AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-12-14, 22:27   Link #2041
Tenoia
Leaps and Bounds Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
That's how the normal anime-only viewers' response should be I think since I might be giving that kind of "WTF why is Kayaba just suddenly appear in ALO !? O.O" if I'm a first-timer. Then again, since the purpose of the haxing help from Kayaba is to pwn back Sugou I won't mind that much too though.
The issue is, hax0r mode results in a very anti-climatic ending to this arc, no matter how much dislike we have for Sugou. I prefer my final bosses, for lack of a better term, to be more like...well, final bosses. But that's just my preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prologue View Post
What happens to Asuna in the light novels during this particular scene?
Just to clarify, you mean the one in which Kirito reaches Asuna and then faces against Sugou? She was chained up by Sugou and was held up in the air after both her and Kirito were subjected to that lockdown effect. Then Sugou started feeling her up and talking about how he was going to take her purity in both the ALO world and in the real world. Then after the beatdown, Kirito frees her. Asuna didn't really do that much during this scene.
Tenoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 01:40   Link #2042
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenoia View Post
The issue is, hax0r mode results in a very anti-climatic ending to this arc, no matter how much dislike we have for Sugou. I prefer my final bosses, for lack of a better term, to be more like...well, final bosses. But that's just my preference.

Just to clarify, you mean the one in which Kirito reaches Asuna and then faces against Sugou? She was chained up by Sugou and was held up in the air after both her and Kirito were subjected to that lockdown effect. Then Sugou started feeling her up and talking about how he was going to take her purity in both the ALO world and in the real world. Then after the beatdown, Kirito frees her. Asuna didn't really do that much during this scene.
Can't deny that it's a climax-breaker, but can't help it either. Firstly, Sugou doesn't even know how to fight other than attacking like a street thug as seen in their second fight in real world near the hospital. To add that, an admin with a low-level of fighting skill will most likely resort to tricks like Sugou did(system assist). So in regards to these things, Kirito got a haxing help from Kayaba is quite fair. He obviously can't be like Son Goku who just went SS4 without any help. Normal online game players are inevitably powerless infront of an admin after all.
Old 2012-12-15, 01:54   Link #2043
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

The real problem (As with any Deus Ex Machina) is the lack of foreshadowing that proceeds it.

Had Kirito occasionally felt a strange presence, or felt that he was being watched, or maybe even just monologued a bit on whether or not Kayaba was alive or dead, or if he knew about ALO what would he think etc.

Something like that and it would leave a better taste in the mouth. (I can't remember, does ALO include the bit where he talks with Kayaba's assistant where she explains how he did the whole brainscan thing, or is that in a different novel?
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 02:52   Link #2044
AP24

Since ep25's title is "The World Seed", we can assume that the scene Kayaba appearing will be animated quite properly especially the parts related to the world seed.

Ep24 will probably end at Sugou appearing in the hospital's carpark about to attack Kirito. Or it will end at Asuna's hospital room where Kirito and Asuna finally reunite in the real world. If the latter happens this is how I would imagine it: During Kirito and Asuna's hugs and kisses an OP theme (probably Crossing Field) starts playing and then scenes of their time in SAO are shown until the episode ends. This way it will be a very emotional scene that will end the episode very well.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 03:00   Link #2045
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroboro View Post
The real problem (As with any Deus Ex Machina) is the lack of foreshadowing that proceeds it.

Had Kirito occasionally felt a strange presence, or felt that he was being watched, or maybe even just monologued a bit on whether or not Kayaba was alive or dead, or if he knew about ALO what would he think etc.

Something like that and it would leave a better taste in the mouth. (I can't remember, does ALO include the bit where he talks with Kayaba's assistant where she explains how he did the whole brainscan thing, or is that in a different novel?
In the aftermath of Kirito's fight with Sugou inside of ALO, he have a little talk with the supposedly-dead Kayaba so it's not like he just recieved help without anything explained at all.
Old 2012-12-15, 16:09   Link #2046
Tenoia
Leaps and Bounds Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
Can't deny that it's a climax-breaker, but can't help it either. Firstly, Sugou doesn't even know how to fight other than attacking like a street thug as seen in their second fight in real world near the hospital. To add that, an admin with a low-level of fighting skill will most likely resort to tricks like Sugou did(system assist). So in regards to these things, Kirito got a haxing help from Kayaba is quite fair. He obviously can't be like Son Goku who just went SS4 without any help. Normal online game players are inevitably powerless infront of an admin after all.
Yeah, having a help from Kayaba, or any outside source for that matter, was probably the only way Kirito would have gotten out of that situation successfully. Maybe my problem isn't with the fact that Kayaba showed up out of nowhere, but rather with how the entire situation came to be about. It's like Kawahara purposefully wrote and established a situation for Asuna, Sugou and Kirito so that Kirito was forced to realize his powerlessness and forced to rely upon some type of outside help to overcome Sugou because Sugou is OP in his world. It just irritates me.

Spoiler for Episode 24:
Tenoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 17:00   Link #2047
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenoia View Post
Yeah, having a help from Kayaba, or any outside source for that matter, was probably the only way Kirito would have gotten out of that situation successfully. Maybe my problem isn't with the fact that Kayaba showed up out of nowhere, but rather with how the entire situation came to be about. It's like Kawahara purposefully wrote and established a situation for Asuna, Sugou and Kirito so that Kirito was forced to realize his powerlessness and forced to rely upon some type of outside help to overcome Sugou because Sugou is OP in his world. It just irritates me.

Spoiler for Episode 24:
I think Kawahara did quite a nice job in setting it to make Kirito look powerless with Sugou's haxness. At least this is one of the few possibilities available to show Kirito's powerlessness. And as for the final episode, I don't think that it will show the school of former-SAO players(probably would only be just a glimpse of it).
Old 2012-12-15, 17:04   Link #2048
Divini
Senpai!

Really wanted 24 to end with Kirito and Asuna meeting in the real world, or at least at cliffhanger with Sugou meeting Kirito outside the hospital.

It just feels odd to me to use that as the first half of the final episode.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 17:05   Link #2049
Ryousha
«Hecate»

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Really wanted 24 to end with Kirito and Asuna meeting in the real world, or at least at cliffhanger with Sugou meeting Kirito outside the hospital.

^ It really feels out of place if they do that, but they could've just took an easier approach and take out the ending credits and show Kirito biking to the hospital like they did in episode 14 where Kirito gets out of the bed and slowly walking to the exit.
Ryousha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 17:14   Link #2050
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryousha View Post
^ It really feels out of place if they do that, but they could've just took an easier approach and take out the ending credits and show Kirito biking to the hospital like they did in episode 14 where Kirito gets out of the bed and slowly walking to the exit.
I think they want to keep the second Kirito-Sugou fight as a surprise for the anime-only viewers so the biking scene would be better just stay in the beginning of final episode. With that it can be like he got suddenly attacked while reminiscing the events that had happened. Besides they have to fill the airtime of the episode with the remaining aftermath of FD arc and there aren't many left so saving as much scene as possible for the final episode is fine I guess.
Old 2012-12-15, 18:10   Link #2051
AP24

It's likely the pace of the final episode will be like this. The first half will cover the rest of chapter 8 that ends with the emotional scene in Asuna's hospital room. After commercial break the second half starts with the scene at the special school which is the beginning of chapter 9. If it's like this then the second half will be rushed.

The PV for the final episode will probably only show scenes from chapter 9 as they want to make the Kirito and Sugou fight in the real world a surprise for anime-only viewers. I hope it's not gonna be like the PV for ep14 which was mostly showing flashback scenes since it is possible that when Kirito and Asuna reunite in the real world flashback scenes of their time in SAO will be shown. The official website didn't show preview pics of ep14 which was the last for the Aincrad arc so it's possible the same goes for the final episode.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 18:38   Link #2052
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Well, I think and hope the Kirito and Suguo's real life battle will only take half of the next's episode. A lot more hugging ad flirting between the two would be the best closure unless..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 21:38   Link #2053
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
It's likely the pace of the final episode will be like this. The first half will cover the rest of chapter 8 that ends with the emotional scene in Asuna's hospital room. After commercial break the second half starts with the scene at the special school which is the beginning of chapter 9. If it's like this then the second half will be rushed.

The PV for the final episode will probably only show scenes from chapter 9 as they want to make the Kirito and Sugou fight in the real world a surprise for anime-only viewers. I hope it's not gonna be like the PV for ep14 which was mostly showing flashback scenes since it is possible that when Kirito and Asuna reunite in the real world flashback scenes of their time in SAO will be shown. The official website didn't show preview pics of ep14 which was the last for the Aincrad arc so it's possible the same goes for the final episode.
Did you also take into account the possibility they may cut the opening (1:30), to fit more content(If only a little) in the episode ?

I'm think a collection of flashback scenes from whole the ALO arc or the whole SAO series up to this point, for the episode 25 PV.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-12-15 at 21:49.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 01:32   Link #2054
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Did you also take into account the possibility they may cut the opening (1:30), to fit more content(If only a little) in the episode ?

I'm think a collection of flashback scenes from whole the ALO arc or the whole SAO series up to this point, for the episode 25 PV.
The flashback might be done when Kirito is on his way to the hospital before got ambushed.
Old 2012-12-16, 16:46   Link #2055
Vsin
Aldracity

I'm sooner predicting the Ep 25 preview to just be another set of flashbacks, like what they did for the end of Aincrad. It would be really awkward to preview the school and then immediately start the Ep with the confrontation.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 19:39   Link #2056
Tri-ring

There is bit more story telling for this arc.

Spoiler for Just in case:
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 21:12   Link #2057
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
I'm sooner predicting the Ep 25 preview to just be another set of flashbacks, like what they did for the end of Aincrad. It would be really awkward to preview the school and then immediately start the Ep with the confrontation.
It'll be either flashback or they use the second half of the 25th episode without showing the second fight on the preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
There is bit more story telling for this arc.

Spoiler for Just in case:
Most of us here already know about the things in that spoiler tag though.
Old 2012-12-16, 22:05   Link #2058
justsomeguy

Chapter 9 by itself contains enough content for one full episode. Time for rushing?

Let me see, to fit in everything from the real world fight to the end, something like this:

Spoiler:

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 22:56   Link #2059
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post

Agreed. They definitely should have ended with that. Would have been a great cliffhanger. They could have skipped the ED to put it in.
Old 2012-12-17, 03:04   Link #2060
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Chapter 9 by itself contains enough content for one full episode. Time for rushing?

Let me see, to fit in everything from the real world fight to the end, something like this:

Spoiler:
Kirito-Sugou's second fight is alot shorter than the one in the ALO so it won't take until half of the episode(unless they plan to make the scene when he meets Asuna a long one).