AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-31, 11:24   Link #1321
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Damn, she just saw Accelerator literally turning that sister into mush. Poor girl must have been traumatized by that scene. Accelerator owes Misaka a lot.

And I'll have to agree that the suspense is gone since we pretty much know what will happen from here on out. We'll just have to sit back and enjoy the scenery. I'm looking forward to that heart warming scene in the bridge, and a certain someone's fist flying into a certain someone's face.
I'll be looking forward to her reaction after the fight, where she's thinking of what gift to get while Touma's in the hospital, then walks in to Touma's room only to see his hand on 10032's chest.
Old 2010-08-31, 13:57   Link #1322
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Chapter 34 has now been translated in English.
Old 2010-08-31, 19:50   Link #1323
Pyromania

While there isn't much suspense in what *will* happen, there is a certain amount of enjoyment to be derived from watching Mikoto reach her breaking point and lose her mind.

Notable Mikoto-is-going-insane moments from this arc:

- Suffering a double-trama in rapid succession: finding out that she has been cloned as she feared, and then finding out brutally WHY she was cloned

- Destroying her sleep pattern. Pretty minor, but is generally a good sign of depression/insanity.

- Actually starting to hallucinate when she met 10031. This was pretty disturbing.

- Starting to have conversations with herself that involve actively lashing out at random as a response to her own conversation.

- Suicidal depression

It's just been a great ride to watch an otherwise very heroic determinator type be brought down to this level. And the gradually worsening insane facial expressions are always priceless.
Old 2010-08-31, 23:16   Link #1324
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
While there isn't much suspense in what *will* happen, there is a certain amount of enjoyment to be derived from watching Mikoto reach her breaking point and lose her mind.

Notable Mikoto-is-going-insane moments from this arc:

- Suffering a double-trama in rapid succession: finding out that she has been cloned as she feared, and then finding out brutally WHY she was cloned

- Destroying her sleep pattern. Pretty minor, but is generally a good sign of depression/insanity.

- Actually starting to hallucinate when she met 10031. This was pretty disturbing.

- Starting to have conversations with herself that involve actively lashing out at random as a response to her own conversation.

- Suicidal depression

It's just been a great ride to watch an otherwise very heroic determinator type be brought down to this level. And the gradually worsening insane facial expressions are always priceless.
Likewise, I think it'll be very heartwarming to see how Touma's fight plays out through her point of view, and how she became compelled to ask 10032 not to stop the experiment, but to protect Touma's goal.
Old 2010-09-06, 08:25   Link #1325
Pyromania

Crazy conjecture time: Mikoto uses the opportunity when Accelerator is KO'd to brainwash him into never hurting one of her Sisters again.

Plausible, impossible, laughable?
Old 2010-09-06, 08:56   Link #1326
tsunade666

laughable! the best crazy yet so great and fantastic that I forgot this is railgun thread -_- *o* \;-;/
Old 2010-09-06, 13:12   Link #1327
Pyromania

Hey, I said 'crazy conjecture time'

I'm hoping for SOME kind of twist that we wouldn't have already seen.
Old 2010-09-06, 13:49   Link #1328
tsunade666

well I did say crazy really it made me laugh just thinking about it and don't take it the bad way. It's just too crazy
Old 2010-09-08, 07:44   Link #1329
Bordix

I think the brainwashing part takes too much time, and Touma wasn't really in good condition after his fight with Accelerator. Knowing Misaka, her priority should be to take him to the hospital immediately rather than getting back at Accelerator.

What would be interesting is what she did when Touma was recuperating. My speculation is she herself spread the rumors about the strongest esper losing to a level 0; monitored the status of the sisters and then bought cookies for Touma. As for Shinobu, I doubt we'll know her whereabouts at the end of the arc. I do think she'll appear again as soon as the sisters gets involved though.
Spoiler for novel spoilers:
Old 2010-09-08, 09:07   Link #1330
tsunade666

