AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-19, 10:58   Link #281
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Trademark: I don't think so. I really think that Karin
has feelings for him that a vampire normally would not
for a human. I suspect it will be bittersweet though.

Kenta seems like he's ready for anything though.
aliensporebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 16:38   Link #282
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Actually I'm quite pleased with the adaptation quality of this episode regarding manga material.

Episode 13 faithfully adapts the manga storyline for volume four almost entirely.
They used the last bit of chapter 15, all of chapters 16 and 17, and the last bit of chapter 18 to animate this episode.

The events and conversations are all the same save that they change the order on which happened.

Spoiler:

It looks that the next episode would be another anime original.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 14:14   Link #283
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

futaba channel released yesterday screen pics for episode 14, another anime original.
http://dat.2chan.net/18/res/2329490.htm

Spoiler:

Once I have watched the full episode, then I'll post my thoughts for it.

Get ready for next week, because the anime goes back to the manga material.
A new character will be introduced!!

For anyone who has already seen or read the fifth volume of the manga might may know what I'm talking about.
Old 2006-02-25, 04:19   Link #284
trademark
Likes to go to buffets

The forums were down for a while...

Anyways, Karin 14 was an ok episode. It made me like Karin's family more excluding Ren. Maki and Winner feel like complete side and support characters aka not so important. I wonder how the manga depicts Maki because her only role so far in the anime is a secret lover of Winner, and Winner I hear is an anime creation not in the manga. Maki in the manga must have an even lesser role.
trademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 09:32   Link #285
Ryusei

Karin rolling on the futon has just won the prize for the most kawaii scene ever ^_^;;;
Ryusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 09:50   Link #286
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
This series was in desperate need of breast fondling, and this episode finally delivered!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 10:27   Link #287
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
This series was in desperate need of breast fondling, and this episode finally delivered!
Actually, there already was some breast fondling two episodes back.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 11:16   Link #288
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
The breast fondling I could do without. -_- But a girl feeling up her best friend to see how much she has grown is not unexpected in bath scenes and it could have been full nudity but it wasn't, so I shall forgive such things.^^

It was nice to see Carrera being NICE for a change and Anju was too funny with the knife and stuff. XD

....wow Karin IS a ditz. But she is a cute ditz and that's what makes her so lovable.^^ She still should have figured out who K and W were though! I was facepalming at that scene. >_<;

The futon-roll scene was priceless. X3
Old 2006-02-26, 20:53   Link #289
Malek23

OK this has been bothering me for a while now...

In episode 14 when Karin and Maki are taking a bath together. Anju spies on them with her bat and gets upset about something. These scenes with them in the bathtub and the mother cooking were done for laughs, I realize that. HOWEVER what EXACTLY was Anju getting all upset about?
Malek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 21:52   Link #290
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi
The breast fondling I could do without. -_- But a girl feeling up her best friend to see how much she has grown is not unexpected in bath scenes and it could have been full nudity but it wasn't, so I shall forgive such things.^^
I'm of a similar opinion regarding the breast fondling in this episode. It did not seem so horribly out of place as the incident at the Chinese restaurant: this was two friends being playful in the bath, not Karin being groped by a stranger in public. So if there is going to be fanservice, I would much rather see something like this that at least fits in better with the overall tone of the series.

But as a diehard Maki fan, I am very happy with this episode! Lots and lots of Maki goodness... No, I am not referring to the bath scene. Well, mostly not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malek23
OK this has been bothering me for a while now...

In episode 14 when Karin and Maki are taking a bath together. Anju spies on them with her bat and gets upset about something. These scenes with them in the bathtub and the mother cooking were done for laughs, I realize that. HOWEVER what EXACTLY was Anju getting all upset about?
In my opinion, Anju was upset because she was jealous of the way Karin and Maki get along together. Karin and Maki can see each other whenever they want, while the time Anju can spend with her sister is limited. And Anju knows that that time will grow even shorter as she matures as a vampire and grows more sensitive to sunlight. So now Karin has brought a friend to the house - the one place that Anju probably felt she could have her sister all to herself. So I think that jealousy on Anju's part would be quite understandable. And since Anju was not in good mood to start with, it was a very bad idea for Boogey-kun to push his luck the way he did. Looks like there may be a bit of a power struggle going on among the familiars.... I wonder if he will be in good working order next episode?
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 01:10   Link #291
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The "boobcheck" was more believeable in ep 14's sequence (if still annoying... does anyone really do that in japan?). I'm really enjoying Maki as well ... she's got Karin completely diagrammed (though how she misses the vampire bit - only possible in a comic).
Nothing else to add that hasn't already been said...
Old 2006-02-27, 15:40   Link #292
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Nothing else to add that hasn't already been said...
Has it been said that the title for this episode was totally misleading? If not then here it is: the title for this episode was thoroughly misleading. In the preview at the end of the episode 13, when Anju announced "Study together, eat together, bathe together, and then... Being together until morining is so embarrassing!" - A.F.K sub

Technically, Karin did all those things in this episode, just not the person whom I envisioned with. I'll go take my cold shower now.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 18:29   Link #293
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

muhahahahahaha... like I said elsewhere... I stopped paying attention to previews ages ago.... they are so full of red herrings as to stink like the remnants of last week's fishmarket.
Old 2006-02-27, 22:41   Link #294
Furudanuki

The Karin and Maki sleepover episode provided an extra treat for me because Maki's seiyuu, Mikako Takahashi, also does the voice for Tomoko in Canvas 2. I couldn't help laughing when I pictured Karin bringing Tomoko home instead of Maki! I'll bet she and Anju would bond almost immediately....
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 00:15   Link #295
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This series is getting even better. I loved the way 13 ended, then 14 just delivered on so many fronts. Funny lines and situations, wonderfully performed by Karin (Yahagi Sayuri), Maki (Takahashi Mikako) and Anju (Inokuchi Yuka). I couldn't help laughing out loud several times, both at the voice-acting and the animation.

Takahashi Mikako gave an academy-award performance in Hanbun no Tsuki (not to mention in Honey & Clover as Yamada), and here she is again, with a very different voice, in a totally different kind of role. And Yahagi Sayuri keeps bowling me over with her strong, super-cute and hilarious delivery. Those two have jumped to the top of my "must watch" list.

Inokuchi Yuka (Anju) was Chochomaru in Petopeto-san and is Saya, the school principal, in Canvas2. That beautiful hoarse voice may be coming into its own (she's 28).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 02:43   Link #296
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Inokuchi Yuka is quite fun to watch in real life too (thought it was cute how she wore her hair "anju style" and wore loligothish clothes in that interview).

Human-vampire love relationships are popular fodder in Western and Japanese entertainment (ref: Tsukuyomi Moon Phase). Given that Karin's people are basically "carebear" vampires (we make people feel better), I can't see a lot of worry about a cross-species relationship outside of Ren's well-founded need to keep an emotional distance from the prey species.
Old 2006-03-01, 03:02   Link #297
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'm going crazy waiting for her to bite him already!

Bite! Bite! Bite!

Actually, I love the way that biting is used as a metaphor for sex. As Karin is about to bite him, Usui complains that he needs a moment to prepare himself. Then at the last moment Karin pulls away and apologizes guiltily as if her passion had almost caused her to rape him. Then Usui is all like, oh no, I really like you and it would be alright. But Karin is filled with guilt and afraid that there's something wrong with her for trying to take advantage of him.

It's a hysterical bit of gender role switching.

Only now that Usui is getting used the idea he seems to want Karin to bite him. Look at the way he pulled his collar aside to flash his neck at her. He really seemed like he was trying to provoke her. Usui is turning into a neck flirt. I wonder if Usui is going to be able to convince Karin that she wouldn't be taking advantage of him? Perhaps she'll realize that if two people love each other, it is alright for them to bite if they both want to. Of course that will only come after she realizes that he wants to be bitten as well and that the biting isn't just for her.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 18:22   Link #298
Epoq
1-Up Mushroom

I find it....odd...how people completely dissect an anime episode like it's a frog.
Epoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 18:25   Link #299
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Just a few Karin avys from Episodes 13 & 14.

Enjoy.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 19:43   Link #300
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Elda appears is embarrasing!!

This is the episode which I was longing for a whole week. It incorporates back on track with the manga's fifth volume and at last adapts one of the best storylines IMO from the Karin manga into the Karin anime.
http://dat.2chan.net/18/res/2368466.htm

Ladies and Gentlemen may I introduce you all to one of the oldest ancestors of the Maaka family.

Spoiler:

Some side notes.
Spoiler:

Tags
comedy, shounen