AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-22, 19:51   Link #9641
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
I love tat's because if I wanted to see someone struggle i'd watch any other story.
Most people like to read about a weak no talented ninja wants to become stronger so they can be Hokage. We however prefer read about a defective magician who is completely OP but still has good fights and lives in a world that has been developed very well. Not trying to bash Naruto just the first comparison that came to mind.
Old 2014-01-22, 19:59   Link #9642
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadyazidozi View Post
its not like we overrate Tomitsuka.
and, yes, it is very overrating anyone if we compare them with Tatsuya, who has Regrowth, MB, and ES.
which is at the very top of Defense (more to immortality, LOL), Attack Power (that Nuke), and Information (you cannot hide almost everything)
Yeah and we overrate magician.
Use gun and they're dead. Snipe them from 1km range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Good news.

Bad news is, there really isn't anything we don't already know.
Annd I forget what's the reason GAA attack japan ?
They want to steal magic technology ?
Old 2014-01-22, 20:32   Link #9643
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadtheGuy View Post
I did and it didn't really answer me. Like your post just now those posts leave too many maybes and not a convincing answer.

Maybe he just can't target Tomitsuka with Mist Dispersion without getting rid of the shield.

I already said he wouldn't actually use Mist Dispersion even if he could but the thing is we have really no indication that he can. We do have an indication that he can't since the one time he used it, it fizzled against the shield. Now you can say he only targeted the shield... but that isn't convincing.

I'm primarily talking about Decomposition. Specifically Mist Dispersion. Note that Trident might make the diference in all these situations.

Your speculating on how Phalanx would match with Decomposition.

What was said was it would be attrition warfare but that as soon as Tatsuya removed a shield it would be replaced and the battle would be endless. Hence Decomposition vs Phalanx is essentially a stalemate and other factors will determine the outcome of that fight.

Tatsuya can indeed see through Parade if he abandoned his senses and solely focused on it. This is also dangerous. I don't think I said anything implying Parade was a perfect counter? You just have to get around it's effect.

As for Contact-Type Gram Demolition... that is the current discussion. Him using Far Shot has nothing to do with him using Decomposition.

I'm looking at it from the perspective that the shields prevent instant defeat and create a disadvantage for Tatsuya who is otherwise an unmatched badass that can one shot everyone. In that sense they all succeed in creating a situation that isn't normal for him.

That said I don't mean the defenses are perfect. No shield is really a perfect counter just like Decomposition isn't a perfect attack. The shields exist to be broken or gotten through. That is why I said it isn't really a weakness of Decomposition but the advantage of defensive magic.

You can't damage the target until you deal with the shields. Decomposition can't just blow through defenses and kill flawlessly like it does against non magicians or magicians without powerful defenses. Tatsuya has to either remove them or correctly identify in the case of Parade which is difficult.

TLDR: The point I was making is that Tatsuya has to get rid of Defensive Magic before he can use Decomposition. So he probably can't just target through the shields like people suggest.

I guess depending on his interference strength he'd be like Miyuki or someone at best. Or maybe even worse. I'm glad he has his OP abilities. He's the best protag to come out of japan is god knows how long. In Volume 12 when he went to grab Mayumi and actually made a point to not do something cliche and indecent like grab her tits, I was like... "This is why you're the best".
"May be ...?"is a rhetorical question....
If you aren't convinced with what i posted before, there are nothing i can do .

-----------------------
About Phalanx.
If you go into an attrition battle, you will do something like this: you hit someone and you let them hit you back ans see who will be the last one standing.
If a big muscle man and a tiny boy do that, will it be a stalemate? I don't think so.
I think "attrition" is not equal "stalemate".

Shield regeneration possibility means nothing if it doesn't have the regeneration speed and energy substantiation to do its job well :
+)You guys assume that Katsuto can build shield as fast as Tatsuya shoot his spell. Which is unlikely since Tatsuya is regarded as the fastest spell caster by the military.
+)You guys assume that Katsuto have the same amount of Psion like Tatsuya, which is also unlikely since he and Miyuki is the best when it comes to Psion counts.
(if you play an RPG, drink a health portion and let a boss-class monster hit you, you will understand what i mean. I went through it once in MU to come to the realization above.)

May be the head of Jummonji will have a stalemate with Tatsuya, but Katsuto? I think he can only delay the inevitable in like.. 3 seconds....
----------------------
BTW, when did Tatsuya grope Mayumi breast?
P?S: sorry, he just hold Mayumi to prevent her from falling. Why did i think he grope her breast ? Silly me
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-

Last edited by bietchie11; 2014-01-22 at 21:47.
Old 2014-01-22, 21:06   Link #9644
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
Yeah and we overrate magician.
Use gun and they're dead. Snipe them from 1km range.

