AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-03-24, 11:27   Link #6861
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Are there any jobs I can do on the internet?
Old 2013-03-24, 11:34   Link #6862
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Are there any jobs I can do on the internet?
plenty i.e:

make a blog and let advert money flow to your bank account

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 19:25   Link #6863
FireChick

This is a really stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyway. I remember seeing this really scary movie when I was young. I don't remember the title, but it was about these kids who find an alien baby in their house, mistaking it for a child they're babysitting. The baby in question looks UNGODLY SCARY AND UGLY and at one point, the boy tries to change his diaper while wearing a gas mask, and there's another scene where the baby eats a bunch of CDs. I remember the ending though, where the aliens and the baby are in a glowing blue room, and one of them says in subtitles, "It's a good thing we got Junior back." Does anyone know the name of this movie?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 00:46   Link #6864
HasuMasu
*Artist

I kinda want to know what that is too, sounds ultra 90's though.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 13:07   Link #6865
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

so i download a japanese software. and i get square text for the title.

anyway to fix it. i know the problem is my computer cannot "read" japan text

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 13:22   Link #6866
monster

Install the Japanese character display support for your operating system.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 13:40   Link #6867
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
so i download a japanese software. and i get square text for the title.

anyway to fix it. i know the problem is my computer cannot "read" japan text
Switch your locale to Japan.
In windows system settings -> time,language,region -> region and language -> Administration (the tab on the very right side) -> change locale -> choose Japan -> OK

(all labels aproxmiated because Im not running english windws )
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 06:36   Link #6868
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Is there a Western equivalent of the Taiyaki?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 07:53   Link #6869
HasuMasu
*Artist

Oh how I wish there was.

Except neither of us are in the West.

But uhh, yeah that would be cool.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 08:17   Link #6870
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I dunno, taiyaki is a traditional bread-like cake. I'd guess any baked cake with fillings (maybe even without that) would technically be an equivalent, wouldn't it?
Old 2013-03-26, 08:20   Link #6871
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Oh how I wish there was.

Except neither of us are in the West.

But uhh, yeah that would be cool.
Philippines got Pancoco and Panmonggo.. Lols.. Oh..its not cake but bread...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 20:55   Link #6872
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Is there a Western equivalent of the Taiyaki?
The Twinkie. Sadly. (there are similar pastries with cream fillings).

I always figure that every culture has a taco, a pizza, a burrito, a soup, etc. Same meta-item, just constructed with local bits.
Old 2013-03-29, 07:29   Link #6873
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

What are some people's take on me drinking Starbucks doubleshot expresso cans over energy drinks like Rockstar or the Starbucks Refreshers? I used to drink Rockstar about 2-3 times a week and realized that it's bad for me so I've been looking for "energy supplement" alternatives. I tried the 5-hr, I think it's disgusting; with that said, in addition to the "energy" boost I get from energy drinks, I like good taste. Anyways, I traded off Rockstars with the Starbucks Refreshers because they aren't as large and don't contain as many "bad" stuff in it, but it is still an energy drink. I've been leaning towards expresso drinks and I kinda like the Starbucks doubleshot expresso drink. Tastes like mocha/coffee yet still gives the energy boost.

I am well aware how bad energy drinks are.

I'm simply asking would it be a "smarter" choice to stick to the doubleshot expresso drinks over energy drinks? And please don't tell me to go drink water instead, which I already do.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”

Last edited by barcode120x; 2013-03-29 at 07:54.
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 08:11   Link #6874
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
What are some people's take on me drinking Starbucks doubleshot expresso cans over energy drinks like Rockstar or the Starbucks Refreshers? I used to drink Rockstar about 2-3 times a week and realized that it's bad for me so I've been looking for "energy supplement" alternatives. I tried the 5-hr, I think it's disgusting; with that said, in addition to the "energy" boost I get from energy drinks, I like good taste. Anyways, I traded off Rockstars with the Starbucks Refreshers because they aren't as large and don't contain as many "bad" stuff in it, but it is still an energy drink. I've been leaning towards expresso drinks and I kinda like the Starbucks doubleshot expresso drink. Tastes like mocha/coffee yet still gives the energy boost.

