AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2014-08-12, 07:17   Link #1
sebo3e

Send a message via MSN to sebo3e
Question about ps1 memory card

I have an question about memory card for ps1 its orange and i wonder if it works on ps2?

i show a pic of it
http://www.njuskalo.hr/image-bigger/...a-32743916.jpg

http://www.njuskalo.hr/image-w920x69...a-32743917.jpg

this is the one i am buying can enyone confirm that this is legit one and that it gets detected by ps2 to save ps1 games?
sebo3e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 07:23   Link #2
kyp275
Meh

the ealier models of ps2 have slots for ps1 memory cards, im not sure about the later slim models though.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 07:30   Link #3
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, it IS a legit PS1 memory card, I have the same one in yellow and I can confirm that the PS2 slot, at least of the first models, fits in just fine...but I'm not too sure about the saves. IIRC it should play fine, at least for the PS1 games, unless they're corrupt. Just know that PS2 saves take a lot more space, although I assume that's not what you want it for.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 07:34   Link #4
sebo3e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Well, it IS a legit PS1 memory card, I have the same one in yellow and I can confirm that the PS2 slot, at least of the first models, fits in just fine...but I'm not too sure about the saves. IIRC it should play fine, at least for the PS1 games, unless they're corrupt. Just know that PS2 saves take a lot more space, although I assume that's not what you want it for.

aha i see but what worries me is that i dont want to waste money if it wont work on ps2 slim
but still it does say playstation on it and its orange so that means its orginal correct?
because last time i got ripped off when i bough mega memory card or psone white and it was third party

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
the ealier models of ps2 have slots for ps1 memory cards, im not sure about the later slim models though.
Ps2 slim does the same as fat one to plug ps1 memory card s but the problem is that its blocking the third party memory cards like mega memory card for example but of course orginal ones will work sony brands

Last edited by Flower; 2014-08-12 at 08:39.
Old 2014-08-12, 07:57   Link #5
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I possess what it seems to be a third party copy of the card in your picture (same color too) and that's what I used to save files while playing FFIX on my PS2 (old model).

I can confirm you that the PS2 was definitely designed to be able to read and write files on PS1 cards, and mine isn't even original. In fact if you play PS1 games on PS2 you must necessarily use PS1 cards, as the PS2 ones aren't recognized by the games.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 08:03   Link #6
sebo3e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I possess what it seems to be a third party copy of the card in your picture (same color too) and that's what I used to save files while playing FFIX on my PS2 (old model).

I can confirm you that the PS2 was definitely designed to be able to read and write files on PS1 cards, and mine isn't even original. In fact if you play PS1 games on PS2 you must necessarily use PS1 cards, as the PS2 ones aren't recognized by the games.
wait is this third party or the orginal one?
i am a bit confused
Old 2014-08-12, 08:27   Link #7
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

The card in your picture has written "SONY" on it, mine does not, it has a different company name and writings.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 08:33   Link #8
sebo3e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
The card in your picture has written "SONY" on it, mine does not, it has a different company name and writings.
aha witch one do you have?
plus i had also psone white where says sony and it doesnt work on ps2 also its made in china maybe that s why?
it need to be made in japan to be legit right?

plus what i meant before third party or legit
the pic you saw is the offical orginal one?
Old 2014-08-12, 09:05   Link #9
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

We used both official Sony PS1 and PS2 cards and third-party replacements as well. Never saw much difference between them.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote