AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-01-03, 03:39   Link #1
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Do you watch J/K/C Drama ? If so which are your Favorites

My forray into watching J Drama was due to manga and anime mostly ended up watching the manga's which were made into liveaction . It was about 2 years back and got hoooked on from then . I have watched about 20-25 JDramas /Live Actions till date

Here are JDorama's top 15 the one in red are the ones I have watched .So whats your favorite J/K/C Drama ?

Quote:

01. GTO *

02. Gokusen *

03. Ichi Ritoru no Namida / 1 Litre of Tears

04. Hana Yori Dango (Boys Before Flowers / Boys Over Flowers) *

05. Nobuta wo Produce *

Spoiler for Savin Space:

Just a friendly reminder this poll pre-dates HanaKimi /

Source : JDorama

I was searching for some good K Dramas and I came across this article . Its pretty interesting its top KDramas voted by Daddicts members . Here is the list I will summarize and picturize them once I get time . The orignal compilation was done by BABAI

Quote:

Quote:

#01 Full House

Summary :

Spoiler for Space:
Quote:
#02 My Name is Kim Sam Soon

Summary :

Spoiler for Space:

Quote:
#03 My Girl

Summary :

Spoiler for Space:
Quote:
#04 Goong

Summary :

Spoiler for Space:
Quote:
#05 I'm Sorry, I Love You

Summary :

Spoiler for Space:
06.) Save the Last Dance for Me

07.) Stairway to Heaven

08.) Winter Sonata

09.) Sweet 18

10.) Autumn in my Heart

Spoiler for space:

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2008-05-19 at 19:17.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 04:13   Link #2
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I'm Big Fan Of J-Drama..
My Favorite is
Bambino!
Hana Yori Dango
Sailor Fuku to Kikanjuu
First Kiss
Very Good Shows...

There A lot Of Show I Forget Their Names....
Old 2008-01-03, 05:52   Link #3
yupyupyup

Hana Kimi (J-version) is the best (supprisingly that you don't have that in your list). I watched both Hana Yori Dango already. I got Gokushen 1 +2 , but the fighting is so fake and boring that I haven't seriously watch one episode sstraight. I was looking for 2 old J-drama show (probably about 8~10 years ago) , if you guys can help me with the title, I would greatly appreciate! One was about a young girl around 16 years old, hired (?) to become a fake bride (in my country, it was translated into something like "16-year-old bride"), another one is about a pretty much odd, carefree girl that's trying to reaach her love interest in a company (her name is something Marilyn, due to her father's liking of Marilyn Monroe).
yupyupyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 06:09   Link #4
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

You Can Look Here For The Show You Looking for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...evision_dramas
Old 2008-01-03, 11:46   Link #5
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupyupyup View Post
Hana Kimi (J-version) is the best (supprisingly that you don't have that in your list).
This isnt my top picks its from here

Also
Quote:
Just a friendly reminder this poll pre-dates HanaKimi /
Old 2008-01-03, 12:25   Link #6
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

The only ones that I could finish were Densha Otoko and Gokusen (1). 1L of Tears just got way too sad after ep 6. Another one not on your list was Kiken na Aneki, just because I'm a fan of Itou Misaki and thinking of going to med school.

Personally, I prefer the Korean stuff. Full House, Autumn Tale, and My Sassy Girl (movie) just blew me away.

I think this would fit better in the "General Chat" board...since dramas don't really have anything to do with anime.
Old 2008-01-03, 12:48   Link #7
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Well, I haven't seen any except Nodame Cantabile. I'm still waiting for the second season. I'm still new those kind of dramas.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 13:03   Link #8
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Forget About Nodame Cantabile I like The J-Drama Better Than The Anime
Old 2008-01-03, 15:08   Link #9
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
I think this would fit better in the "General Chat" board...since dramas don't really have anything to do with anime.
Actually some of the dramas feautured are Live Actions ( Manga Adaptations) like GTO Gokusen Denhsa Otoko Hana Kimi Nodame Cantabile etc

I used the term Dramas as whole to include LiveActions/ Manhwa Adaptations ( Goong Full House ) and your usual J/K/C Soaps
Old 2008-01-03, 17:58   Link #10
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Out of all the Asian dramas available, I only watch Japanese series, since I prefer to spend my time with something that will further my education.

Two of my favorites:

Densha Otoko was hilarious and touching, and deserves at least a try from any one with our subculture interests. It's gotten a tremendous amount of love from "normal folks", too, and perhaps for that reason it should be viewed as socially important--a lovingly distorted "looking glass" for society and the otaku within. The obligatory "crying scenes" in every episode get very old, but that aside it's very good.

Yama Onna, Kabe Onna should be tried by any one who liked the female lead in Densha Otoko and wants to see her in a role that requires more range should absolutely see her here. I find it hard to recommend to many people, because of western "touchy issues" making it hard to bring up a show where the title and superficial theme reference the disparity of breast size between the two female leads, but it's actually very tasteful and not at all sleazy. Not only does it provide the rarity of a genuinely strong lead female character that is neither a Yamato Nadeshiko nor lacking genuine feminine identity, but it's consistently funny and sweet. Interestingly--at least for any one with experience in theater--is that it's frequently blocked like a stage production despite being a multi-camera recording, which I find very interesting to watch.

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 18:03   Link #11
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
Yama Onna, Kabe Onna should be tried by any one who liked the female lead in Densha Otoko and wants to see her in a role that requires more range should absolutely see her here. I find it hard to recommend to many people, because of western "touchy issues" making it hard to bring up a show where the title and superficial theme reference the disparity of breast size between the two female leads, but it's actually very tasteful and not at all sleazy. Not only does it provide the rarity of a genuinely strong lead female character that is neither a Yamato Nadeshiko nor lacking genuine feminine identity, but it's consistently funny and sweet. Interestingly--at least for any one with experience in theater--is that it's frequently blocked like a stage production despite being a multi-camera recording, which I find very interesting to watch.
Nice! I agree, Itou Misaki's role was terribly plain in Densha Otoko. Thanks for the info!
Old 2008-01-03, 22:59   Link #12
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
Thanks for the info. Densha Otoko was my first foray into J-Drama, and while it got pretty overly melodramatic at times, I have to say it was quite an enjoyable show. I've been dying to try other shows but didn't know where to start, so this seems like a good place to start.

The only other J-Drama I've seen so far was the live action version of Boku Wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru. While the premise was very good, I thought the pacing was too slow for me to really recommend it.
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 00:18   Link #13
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

My favorites in no particular order:
Hana Yori Dango season 1 &2
GTO
Nodame Cantabile
Densha Otoko
Long Vacation
Beautiful Life
Hero - who thought lawyers were so funny and fascinating?
(gokusen season 1 was better than 2, but they both got old after a while)

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb

Last edited by Marina; 2008-01-04 at 05:59. Reason: added link
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 05:24   Link #14
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Almost Every one Said That Densha Otoko Good J-Drama... Is it That Good To Watch?
Old 2008-01-04, 05:53   Link #15
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
Almost Every one Said That Densha Otoko Good J-Drama... Is it That Good To Watch?
IMO......GREAT. I think the TV series to be much, much better than the movie though: better acting, better actors. The main character is so easy to love and I think he relates to a lot of people out there who are connected one way or another to the 'otaku' lifestyle, be it extreme or just a mild interest. Another plus is that it is rumored to be based on a true story, thus giving hope to a lot of people! I highly recommend you try it.

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 15:01   Link #16
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

My favorite K drama of all time.
The Immortal Lee Soon-Shin (The greatest admiral ever, yes I even say better then Nelson. Yi Soon Shin was once defeated 300 Japanese ships with only 13ships.)
Huh Jun
Yes, they are both historical drama, and only drama that I watch is historical one, never really liked other dramas.
Though I am recently watching this new drama called New Heart , it's really good and I haven't enjoyed drama in years.
Old 2008-01-04, 15:17   Link #17
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
Densha Otoko is a must see for any true blue anime fan . its takes into the world of anime the darker side . It pretty much tells you in detail about the life of an anime fan . The silver lining is a beautiful love story when an ordinary or below ordinary guy falls for a princess and eventually gets her : )

Trust me after watching Densha you will never use the term 'otaku' to describe yourself as an anime fan
Old 2008-01-04, 15:27   Link #18
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Densha Otoko is a must see for any true blue anime fan . its takes into the world of anime the darker side . It pretty much tells you in detail about the life of an anime fan . The silver lining is a beautiful love story when an ordinary or below ordinary guy falls for a princess and eventually gets her : )

Trust me after watching Densha you will never use the term 'otaku' to describe yourself as an anime fan
I'm Downloading This J-Drama Now...I'm Witting For Ep 1 To Finish..
It 11 Ep Right..?
Old 2008-01-04, 15:30   Link #19
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yeah its 11 episodes and Two Specials . One of those specials is an integral part of the storyline they give an explanation to events which have already occured .

So make it a point to watch those specials
Old 2008-01-04, 15:35   Link #20
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Will I Couldn't Find Any Specials Ep Your Talking About..

Tags
drama, live action