AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-27, 14:33   Link #3941
farios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
I'm going to try Shoujo Shin'iki tonight... I have a bad feeling after watching the OP... Blood, bloody knife, yandere eyes, and fox mask... Higurashi?

Just saying but the game is reviewed very badly in erogamescape, and erogamescape usually very accurate at least for me, shame though because the OP and character design is very lovely. Currently playing AsaProject new game and have to agree with blitz1/2 some of the BGM doesn't fit at all especially during the H-Scene, how can a music named "I love you" sounds like it comes from a horror/rape game?
Old 2013-04-27, 15:38   Link #3942
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
Just saying but the game is reviewed very badly in erogamescape, and erogamescape usually very accurate at least for me, shame though because the OP and character design is very lovely. Currently playing AsaProject new game and have to agree with blitz1/2 some of the BGM doesn't fit at all especially during the H-Scene, how can a music named "I love you" sounds like it comes from a horror/rape game?
While i am not that far in the story (slightly further where the trial ended), so far the game doesn't seem that bad.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 16:31   Link #3943
farios

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
While i am not that far in the story (slightly further where the trial ended), so far the game doesn't seem that bad.
Most complaint seems to be towards how they handle the way the resolve the plot, haven't played it so can't say anything
Old 2013-04-27, 17:20   Link #3944
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Maybe, it's "deep love" xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 19:56   Link #3945
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I've only played the trial but that game breaks the fourth wall so many times maybe it's intended that way?
Old 2013-04-27, 20:26   Link #3946
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
All the numbered Rance series titles I've played were typical dungeon crawler RPGs. Nothing to write home about. Though the humor is nice, if you like it.

Sengoku Rance however is an excellent strategy game with incredible replay value. It's by far the best eroge I've played to this day and you should not miss it.
Another thing I really hope for is fighting enemies that are reasonablly "enemies" I decided to try Man and Work and Castle Fantasia, my enemies are cute little chicklets and pretty schoolgirls with wings, and nobody even get killed.

Blah. I just don't understand why u put a game to be erodge, then completely spoil the atmosphere by putting cute little animals that would be too childish for pokemon as foes.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 00:27   Link #3947
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Another thing I really hope for is fighting enemies that are reasonablly "enemies" I decided to try Man and Work and Castle Fantasia, my enemies are cute little chicklets and pretty schoolgirls with wings, and nobody even get killed.

Blah. I just don't understand why u put a game to be erodge, then completely spoil the atmosphere by putting cute little animals that would be too childish for pokemon as foes.
Ahahah! Play Rance then, or Alice's game that have some strategy gameplay. They seem to have no qualms in actually killing off their characters, both in gameplay mechanics and plots.
Old 2013-04-28, 08:19   Link #3948
blitz1/2

After playing Latte's Imouto Banchou, here's hoping maybe they can make a fantasy battle (like the Holy Grail war) with imoutos...heh heh.

Old 2013-04-28, 09:48   Link #3949
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post

It has the element of 'conquering' heroines (who are enemy generals, or commanders) through battle.
So in these battles no one dies (except for a couple thousand foot soldiers, but who cares about those, right?). Rance would never kill a girl anyway.
Men on the other hand...

The general story is pretty dark and you have to make choices. You can not save every character and will lose some no matter what you do.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 10:19   Link #3950
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Currently playing AsaProject new game and have to agree with blitz1/2 some of the BGM doesn't fit at all especially during the H-Scene, how can a music named "I love you" sounds like it comes from a horror/rape game?
I'm not the only one that thought that! XD
And yes, the destroying of the 4th wall is an ASaPro staple. I went and checked Risa's chara page...
Old 2013-04-28, 15:08   Link #3951
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
After playing Latte's Imouto Banchou, here's hoping maybe they can make a fantasy battle (like the Holy Grail war) with imoutos...heh heh.
The idea of 365 imoutos fighting for dominance all across Japan for the right to marry their one older brother is both awesome and absurd at the same time. I'm not familiar with holy grail war, but if they make one of those fighting games out of this eroge that'd be hilariously awesome.

And Mashiro would be nerfed to the ground.

EDIT: I can't believe Micchi is passing up this imouto game. You'd love Eina.
Old 2013-04-28, 15:59   Link #3952
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
It has the element of 'conquering' heroines (who are enemy generals, or commanders) through battle.
So in these battles no one dies (except for a couple thousand foot soldiers, but who cares about those, right?). Rance would never kill a girl anyway.
Men on the other hand...

The general story is pretty dark and you have to make choices. You can not save every character and will lose some no matter what you do.
I don't need a Yandre blood-gore covered girlfriend, just not that cutie fight some erodges have. It is disconcerting to watch hentai one scene then watch a fight that is meant for kids under 10.

Something along the line of Kamidori is good enough.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 06:36   Link #3953
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
The idea of 365 imoutos fighting for dominance all across Japan for the right to marry their one older brother is both awesome and absurd at the same time. I'm not familiar with holy grail war, but if they make one of those fighting games out of this eroge that'd be hilariously awesome.

it's Latte, maybe we can propose an idea to them. xD. But they know their audiences REALLY well.

Old 2013-04-29, 15:43   Link #3954
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Mahou's enjoying his time with LoveyxCation 2. So far I've only completed Seine's route, which was alright. The only thing I'd have changed, would be the character-development (speed), but on the other hand it would surely ruin her last scene before the credits start. I like Hime's voice, which seems to be the same as Kyou's from Hatsukoi 1/1. The general route structure seems to be similar to LxC1 so the first few weeks can feel a bit or somewhat boring OR it just depends on the girl you decide on.

