Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-23, 11:35   Link #181
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Something about guys with red eyes. so sexy >_<

Also I see why Himeko is so popular, she has that lost puppy eyes looks. It's just irresistable. ^^
Spoiler for screenshots ep 2:
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 11:43   Link #182
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Something about guys with red eyes. so sexy >_<

Also I see why Himeko is so popular, she has that lost puppy eyes looks. It's just irresistable. ^^
Spoiler for screenshots ep 2:
RAWR that bishi is seriously hot...he and Chikane would be a perfect match in the "perfection" area. ^_^;;
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 14:13   Link #183
fairx
I'mdafootfuckin'masta!

Ep 3

Oogami=
"I will keep protecting you"
"I'll definately protect you"

Does he live in an alternate Japan (LOL) where anime/game is not a big thing?

At any rate I don't think they watch much TV...

Last edited by fairx; 2004-10-23 at 15:45.
fairx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 15:24   Link #184
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

This series is just too much for me. The whole lesbian inuendo's, the fact that both the most popular/beautiful girl and boy are both in love with Himeko...its just too perfect! Everytime I see Himeko and Chikane together I start getting doki doki!! I'm kind of happy that the battles in this anime are really short, because I like the whole character/relationship development much more than the mech fights. This series is just freaking awesome

Oh yeah, and I can't wait for the next episode

Spoiler for Ep 4 preview:
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 18:34   Link #185
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
From the sheer amount of re-treaded corniness in the first episode, I thought this anime had a high chance of being crap. However, the girl->girl<-boy love triangle was fun, and the girl stealing a kiss while the boy did all the work was great. I decided to give it a second chance.

I liked the second episode, I don't know why. Maybe the level of cornography has stayed consistent, so now I like the campiness. (I like watching lesbians too.) This is comparable to how I felt about Yami Bou.

-k

p.s. About this flute thing... grow up, people. Or instead watch some more anime... After watching Urotsukidouji or Cool Devices a sexual assault by flute is like watching Ocha Ken. Wan wan!

Last edited by Kempis Curious; 2004-10-23 at 18:47.
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 20:37   Link #186
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Well, I watched 4 RAW. Oogami and Himeko make a nice couple, Chikane was jealous the whole time.

Spoiler for Tsubasa's relation:

Well, this is a great series, I can't wait for the the sub and episode 5.
Old 2004-10-24, 09:02   Link #187
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

watched ep4, yup Tsubasa's mecha's pose looks quite reminiscent of Grahf's gear, really cool pose

cool episode too, love how they portray Tsubasa. Oh and seems one more guy confirmed falling for Himeko.
Spoiler:

bad news for people who are anticipating the flute... seems the anime deviates from the manga considerably, so there's no telling whether that scene will be in the anime or not... quite likely not
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 21:14   Link #188
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

do the character designs and personalities of Himeko and Chikane remind anyone else of Hatsumi and Hazuki (respectively) from Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito?
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 22:27   Link #189
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

The character designs seem similar, but the personalities don't exactly match. In fact in some ways Himeko is like Hazuki and Chikane is like Hatsumi.

Himeko is indecisive, very humble, and blames everything on herself. She also has a fear of scissors... Hatsumi was... well let's just say she was like a female Jesus (maybe that comparison isn't very good...) In this sense, Himeko is like Hazuki, because she adores and looks up to Chikane the same way Hazuki adored Hatsumi. She's also shy, just like Hazuki.

Chikane isn't quite like Hazuki. Chikane is a popular girl at school, I don't believe Hazuki was, Hatsumi probably was. I feel that Chikane is more aggressive than Hazuki, and from the type of vibes I get, deep inside, Chikane is a brooding woman.

Their roles seem to match up with their similar character designs though. Chikane actively pursues Himeko just like Hazuki pursued Hatsumi. Himeko is the girl that everyone is in love with (well, the characters that matter). You could say everyone at school adores and looks up to Chikane.
Hatsumi was the girl everyone was in love with in Yamibou.

You might even say Oogami is like Gargantua...

Spoiler for Yamibou:

If I STILL got the names mixed up (even after this edit)... please let me know. Hazuki and Hatsumi are too similar in names, and in some translations I've seen them spelled Hazumi and Hatsuki, and I kind of watched Yamibou in a daze, not really getting it until the final couple of episodes.

That's how I look at it... and now I understand why this anime is compared to Yamibou so often.

Last edited by Timeless Enigma; 2004-10-25 at 00:31.
Timeless Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 00:11   Link #190
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
The character designs seem similar, but the personalities don't exactly match. In fact in some ways Himeko is like Hatsumi and Chikane is like Hazuki

Himeko is indecisive, very humble, and blames everything on herself. She also has a fear of scissors... Hazuki was... well let's just say she was like a female Jesus (maybe that comparison isn't very good...) In this sense, Himeko is like Hatsumi, because she adores and looks up to Chikane the same way Hatsumi did. She's also shy, just like Hatsumi.

Chikane isn't quite like Hatsuki. Chikane is a popular girl at school, I don't believe Hatsuki was, Hazumi probably was. I feel that Chikane is more aggressive than Hatsuki, and from the type of vibes I get, deep inside, Chikane is a brooding woman.

Their roles seem to match up with their similar character designs though. Chikane actively pursues Himeko like Hatsumi pursued Hazuki. Himeko is the girl that everyone is in love with (well, the characters that matter). You could say everyone at school adores and looks up to Chikane.

You might even say Oogami is like Gargantua...

Spoiler for Yamibou:

If I got the names mixed up... please let me know. Hazuki and Hatsumi are too similar in names, and in some translations I've seen them spelled Hazumi and Hatsuki, and I kind of watched Yamibou in a daze, not really getting it until the final couple of episodes.

That's how I look at it... and now I understand why this anime is compared to Yamibou so often.
you got it backwards (and misspelled the names a few times...)
Hazuki is the one that looks a lot like Chikane and Hatsumi/Eve/Kaguya/etc. is the one that looks a lot like Himeko
i HOPE Oogami doesn't turn out like Gargantua...that guy was freakin' nuts...in fact, Oogami is really the big difference between the two shows
btw, is the "oo" in "Oogami" shown as 大?
Old 2004-10-25, 00:19   Link #191
DeuceTrick

Man, I love this show. For a while it was a tossup between this and My-HiME, but I think I prefer Kannaduki much more. The mysticism with the Shinto and the Sun/Moon priestess is pretty neat, and that poor guy trying to resist his Orochi heritage is full of dramatic potential. His destiny's screaming at him to kill the woman he loves... ooh, the pathos.

I could sure do without those mechs, though. When I saw the weird cloaked thing in Episode 1, I thought they did a really interesting mecha design that looks like it could've come out of the 1200s. But then the rags and the scrolls came off, and it was just a Gundam-ish thing underneath like a weird episode of Scooby-Doo. But even so, I guess it's all right. That one cat-girl's mech was a unique variation, for instance.

The romantic bits have to be the best, because I just love seeing pretty people fall in love. Two girls, a guy and a girl, same difference.

Can't wait for the next ep. Good job with the sub, SS.
DeuceTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 00:20   Link #192
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I have no idea. All I know is that it's pronounced as a long o sound (mow) instead of the English oo (mooooooo).

I'm gonna go edit my post now...

Static-Subs is great. I like how they colour code their text based on mainly the character's hair colour.

EDIT: With me Mai-Hime came off a bit weak, but the ED is dope and it still looks promising.

Heh, a man resisting his primal urge to destroy the woman he loves sure isn't an original set up, but damn does it work well. I'm wondering which side will win.

It would be pretty tragic to see Oogami lose and then kill Himeko. Then he realizes what he's done and Chikane kills Oogami, then she kills herself because she can't live without Himeko.

Another way I see it is that Himeko chooses Chikane, the it's Oogami's turn to be jealous, and he willingly listens to his orochi side and becomes the enemy. Oh the drama.

Chikane and Himeko might duke it out some time though, it was suggested in the OP.

I also like how the love triangle is structured. From the POV of the public, it should be:

Oogami ---><--- Chikane
with Himeko out of the picture

Himeko's POV
Oogami -?-><--- Himeko ---><-?- Chikane

With Oogami being merely a childhood friend right now (I doubt she realizes his feelings). She discovers in episode 4 that there's nothing between Chikane and Oogami however.

Chikane's POV
Chikane ---><-?- Himeko ---><--- Oogami

Oogami's POV
Oogami ---> Himeko ????????? Chikane.
Oogami seems to have no idea that he has competition as of now, which gives Chikane the upper hand because she knows she does, and she can compete.

Last edited by Timeless Enigma; 2004-10-25 at 00:59.
Timeless Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 08:03   Link #193
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
I have no idea. All I know is that it's pronounced as a long o sound (mow) instead of the English oo (mooooooo).

I'm gonna go edit my post now...

Static-Subs is great. I like how they colour code their text based on mainly the character's hair colour.

EDIT: With me Mai-Hime came off a bit weak, but the ED is dope and it still looks promising.

Heh, a man resisting his primal urge to destroy the woman he loves sure isn't an original set up, but damn does it work well. I'm wondering which side will win.

It would be pretty tragic to see Oogami lose and then kill Himeko. Then he realizes what he's done and Chikane kills Oogami, then she kills herself because she can't live without Himeko.

Another way I see it is that Himeko chooses Chikane, the it's Oogami's turn to be jealous, and he willingly listens to his orochi side and becomes the enemy. Oh the drama.

Chikane and Himeko might duke it out some time though, it was suggested in the OP.

I also like how the love triangle is structured. From the POV of the public, it should be:

Oogami ---><--- Chikane
with Himeko out of the picture

Himeko's POV
Oogami -?-><--- Himeko ---><-?- Chikane

With Oogami being merely a childhood friend right now (I doubt she realizes his feelings). She discovers in episode 4 that there's nothing between Chikane and Oogami however.

Chikane's POV
Chikane ---><-?- Himeko ---><--- Oogami

Oogami's POV
Oogami ---> Himeko ????????? Chikane.
Oogami seems to have no idea that he has competition as of now, which gives Chikane the upper hand because she knows she does, and she can compete.
...or they kill all the other Necks and find out they can't permanently get rid of Orochi without killing Oogami, he sacrifices himself, Chikane and Himeko are sad, and have a...i'll leave the rest to your imagination
Old 2004-10-25, 08:43   Link #194
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
...or they kill all the other Necks and find out they can't permanently get rid of Orochi without killing Oogami, he sacrifices himself, Chikane and Himeko are sad, and have a...i'll leave the rest to your imagination
Umm... it's Heads, not Necks ^_^

Also there's the speculation that Himeko going to fight Chikane for Oogami because of the OP
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 08:48   Link #195
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
Such a great start for a fanfic... ^^
Ialdaboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 10:23   Link #196
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Should I commence the writing of that fic right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless

Also there's the speculation that Himeko going to fight Chikane for Oogami because of the OP

I think it'll go down like this: Oogami starts to endanger Himeko because his orochi side is getting stronger, so Chikane plans to fight him to keep Himeko alive. Himeko can't let go of her childhood friend (and maybe lover) and protects him from Chikane.
Old 2004-10-25, 16:11   Link #197
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:

They use 首(kubi), which can mean either. It usually means neck, but can also mean head. Orochi in mythology was an eight-headed beast. So he did also have eight necks, but in English, eight-headed sounds better than eight-necked.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 22:58   Link #198
Kyuven

Quote:

the translation i've been watching says "Neck", so i just call em necks
head has too many "other" implications
Himeko and Chikane won't fight over Oogami, but if this is anything like Blue Seed...(which is based off the same legend)
Oogami=Kusanagi
Chikane/Himeko=Kaede/Momiji (tough to tell if either is the equivalant of the other since kaede disappeared for most of the series)
other 7 necks=aragami
peanut gallery sideline characters=aragami division (also happen to be peanut gallery sideline characters)
other similirities: after the first episode, both Momiji and Himeko exhibit a marking on their chests (for Momiji it was one of those soul thingies...himeko it was that marking)
Oogami and Kusanagi both betrayed the "bad guys" (interestingly enough, "Kusanagi" was the name of the sword Susan-O yanked out of Orochi when they fought in the legend...Naruto fans take note...KnM fans too, it might come up) and had feelings for both priestesses
Old 2004-10-26, 05:36   Link #199
anbu-burger

ok i have the full opening of kannadoki no miko by kotoko re-sublimity
hm....... i will upload it just wait!
only 25 people can download it so better hurry and get it!
anbu-burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 05:42   Link #200
anbu-burger

censored link

enjoy the full version

Edit by Moderator: We don't allow links to copyrighted material like song rips. Do this again and you'll be facing a ban

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-10-26 at 06:12.
anbu-burger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, mecha, romance, shounen, yuri