Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-01-04, 22:11   Link #161
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
This thread make me wish I didn't live in the N.Ireland =[

When I was in Florida a few years back I couldn't pull myself away from an indoor range close to our hotel and I think I blew a good chunk of my cash sampling the "menu".

I'd love to be able to put together a Costa AR build =/
What's a "Costa AR"? And welcome to the thread Drake!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 22:19   Link #162
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Is Drake referring to the "Chris Costa AR-15"?

Old 2011-01-04, 23:16   Link #163
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Is Drake referring to the "Chris Costa AR-15"?

my god... i can modify this to my heart's content! maybe install some foregrips, replace the red dot with an ACOG sight, put an AN\PEQ on the right...

btw... this carries the 30 round magazine, right?
Old 2011-01-05, 20:26   Link #164
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
my god... i can modify this to my heart's content! maybe install some foregrips, replace the red dot with an ACOG sight, put an AN\PEQ on the right...

btw... this carries the 30 round magazine, right?
Not quite sure, was getting close to finding out till the discussion about this gun went into Chris Costa M4/Carbine/etc
Old 2011-01-06, 17:12   Link #165
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Thats not quite the one I was referring to its this one:

I believe hes changed his upper receiver since from the FDE to an all black one with the same URX style rail set-up.

I've put together a few replicas using magpul parts and they're really good for the money.
Spoiler for Click for mine.:

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 20:22   Link #166
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Thats not quite the one I was referring to its this one:

I believe hes changed his upper receiver since from the FDE to an all black one with the same URX style rail set-up.

I've put together a few replicas using magpul parts and they're really good for the money.
Spoiler for Click for mine.:
did i just see an M1911A1 in his right pocket?

also, what IS that on its handguard? i forgot the name but its one of magpul's products. ima likin the reflex sight on the CQBR and red dot on the other one. sooner or later, im waiting to put an AN\PEQ on that thing...

for some reason or another, the masada magazine (i believe i saw this magazine in the masada rifle) feels a bit awkward to use IMO. its really different compared to the usual STANAG magazine... but hell i like its design though.

gentlemen... your thoughts about France's FAMAS rifle?
Old 2011-01-06, 22:30   Link #167
Lost Cause

First of all I'm a lady! And thats not his pocket but a speed holster and it's holding a STI 2011! A hi-capacity .45 (or .40, or .38 Super etc). I saw these in action at Gunsite. As for the doohicky hanging off the AR dunno?
FAMAS? Outside of it being standard French issue, thats about all I know.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2011-01-06, 22:40   Link #168
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
First of all I'm a lady! And thats not his pocket but a speed holster and it's holding a STI 2011! A hi-capacity .45 (or .40, or .38 Super etc). I saw these in action at Gunsite. As for the doohicky hanging off the AR dunno?
FAMAS? Outside of it being standard French issue, thats about all I know.
the grip kinda looks like the M1911A1's tho...
didnt know about that holster since the vests i wear always had a built in tactical draw holster that i can pull out using my left hand (did i mention i was a lefty?).

as for the FAMAS, i did go using two magazines and an ACOG sight with it, but i am always finding its OMGWTF big carrying handle to be awkward and fugly...
Old 2011-01-07, 03:51   Link #169
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
did i just see an M1911A1 in his right pocket?

also, what IS that on its handguard? i forgot the name but its one of magpul's products.
It's an Angeled Fore Grip.

It's supposed to be good for maintaining a strong grip on firearms but it looks damn uncomfortable to me.

When I shoot rifles I tend to have my second hand just in front of the trigger guard holding the gun up. Might look a little weird but I can hold it rock steady standing.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 04:43   Link #170
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post

It's supposed to be good for maintaining a strong grip on firearms but it looks damn uncomfortable to me.

When I shoot rifles I tend to have my second hand just in front of the trigger guard holding the gun up. Might look a little weird but I can hold it rock steady standing.
a foregrip i can do, but i hafta agree, looks uncomfortable...
Old 2011-01-07, 14:25   Link #171
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Fallschirmjager is correct its a magpul AFG and although it does look a little awkward it makes so much sense when your holding it especially if your weapon is a little longer than a standard AR.

The P-mags are so much better than standard stanag mags as they're lighter, just as durable and their shape give more grip particularly when your wearing gloves and importantly they look cool =D.

I quite like the famas even though it looks chunky and a bit unwieldy but only when its pimped out a little.

Spoiler for Like this one !:

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 00:11   Link #172
Lost Cause

^So thats a FAMAS! It's a bullpup design like the AUG right?
Sorry ZeKeR, didn't mean to sound bitchy!@.@ if I can find STIs website I'll send it along to you ok? It is a 1911 but with a hi-capacity magazine and they call it the 2011 instead. Also they're based out of Texas.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2011-01-08, 05:38   Link #173
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
^So thats a FAMAS! It's a bullpup design like the AUG right?
Yup, bullpup alright. That was another point of contention for some shooters - the ejection port was placed a little too far back and some complained that smoke (spent gasses) got in their eyes. Though I think this could said of a lot of bullpup rifles (FN F2000 excluded, since the ejection port is actually placed above the barrel).
Old 2011-01-08, 06:08   Link #174
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

"When you know it's your turn to die, the last thing you do is, you save that gun by hurling it as far away from you as you can."

So a weapon is sometime more valuable then a common soldier's life.

Agree/Disagree ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 09:30   Link #175
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Yup, bullpup alright. That was another point of contention for some shooters - the ejection port was placed a little too far back and some complained that smoke (spent gasses) got in their eyes. Though I think this could said of a lot of bullpup rifles (FN F2000 excluded, since the ejection port is actually placed above the barrel).
F2000 was a wonder when i had a go with it, but im raging at the fact that you cant just simply let the magazine fall down like the m4 even tho its a stanag, and that at times it will jam... triple feed... lol

i really didnt have a go with the original AUG, but the A3 was giving me results i wanted.

for some reason, i can say this to H&K's G36....
OMGWTFDIDIJUSTSHOOTITSSOAWESOME! seriously, i dun like using its standard scope since its too narrow but hell it makes the 5.56 even meaner... but WHY DO THEY NOT MAKE IT CAPABLE OF PORTING A STANAG MAGAZINE?! thar transparent magazine cant be placed in an M16 variant except magpul's magazine...
Old 2011-01-08, 09:47   Link #176
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

...It depends on what kind of weapon it actually is - and its importance on the battlefield. I can understand if some countries are willing to sacrifice a few men to keep a strategic bomber in safe hands, but an AK-47 IMHO doesn't carry as much weight as the shooter. As far as I'm concerned, an AK-47 only becomes deadly when someone is there to pull the trigger (yes, it's pretty much what the NRA says on the topic of gun control, but let's keep that detail on the sidelines for now). So you might say there are some cases where it actually makes sense to "save the weapon" as your above quote puts it...that is, if you know that there IS someone left to carry on your own fight...and pick up the weapon.

However, there is kind of a catch-22 here: the item doesn't carry much value if no one is capable of wielding it (if all crews/users die in the battlefield, leaving you with more equipment than qualified troops to man them), but at the same time a soldier cannot achieve much if he is not supplied with the tools of his trade (WW2 being a prime example with both Germany and Japan severely running out of resources at the end and being unable to produce possible gamechangers like V2/A4s, Tiger IIs, Me262s, etc., etc.). I'd pretty much say our respective values are entwined - you can't define one without referencing the other.
Old 2011-01-10, 22:28   Link #177
Lost Cause

I'd rather go down fighting than give up my rifle! If I still have bullets I'll keep fighting, and when the bullet finds me, well then I won't need my rifle anymore will I?

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2011-01-11, 01:09   Link #178
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post

That stance is only useful when you are firing carbines and SMGs like the MP5, you don't lose too much accuracy in rapid snap-shots (pulling the trigger rapidly in semi-auto), with a plus of a quicker reload sequence since your non-master hand is closer to the magazine well. When it comes to longer rifles like the M16, you stand to have your shots go haywire more often when you are not prone, or when you are running and gunning.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 02:10   Link #179
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That stance is only useful when you are firing carbines and SMGs like the MP5, you don't lose too much accuracy in rapid snap-shots (pulling the trigger rapidly in semi-auto), with a plus of a quicker reload sequence since your non-master hand is closer to the magazine well. When it comes to longer rifles like the M16, you stand to have your shots go haywire more often when you are not prone, or when you are running and gunning.
no wonder why russians were trained to hold the AK47 with not using the handguard...

also, im getting really annoyed by those *ehem* CoD boyz saying that a foregrip on a rifle looks fugly, especially on AR variants... seriously, a vertical foregrip makes your stabilization even better so dont you guys go and say:

"man vertical foregrip looks ugly! put in a nade launcher so it will be cool!"

"an SMG that has a vertical grip? NO. it really cramps my style"

"a shotgun with a foregrip is fail."

FYI, for a rifle, a nade launcher attachment adds WEIGHT to the gun itself (yeah, faced an M16A2 with a nade launcher and it was a bit heavy). and for an SMG, why dont you try firing a UMP or Kriss Super V\TDI Vector without its damn foregrip and see that for yourself.

okay... rage time over
Old 2011-01-11, 14:37   Link #180
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
no wonder why russians were trained to hold the AK47 with not using the handguard...

also, im getting really annoyed by those *ehem* CoD boyz saying that a foregrip on a rifle looks fugly, especially on AR variants... seriously, a vertical foregrip makes your stabilization even better so dont you guys go and say:

"man vertical foregrip looks ugly! put in a nade launcher so it will be cool!"

"an SMG that has a vertical grip? NO. it really cramps my style"

"a shotgun with a foregrip is fail."

FYI, for a rifle, a nade launcher attachment adds WEIGHT to the gun itself (yeah, faced an M16A2 with a nade launcher and it was a bit heavy). and for an SMG, why dont you try firing a UMP or Kriss Super V\TDI Vector without its damn foregrip and see that for yourself.

okay... rage time over
Yes, most of the nerds playing CoD (or any other FPS) wouldn't know which end of a gun is the business end much less how the weapon actually behaves with various configurations. I try to play with the chat volume turned off so I'm not tempted to start calling people idiots.

What is really good though is jumping in with a group of war vets who have actually conducted operations... it is just beautiful to watch and listen to.

Tags
firearms, guns