AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-03, 21:07   Link #2041
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler for BEST SCENE OF THE EPISODE:

My wife just smacked me in head for grinning too much while listening to the chorus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

Now, is Maho going to do Panzerlied? Female version? Rie Tanaka is a capable singer, but she doing the Panzerlied would be...

- Tak

If that happens, I am calling this series Kami level in terms of insert songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post

Panzerlied is an inferior song though. And yes, I just watched that scene from "The Battle of the Bulge". Besides, the problem with Black Forest is that they don't have very much fun. If Miho was at Pravda a year ago, she'd have never left.

The amusing part is that the best music pieces aren't even original compositions.
I care not whether it is original. The music is cute, glorious, and nicely done, and if so, I don't care even if they use L'homme armé
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27homme_arm%C3%A9

As for the Panzerlied, I know that the song has many problems, but with the tanks Black Forest have, it is the most historically fitting song, in my opinion. It can also be made into glorious choral piece

Last edited by wontaek; 2012-12-03 at 21:19.
wontaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 21:21   Link #2042
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
British Grenadiers, Battle Hymn of the Republic and The Caissons Go Rolling Along?

Also, youtube version of that adorably awesome scene:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I want the full version now!
Really nice. It's the first time I've heard the song.
I hope a full version will be included in the OST!
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 21:46   Link #2043
Gravitas Free Zone

This'll warm you up a bit from your cold Russian winter. (NSFW, bikinis.) Source here.

Quote:
I wonder why CR is so slow on this show? It's supposed to be a simulcast right?
Probably has to do with licensing, maybe in some complicated thing I don't understand between the Japan-broadcast stations and Sentai. CR seems to be a couple of days behind on several of their streams this season.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 21:47   Link #2044
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
yes I also hope
Old 2012-12-03, 21:48   Link #2045
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
ah agreement so they used the first version that is to say the folk song so cool
The Soviet Union's original anthem was L'Internationale. Katyusha is just a popular song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Unlike Katyusha, Auf Ansbach Dragoner is not really suited for girls
There really isn't a more suitable song than Katyusha for this show. You can even draw historical parallels with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
I care not whether it is original. The music is cute, glorious, and nicely done, and if so, I don't care even if they use L'homme armé
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27homme_arm%C3%A9

I think that the songs being arrangements is what gives them so much power. If the composer had made some new music to replace "the British Grenadiers", for example, it wouldn't have been nearly as noteworthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
As for the Panzerlied, I know that the song has many problems, but with the tanks Black Forest have, it is the most historically fitting song, in my opinion. It can also be made into glorious choral piece
I think that it's a bit much to expect Tanaka Rie and Nabatame Hitomi to sing in German . If it weren't for Uesaka Sumire, Katyusha probably would have been left as an orchestral piece like all of the other arrangements so far.

Quote:
Please show some mercy for Cure Peace! It's obvious that she's not very comfortable singing in Russian. I wonder how they convinced her to do it?
Old 2012-12-03, 22:06   Link #2046
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Just a note - it's possible to sing in a foreign language with lots of practice, particularly if ypu sing phonetically and hear how it's supposed to sound and follow that. That's the method I use to sing in Japanese, despitr being unable to speak the language.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 22:10   Link #2047
Zaku_II
1st Scouting Group

LOL at the Stug with "Winterketten" to improve the snow handling.

And they even paint the Stug white.

Zaku_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 22:11   Link #2048
Candyshark

Strangely I think Russian may not be as hard for japs as it French or German language would. Girls pulled it off pretty good considering she had some tough lines. This is my least favourite front songs.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 22:17   Link #2049
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Just a note - it's possible to sing in a foreign language with lots of practice, particularly if ypu sing phonetically and hear how it's supposed to sound and follow that. That's the method I use to sing in Japanese, despitr being unable to speak the language.
Quote:
Strangely I think Russian may not be as hard for japs as it French or German language would. Girls pulled it off pretty good considering she had some tough lines. This is my least favourite front songs.
Yes they have heard and has train and sing anyway as someone else said I hope that if there is an OST, I also hope that the song sung by the seiyu be in two in full version would be perfect
Old 2012-12-03, 22:21   Link #2050
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've been waiting for weeks to post this photo of Uesaka Sumire, showing her affection for tanks:

Sumipe plays the dark-haired Pravda girl, Nonna. A perfect role, as others have said, because she is in university, majoring in Russian. She has a couple of regular radio shows, and plays Dekomori in Chuunibyou. And she obviously loves Lolita fashion.

If you want to see more pics of her, look here or here. Here's a pic from that second page of Sumipe with Misawa Sachiko (Kuroyukihime in Accel World).

Images
Sumipe with Misawa Sachiko
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 22:28   Link #2051
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
And Japanese singer need more a lot of practice, since Russian accent has a lot of "R" while most of Japanese has trouble with "R" and "L".
Old 2012-12-03, 22:29   Link #2052
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Uesaka is one hell of an ascended fangirl...
Old 2012-12-03, 22:34   Link #2053
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Please show some mercy for Cure Peace! It's obvious that she's not very comfortable singing in Russian. I wonder how they convinced her to do it?
She's smiling while singing it.
And Cure Peace always wanted to be a hero. Well, she can be a hero for the Soviet Union in this one.

I do wonder if the Soviet Union exists in Girls und Panzer, or it's formally dissolved already.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 22:41   Link #2054
Midonin
Last Engage

All of this isn't syncing up with my interpretation of Yayoi. There's no transforming involved, no flashy special attacks, and the mecha are hardly the size of a building. Her brand of heroism has a lot less metal and a lot more magical gemstones.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 22:50   Link #2055
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Uh... Russian has consonant clusters and rolled Rs that make even speakers of European languages (myself included) cringe. Look at how Japanese people pronounce basic English words, then imagine them trying to say things like "vsponyat", or "vzglad".
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 22:55   Link #2056
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Look at how Japanese people pronounce basic English words, then imagine them trying to say things like "vsponyat", or "vzglad".
Anyone who's watched Last Exile: Silver Wing know how that worked out, ahaha. Yeah, this series is lucky that they had a native VA who is actually familiar and skilled with the Russian language on payroll, or else this wouldn't have worked out nearly as well.

Hmm, riddle me this. People tell me that it would be relatively easy to take out the T34/76s due to the big and tasty front hatch that they have, but in practice how possible would it be for the Ooarai girls, with the AFVs that they have, to accurately target these? My experience in World of Tanks (I use a Panzer IV with a L48 gun) is that when I target the front glacis of a T-34 my shots BOUNCE OFF.
Old 2012-12-03, 22:59   Link #2057
4Tran

Quote:
That's how the Japanese actress in the film "Wasabi" spoke French without knowing the language. However, this technique require quite a bit of effort, and it's hard to expect that kind of for just a verse or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
And Japanese singer need more a lot of practice, since Russian accent has a lot of "R" while most of Japanese has trouble with "R" and "L".
Does everyone remember how off some of the renditions of "Fly Me to the Moon" sounded in Evangelion? Well, the difference is that Japanese people take years of English to sound like that, but they don't take any Russian at all.

Quote:
And Cure Peace always wanted to be a hero. Well, she can be a hero for the Soviet Union in this one.

I do wonder if the Soviet Union exists in Girls und Panzer, or it's formally dissolved already.
That's Katyusha smiling while she sings though, and not Cure Peace! All I can think of is Reba West being roped into singing as Minmei.

Saunders showed off the American flag, and Pravda didn't do the same thing with the Soviet one, so we can assume that the Soviet Union doesn't exist any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I've been waiting for weeks to post this photo of Uesaka Sumire, showing her affection for tanks:

That's probably as close as we're going to get to seeing a BT tank in the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Uh... Russian has consonant clusters and rolled Rs that make even speakers of European languages (myself included) cringe. Look at how Japanese people pronounce basic English words, then imagine them trying to say things like "vsponyat", or "vzglad".
For anyone who's curious, here's the text of the two verses sung in the show, with the Cyrillic on top and the Latinized version on the bottom:
Code:
Катюша / Katyusha

Расцветали яблони и груши,

Rastsvetali iabloni i grushi,

Поплыли туманы над рекой.

Poplyli tumany nad rekoj.

Выходила на берег Катюша,

Vykhodila na bereg Katyusha,

На высокий берег на крутой.

Na vysokij bereg na krutoj.

------------------------------------

Apple and pear trees were a-blooming,
Mist (was) creeping on the river.
Katyusha set out on the banks,
On the steep and lofty bank.

Выходила, песню заводила

Vykhodila, pesniu zavodila

Про степного, сизого орла,

Pro stepnogo, sizogo orla,

Про того, которого любила,

Pro togo, kotorogo liubila,

Про того, чьи письма берегла.

Pro togo, chi pisma beregla. 

She was walking, singing a song.
About a grey steppe eagle,
About her true love,
Whose letters she was keeping.
You can judge for yourself how close the voice actresses sound.
Old 2012-12-03, 23:09   Link #2058
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Already posted way back.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 23:11   Link #2059
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:

She won't be anyones hero with being as pompous as she was.

Well I know one thing, I'll remember Hisako as Cure Peace, not Hisako as Katyusha.
Old 2012-12-03, 23:18   Link #2060
chupiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Anyone who's watched Last Exile: Silver Wing know how that worked out, ahaha. Yeah, this series is lucky that they had a native VA who is actually familiar and skilled with the Russian language on payroll, or else this wouldn't have worked out nearly as well.
More likely the scene was made for Sumipe. If she didn't exist, Katyusha would've probably been an instrumental version. I do say I'm impressed with Hiichan singing in Russian too. I'm sure she had some coaching from Sumipe.

I laughed at the thought of Katyusha riding in a Katyusha, then singing Katyusha.

Oh, and first post. Nice to meet(?) you all.
chupiler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks