Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-07-02, 22:33   Link #1
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Front Mission 4

Anyone playing this at the moment? I Think it's friggin great. You really can't find really tough games nowadays, but this one has put me in the feedle position a few times.

and for those of you who don't know, FM4 is like Final Fantasy Tactics, but a bit more complicated and with giant robots.
Old 2004-07-02, 23:17   Link #2
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
kinda like how FM3 was like Final Fantasy Tactics, but a bit more complicated and with giant robots.
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-02, 23:19   Link #3
AKS74u

Yup, I got in a few days after it was released... the IGN review made me hesitate a bit, but i'm glad I bought it. Only complaint I have is how bland the maps can be, I love tricking out my Wanzer though.

As for the difficutly, I can't really say much... the only time I ever had a little difficulty was in a simulator mission,

Spoiler:
AKS74u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-02, 23:26   Link #4
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

I was really put off when I heard that the "eject" option wasn't returning from the 3rd game- it was so gratifying to jump out of your wrecked wanzer and jump in somebody else's only to JUST beat the stage- so awesome. I'll probably end up getting the 4th when it gets to bargain price, though.
wsheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 18:07   Link #5
DekaMaster
Banned

The Eject thing is not really needed in this one since there is so much customization of the wanzers. The battle i had the hardest time with was the 2nd battle with Wagner.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 18:49   Link #6
Wang Hung Lo
Death to False Music

Send a message via AIM to Wang Hung Lo Send a message via MSN to Wang Hung Lo Send a message via Yahoo to Wang Hung Lo
I love it. I enjoyed Front Mission 1 and Gun Hazard a lot so I know I'd be into this one despite the shitty reviews it got. I had a hell of a time with the first Wagner battle. I think that's the one where he's in his base with the two stationary grenade launchers. I had to restart it several times because I kept losing key characters, and since I'm a completist, I didn't want anyone to die just so I get the levels. The 2nd battle with Wagner was easy, except towards the end, 3 enemy wanzers were ganging up on Elsa, Zead was out of missles, and Latona only had 1 arm,

Overall, the story is great, the graphics are acceptable, not like the really matter. The voice acting is superb(if you can get over Elsa's corny French shit). Definetly one of the best PS2 titles of the year, if you like simulation RPGs.
Wang Hung Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 19:24   Link #7
RichMan
????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wang Hung Lo
I had a hell of a time with the first Wagner battle. I think that's the one where he's in his base with the two stationary grenade launchers. I had to restart it several times because I kept losing key characters, and since I'm a completist, I didn't want anyone to die just so I get the levels. The 2nd battle with Wagner was easy, except towards the end, 3 enemy wanzers were ganging up on Elsa, Zead was out of missles, and Latona only had 1 arm,
I remember those battles, they took forever to beat! I won that one with 2 wanzers left. The 2nd one was kinda easy like you said too, you just had to avoid him at the start, and when you regroup your team together then send a melee wanzer at him that has high evasion (you'll do good damage on him, and whenever he attacks it then you'll automatically dodge it almost everytime)

FM3>FM1>FM4

I haven't played FM2, and i've played Gun Hazard, but that it a different kinda game.

FM3 is my favorite because everything about it kept me playing. I enjoyed the story, characters (Ryogo is the best, ROFUP1 chain bitches!), and it was just great.

FM1 is my 2nd favorite because I thought it had the best music out of the three, and I just enjoyed playing it with its SNES graphics.

FM4 is my last. Though I loved the link system, I found the story and characters to be very boring and with the addition of the repair backpacks this made it so there could an unfair 20 enemy wanzers against your 5-10 wanzers. I also hated how bad your wanzers accuracy was. I wouldn't automatically buy the strongest guns, I'd try finding one that had both good accuracy and power, but once you get into battle it really pisses you off when you try link attacking somebody and they dodge all three of your linked attacks. I got up to about mission 28 I think it was, then put the game down. I'll continue off it someday. . . (it was the one where Elmo was in the tank with the governer and since he was a dumbass he tried attacking the enemy wanzers all by himself, so you had to win and keep him alive, which proved difficult after a while when he keeps going on ahead without my team)
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 01:33   Link #8
Wang Hung Lo
Death to False Music

Send a message via AIM to Wang Hung Lo Send a message via MSN to Wang Hung Lo Send a message via Yahoo to Wang Hung Lo
I'm only on mission 14 right now. I put it down for a while since I was playing from 12-15 hours at a time, and I couldn't let myself do that anymore. I had to get out of the house! I'll get back to it once I finish Parasite Eve and Xenogears. I'm a late PS boomer.

In FM4, the German guy with the big nose, he's saved my team's ass on many occasions. His evade is so ridiculously good. On the Sim mission where youre inside of Wagners castle, I had him and Zead take out the 6-7 wanzers outside of it while everyone else just focused on the jetpack team.
Wang Hung Lo is offline   Reply With Quote