AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-03-09, 08:25   Link #21
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Spoiler:

Is that the fire whip thing in her hand?
Seems like a normal whip, but it should still hurt.

Finished volume 6 of STnBD.

Spoiler for :
Old 2012-03-09, 10:01   Link #22
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Hmm, I'd give more thought to the spoiler if I had a little context to go with it
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 12:40   Link #23
Tom Bombadil

Tried to do some editing on Baka tsuki. Oh man it is a lot of work.
Old 2012-03-09, 18:02   Link #24
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Tried to do some editing on Baka tsuki. Oh man it is a lot of work.
You could directly translate, you know. There are more editors, usually.
Old 2012-03-09, 21:26   Link #25
whsie

Overall, this is extremely popular in the chinese lightnovel community (along with the others Kira mentioned). I would say it's pretty good work.

And btw, Kira, I didn't read volume 6 in detail yet, but did
Spoiler for spoiler of the end:
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 22:14   Link #26
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Overall, this is extremely popular in the chinese lightnovel community (along with the others Kira mentioned). I would say it's pretty good work.

And btw, Kira, I didn't read volume 6 in detail yet, but did
Spoiler for spoiler of the end:
Listance? Did you mean Restia, the black wings spirit? If so, then
Spoiler for :

And this novel will surely get an animation. And even though people say that Clairelooks like a mix of Louise and Aria, at least she's likable. You'd get to see Terminus Est in socks too...wait, I'll go fetch that image.

Edit: Got it. NSFW, BTW.

Spoiler for Pic:

Oh, another one (NSFW too)

Spoiler for Pic:

Last edited by Athena; 2012-03-09 at 22:28.
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 13:24   Link #27
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Listance? Did you mean Restia, the black wings spirit? If so, then
Spoiler for :
No, I disagree.

Spoiler for end of vol6:
Old 2012-03-10, 15:46   Link #28
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I have some questions regarding this series. Who are enemies of the MC? Why they fight?
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 16:18   Link #29
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Well I just wanna know what the "Blade Dance"(tht it the right thing rite?) event is?
Old 2012-03-10, 16:25   Link #30
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I still couldn't figure out how fighting in this series could be besides a competition. Is there any war break out in the LN?
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 17:00   Link #31
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Well I just wanna know what the "Blade Dance"(tht it the right thing rite?) event is?
It is a contest held by the spirit kings participated by blade dancer from all nations, with the winner granted a wish.

There is no war in this series yet.

The enemies of the MC mainly consists of other blade dancers and their contracted spirits, some of them are simply in a contest, others with various malicious intent.

The main goal of the MC is to participate in coming the blade dance contest to stop some one named "unmatchable blade dancer" Ren Arsberg, and reclaim what he lost 3 years ago. The twist is

Spoiler for end of vol1:
Old 2012-03-10, 17:08   Link #32
Richocet
Lover of Purity

But I thought he won it last time he was there, didnt he?? So who are blade dancers, is it just what it sounds or???
PS Nice avatar
Old 2012-03-10, 17:22   Link #33
Tom Bombadil

Quote:

But I thought he won it last time he was there, didnt he?? So who are blade dancers, is it just what it sounds or???
PS Nice avatar
Yes he won. But he lost other things that are more important to him. The blade dancers comes in various fashions since there are great diversity of contract spirits. Kamito, the MC, is the your real blade dancer, since his specialty is with the words. But there are others who are in command of giant or dragons, etc. In the book they are called "Seirei tsukai".

Seirei= spirits
Tsukai=user.

If you have watched the zero's tsukaima series, you know that Mahou Tsukai is a wizard, with "Mahou" = magic. and Tsukaima is "tsukai" + "ma" where tsukai means something like serving, and "Ma"= demon, so it is more approprately translated as a "familiar", with Saito being an exception.
Old 2012-03-10, 18:20   Link #34
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Spoiler:

So its a 1-on-1 fight where winner gets their wish. Who grants it though?
Old 2012-03-10, 18:39   Link #35
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
So its a 1-on-1 fight where winner gets their wish. Who grants it though?
No, the blade dance contest each have different rules, some years it is 1-on-1 fight, other years it is team fight, etc.. For the coming one it is a free for all team fight. I used to think that the one grant the wish are the five spirit kings, now I don't know anymore.
Old 2012-03-10, 19:01   Link #36
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Hmm and that is what the school is for right? And is he like the first male to win it or what...since this is seems to me like a place where woman rule.

EDIT: Also what is up with the template warning on the BT page?? Is the series going to be removed??
Old 2012-03-10, 19:46   Link #37
EvI

i also want know it...
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 20:52   Link #38
Tom Bombadil

Quote:

Hmm and that is what the school is for right? And is he like the first male to win it or what...since this is seems to me like a place where woman rule.

EDIT: Also what is up with the template warning on the BT page?? Is the series going to be removed??
No that's not the case. There is hardly any other male character in this series and Kamito himself is awesome.

As for Baka tsuki, Kira08o2 might know more about it since he is the one who started the project.

I just finished working on chapter 4. Someone has started chapter 5. Now we have leaped from lacking translation to too many translators. The quality be damned. Hopefully we'll have the book out sooner this way. So we need editors, a lot of them.

Edit: well, I have just took a look at chapter 5, the translation is pretty good, better than mine, I dare say.
Old 2012-03-10, 22:31   Link #39
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
No that's not the case. There is hardly any other male character in this series and Kamito himself is awesome.

As for Baka tsuki, Kira08o2 might know more about it since he is the one who started the project.

I just finished working on chapter 4. Someone has started chapter 5. Now we have leaped from lacking translation to too many translators. The quality be damned. Hopefully we'll have the book out sooner this way. So we need editors, a lot of them.

Edit: well, I have just took a look at chapter 5, the translation is pretty good, better than mine, I dare say.
Thnx for the info...its just tht this seems like a nice LN which I wanna follow...and I would like to help in the editing bt I dont know any jap so I wouldnt really knw the context of what I'm editing.
Old 2012-03-10, 22:51   Link #40
Athena
The Power of One

Guys, the warning template was something I've done. It is in order to gt approved by an admin an get into the sidebar. However, the admins are kinda MIA or something, so...

@Tom on V6

I can't really tell what the hell would happen, personally. Even if "she" reappears, it would be intense trolling to me if it "she" reappears right in the prologue in Kamito's arms. There's more possibilities that her part will serve later in the story. You're right about the volume being too short, though I think that's the average with STnBD. Around ~200k of file size in txt format, which would about 3/4 or 2/3 of the length of a regular novel.

And BTW, what's up with that SeireInsanity? At this stage, volume 1 will be completed before the project gets approved on B-T.

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap