AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2014-02-19, 08:53   Link #5001
kagato3

Heh, for once a non BS pep talk power up. It's been shown for quite a while, since the SS arc, that Rukia not living up to her brother's expectations has been her greatest fear him just acknowledging her as strong removes it.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 09:10   Link #5002
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Hah, Kubo just trolled us all. XD
Indeed. People were expecting Rukia to have a bankai, but not in this manner they certainly weren't expecting Byakuya to not fight.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 09:14   Link #5003
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Good thing Mr. Piccolo came to guide Krillin---->Gohan(?)
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 10:18   Link #5004
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Although I'm not too thrilled about Rukia getting a bankai (but it was inevitable), I like what Kubo did with this chapter. Everybody was shitting on Rukia because she had to get saved by Byakuya, yet in the end she's the one who will finish As Nodt.
Old 2014-02-19, 10:18   Link #5005
David_The_Gnome
MR Claytard

Man...haters will be haters.

It's been awhile but props to Kubo for allowing Rukia to have character development. This was a nice surprise.

A Bleach character who is man enough to take a step backwards is a big step forward for the manga.
David_The_Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 10:30   Link #5006
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_The_Gnome View Post
Man...haters will be haters.

It's been awhile but props to Kubo for allowing Rukia to have character development. This was a nice surprise.

A Bleach character who is man enough to take a step backwards is a big step forward for the manga.
This was both character development for Rukia and Byakuya and I liked it. Despite Rukia getting Bankai being so predictable, it was a pretty good chapter and probably the best one since the Komamura vs Bambi chapters.
Old 2014-02-19, 11:17   Link #5007
SeanQ

still ice ... as nodt lives
Old 2014-02-19, 11:24   Link #5008
The Green One

Ha, Kubo successfully trolled us with what we thought was the usual female character ignoring and/or rescuing. I wonder how Byuakua had a chance to get his Bankai back when he wasn't around for the group steal back earlier but clearly Nodt doesn't have it anymore if he can transform like that.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 11:25   Link #5009
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
still ice ... as nodt lives
now you're even colder! -1 K! it's the absolutest zero of them all!
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 11:39   Link #5010
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnn, so Rukia has Shirogetsu....?
Old 2014-02-19, 12:25   Link #5011
Wandering Soul

I have never felt so trolled before in my life. I expected Rukia to have bankai just not for it to be shown like that.
Old 2014-02-19, 12:32   Link #5012
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

dem bankai cliffhangers

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 12:44   Link #5013
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihgthawk View Post
Just read 569, seriously who did not see that coming.
Spoiler for Spoiler:
i think it means Guilty of Bleaching from GT
Old 2014-02-19, 12:55   Link #5014
Meltyred

Rukia get's a bankai. So which captain is gonna die off so she get's the spot, is it going to be Ukitake?
Will he finally succumb to his god knows how long illness he has been having? Will Kubo put him out of his misery for once?
Heck will he use his bankai then die? (most likely)
Or will he die without using bankai even once, then after bleach ends Kubo makes a side-story of Ukitake and his bankai adventures. (more likely just to milk more money after his series ends)
Maybe Hitsugaya dies so Rukia can take his spot as the "ice" user. I remember the good old days where Hyorinmaru used to control the weather.... not be known for making ice and using ice for everything.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 13:16   Link #5015
sayde

Congrats Rukia. I guess now you can become the new replacement captain of the 8th division or maybe even the 4th division if Unohana is gone for good. That might be more fitting actually. Not that you've been established as a highly proficient healer or anything of the sort. But since I don't see you getting much in the way of action or victories after this glorious shining moment, that'll leave you with plenty of time to brush up on those med skills girl. So since you'll be relegated to the bench anyways, the captain of the bench squad sounds as fitting as any I guess. lol

And maybe Renji can become the new captain of the 7th division assuming Komamura's new form is weak and permanent and forces him into an early retirement. Besides, that'd be a good fit for him. Renji's buddies with those guys anyways.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 13:19   Link #5016
Slayerx

Well it is good that rukia does get her development; but the trolling leaves a sour taste. Like the simple question why she didn't just use her bankai before to finish him off... Or how freezing nodt with her Bankai can be more effective than freezing him with Absolute Zero; cause if Absolute Zero doesn't work then freezing shouldn't really work at all since you can't get any colder than that.

I find Rukia getting her Bankai to be much more forgivable then Kubo's use of trolling to build drama. I guess what's so annoying about Kubo's trolling is how it kinda relies on the characters just temporarily taking hold of the idiot ball long enough for them to look bad, so that they can come out on top in the following chapter... they could have just skipped right to the part where they kick butt; but no they have to play at being weak just to heighten the drama... I mean that's what Aizen did; he practically allowed himself to repeatedly loose just so he could one up everyone the next chapter. That got annoying real fast. its like an artificial way to heighten tension where none should be... Cause the characters are not really in danger as we see; they only look like it because they were holding back for the sake of drama.

Seeing Rukia beat Nodt the first time felt GREAT; very satisfying... seeing her do it a second time after trolling? not so much because of that sour taste. Would have been SO much happier if this fight ended two chapters ago.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2014-02-19 at 13:37.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 16:40   Link #5017
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

"Basically a momma lion pretty much all but kills the prey, and lets the cub finish it off to make it feel like it accomplished something", I think that pretty much fits the scenario between Rukia and Byakuya lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 16:54   Link #5018
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

"Goddammit, Kubo, you're so predictable. No female character is ever allowed to be powerful or overcome an issue. It's Rukia as damsel in distress once again."

(Rukia gains a Bankai and overcomes her Nii-sama inferiority complex)

"Goddammit Kubo, you're so predictable..."

Quote:
Just read 569, seriously who did not see that coming.
LOL. Everyone, apparently. ^_^

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
"Hakka" means "bleaching" or "whitening" and is being used descriptively. "Togame" is "blame", or "reproof/rebuke". I'd go with "Bleaching Rebuke".
Old 2014-02-19, 16:57   Link #5019
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I guess what's so annoying about Kubo's trolling is how it kinda relies on the characters just temporarily taking hold of the idiot ball long enough for them to look bad, so that they can come out on top in the following chapter... they could have just skipped right to the part where they kick butt; but no they have to play at being weak just to heighten the drama... I mean that's what Aizen did; he practically allowed himself to repeatedly loose just so he could one up everyone the next chapter.
The law of Bleach nowadays states that the idiot ball will always be in play and most of the Soul Society characters will take hold of it at some point.
Old 2014-02-19, 17:59   Link #5020
ChampDream
Alive

good chapter for Rukia showing that huge bankai at the end.

Tags
bleach, chapter