Should someone decide to play the new Axl game, I'd love to have a short impression about it .
Old 2013-04-29, 15:50   Link #3955
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Well I played the trial for that new Axl game and it felt lacking compared to some of their earlier games. Koisuru Otome is still the pinnacle of Axl games for me.
Old 2013-04-29, 17:40   Link #3956
Snuffle
likes cute things

lol, you guys are too hardcore for me, you're all already playing the new end month releases while I'm still working last month ones.

I just started Lovesick Puppies, the music is so superb in this game. I haven't met all the characters yet, but judging only on the character designs, I only plan to go through: Maruna's, Sofiya's, and Yuki's route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Wasn't too fond of her route, although it did bring the taboo-theme across in a more serious fashion than in, let's say, romance-comedy VNs.
So I finished the routes I planned to read through from Koikishi Purely Kiss, here's my thoughts about it.

I know you warned me, but I didn't think it would be THAT bad.... sheesh! I seriously could not read through the 2nd half of Yuu's route, I ended up skimming just to see how things progressed. That was twice, maybe even three times the amount I can tolerate of that kind (multiple) cliche forbidden love type of conversations... Aside from that, Yuu's character is great, a little too daring for my taste, but great non the less.

Mana's romantic development kinda struck me in the face. It was all going nice and smooth, getting to know each other casually, learning to trust the MC more and more. Until the "I love you" scene... Those words, *kiss* *kiss* and straight to the bed.... LOL WHAT!? I can understand that kinda thing happening with Yuu, but with Mana... It's too damn abrupt. She's a great character regardless, lots of comedy in her story, which is good.

Anyway, I blame the scenario writer with how the story progressed, it lacked creativity. Honestly, the only thing that kept me reading the game was Yuu, Mana, the amazing work from the seiyuu's, and the very attractive art style. I found the story (common, Yuu's and Mana's) very bland and boring, I had to take many breaks just to rest my mind from how bored I was. Lucky thing for me, story is 3rd or 4th on my list of important things to keep me interested. Art, characters, and voice work is the top 3 for me.

Oh and one final complaint... Why the heck don't the characters have their own theme songs!? It felt like the whole game was cycling through 4 or 5 songs! Ugh!
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 17:59   Link #3957
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
lol, you guys are too hardcore for me, you're all already playing the new end month releases while I'm still working last month ones.

I just started Lovesick Puppies, the music is so superb in this game. I haven't met all the characters yet, but judging only on the character designs, I only plan to go through: Maruna's, Sofiya's, and Yuki's route.

So I finished the routes I planned to read through from Koikishi Purely Kiss, here's my thoughts about it.

I know you warned me, but I didn't think it would be THAT bad.... sheesh! I seriously could not read through the 2nd half of Yuu's route, I ended up skimming just to see how things progressed. That was twice, maybe even three times the amount I can tolerate of that kind (multiple) cliche forbidden love type of conversations... Aside from that, Yuu's character is great, a little too daring for my taste, but great non the less.

Mana's romantic development kinda struck me in the face. It was all going nice and smooth, getting to know each other casually, learning to trust the MC more and more. Until the "I love you" scene... Those words, *kiss* *kiss* and straight to the bed.... LOL WHAT!? I can understand that kinda thing happening with Yuu, but with Mana... It's too damn abrupt. She's a great character regardless, lots of comedy in her story, which is good.

Anyway, I blame the scenario writer with how the story progressed, it lacked creativity. Honestly, the only thing that kept me reading the game was Yuu, Mana, the amazing work from the seiyuu's, and the very attractive art style. I found the story (common, Yuu's and Mana's) very bland and boring, I had to take many breaks just to rest my mind from how bored I was. Lucky thing for me, story is 3rd or 4th on my list of important things to keep me interested. Art, characters, and voice work is the top 3 for me.

Oh and one final complaint... Why the heck don't the characters have their own theme songs!? It felt like the whole game was cycling through 4 or 5 songs! Ugh!
I think Yukito Saori did Yuu justice though. But if only the plot and the dynamics were a bit better then....

And yea, might try Koiken Otome next (This would have been perfect if there was an imouto, I BLAME U MICCHI!!).

Old 2013-04-29, 18:15   Link #3958
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post

I haven't gotten around to it yet! Yomi was the one that I'm most interested in though.

And blitz, you're welcome :3
Old 2013-04-29, 19:32   Link #3959
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
I haven't gotten around to it yet! Yomi was the one that I'm most interested in though.

And blitz, you're welcome :3
High Five man! Same thing, first route to try.

Old 2013-04-29, 20:15   Link #3960
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
High Five man! Same thing, first route to try.
I was going to do Hinoe first cause I liked her personality in the trial and her character design, but when Eina showed up I was like, First tsundere imouto with a crass mouth that I find absolutely adorable.

I eventually stopped Hinoe's route half-way and finished Mashiro's, now I'm doing Kanako's.

My half-time review of this game is that it's not a story with deep themes or anything like that, but it's very fun, easy to read, and each route is basically a development of the character, and each girl's conflict makes sense in their context.

Music is also surprisingly enjoyable. I think this is a very good game for simple, depth-free entertainment. With lots of imoutos. And bancho-fighting.

EDIT: Just finished Kanako. Nice route! This game is pretty short so it doesn't take much time to finish these routes. It doesn't feel too short though.

Last edited by Newprimus; 2013-04-29 at 22:43.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel