AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-28, 02:23   Link #15101
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The theme is about Ichika went into all sort of worlds in his dream, one world per dream. The had similarities yet can be different... even in genres (from Reader's POV). Ichika can end up in a very normal, sweet dream about relationship with a girl.... or very dark war story.

There's subtext lingering that it was caused by the fact that Ichika shared some of his memories with his Alternate Universe version, this may or may not true.
Old 2011-12-28, 02:24   Link #15102
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

Over exposure can desensitize you to these kinds of things. Although, it could just be a side effect to the point, "Too much of a good thing can be bad for your health."

... Yeah, if you need help, shoot your questions.

Speaking of embarrassment, all I can think of is the time my sister found my stash of manga, which I keep in my safe under my bed for good reason, and found her flipping through my prized copies of Omamori Himari...

Or the time I caught ACG prancing around her room acting like a maid.

~~~

Side note of said omake:

Potential titles: "Dreaming Out Loud", "Memories of You", "Stranger than Reality", etc.
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 02:34   Link #15103
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

First Chapter: A happy, complete family. (need a title)

(Yeah, I had to go with TearJerker, but whatever...)

This is how Orimura-papa looks.
Spoiler for Lol:

For all intent and purposes, it's a really light fluff, there's some teasing about Madoka and Chifuyu but overall no romance. In the end though Ichika still have to go back to sad reality.

Throw any suggestion you think good, or even what you like.
Old 2011-12-28, 02:37   Link #15104
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Memories of Myself

What do you need? AU's? The title? Summary?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 02:41   Link #15105
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Summary please, just like with Eras. I have the overall plot in my head, it just that they're messed up, so I might need template, inserting my ideas into it.

Sorry to be a bother, guys
Old 2011-12-28, 02:56   Link #15106
demino_hellsin
That one guy

got a theme in mind?(or subject? Something so I know what I'm dealing with?)
Old 2011-12-28, 03:10   Link #15107
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The theme is Ichika is an aspiring Kendo athlete, and wanted to become National Kendo Champion.

His family is admittedly not ordinary, with his father being scientist and his mother being an engineer (yes, flipped out), both often spend times away from family. But they're still paid a lot of attention to their kids.

His older sister is a Teacher on his school, and Madoka... well, being Madoka, a model student, also his classmate, along with Houki, who's also his training partner and girlfriend (?!).

In short, it's a lighthearted shonen/romance/family fluff. Added the Romance for the sake for extra sweetness.
Old 2011-12-28, 03:18   Link #15108
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So... perfect?
Old 2011-12-28, 03:18   Link #15109
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Super perfect, all the more saddening in the end.
Old 2011-12-28, 03:38   Link #15110
demino_hellsin
That one guy

this scenario you need is for the dream right?
Old 2011-12-28, 03:43   Link #15111
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, yes. although the reader might only find about it in the end.... on a side note, I retract my statement about multiverse works....

I'm not very confident with my current state and might not able to do much, but I believe I had enough strength to write a single chapter or separate it to several smaller chapters (around 10-15.000 words in total).

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-12-28 at 03:55.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 04:17   Link #15112
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So all the Orimuras have to make an appearance?

EDIT: Oh yeah, who's having the dream? canon Ichika, or one of the fanon Ichika's?
Old 2011-12-28, 04:35   Link #15113
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Playing as a giant gun wielder of the Republic has completely drained any inspiration I had. The current route I'm on to get all the companion's flags bled the energy too. XD

Vandam is being delayed...
Old 2011-12-28, 04:36   Link #15114
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Fanon Ichika, all of the Orimura will make an appearance (including fanon version of Mom & dad, as well as fanon brother who is actually Chifuyu's half brother and source of Ichika's male genes).

I though I'll use this as breather omake' much later (as in, several months ahead >_<) since by the time this fic posted, Sacred Twins already entering wham territory with most of the darker side of backstory is revealed.

I beg forgiveness, I just don't want the idea to go on a waste.
Old 2011-12-28, 04:37   Link #15115
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Gimme the character template on fanon Ichika...
Old 2011-12-28, 04:42   Link #15116
DarkJak2050

Fanific spotted.

Nightmare
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 04:43   Link #15117
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ He actually didn't do a bad job there.
Old 2011-12-28, 04:52   Link #15118
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

[---------------]

July 1

The apartment door had just shut, leaving Kokuto standing alone.

But I just got here! Haruko dropped the paperwork that [Ren] earlier shoved into her arms. The first few minutes of her meeting with [Ren] were only now weighing on her shoulders. What do you think I am, a word processor?

Counting to ten, the analyst tried to stay focused. It was her first major assignment and not something she wanted to fail at the first day. She had gotten to eight, and breathed a long groan as she bent down to put the spilled paperwork back together.

As Haruko collated the papers, she had to admit [Ren] was correct. It was an analyst’s job to transform data into information. Data was a collection of facts, interesting but of no use to anyone. Information was data sorted together and presented in a way that one would find helpful. The material strewn across the floor was not even data; it was unsorted bits and pieces that were of use to no one.

Haruko’s job was to make sense of it all, make something useful of it.

The initial material she browsed through was all about the Silverio Gospel incident. Kokuto looked through the descriptions and sorted the work together. It was not technical material, rather reports on the event itself from the beginning of the rogue IS’ rampage. As she went through the documents, she found an increasing amount of them were less focused on the Gospel and more on Orimura Ichika’s role. This did not raise any additional suspicion from Haruko, as their primary mission was to monitor and protect Orimura from unforseen threats.

But as she went through more, a trend began to form in her mind.

That’s a lot of photographs. Kokuto frowned. There were more photos athan was necessary for daily surveillance. Some of the material was a day-to-day breakdown of Orimura’s personal life: school, subjects, lunch breaks. Others were notes on who he was meeting, conversations they had. Little pencilled notes on schedules, and somewhat opinionated remarks about the people within Orimura’s circle of friends. Did she really need to make an official comment about Cecilia Alcott’s swelled head?

Slowly, the disturbing link began to tie the threads of data together.

Is she stalking him?

Haruko dropped to sit on her knees. She had no logical proof, outside of the voluminous data collected. A lot of the info was already previously sorted and analysed by the head office, dating back to when Orimura first enrolled at IS Academy.

Infatuation? It was beyond just study, though not quite obsession. Desire?

Haruko then found a folder, recoiling as she almost cut herself opening it. There was a bookmark there, a slim file-edged blade. Cautiously she picked it up, taking care not to remove the tool that had been placed with precise care.

Inside was even more documentation on Orimura Ichika, his early years preceeding the invention of the IS system. There were some text notes on the document, and for some reason Haruko decided none of those were written by [Ren]. All of them were references to Orimura’s history, as well as additional question marks as to why a record of birth or parentage could not be found.

The amount of information in this one room was staggering, all about the life and times of one young teenager. And as it was, still incomplete.

Setting this aside, Kokuto could only tremble with the chill of unease.

What have I gotten myself into?

[---------------]

August 2

“Although her methods are direct, [Ren] has always been an efficient and reliable field agent.” Kokuto stated, hoping this was for the record. “I don’t see anything that could hinder her performance.”

"There was an order made for restricted items just days before." The balding man suddenly took out a digital pad and started tapping it, calling up some unknown notes. “On the 28th of July, five morphine styrettes. You did not make this order or use these items personally, correct?”

No, I thought they would make nifty Christmas presents! Haruko had been asked this before and parroted her response at the time. “No sir. I didn't make an order for five morphine styrettes."

“And these were used to pacify some of the Dunois security men.” The woman panellist stated.

“Yes sir.” Haruko replied, with a flatly disinterested tone of voice.

“Japan doesn’t make morphine styrettes, the United States does.” The bald man interjected once more, with a condescending tone. “Ordering import restricted items is an additional cost to the agency. These aren’t for frivolous use.”

