AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-12, 09:07   Link #2981
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
What do you mean? Love Letter was done by Seo Kouji, both story and art.
actually it was based on a famous novel which was based on a true story, Seo Kuji just did the manga version of it, it wasnt his own story. Just like how he is doing for Love Plus -Rinko
Old 2010-05-12, 09:36   Link #2982
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
actually it was based on a famous novel which was based on a true story, Seo Kuji just did the manga version of it, it wasnt his own story. Just like how he is doing for Love Plus -Rinko
But it was still done by him, both story and art. And what's the source on the novel? I'm interested in reading it.
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 10:40   Link #2983
Dark Mage

Quote:
But it was still done by him, both story and art. And what's the source on the novel? I'm interested in reading it.
Oh I guess you misundersood, I meant it being an original work or a work that he came up on his own you know....like that.
Old 2010-05-12, 10:43   Link #2984
RyanAs

I shall have a look at all of them What is a KNIM though? Sorry I don't know much about this >_<
RyanAs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 10:49   Link #2985
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh I guess you misundersood, I meant it being an original work or a work that he came up on his own you know....like that.
No, I know what you mean, but still...we can argue that Vinland Saga and Historie aren't original work then either.

What's the source on the novel anyway? Do you know the name or whether or not it really is based off a novel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanAs View Post
I shall have a look at all of them What is a KNIM though? Sorry I don't know much about this >_<
Kimi no Iru Machi means 'A Town Where You Live' iirc.
Old 2010-05-12, 10:55   Link #2986
RyanAs

Ah thats the initials >_< I feel silly for asking now lol
RyanAs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 11:36   Link #2987
maxikki

Something must have happened to him In the past that made write those type of manga. I heard people say that true inspiration comes after u go through a painful situation
maxikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 11:43   Link #2988
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Raws are out...

Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-12, 11:57   Link #2989
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Oh how I already see Seo going to the same support group as the author from GE for her "indecent" handling of Shou
Going to be really lonely here in this thread since "most" people will stop reading for they hate what's become of KNIM... or wait, are they really going to stop reading?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 11:58   Link #2990
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-12, 12:02   Link #2991
Dark Mage

@Waven atleast Shou was defendable and I myself defended her along with many others, but Eba is just disgusting
Old 2010-05-12, 12:03   Link #2992
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Raws are out...

Spoiler:
Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ugh:
Old 2010-05-12, 12:05   Link #2993
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
@Waven atleast Shou was defendable and I myself defended her along with many others, but Eba is just disgusting
Ye I realize that I'm virtually the only one left that still roots for the main girl, as I always do in any series, I don't care anymore, not going to defend her anymore, all that's left is to use massive irony now and then
still don't see what's so terrible about the plot development either, I quite like how this opens up to some nice upcoming drama although the possible paths are pretty straightforward.
Hey since like everyone hates this series right now for taking a turn that no one expected (hence the disappointment) does that mean KNIM is groundbreaking and will be taken as an example for future series and you guys just fail to appreciate it ? just thinking
Old 2010-05-12, 12:06   Link #2994
KLGChaos
The Shermain

@Waven: As Dark Mage said, there's a huge difference. Shou made a mistake and felt sorry for it, plus she and Utsumi were never going out in the first place. Eba pulling what she did is about 1000x worse. There's no defending that.
Old 2010-05-12, 12:27   Link #2995
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Ye I realize that I'm virtually the only one left that still roots for the main girl, as I always do in any series, I don't care anymore, not going to defend her anymore, all that's left is to use massive irony now and then
still don't see what's so terrible about the plot development either, I quite like how this opens up to some nice upcoming drama although the possible paths are pretty straightforward.
Hey since like everyone hates this series right now for taking a turn that no one expected (hence the disappointment) does that mean KNIM is groundbreaking and will be taken as an example for future series and you guys just fail to appreciate it ? just thinking
You know, it takes alot to make a guy like me to change preferences, I usually stick with the girl I like in a manga, until the manga finishes, no matter what she does, like in Ichigo100% I stayed true to Nishino, in Suzuka I liked Honoka and stayed her fan (even so, I m not unhappy with the ending as I never really exactly disliked Suzuka as I understood her reasons and understood her as a character, so despite being a Honoka fan I could sympathise with Suzuka), in GE I like Yuki and I intend to stay her fan until GE runs its course, in Umi no Misaki I m a Shizuku fan and plan to stay her fan.

But its only KNIM that forced me, for the first time, to change my preferred girl. I was a very strong Eba fan in the beginning but Nanami slowly gained my respect (and this respect was born even before she started acting cute) and I became her fan(even though I know she is never gonna win) while I not only stopped being Eba's fan, I became someone who is absolutely disgusted by her. My point is, I m a pretty tolerant guy who forgives and is lenient and genrally backs up my preferred girl no matter what she does, but Eba just crossed those limits.
Old 2010-05-12, 12:30   Link #2996
moeman

It is time for me to take a break from this manga a little bit. I will read it again, but only when 10 chapters pile up. I am so infuriated right now that I am sickened. At the moment I hate both main characters. Eba, you are unforgivable in my eyes. Haruto grow a pair and stop chasing Eba. Unforutantely when Haruto does this, Eba will prolly try to invade his life again. If Haruto takes her back, then I will drop this manga.
moeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 12:40   Link #2997
Sinta

Shoot, I am looking and can't find them...I want to see....
Old 2010-05-12, 12:50   Link #2998
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

The hurts, insults and what else that Yuzuki gave to Haruto is OVER 9000!!! And I'm shocked to see that Haruto is up for more!! Yuzuki doesn't even deserve an Half and Half ending if you know what I mean... the roaches are everywhere but I can't believe what's still stuck in Haruto's heart!!!
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 13:05   Link #2999
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Oh how I already see Seo going to the same support group as the author from GE for her "indecent" handling of Shou
Going to be really lonely here in this thread since "most" people will stop reading for they hate what's become of KNIM... or wait, are they really going to stop reading?
Lots of people won't stop reading this, some because they always read manga to the end, some because they don't care about Eba at all, and some because they like such plots. But I'm sure a lots of people will stop reading it, or at least will put this manga into "hiatus". Like me, for example, I'm not reading KNIM since "Tokyo trip", just lurking on forum and checking spoilers. Mostly because I expected a plot twist like this (I was expecting NTR elements in this manga, not the exact plot).

You should compare current development to REC manga and chapter 24 (I think), in which female protagonist suddenly cheated on male protagonist. Lots of people were pissed not because she cheated, but because she was not punished (I think, I've dropped REC around chapter 30), nor she has shown any sign of guilt. Many people dropped REC after that chapter, but some people are still reading it, because it's still ongoing.

IMHO Eba has 4-6 chapters to redeem herself, or lots of people will really start to drop this manga.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 13:26   Link #3000
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
You know, it takes alot to make a guy like me to change preferences, I usually stick with the girl I like in a manga, until the manga finishes, no matter what she does, like in Ichigo100% I stayed true to Nishino, in Suzuka I liked Honoka and stayed her fan (even so, I m not unhappy with the ending as I never really exactly disliked Suzuka as I understood her reasons and understood her as a character, so despite being a Honoka fan I could sympathise with Suzuka), in GE I like Yuki and I intend to stay her fan until GE runs its course, in Umi no Misaki I m a Shizuku fan and plan to stay her fan.

But its only KNIM that forced me, for the first time, to change my preferred girl. I was a very strong Eba fan in the beginning but Nanami slowly gained my respect (and this respect was born even before she started acting cute) and I became her fan(even though I know she is never gonna win) while I not only stopped being Eba's fan, I became someone who is absolutely disgusted by her. My point is, I m a pretty tolerant guy who forgives and is lenient and genrally backs up my preferred girl no matter what she does, but Eba just crossed those limits.
That's why I'm beginning to wonder why I'm not that bothered at all by Eba while everyone else seems to rage like hell, it's not like I let girls in real life toy with me either so I really don't know where this is coming from. Anyway, I appreciate my own attitude here, spares me what you guys are going through right now.

@Arturro: Wait, so Eba is a b**** in heat now that "cheated" on Haruto because she's a bad and unfaithful person? - c'mon guys, keep it rational.

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life