Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-16, 07:03   Link #961
Marina2

http://www.swordart-online.net/story/index07.html

Six preview images have been added.

None of sleep scene ?????.... I thought it would be one of them. :P

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-08-16 at 07:15.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 07:17   Link #962
sky black swordman

^This maybe a sign that it maybe a two Episode's long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
I would expect 10 or less episodes for Fairy Dance.
Was expecting an even split.
Old 2012-08-16, 07:38   Link #963
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post

Was expecting an even split.
Looks like we are getting Asuna's minor revelation

I was expecting an even split before the season started, but after thinking about how much more material there is for SOA, with the SS they included so does it seem unlikely that they will do an even split. But at least it seems like they will have time for Fairy Dance and that will be good as the story kind of needs the Fairy Dance for a real ending.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 07:41   Link #964
Silent Stalker X
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
Looks like we are getting Asuna's minor revelation

I was expecting an even split before the season started, but after thinking about how much more material there is for SOA, with the SS they included so does it seem unlikely that they will do an even split. But at least it seems like they will have time for Fairy Dance and that will be good as the story kind of needs the Fairy Dance for a real ending.
To be exact, Fairy Dance arc doesn't have that much of material to begin with so even split would be quite impossible.
Silent Stalker X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 07:42   Link #965
M1sFyr3
I eat babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
I think they should keep as much of the 'suggestive' scenes as possible, they would make viewers HATE Sugou by so much more, much like how I felt when I read it for the first time. I'd also like them to keep the scene where he cuts off his hand and stabs his eye straight through his head. Not in like full, gory detail of course, a silhouette or a back-shot is fine. Just because he deserves it that much.

Besides, it's a virtual body anyway. It's all bloodless
lol... I don't much like Sugu either, but would rather have a cut up Fairy Dance season over not having one at all
M1sFyr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 08:57   Link #966
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
No offense to Lizbeth, but if Warmth of the Heart gets two episodes when Aria was crunched into one with all the nice KiriAsu setup removed............

RAGE.
Old 2012-08-16, 09:58   Link #967
Silent Stalker X
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
No offense to Lizbeth, but if Warmth of the Heart gets two episodes when Aria was crunched into one with all the nice KiriAsu setup removed............

RAGE.
It's not removed, it's just altered
Silent Stalker X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 10:25   Link #968
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
I doubt it -- the last image is Asuna in the shop, and looking at the previous pages, the preview pics are generally in chronological order (sometimes the right and left images are swapped, but I don't see any examples where a scene from the end is at the beginning or vice versa).
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 10:28   Link #969
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I doubt it -- the last image is Asuna in the shop, and looking at the previous pages, the preview pics are generally in chronological order (sometimes the right and left images are swapped, but I don't see any examples where a scene from the end is at the beginning or vice versa).
Yeah, that face makes it look like she's apologizing for Kirito breaking the sword and otherwise being a jerk, so I feel like it's definitely only 1 episode.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 18:36   Link #970
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Stalker X View Post
To be exact, Fairy Dance arc doesn't have that much of material to begin with so even split would be quite impossible.
My sentiments exactly. Even with all the IRL stuff, and dealing with Sugu drama, Fairy Dance is still a fast-paced action-adventure that takes us straight from A to B. Also, the Land of the Evil Gods side trip can be cut entirely as it only sets up material for a later side story. They can go straight from the conference rescue (if they even include that part, but it's necessary in order for Kirito to gain allies for the final battle) to the world tree town (and Sugu drama) and anime-only viewers won't notice anything amiss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
It's still too early to conclude that. And I cannot imagine it being two episodes long at all, it's too short for that. That'd take some serious padding, and just adding other Lisbeth side stories probably won't work too well - there's not enough connection there.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 18:50   Link #971
Clarste
Human

I think the picture of Asuna after the dragon basically confirms that it's one episode, but they have to be cutting out a lot of cave scene.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 19:16   Link #972
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
My sentiments exactly. Even with all the IRL stuff, and dealing with Sugu drama, Fairy Dance is still a fast-paced action-adventure that takes us straight from A to B. Also, the Land of the Evil Gods side trip can be cut entirely as it only sets up material for a later side story. They can go straight from the conference rescue (if they even include that part, but it's necessary in order for Kirito to gain allies for the final battle) to the world tree town (and Sugu drama) and anime-only viewers won't notice anything amiss.
Land of the Evil Gods is decently important though to the future and if they cut it that's like a full episode worth of material cut from an already quick paced two volumes.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 00:54   Link #973
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Land of the Evil Gods is decently important though to the future and if they cut it that's like a full episode worth of material cut from an already quick paced two volumes.
It could be either cut if they don't plan on making continuation of ALO arc, or it could also be just for a short event.
Old 2012-08-17, 04:30   Link #974
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
It could be either cut if they don't plan on making continuation of ALO arc, or it could also be just for a short event.
How about releasing it as a OVA?
Old 2012-08-17, 04:37   Link #975
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
How about releasing it as a OVA?
There's already an OVA of SAO(Drama CD in this case is on equal to OVA). Putting Evil Gods on ALO arc as OVA would mean that the timeline would jump back.
Old 2012-08-17, 06:41   Link #976
sky black swordman

Quote:
There's already an OVA of SAO(Drama CD in this case is on equal to OVA). Putting Evil Gods on ALO arc as OVA would mean that the timeline would jump back.
Ah thats true.

Also I while back we talk about AI yui right, here something what is Silica's Familiar Pina?
I mean it gave its life to save her once?

Quote:
Familiars weren't programmed to stop an attack as part of its normal behavior. Pina had rushed in front of the attack of its own free will — it could be called the result of its love towards Silica, whom it had spent a year with.
So is it a form of AI or something else?

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-08-17 at 06:59.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 06:45   Link #977
Awrya
U mad?

Vol. 3&4 are fast paced, I doubt they'd be enough material for 12 episodes, maybe 7-9 though. Fairy Dance just doesn't have all the side stories SAO had, I doubt they can afford to cut some major scenes out.

About Liz's story being one episode, Silica and RNR SS were also one and I'm willing to bet Yui SS will be one as well as they are all from Vol. 2.
Don't forget we haven't even started with Volume 1, which I estimate to be 5-6 episodes.
Old 2012-08-17, 07:08   Link #978
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Ah thats true.

Also I while back we talk about AI yui right, here something what is Silica's Familiar Pina?
I mean it gave its life to save her once?

So is it a form of AI or something else?
Yes, it's a form of AI, although not as extensive as Yui.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Vol. 3&4 are fast paced, I doubt they'd be enough material for 12 episodes, maybe 7-9 though. Fairy Dance just doesn't have all the side stories SAO had, I doubt they can afford to cut some major scenes out.

About Liz's story being one episode, Silica and RNR SS were also one and I'm willing to bet Yui SS will be one as well as they are all from Vol. 2.
Don't forget we haven't even started with Volume 1, which I estimate to be 5-6 episodes.
RNR won't be shown since it happened at 2023 while Liz's SS is already at 2024. Also ALO arc and SAO arc won't be getting an evenly split of 12 episodes
Old 2012-08-17, 08:17   Link #979
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
RNR won't be shown since it happened at 2023 while Liz's SS is already at 2024. Also ALO arc and SAO arc won't be getting an evenly split of 12 episodes
I mentioned Silica and RNR SS were one, past tense, not to mention RNR already aired.
I said that I expect Fairy Dance to be 7-9 episodes, implying that I wasn't expecting an even split to begin with.
Old 2012-08-17, 09:10   Link #980
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I mentioned Silica and RNR SS were one, past tense, not to mention RNR already aired.
I said that I expect Fairy Dance to be 7-9 episodes, implying that I wasn't expecting an even split to begin with.
No wonder I thought that I'm the dumb one here since I can't even recall any single event of Silica and RNR being one episode.....It's Sachi and RNR not Silica.