I doubt about Mikoto having time to spread rumors around. Though Shinobu can. The chances are bigger for me is she's the one who spread that rumor and I wouldn't be surprised if I saw her after the battle.
Old 2010-09-08, 10:34   Link #1331
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I doubt about Mikoto having time to spread rumors around. Though Shinobu can. The chances are bigger for me is she's the one who spread that rumor and I wouldn't be surprised if I saw her after the battle.
The strongest esper just got defeated by a level 0, obviously this one is pretty big and will spread like wildfire, and since this will be coming out from Mikoto's mouth (a level 5 herself and a famous one for that matter) the more faster this will reach to people. And It's impossible for Shinobu to be the one to spread the rumor because she's been captured. Anyway these are just speculations on my part.
Old 2010-09-08, 10:55   Link #1332
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
The strongest esper just got defeated by a level 0, obviously this one is pretty big and will spread like wildfire, and since this will be coming out from Mikoto's mouth (a level 5 herself and a famous one for that matter) the more faster this will reach to people. And It's impossible for Shinobu to be the one to spread the rumor because she's been captured. Anyway these are just speculations on my part.
I don't think Mikoto will expose her identity that easy, IMO Mikoto will use some of the guard system from the city(security cameras or maybe hacking the photographic satellite...How its called? Hikoboshi II right?).
Old 2010-09-08, 11:25   Link #1333
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I don't think Mikoto will expose her identity that easy, IMO Mikoto will use some of the guard system from the city(security cameras or maybe hacking the photographic satellite...How its called? Hikoboshi II right?).
Her Identity has already been long exposed so I don't see why she still needs to hide it. By exposing her Identity it actually helps circulate the information faster.
Old 2010-09-08, 11:29   Link #1334
Ashaman

Quote:
Her Identity has already been long exposed so I don't see why she still needs to hide it. By exposing her Identity it actually helps circulate the information faster.
She wont want people to Know of the experiment at all. Name dropping herself will be bad in this regard.
Old 2010-09-08, 11:59   Link #1335
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
So far few people knows about Mikoto's identity involved with the experiment:
- Shinobu.
- Mugino because of the level of power bending during her fight.
- The one who was talking to team ITEM before their fight with Mikoto(I think is the Director Thomas, founder of ITEM).
- Awaki because she is always around 'that guy'.
- Touma... =_=.
- Accelerator.. =_=.

If Mikoto's identity gets exposed to the public, the Experiment will get exposed as well and so far the rumour is about "A Level 0 has defeated the Strongest Level 5".
Old 2010-09-08, 17:53   Link #1336
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
So far few people knows about Mikoto's identity involved with the experiment:
I was actually referring only to the people involved in the experiment.

Anyway lol, disregard everything what I said about the rumors. What I wrote doesn't make any sense and I don't know why I was making a big deal out of it in the first place since it's pretty minor. It was late when I posted that and my brain doesn't function well at those times.

I guess after this arc we won't be seeing much of Accelerator since this is Mikoto's side story after all, and so far in the novels there hasn't been any mention of her meeting him again. I do hope he gets some cameos though.
Old 2010-09-08, 18:04   Link #1337
Miraluka
Banned

I remember a cameo of Accelerator when Saten went to her home during the events of the Level Upper, there are chances of Saten meeting him(?). I can wonder a friend arguing each other about Accel
Old 2010-09-08, 22:05   Link #1338
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Wait, what?! There was a cameo? In which episode? How come I didn't notice?! ;_; -feels like a failure as an Accel fan-

I actually have imagined Accelerator and Saten meeting. In my mind I pictured it as Accel saving Saten from some thugs one day and then they gradually become (somewhat) friends (well, as friendly as you can get when it comes to Accelerator ). Although that's a little farfetched, but it might make for a good fanfic idea.
Old 2010-09-24, 00:01   Link #1339
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth

There are some spoiler pictures for 35 and it looks like the chapter ends with Touma facing off against Accelerator.

Spoiler for 35:

And here's more.

Spoiler for More:

Last edited by pkmntrainer7; 2010-09-24 at 00:35. Reason: Added more
Old 2010-09-24, 00:11   Link #1340
tsunade666

That black spiky haired guy really knows how to change the meaning of tears of a girl in pain....... reminds me of a certain guy in toaruverse too.

Tags
fantasy, shounen