I'm simply asking would it be a "smarter" choice to stick to the doubleshot expresso drinks over energy drinks? And please don't tell me to go drink water instead, which I already do.
I don't know... for me that is.... just dark coffee is good enough than those expressos... again either... too much of either is still bad...
Old 2013-03-29, 12:02   Link #6875
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:

Are you asking which is healthier? I'm not a dietician but if you're drinking an energy drink 2-3 times per week that doesn't seem excessive or particularly unhealthy. Granted, jolting yourself with caffeine isn't particularly great for you, but if you're going to do it then it seems like you're doing it in moderation. I wouldn't worry about it either way.
Old 2013-03-29, 18:58   Link #6876
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

@ Genji
Yea...but I guess I'm trying to go with the one that is less bad haha. I'm just trying to pick one that is less...damaging? My thought process is that high on caffeine isn't so bad as high on all those non-important vitamins, ginseng (which I read in an article awhile ago that ginseng is actually kinda bad for you), and those loads of sugar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Are you asking which is healthier? I'm not a dietician but if you're drinking an energy drink 2-3 times per week that doesn't seem excessive or particularly unhealthy. Granted, jolting yourself with caffeine isn't particularly great for you, but if you're going to do it then it seems like you're doing it in moderation. I wouldn't worry about it either way.
Pretty much. I learned about how bad energy drinks were when I took a nutrition course and have cut off. Back in my no-life hardcore mmorpg days, I would drink at least one a day...that was awhile back though haha. I HAVE strayed away from Rockstars, but I'm stuck on the Starbucks Refreshers and the doubleshot expressos.

In terms of moderation, I drink no more than one a day and no more than 4 a week as I can remember/know. That's in regards to doubleshot expesso cans, Starbucks Refreshers, and those days that I do pick up a Rockstar. Aside from those, I do study at Starbucks 2-3 times a week and I order an expresso beverage (their Mocha drink I get has 2 shots of expresso).

Of course, if I had more energy in me, I wouldn't be resorting to this but my current lifestyle forces me to find energy supplements, at least for the next 11 weeks until my semester ends.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 06:16   Link #6877
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Of course, if I had more energy in me, I wouldn't be resorting to this but my current lifestyle forces me to find energy supplements, at least for the next 11 weeks until my semester ends.
Caffeine is a bit of a false energy source when used regularly. If you use it sparingly then it certainly "wakes you up," but if you use it regularly then you develop a dependence. At that point you're no longer getting something special from caffeine, you are requiring the caffeine to operate simply at normal levels. Without caffeine you experience withdrawal symptoms.

I don't know how much caffeine you would need to use to develop an addiction. It probably varies person by person. If you think that you have an addiction and want to put an end to it, here's some advice.

* Don't try to quit if you're expected to perform extraordinarily well in the coming weeks. If you have exams coming up, kick the habit afterward.

* When taking your caffeine, try to avoid drinking any after noon. While some research indicates that caffeine screws up sleep rhythms for the next 2-3 days after consumption, keeping caffeine farther away from when you sleep means that your sleep schedule is less likely to be impacted. Caffeine may give you a temporary jolt, but sleep is your true source of feeling energetic throughout the day.

You can operate without caffeine, even though modern culture and everyone else drinking up may have convinced you otherwise. We're rare examples, but my wife made it through medical school and is now well into residency: zero caffeine. No coffee, no soda, no energy drinks, not even tea. I'm now at the halfway point in medical school and it's the same deal (coffee tastes terrible, just makes me pee a lot, and doesn't wake me up). Schedule hard to get 6.5-8 hours of sleep per night. Try drinking water when you wake up: the act of drinking (or eating, if you're hungry that early) has been shown to help stimulate the body into an awake state. It may be a placebo, but it works for us.
Old 2013-03-30, 07:26   Link #6878
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Caffeine is a bit of a false energy source when used regularly. If you use it sparingly then it certainly "wakes you up," but if you use it regularly then you develop a dependence. At that point you're no longer getting something special from caffeine, you are requiring the caffeine to operate simply at normal levels. Without caffeine you experience withdrawal symptoms.
Pretty much defines my current state. Not because I needed energy jolts, but just because I'm a coffee addict .

Quote:
* When taking your caffeine, try to avoid drinking any after noon. While some research indicates that caffeine screws up sleep rhythms for the next 2-3 days after consumption, keeping caffeine farther away from when you sleep means that your sleep schedule is less likely to be impacted. Caffeine may give you a temporary jolt, but sleep is your true source of feeling energetic throughout the day.
I drink at least 3 mugs throughout a day, and I regularly drink coffee before I sleep, like almost everyday. And I still get to sleep at least 6 hours a day, often more. Actually if I don't drink coffee, I'll be asleep for most of the day

So yeah, people should watch out with caffeine. For me, it's my vice, a personal choice like how people choose to smoke.
Old 2013-03-30, 07:38   Link #6879
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I drink at least 3 mugs throughout a day, and I regularly drink coffee before I sleep, like almost everyday. And I still get to sleep at least 6 hours a day, often more. Actually if I don't drink coffee, I'll be asleep for most of the day
Coffee drinking to stay awake vary from person to person.. In my duty hours, I find coffee a way to sleep better... very funny...
Old 2013-03-30, 12:01   Link #6880
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Is there any method that I can use to connect my PSP to my WPA2 connection?

Tags
problem, q&a, serious