“Given the report, they were used correctly in this regard.” Again the oldest man took control. Haruko was still unsure who the real head of the trio was, but already she was tiring of the good cop-bad cop routine. It was patronizing in the extreme, to be treated by her agency in this way. “If we had issued her thirty styrettes, there may not have been any violence whatsoever.”

“The expense of each styrette does not justify the result.” The bald man folded his arms. “I am thankful that only five were used. The Johohonbu has budgetary constraints to consider.”

You don’t know how happy I am for you. Haruko again kept the sarcastic remark to herself, as well as the fantasy of murdering accountants by the trainload.

“I have a concern.” The woman put forward. “Has the field agent tried to directly contact Orimura Ichika?”

“No sir.” Haruko left it at that. The less rope I give them to hang me by, the better.

There was absolutely no other reaction from those present, and the balding man seemed completely oblivious to all around.

“Has the agent revealed her identity or affiliation to anyone outside of the Johohonbu?” The bald shook his head, clear distrust in his voice.

When Haruko failed to respond, he furthered his question. "So she has revealed herself."

“Only to some members of Dunois Security.” Haruko replied. ”It was unavoidable. I mentioned that in my report.”

“Agent Kokuto.” The oldest man cut in before the bald man could begin his next rant. “Is there any hint that the field agent may be taking her assignments too personally?”

“No sir.”

The trio were silent. The balding man stopped his digital pad scribbling and looked up. Despite being hidden in shadow, his eyes locked accusingly onto Kokuto’s.

“Care to clarify that, Agent Kokuto?”

“No sir.” Haruko firmly repeated.

[---------------]

July 2

I wish you’d tell me what you’re doing before you do it! Haruko mumbled hopelessly under her breath, trying to catch up to her partner. The girl went off like a bullet before Kokuto could stop her, chasing down an individual that had caught her attention.

Haruko managed to keep a good pace, but already lost sight of her partner. [Ren] moved too fast to keep up with, and all the analyst could do was doggedly retrace the steps she’d seen the girl take. She finally caught up to her partner at an all-too-convenient back alley.

An unconscious man lay on the ground before her, the makings of a nasty bruise growing on his forehead.

“Never saw me coming.” [Ren] smirked, standing over the prone form.

This is just too much for me to keep up with! Haruko stopped short of wailing aloud. “Will you please explain why you ran off and why a body is lying in front of you?”

[Ren]’s only response was to roll the man over with her foot. The man did not seem to mind as she lifted the revolver out of his belt barrel first.

“He has a gun.” Kokuto was trying to process all of this at once.”Why does he have a gun?”

[Ren] gave one of her wicked smiles, bending down to pick a miniscule object off the man’s neck. It did not come off easily, but an aghast Haruko could see the makings of a tiny tracing chip.

“YOU put this on him?”

“Him and twelve others. A lot of troublemakers try to get into IS Academy.” [Ren] remorselessly replied, tossing the chip into Haruko’s open palms. “I plant these on the repeat offenders. My mobile phone keeps track of them.”

Haruko looked at the man again. “That still doesn’t explain why you bolted. How did you know he had a gun? How are you sure he was planning something?”

[Ren] seemed to ignore the question for a moment, then said: “You don’t need to know.”

Kokuto shook her head with equal amounts disapproval and disbelief. The Johohonbu was never known for playing nice, but [Ren] was on a whole different level. “You can’t expect me to trust or help you if you keep this up.”

“Shut up.”

Why must I partner with such a difficult person?!

[---------------]

August 2

“Do you normally have difficulties working with the field agent?” The woman curtly asked.

No sir, we have NO problems at all. Kokuto almost laughed, as there was no way she could fib about this. “[Ren] is difficult to deal with at times. It’s worked out so far.”

The woman was not moved. “And what if it doesn’t work out?”

Haruko did not speak, but smiled in silence.

It always works out.

[---------------]
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 04:55   Link #15119
HasuMasu
*Artist

I thought he'd never come back.
Old 2011-12-28, 05:48   Link #15120
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

All the discussion about Premarital Sex nearly made me write out a lemon scene... but then it moved into discussions about families, so I'm all good. :P

And for some reason, my mind's telling me to make another OC by the name of Yu Kosaka, just for that one particular joke...

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest