AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-09, 04:40   Link #4341
Plant42

I've wondered about this for a while. Why did people have to change Orsola Aquinas's name to Ursula Aquinas ?

It's true that she was namimg after Saint Ursula who is English.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Ursula

But in this work she is Italian and the Italian version of that name is Orsola.
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sant%27Orsola

what Kamachi used is Orsola(オルソラ) not Ursula(ウルスラ/アーシュラ/アースラ), and in the official guidebook "To Aru Majutsu no Index no Subete" it's Orsola too.
So there's no point for changing her name except that you want to change her nationality from Italian to English.
Old 2010-09-09, 04:57   Link #4342
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

First exposure of translations from whichever TL came out with it, mostly. If that's what's in the guidebook, then a change is in order. Just edit at the wikia :3
Old 2010-09-09, 06:30   Link #4343
LastResolve

gaiz whats the difference between a hound dog and a normal dog also how did accel defeat them i heard he didnt even use his powers
Old 2010-09-09, 07:29   Link #4344
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I've changed it, but to keep people from being confused with such a change, I kept Ursula as a reference.

Well, since someone has info on the official guidebook, can I ask what is the official Romanizations for Biagio Buzoni (or Bussone), Lidvia (or Ridovia) Lorenzetti and all those other non-Japanese names.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-09-09, 08:58   Link #4345
reaper with no name

I've got a really dumb question.

According to Aiwass, Accelerator cannot defeat Kazakiri as he is now, right?

Yet in the summaries we have so far for volume 21, Accelerator is successfully using Redirection on Kazakiri's attacks to hurt Gabriel.

So what gives? Logically, if Accelerator can redirect Kazakiri's attacks, does it not follow that it is she, and not he, who would be in trouble were they to fight (regardless of other factors such as amount of AIM)? Or is there some other factor at play which I am missing?

Not that something like that would actually happen, it's just something that was bugging me.
Old 2010-09-09, 09:54   Link #4346
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper with no name View Post

Yet in the summaries we have so far for volume 21, Accelerator is successfully using Redirection on Kazakiri's attacks to hurt Gabriel.

So what gives? Logically, if Accelerator can redirect Kazakiri's attacks, does it not follow that it is she, and not he, who would be in trouble were they to fight (regardless of other factors such as amount of AIM)? Or is there some other factor at play which I am missing?

Not that something like that would actually happen, it's just something that was bugging me.
It was never explicitly stated that he can't reflect Kazakiri's attacks. Probably the state of what he is as being unable to defeat Kazakiri as he is now is being able to defend himself against her attacks (to a degree) but not inflict damage to her.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-09-09, 10:00   Link #4347
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I've changed it, but to keep people from being confused with such a change, I kept Ursula as a reference.

Well, since someone has info on the official guidebook, can I ask what is the official Romanizations for Biagio Buzoni (or Bussone), Lidvia (or Ridovia) Lorenzetti and all those other non-Japanese names.
For the other names
Stiyl=Magnus
Aireolus-Izzard
Misha-Croitsef
Shelly-Cromwell
Agnese=Sanctis
Lucia
Angelene
Oriana=Thomson
Ridovia=Lorenzetti
Laura=Stuart

For Biagio, unfortunately his Romanizations is not in the first guidebook since it's only in-depth details for vol.1-10(and with a little of vol.11-13).
I'm waiting for "Index no Subete II" to be released too(Hope it will coming soon).
Old 2010-09-09, 10:12   Link #4348
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
For the other names
Stiyl=Magnus
Aireolus-Izzard
Misha-Croitsef
Shelly-Cromwell
Agnese=Sanctis
Lucia
Angelene
Oriana=Thomson
Ridovia=Lorenzetti
Laura=Stuart

For Biagio, unfortunately his Romanizations is not in the first guidebook since it's only in-depth details for vol.1-10(and with a little of vol.11-13).
I'm waiting for "Index no Subete II" to be released too(Hope it will coming soon).
Aren't the "=" and "-" to represent the space between the non japanese names? You know in japanesse the names in kanjis are wrote together...

About Lorenzetti's name, I can't remember a name like Ridovia, Ridvia or Lidvia in Italian. I tried Google but so far I only find Lidvia Martinez and Lidvia Concessao on non Italian sites .
Old 2010-09-09, 10:44   Link #4349
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper with no name View Post
His just barely redirecting it and he still need to dodge it if it's too powerful or move if it's dangerous. As for Attacks with Gabriel redirection is utterly useless.

Accelerator is just start learning angel language or knowledge thanks to goatskin but it's just barely deciphered with.

And even if Accelerator can barely manage to redirect the attacks so it would hit Gabriel it doesn't mean his attacks can work against Kazakiri.

That's why Accelerator even using Kazakiri's attacks because so far an attack of an angel can only damage Gabriel.

And if your asking about the fight of Misha and Kaori. Kaori is just defending and can barely manage it too.
Old 2010-09-09, 11:15   Link #4350
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
about Lorenzetti's name, I can't remember a name like Ridovia, Ridvia or Lidvia in Italian. I tried Google but so far I only find Lidvia Martinez and Lidvia Concessao on non Italian sites .
of course you couldn't, because they're not Italian names, none of the 3. It should be either Lidia or Livia...
Old 2010-09-09, 12:10   Link #4351
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Not quite, according to the Chinese version Index is saying with that kind of massive power maybe not even a saint can control it. Index is saying its effects are SIMILAR to "power of Angels (Telesma?)", but the energy compostion is completely different. She also made a throwaway(?) comment that things from 'demonic studies' are completely different to "Power of angels as well.
Yup...basically that....BTW, there's vol 13 - 21 in Mandarin? Can't find them anywhere...

Quote:

She's still an AIM Angel powerful enough to fight and hold her own against Gabriel. The very same Gabriel that overpowered Accelerator like a bug before Acqua drained it. Something tells me that if Accelerator seriously fought Hyouka, the result would be somewhat similar.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2010-09-09 at 12:23.
Old 2010-09-09, 12:44   Link #4352
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yup...basically that....BTW, there's vol 13 - 21 in Mandarin? Can't find them anywhere...
Follow the link in wilfri's sig. If his still not changing it.

Similar to what? Accelerator managing to beat Hyouka? well he can manage to redirect the attack so the chances aren't that big. But if Hyouka is also trying she can also beat Accelerator. well they are both strong enough to beat one another though for accelerator's case if his attack aren't working well your attack could work against you

EDIT:

off topic

Can I ask of a site that sales light novel specially book girl or bungako shoujo that do deliver here in asia or to be precise south east asia? No one is replying on my question. Please pm me or reply here.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2010-09-09 at 13:39.
Old 2010-09-09, 14:10   Link #4353
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Follow the link in wilfri's sig. If his still not changing it.

Similar to what? Accelerator managing to beat Hyouka? well he can manage to redirect the attack so the chances aren't that big. But if Hyouka is also trying she can also beat Accelerator. well they are both strong enough to beat one another though for accelerator's case if his attack aren't working well your attack could work against you

EDIT:

off topic

Can I ask of a site that sales light novel specially book girl or bungako shoujo that do deliver here in asia or to be precise south east asia? No one is replying on my question. Please pm me or reply here.
Similar to Accelerator getting pwned by Gabriel. Is what would happen if he fought Hyouka.
Old 2010-09-09, 14:46   Link #4354
Inept Forum User

Question Slight Concern

Forgive me if this isn't the right place, but can I ask a question regarding this piece of information (from Vol22 preview):

Quote:
Desire to protect a girl, will the three boys feelings reach through? The story of Science and Magic, finally at the climax!
Does this mean that the next volume is the final one? If so, I'm a little bit worried, because it doesn't seem like enough space for a smooth ending.
Old 2010-09-09, 15:02   Link #4355
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
gaiz whats the difference between a hound dog and a normal dog also how did accel defeat them i heard he didnt even use his powers
The Hound Dogs aren't dogs. They're Gakuen Toshi's Black Ops forces, which means that they're a like a much more secretive and undercover version of Antiskill that carry out dark operations. They attacked Accelerator with the intent to kidnap Last Order. Accelerator physically and psycologically tore them to pieces even without using his powers.

For more details, go to baka-tsuki.org and read volumes 12-13 translated there.
Old 2010-09-09, 15:16   Link #4356
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Does this mean that the next volume is the final one? If so, I'm a little bit worried, because it doesn't seem like enough space for a smooth ending.
Nope it just means that it's the end for world war III arc or in simple terms it's just the time to kick fianma's butt goodbye
Old 2010-09-09, 15:23   Link #4357
Inept Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Nope it just means that it's the end for world war III arc or in simple terms it's just the time to kick fianma's butt goodbye
That's a relief - one volume would probably not be enough. Thanks for answering my question, tsunade666.

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2010-09-09 at 16:22.
Old 2010-09-09, 19:26   Link #4358
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's just the end for the massive World War III Super-arc.

@Naming
I'll stick with the following:

Stiyl=Magnus
Shelly-Cromwell
Angelene
Oriana=Thomson
Laura=Stuart

Will be discussing for the following:
Lucia for Luccia. The former is a valid name.
Ridovia=Lorenzetti -> Actually, the only way for us to find out the proper pronunciation of リドヴィア is through the anime. She'll appear probably after the chaos in The Book of the Law Arc.
Agnese=Sanctis Well, what do you know? Agnese is actually a valid name, an Italian counterpart of Agnes.

Not doing changes for:
Aireolus-Izzard -> for the reason that it's written as アウレオルス=イザード.
Misha-Croitsef -> C is never pronounced as in core, and is Romanized as K. Will still be keeping Kruezhev as the spelling.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-09-09, 21:20   Link #4359
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
The Hound Dogs aren't dogs. They're Gakuen Toshi's Black Ops forces, which means that they're a like a much more secretive and undercover version of Antiskill that carry out dark operations. They attacked Accelerator with the intent to kidnap Last Order. Accelerator physically and psycologically tore them to pieces even without using his powers.

For more details, go to baka-tsuki.org and read volumes 12-13 translated there.
They seem pretty useless though........like some kind of kiddy spec ops...a guy using a shotgun and a building can defeat them....seriously, no sense of urban warfare at all.

Quote:
Or not......I mean Carissa still hung around after the English Civil War arc
Old 2010-09-09, 21:35   Link #4360
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Or not......I mean Carissa still hung around after the English Civil War arc
So do you think there are chance he will be back to help against Aleister just as Acqua did against Carrisa?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen