Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-18, 08:24   Link #21
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Hummm... everyone seems to love this anime/manga. NeoSam, I believe in your judgement, i'll have to check this one out too.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2006-08-22, 11:14   Link #22
NeoSam

The second season is finally mentioned on the Emma anime site

http://www.emma-victorian.com/

Wow it has been almost a year since something was written in the topics >.<
Old 2006-08-22, 14:41   Link #23
ImClueless
Rawr

Woo more confirmation. Now if only they would tell us WHEN its coming and how much they are going to include....
Old 2006-08-23, 06:08   Link #24
wao
OK.

If you click the button that says "click for more details", it has a popup.

This is my usually crappy translation of the popup.

"Aired last year, the TV anime "Victorian Romance Emma" season 1 was set at the pace of 12 episodes, covering the story in tankoubons 1 and 2 of the manga.

The second season will be about Emma's story after she bumped into* Dorothea at the train station, and got into the same carriage as Tasha.

The director will be the same as in Season 1, Tsuneo Kobayashi. Same goes for the series organisation and script; Mamiko Ikeda. You can find more details on the highly promising Season 2 released in the Comic Beam magazine, as well as on its official website.

Please look forward to watching this anime."

*NB: It's been ages since I last read the manga so I don't ermebmer if she just happened to pass by her, or bumped into her exactly. What a fan I am. >_>

Well that doesn't give a lot of details, and furthermore their website is under construction -____- Guess I'll hop over to 2ch and waste some time there...
Old 2006-08-23, 12:01   Link #25
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
The first season is 12 episodes long, and it has been fully fansubbed by the wonderful group IIchan Translation Group, the episodes can be found here.
Just being curious...when I look at the tracker, it only lists episodes 1 to 5. What happened to the other episodes? (seeing the amount of praise and mention this anime gets, it does peak some amount of interest in me...so yea.)
Old 2006-08-23, 12:12   Link #26
NeoSam

No idea why they aren't listed there >.<
but the torrents for the rest of the episodes can be found here:
http://cerealandmilk.net/torrents/
Old 2006-08-23, 20:01   Link #27
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
So happy to hear it i loved the first season im a sucker for romances i was just disappointed the way it ended
Old 2006-08-25, 08:28   Link #28
^Aya^
Makkuro kurosuke

Send a message via ICQ to ^Aya^ Send a message via MSN to ^Aya^
OMGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!
Just back from holidays! What a news!!!! I'm so happy!!
Old 2006-09-08, 13:40   Link #29
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

This is certainly excellent news. The amount of historical depth and beauty in the first season was absolutely magnificent - can't wait for the second season.
Old 2006-09-27, 12:48   Link #30
NeoSam

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
Victorian Emma PVC
Max Factory has unveiled a gorgeous painted 1/7 scale PVC statuette depiction of Victorian Emma set for release in 2007.
I want this, I wants this, I want this >.<
Old 2006-12-29, 07:32   Link #31
NeoSam

Its starting in Spring 2007
Old 2006-12-29, 09:41   Link #32
wao
OK.

What?! Oh yes!!...... and oh no, how am I going to study without wanting to watch it?! And there's Seirei no Moribito which I must so totally watch too.... I guess I'll have to watch these while eating dinner and doing other things

But that's great news anyway. I can't wait to see this, like I really really really really can't wait. I wonder if they'll change the ending or what.
Old 2007-01-01, 00:22   Link #33
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
This is awesome to hear

I can not wait to see it... I loved the first season so much <3
Old 2007-01-03, 21:04   Link #34
Mangaka-chan

I wonder how far the second season will go. I mean, it has five volumes worth of material to cover and a lot of stuff happened between Emma leaving London and the ending. Heck, do we (or anyone) even know how many episodes Emma 2 will be?
Old 2007-01-13, 11:34   Link #35
wao
OK.

It appears that the official page has been updated.

http://www.emma-victorian.com/

I SEE WHATSHISNAME! That guy! Crap, I forgot his name... I read some of the manga past the ending of the first season. Ho boy.

In other news - the production studio changed?! It's not Studio Pierrot anymore, but Asia-do? This could be very good news... (They're a great studio if they wanted to be) Either way, I like Asia-do more than Pierrot.

And the important thing is that they're keeping the same main staff - including the layout/image directors from the previous season, Pierrot mainstays Hiroto Tanaka and Jun'ichi Takaoka; as well as the character designers Keiko Shimizu and Yuko Kusumoto.
Heck, even the digital photography is going to Pierrot anyway. As long as it's like season 1 - where everything was composed very well, I'm happy. The colour design? Same! And thank $deity the soudn director is the same, I was extremely impressed by the great sound mixing and acting in the first season.

Great thing that Kunihiko Ryo's doing the music too - that's what drew me to the first season in the first place.

(P.S. the other links on that page are only for the 1st season)
Old 2007-01-13, 15:23   Link #36
ImClueless
Rawr

OMG that pic with Hans is kinda suggestive. Hope they don't deviate from the plot of the manga all that much. They covered the first two volumes (14 chapters) in 12 episodes and there are 52 chapters in total. If they try to cover the remaining 38 chapters in 24-26 episodes that means we will probably lose alot of the background chapters as well as those "slice of life" chapters where nothing really happens. Ah well we will have to wait and see.
Old 2007-03-22, 13:52   Link #37
ImClueless
Rawr

RAWR just saw the trailer for second season. Has anyone else seen it? It appears the art has changed a bit bringing it more in line with the later chapters of the manga ie. the faces are shorter. Although to be picky the eyes on all the shots I saw seemed "off". However, that just may be my perception.

Plenty of people put this in that Anticipated series thread so maybe we should discuss it more. Also, does anyone know how many eps this will be?
Old 2007-03-22, 14:54   Link #38
wao
OK.

The eyes didn't seem that off to me except in William's shots. Other than that it looked solid enough, although the animation wasn't impressive in any way. I don't know if it's my gut feeling or just me guessing too much when I think Asia-do's forte might be in less complicated designs.
At any rate, this isn't going to be produced by the same studio that did the first season, and the animation directors + chief animation director are going to be different, therefore I think expecting the faces to look different would be in order.

Nice to hear that new arrangement of the theme song, though. It's such a memorable tune, I remember being taken away by it when I watched the trailer for the first season... Ooh, April can't come fast enough! (I'll regret saying that when all the work comes in)
And I think they'll cover it right till the end since they said somethign along the lines of "towards the impactful ending" in the trailer. I've purposely withheld reading the last few chapters of Emma so I can enjoy the anime more
Old 2007-03-22, 20:46   Link #39
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I thought the first season had really nice, smooth movement. It'll be a shame if that's gone this time around.
Old 2007-03-26, 21:23   Link #40
isolatedincidence

Send a message via AIM to isolatedincidence
I am greatly looking forward to this. I have already finished the manga, so I cannot wait for the second season to start
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, romance, seinen