Annd I forget what's the reason GAA attack japan ?
They want to steal magic technology ?
Yeah. They weren't really trying to take over although that would have been nice, but their scheme backfired on them thanks to Tatsuya.
Old 2014-01-22, 21:40   Link #9645
hakazee

Quote:
Yeah. They weren't really trying to take over although that would have been nice, but their scheme backfired on them thanks to Tatsuya.
So, the magic technology is so important that can bring in the wealth to GAA ?
I'm confuse with what happen in their world. Attack other country to steal something.
I understand if the war simply because racist or to conquer the land. Yeah their reason is weird and wrong.
I wonder if there are Negotiation in this world.
Old 2014-01-22, 21:51   Link #9646
Waxman

I doubt the main objetive was the magic technology, after all his first objetive 3 (i suppose now 4) years ago was Okinawa.
When the invasion started to fall apart the comander in the ship mentioned that other objetives included taking VIPs hostages and kill as many magicians as possible in order to weaken Japan firepower.
In all the Yokohama invasion looked more like an attack to weaken Japan morale in the war the GAA were about to re-start but was averted whe Tatsuya destroyed its fleet.
Old 2014-01-22, 21:51   Link #9647
BW95
Banned

Quote:
I'm confuse with what happen in their world. Attack other country to steal something.
I understand if the war simply because racist or to conquer the land. Yeah their reason is weird and wrong.
It's not about wealth, but military might. Maybe you didn't get the memo, but despite their size, GAA is weakest in terms of magical technology thanks to the Yotsuba. Notice how all their magicians during the Yokohama invasion used Ancient Magic, which is usually inferior to modern magic in terms of combat capability.

To be accurate, their main objective was to take control of the Japanese Magic Association branch, where all of Japan's magical research is stored. Occupying a good portion of Japan was secondary as they were planning on launching an all-out offensive.
Old 2014-01-22, 21:52   Link #9648
Ultragunner

It is stated somewhere in the latest vol (from the Vampire Arc perhaps) that the GAA, despite being quite a large country, is a bit behind in magic technology compared to others.

Dahan used to be the center of magic research in East Asia (somewhat), thanks to that they were able to stand toe-to-toe with the GAA. However, they made a grave, huge and stupid mistake, that was the kidnap of Maya, thus they were destroyed by the Yotsuba . Then the GAA took over Dahan but it had missed the chance to absorb any magic tech.
Old 2014-01-22, 21:55   Link #9649
Waxman

Yeah GAA only has ancient magic after Yotsuba destroyed Dahan but even if they managed to steal all Japan technological advancements GAA wouldn't have has the time to use them against Japan i think.
Adopt modern magic would take some time i think and since their main force (and even their strategic class magician) were about to depart i doubt they would pause the attack so they can add Japan reseach to their arsenal.
So ill go with the idea that GAA wanted to wound Japan before the real battle.
Old 2014-01-22, 22:01   Link #9650
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
It is stated somewhere in the latest vol (from the Vampire Arc perhaps) that the GAA, despite being quite a large country, is a bit behind in magic technology compared to others.

Dahan used to be the center of magic research in East Asia (somewhat), thanks to that they were able to stand toe-to-toe with the GAA. However, they made a grave, huge and stupid mistake, that was the kidnap of Maya, thus they were destroyed by the Yotsuba . Then the GAA took over Dahan but it had missed the chance to absorb any magic tech.
Yeah. Thankfully, Genzou was smart enough to destroy all the research data there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
Yeah GAA only has ancient magic after Yotsuba destroyed Dahan but even if they managed to steal all Japan technological advancements GAA wouldn't have has the time to use them against Japan i think.
GAA planned on a full offensive war. Even if Japan managed to beat them back, it wouldn't have been able to destroy the GAA. The GAA would have still been standing in the end and they would have had all the time to employ the data they stole. At which point, they would resume the war against Japan.
Old 2014-01-22, 22:02   Link #9651
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
GAA need magic technology and they can't buy it (it is stated in the LN that countries refrain from exchange tech nowadays and magicians aren't even allowed to go travel freely)=> has to attack and steal from a country.
=>GAA think Japan is free food since its allies abandon it and it looked weak.(small country, few people, only one recognized Apostle who is kind of useless.)
Nobody can argue with free things.

Stealing technology and power expansion is not uncommon. And negotiation is something people always want to do. In real-life.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-

Last edited by bietchie11; 2014-01-22 at 22:40.
Old 2014-01-22, 22:13   Link #9652
hakazee

Quote:
Yeah. Thankfully, Genzou was smart enough to destroy all the research data there.

GAA planned on a full offensive war. Even if Japan managed to beat them back, it wouldn't have been able to destroy the GAA. The GAA would have still been standing in the end and they would have had all the time to employ the data they stole. At which point, they would resume the war against Japan.
And japan didn't plan to attack other country because they don't have enough power or because they're the Peacemaker ?
I mean just shoot them and boom.
Old 2014-01-22, 22:15   Link #9653
BW95
Banned

Quote:
And japan didn't plan to attack other country because they don't have enough power or because they're the Peacemaker ?
I mean just shoot them and boom.
Regardless of whether Japan planned on invading GAA, it would have taken a significant amount of time just to shoo the occupied forces. Trying to actually take GAA, would have required a lot of time just to break even.
Old 2014-01-22, 22:24   Link #9654
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Ain't that the truth. Even if he's OP, shit still feels tense and the story/battles flow well and are interesting.

On another note. I don't believe it was ever explained in non vague terms but what do people think is exactly happening when a Magician overuses their magic and dies?
You kinda fry your brain and die.
Old 2014-01-22, 22:29   Link #9655
Ultragunner

Japan is actually in a very tight spot. They may be able to push back the GAA, though there would be a lot of casualties and loss if Tatsuya hadn't been there (Okinawa and Yokohama would have been taken). Self-defense is one thing but a large scale invasion would be too much, also The New Soviet Union wouldn't stay idle if Japan initiated a war in the region (they did launch an attack on Japan 3 years ago roughly at the same time the GAA attacked Okinawa).

What about Material Burst? Oi Oi, are you planning to make Japan the enemy of the world?

Last edited by Ultragunner; 2014-01-22 at 22:40.
Old 2014-01-22, 22:32   Link #9656
hakazee

Quote:
Regardless of whether Japan planned on invading GAA, it would have taken a significant amount of time just to shoo the occupied forces. Trying to actually take GAA, would have required a lot of time just to break even.
I mean other country attack you but you didn't attack them and only in defense mode. ( If I'm not mistake, they sent Mio only for defense ).

That means you avoid to make WAR or you simply don't have that power.

If they attack me, I will fight back or sue them.
Old 2014-01-22, 22:33   Link #9657
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Ain't that the truth. Even if he's OP, shit still feels tense and the story/battles flow well and are interesting.

On another note. I don't believe it was ever explained in non vague terms but what do people think is exactly happening when a Magician overuses their magic and dies?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Japan is actually in a very tight spot. They may be able to push back the GAA, though there would be a lot of casualties and loss if Tatsuya hadn't been there (Okinawa and Yokohama would have been taken). Self-defense is one thing but a large scale invasion would be too much, also The New Soviet Union wouldn't stay idle if Japan initiated a war in the region (they did launch an attacked on Japan 3 years ago roughly at the same time the GAA attacked Okinawa).

What about Material Burst? Oi Oi, are you planning to make Japan the enemy of the world?
True japan has only been able to repel this conflicts because of magic.
This always bothered me but shouldn't the most magically advance country be the U,K instead of the U.S
Old 2014-01-22, 22:39   Link #9658
araragi92

I watched accel world and look who I spotted in a scene

Spoiler for picture:
Old 2014-01-22, 22:40   Link #9659
iCloudz7

Its not like if you have the power you can conquer a country... Even though if you destroy their defenses and take down the military if you dont have enough manpower you will just be destroyed at the end, you cant just send people to another country while your own is unprotected and the USNA is not the best ally you can have, so its a matter of manpower and having the allies to go on a fullfront war which is something that Japan in this world doesn't have.

Last edited by iCloudz7; 2014-01-22 at 22:57.
Old 2014-01-22, 22:52   Link #9660
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCloudz7 View Post
Its not like if you have the power you can conquer a country... Even though if you destroy their defenses and take down the military if you dont have enough manpower you will just be destroyed at the end, you cant just send people to another country while your own is unprotected and the USNA are not the best ally you can have, so its a matter of manpower and having the allies to go on a fullfront war which is something that Japan in this world doesn't have.
That's why I say the setting is very weird and unreal.
Look GAA may attack other country but the other country can't attack them ?
Just what happen in their world ? Where's United Nations ? Wait I bet they don't have UN, someone will create that to end the war.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings