AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 35 50.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 21.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 21.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-09, 01:02   Link #41
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I am actually surprised at Mio's expression when they are telling Azunyan to buy bread for them. She's happy too!

Though the part about the Golden Chocolate bread is risque at best.

Azunyan + Tsundere = Cuteness Overload
Azunyan (dere mode) : I am sorry, I didn't know I was always so....
Azunyan (tsun mode) : Wait, we need to decide on the songs!

P.S Hopefully in the bonus DVD, we get to see Azunyan changin - *IS SHOT*

P.P.S Notice that Mugi immediately goes after Yui right after the latter goes to the toilet....and the scene cuts to them playing Fude Pen because they took too long in there?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-09-09, 01:17   Link #42
Pathfinder4k

What seems strange to me is this season could be the last. Several points of interest. From the japanese forums - there is no K-On Season 3 so it will be ending. From Anime News Network, TBS just sold over $20 million dollars ( US ) in the past three months from K-ON merchandise a lone ( not DVD sells.) The K-ON ending and opening music selling like hotcakes in Japan. Blu- Rays and DVDs of the series are in the top 10 every week. This doesn't make sense to me. K-on is a money making machine and they will end it with only 2 seasons because the manga ended? I'm not sure if there is a different between Japan and American when it comes to series. If a series had this much success in the US, you can guarantee a third and fouth season without blinking an eye. I guess this is the difference in our culture.
Old 2010-09-09, 01:44   Link #43
Ezilled

What can I say, it's like this episode conveys that I should prepare my heart next week before their most anticipated, tear-jerking graduation finale and last few songs that they will play at school. It really has come to an end.. it shatters me when I'm thinking about it, but I'll definitely savour and love every single bit left untold. I'm thankful for being part of "them" -- witnessing their ups and downs, laughs and cries, dreams and woes.. and I'm also grateful that it always put me in a good mood when I'm feeling down and gives me strength to live just to follow all episodes for months. Cheers K-ON! and Cheers HTT!

Anyways, I really love how they carved their mementos on a recording tape, passing their music on few generations to come. When the Afterschool chime echoed through the orange twilight, it really lingers the days I had spent from my high school. I hated it with a passion that haunted me in my dreams, but those were irreplaceable and priceless memories that I gathered. I can even recall rehearsing our Alma Mater -- dry and tiring but it paid off on the latter.

Okay enough of that, we'll cry bitch tears once again filled with happiness in our hearts. The red curtains will fall soon before we know it, leaving us awestruck and melancholic at the same time.

Tissues. Tissues everywhere.

Preemptive SEASON THREE WHERE? It really is a pipe, greedy wish for now.
Old 2010-09-09, 02:12   Link #44
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder4k View Post
What seems strange to me is this season could be the last. Several points of interest. From the japanese forums - there is no K-On Season 3 so it will be ending. From Anime News Network, TBS just sold over $20 million dollars ( US ) in the past three months from K-ON merchandise a lone ( not DVD sells.) The K-ON ending and opening music selling like hotcakes in Japan. Blu- Rays and DVDs of the series are in the top 10 every week. This doesn't make sense to me. K-on is a money making machine and they will end it with only 2 seasons because the manga ended? I'm not sure if there is a different between Japan and American when it comes to series. If a series had this much success in the US, you can guarantee a third and fouth season without blinking an eye. I guess this is the difference in our culture.
Well, a continuation of the story would obviously be different, with A) the main girls going to college and/or B) the titular high school club consisting of different characters.
But (IMO) nothing is stopping them from doing various OVA's taking place at different times during the first two seasons.
Old 2010-09-09, 02:41   Link #45
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Hairballs on stockings......pubes?
Old 2010-09-09, 03:54   Link #46
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

I just really wish for a Season 3 Y_Y

Man....
Old 2010-09-09, 04:06   Link #47
Kev-kun
Curiousity is a Virtue?

T-T its going to end soon.. I cant believe Yui actually used a complex word lol ...Musicianship (well not really). Hopefully theres a third, but for now 3 episodes to go
Old 2010-09-09, 05:42   Link #48
Trans-Fat

Ahhh the sweet memories of graduating from high school. Though I hated high school with all my heart, I can't help but think back of when I was finally going to graduate out of the hellhole.

9/10 because I wanted to see a scary voice pop out of nowhere when the crew was recording and replaying what each person was saying. I wanted to see Mio jump out of her fear of scary stuff one more time, and that scene seemed like it was a good place to scare Mio. Replayed on the cassette recorder, Azu-nyan "Yamette".....scary scream pops out after what Azu-nyan said. lol

Still a great episode overall.
Old 2010-09-09, 07:42   Link #49
zette

Seeing "最終回" on the preview saddens me greatly, but it is an inevitable outcome and as the saying goes, all good things must end. 24 weeks gone by all too fast. As mentioned in the episode, it is indeed their last "after school" together, probably the last time they'll be sitting in that music room drinking tea and wasting time. And to think that I'll be graduating from high school in two months time... it's been a really eventful part of my life and just like the K-ON girls, I don't wish for it to end just yet.

I'm expecting the tears to flow again next week. At least this time I'll be prepared.
Old 2010-09-09, 07:51   Link #50
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

There are already alot of advance markers dropped for a continuation :

1. All the girls are going to the same JWU
2. Sogabe (the first seitokai) is going to JWU too.
3. The university the girls are going to is another all-girls setting.

The only thing is the mangaka. It would depend on the artist whether to continue or not. I wouldn't say I am confident......K-ON sounds like the artist's one shot to me that became incredibly successful due to cuteness and character depth.

Even though it simply took all the female stereotypes from the manga/anime world and chunked them all together. Namely airhead, bijin, tomboy, rich girl, megane seitokai, loli and yamato nadeshiko*.

* - From another POV (aka hidden traits), it would be genius, uke, seme, lesbian, disciplinarian, tsundere and yandere respectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zette View Post
And to think that I'll be graduating from high school in two months time..
Please don't screw up your GCE 'A' Levels. It would add a small bitter aftertaste to your highschool memories.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-09-09, 08:16   Link #51
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder4k View Post
What seems strange to me is this season could be the last. Several points of interest. From the japanese forums - there is no K-On Season 3 so it will be ending. From Anime News Network, TBS just sold over $20 million dollars ( US ) in the past three months from K-ON merchandise a lone ( not DVD sells.) The K-ON ending and opening music selling like hotcakes in Japan. Blu- Rays and DVDs of the series are in the top 10 every week. This doesn't make sense to me. K-on is a money making machine and they will end it with only 2 seasons because the manga ended?
Well, yes. It'd be like Warner Brothers making a ninth Harry Potter film (yes, I'm counting the last one as two,) to cash in on the franchise in spite of the fact that J.K. Rowling has put the Potterverse down and is moving on to other things.

Quote:
I'm not sure if there is a different between Japan and American when it comes to series. If a series had this much success in the US, you can guarantee a third and fouth season without blinking an eye. I guess this is the difference in our culture.
Clearly you've never heard of a little-known shonen anime called "Dragonball" have you? Or "Naruto" or "InuYasha." All of which dragged on longer than the history of the universe itself.

With that being said, "milking the cash cow" has a habit of backfiring. For example, many popular shonen series. As an example from the West: Star Trek. Little three-season campy sci-fi expy of the well known Western "Wagon Train" made in the late '60s. Produced eleven films and five four spin-off series. With a few exceptions, all the films ranged from mediocre (ST:1,3,4,7,8) to "Who writes this crap?" (ST:5. Every Trek film after the 8th (First Contact.)) The TV shows seemed to lose something with each iteration.

If Kakifly wants to move on from K-ON! and do something else, he's well within his rights to do so. He might come back to it someday. Which may, or may not, be a good thing. For example, the five or six fans of Tenchi Muyo are still debating the merits of the third OVA.

And besides that, what would a third season of K-ON!!! revolve around? Azusa, Ui, and Jun and their quest to find a fourth member before the light music club is disbanded due to lack of members, and suffering from the attentions of their cosplay-happy advisor, while trying to emerge from the shadow of such illustrious light music club bands as Hokago Tea Time and Death Devil? Or the original four in college . . . the drama of picking majors, the wild sorority parties, the grind of coursework, the terror of finals, and the girls discovering . . . men?

One seems like it would run the distinct risk of recycling plot lines, and exposes itself to endless comparisons to the original girls and Hokago Tea Time. The other . . . would be difficult to strike the right balance of credibility and appeal to otaku. Both would run the distinct risk of fan backlash when they go "You changed it, now it sucks!"
Old 2010-09-09, 08:42   Link #52
kitten320

So next week will be graduation? I wonder what specials will be ablou then... liked that they decided to record their music^^
Old 2010-09-09, 08:57   Link #53
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
The only thing is the mangaka. It would depend on the artist whether to continue or not. I wouldn't say I am confident......K-ON sounds like the artist's one shot to me that became incredibly successful due to cuteness and character depth.
Pretty much like Final Fantasy. Well, except the cuteness, perhaps.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-09-09, 09:55   Link #54
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
I really like this episode with just the girls goofing off and reflecting on their years in high school. It's pretty neat that they recorded themselves on that cassette tape we see during intermission. That totally went me go "OoOoOo!!!". And that scene where Ritsu was holding Yui on the floor made me laugh, the timing was perfect on that one. Like some of the others here, I can't help but feel that they are setting up for something after "K-ON". I hope this feeling isn't just my desperate desire for a 3rd season.
Old 2010-09-09, 09:59   Link #55
BarbecueSauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Sogabe (the first seitokai) is going to JWU too.
Megumi is attending Hokkaido University. That was shown during the fan club party with William Clark's statue. Transferring from Hokkaido to JWU is a massive downgrade since Hokkaido University is one of the National Seven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Hairballs on stockings......pubes?
I also thought of that.
Old 2010-09-09, 10:13   Link #56
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Do highschool students in Japan stop showing up for classes after they take their entrance exams?

From what I remember of highschool we were expected to attend right up till graduation (although usually about 1/3 of the class didn't bother showing up after finals.)

Another question then... during the entrance exam season do Japanese students taking them still go to school or do they just spend all their time studying for the exams? (Maybe they do both in that school becomes study time?)

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-09-09, 10:19   Link #57
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
There are already alot of advance markers dropped for a continuation :
All these markers make for some good shark-jumping traits. Besides, I don't think anybody would be convinced by either of the media's depiction of life after high school. There is more freedom but there isn't much room to "take it easy" like the girls do in the manga. There is some particularly grittier SoL out there but K-On has not taken that format nor do the anime/manga wish to take that risk (hence the invention of Yuri Paradise University).

Quote:
cuteness and character depth.
I don't think the manga is particularly strong in the area of the second one. I'd say the cuteness and the all-girls setting was the bigger sell. Following pics related:

* Not all SoL adhere to this format, it just seems to be the format that has become more commonplace today.

Also, the 21st can't come soon enough. I hope they don't cop-out on the unaired songs and just stick them into the image CDs. Giving HTT another album release like last time would do quite well.
Old 2010-09-09, 10:46   Link #58
Rem0rse

Why is everyone saying Ep 24 is the finale?

HTT,KeiOn, We Will NEVER, EVER Forget You, Even Though It's Your Last Year... It Is Not The End For Any Of You~
Old 2010-09-09, 10:49   Link #59
itzglez
♫♫♪

hairballs are actually what? I was like "seriously?!" then suddenly remembered my used stockings >.> LOL, aren't there any other terms just for that? and aren't hairballs refer to cats? =3

I found myself pouting when Yui said Nodoka was like a grad student. it's really ending

Yui: President, what is "after school" to you?
Ritsu: Let's see... A waste of time...

seriously, that's one hell of spending fun times together with the K-On girls. and I wish next episode they would pull out something fun too though we're seeing the girls graduate.
Old 2010-09-09, 10:52   Link #60
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem0rse View Post
Why is everyone saying Ep 24 is the finale?
Because it is. It covers the final part of the manga, tying up the manga plotlines. Episodes 25 and 26 will be "bonus" anime-original episodes not really having anything to do with the manga plotlines. It's just like Season One, where Episode 12 was the finale of that season, and episode 13 was a cute little bonus story about the new year rolling around.