freaking head!

Anyways, I still enjoyed the episode. Yeah, the animation is terrible (it is asread), but like South Park, the substance is still interesting enough for me to tune in.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 05:39   Link #1139
Malkuth
Banned

The adaption of the source material in this episode lacked indeed. It was not bad, since it tried to plug some plot wholes, and rationalize some actions, but lacked the punch some panels and lines delivered in the manga.

Anyway, without spoiling anything, let me say that at this point I was absolutely certain of what was going with the series, and the anime has offered a tone of extra hints already
Old 2012-01-16, 09:19   Link #1140
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

wow
I surprised no one mention about the skyrim jokes

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere