AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-15, 06:05   Link #1321
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
I also call him "dat fat guy" ... easier to remember... .... but the fact he is fat doesn't take away from his insane dual persona
Can't you just call him by his name Hirano? It's not that difficult.
Old 2010-07-15, 06:09   Link #1322
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
I also call him "dat fat guy" ... easier to remember... .... but the fact he is fat doesn't take away from his insane dual persona
What do you expect? "Highschool of the Dead" is bit of a misleading title, as will be made evident soon enough. This should have been called "The Kouta Hirano Show".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Can't you just call him by his name Hirano? It's not that difficult.
I'd think that at least the Hellsing fans would have little problem remembering his name... ^_^
Old 2010-07-15, 08:26   Link #1323
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ep.2 was AWESOME! The black screen censor on the gory stuff is fine, as long as they don't censor the ecchi ones.

Iam really starting to like the fat nerd Hirano, he's very resourceful in many ways and as I see on some of the comments here he's pretty much the "popular guy" in this series instead of the main protagonist who was an emo at first, but his life changed since the outbreak incident.

Anyways my favorite team is "Otaku and Tsundere" Hirano and Tagaki.
2nd is Busujima and Marikawa the "Bishoujo" team lol
least fav is the love team of Takashi and Rei...meh

Anyways hope the guys would "PAIR UP" with other team members later on the series. Also Iam an anime only watcher so I dunno much about the manga happenings.
Old 2010-07-15, 08:52   Link #1324
Nite-Wing

Takagi and Rei........horrible characters who's overt moe ness combined with their personality disorders makes me sick.
Granted they are all in high school if the emo and gun otaku seem sane compared to a genius theres a problem.
Old 2010-07-15, 10:28   Link #1325
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I fine it very funny at hilarious as peoples dismissing their current situation as something that can be easily acceptable.

This are normal peoples in a very normal everyday life then suddenly the world turns upside down. Especially girls like Rei and Saaya, they are the ones that might easily break in this kind of situation. Things are quite different from bystander POV.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 10:56   Link #1326
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Man if EVER there will be an epidemic on earth PLEASE let it be zombies! I've always wanted to kill the undead in real life.

Anyways point taken, but the 2 main guy and gal characters started off on the story on the wrong foot, but given the situation expect the unexpected from the dead. I just hope they just stop questioning morals later on if ever one of them or a survivor dies that they've taken with them.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-07-15 at 11:03. Reason: that video fits the other thread more.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 11:05   Link #1327
Menthuss
INFERNO DIVIDER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I'd think that at least the Hellsing fans would have little problem remembering his name... ^_^
I'd think that at least everyone who's seen anime would've recognized the King of Braves.
Menthuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 11:18   Link #1328
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Man if EVER there will be an epidemic on earth PLEASE let it be zombies! I've always wanted to kill the undead in real life.

Anyways point taken, but the 2 main guy and gal characters started off on the story on the wrong foot, but given the situation expect the unexpected from the dead. I just hope they just stop questioning morals later on if ever one of them or a survivor dies that they've taken with them.
what if they are the sprinting fast zombies.

i sure as hell would hate that
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 11:29   Link #1329
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
what if they are the sprinting fast zombies.

i sure as hell would hate that
Like they said grab everything you can and use it to kill kill kill the undead.

I think the only morality here that would keep this group intact that they don't loose their sanity like most horror movies.

@-Klashikari - nvm backtracked.

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2010-07-15 at 11:57.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 14:31   Link #1330
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menthuss View Post
I'd think that at least everyone who's seen anime would've recognized the King of Braves.
I've personally never seen GaoGaiGar, and considering its age and divisive genre (giant mecha/MotW), I doubt I'm the only one. But I know what you mean about Kouta's seiyuu. I personally will always know him as Kankuro Nishiyama ("Onimaru Miki~~!! Nya~!!") and of course Link.

What I was referring to was Kouta's name, which is the same as the famous Hellsing mangaka. And they kinda look alike, too...
Old 2010-07-15, 14:51   Link #1331
Yuutsu

I liked how the series hasn't really tried to give a contrived reason as to why the Zombie outbreak occurred or how the 'affliction', itself, works. I think it's better that way.
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 14:56   Link #1332
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
I fine it very funny at hilarious as peoples dismissing their current situation as something that can be easily acceptable.

This are normal peoples in a very normal everyday life then suddenly the world turns upside down. Especially girls like Rei and Saaya, they are the ones that might easily break in this kind of situation. Things are quite different from bystander POV.
Actually, I always thought the author was implying that to survive a zombie apocalypse, you have to be a bit f**ked-up in the head. If you consider all the other students to be 'normal', and they all ended up as zombie chow, then our team must have the rare skill set that you need to survive (which has nothing to do with the abilities you need in the 'real world').

So you can criticize Rei for getting over Hisashi's death so quickly... but if she didn't, she'd be dead. Likewise, Takashi might be an emo, close-to-failing, regular guy in 'real life', but in zombie-land he's a bat-wielding, zombie-crushing hero. Hirano is a nerdy loser in 'real life', but... (well, you can see what I'm getting at).

That, or they're just very lucky...
AcroDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 15:26   Link #1333
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Dude , why do you blame Takashi and Rei , they're human too , we are all different , do you expect to get only nerd/genius guys ? what if there's an emo char ? Don't say that there aren't/weren't at least one emo people in your school ...
+ Hirano might be awesome but we know that it's exaggerate .

Anyway , hope for less black screen ^^

And i want to see some G-cup Zombies for lol
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 16:43   Link #1334
Lummie

More Pixiv art

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Xd, I'm glad it's getting attention Xd
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 16:46   Link #1335
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post

5 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Apocalypse Could Actually Happen

See:

http://www.cracked.com/article_15643...ly-happen.html

AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 17:01   Link #1336
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuutsu View Post
I liked how the series hasn't really tried to give a contrived reason as to why the Zombie outbreak occurred or how the 'affliction', itself, works. I think it's better that way.
My thoughts reading that are: "It better stay that way!"
Old 2010-07-15, 17:08   Link #1337
AnimeBuddy
Anime Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
5 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Apocalypse Could Actually Happen

See:

http://www.cracked.com/article_15643...ly-happen.html

LOL ! That's so true xD
AnimeBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 17:09   Link #1338
Nijuu
Please don't hate me

As almost everyone here, I hated the “boin boin” sound. Terrible.
I don’t know why the fanservice isn’t annoying me (besides the sounds). I really don’t. Maybe I got a limit. Maybe it’s just because I read 2 chapters from the manga and got used to.

I liked the voices. Especially Sawashiro Miyuki and HIyama Nobuyuki.

I just hope all this format won’t stand until last episode. It would really be annoying. But what else should I expect from a zombie show? That’s not even my taste.
Even so, at first I was joking about a Takashi x Takagi shipper. Now I want her to be with fatty. :P Not that I strongly believe that will ever happen. But I think he’s the only reason now why I’m watching HoTD.

I also like Saeko. And Rei wasn’t that annoying this time. I guess I understand a little more about what you guys were talking about last episode.

[Oh, and I HATE Shizuka, the nurse. Thank you, anime, for making it easier for me with the retarded boob sounds]
Old 2010-07-15, 17:19   Link #1339
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Dude , why do you blame Takashi and Rei , they're human too , we are all different , do you expect to get only nerd/genius guys ? what if there's an emo char ? Don't say that there aren't/weren't at least one emo people in your school ...
Hm? I'm not 'blaming' anybody. I was just trying to say that the skills that make you successful surviving zombies, are not the same skills that make you successful in 'normal' life.

For example, Hisashi seems like more of a hero than Takashi (and frankly, would probably make a better boyfriend), but he was too overconfident in his black belt, so he got munched.
AcroDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 17:24   Link #1340
AnimeBuddy
Anime Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroDave View Post
Hm? I'm not 'blaming' anybody. I was just trying to say that the skills that make you successful surviving zombies, are not the same skills that make you successful in 'normal' life.

For example, Hisashi seems like more of a hero than Takashi (and frankly, would probably make a better boyfriend), but he was too overconfident in his black belt, so he got munched.
But when your fighting zombies, why be the hero ?
You'd probably get yourself killed in the process :P
AnimeBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse