AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-08-30, 18:07   Link #201
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
The ant arc looks like to me to be a DBZ clone!
Maybe at the beginning of it.

The last 3 volumes the main villain has been playing a board game with a blind girl which led to him questoning his purpose. Remember when that happened in Dragonball? Because I sure don't.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 19:16   Link #202
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well, considering how overpowered the top ants are, there is a need for some factor in his eventual defeat or something. Although HxH is not always about superior power, but regardless, it does seem like there is a need for several degrees of factors-in to actually win.

I'm rather enjoying that subplot really. It makes him feel like a newborn child he is, whom discovering an attachment, starts to see things differently. Heck, I won't be surprised if this arc ends without the King actually fighting or dying.

I'm presuming a timeskip would occur after this arc, and Togashi will take a MAJOR break again, to try to remember how to draw Reolio and Kurapika.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 08:21   Link #203
BlueBerryPai
I can control my dreams!

So, when will the HxH chapters start releasing? For it is true that it will start coming out again right?`I just can't wait, it such an excellent manga (:
I really hope a timescip will happen, it would look really cool seeing Gon and Killua as 16-18 years old xD
Hello Ladies!
l0l

~Pai? Oaf? Blueberries?
BlueBerryPai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 10:18   Link #204
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
There was a notice in Volume 40 of WSJ (Aug 2007) that indicates HxH manga resumes on Volume 45, out on October 6th.
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 09:43   Link #205
swerv
Stay Up

Woohoo.

Just time enough to read the manga from the start again then
Old 2007-10-01, 23:26   Link #206
zrexe
Lurker

Since the new chapter of HxH is going to be released in the next few days, I am going to give this thread a well deserved bump for being quite possibly the best shonen ever.
zrexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 23:28   Link #207
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

If I remember correctly, HxH has always been released earlier than Naruto, around the time One Piece is released. So, hopefully this trend will continue (thanks to the hype) and we will get the new chapter either tomorrow night, or wednesday morning.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 07:57   Link #208
zrexe
Lurker

yea, the raw is finally out. Saw some spoiler pics over at nexgear. Cant believe that it finally continued after such a long break. Time to rejoice.
Old 2007-10-02, 14:01   Link #209
Rurik
Golden

One question, is the Manga licensed? Is good to know that to see if one can openly talk about scanlator groups.
Old 2007-10-02, 14:03   Link #210
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Unless Viz has changed its mind, it should be licensed.
Old 2007-10-03, 11:17   Link #211
majin_vegeta

Now that the Manga has finally come back, does anyone think that there may actually be a chance of getting more OVA.
majin_vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 09:20   Link #212
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by majin_vegeta View Post
Now that the Manga has finally come back, does anyone think that there may actually be a chance of getting more OVA.
If I’m not mistaken, even before the Manga Hiatus, the project of the OVA for this arc was in motion and just waiting for this arc to be finished, I guess the OVA could be done after this arc is finished.

I wont think too much about how popular the Manga can be onwards, because the last arc of Saint Seiya was released as OVA many years after the series was successful.
Old 2007-10-05, 16:05   Link #213
~ Lawliet ~

I've read 30 chapters as well as watched 10 episodes. Not something I can so easily get into.
~ Lawliet ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 18:32   Link #214
sanzolim

yeah.. the raw is out.. finally after years of waiting
sanzolim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 03:07   Link #215
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

10 weeks of Hunter x Hunter until the next stall. Let's hope it's shorter this time.

Regardless, like the few HxH chapters before, it's slow, but emphasizes greatly on the King's awkwardly interesting character development, and slow build-up of the all-around subplots.

I rather like how the approach is going for though. It gives the feeling that Togashi is trying to give "extremely powerful bad guys, but are stupid and makes stupid decisions that lead to their defeat" a strangely interesting make-over, and use that in a different manner where the flaws of the enemy make sense in the regard of the budding characterization on a whole and how the King is seemingly getting more and more aloof as a paradoxical king rather than being stupid for the sake of it... like say, Bleach.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 13:18   Link #216
Umaibo

The scanlation is out. Oh shit-- reading now. =)
Umaibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 20:28   Link #217
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

So, it seems the king is not going to join the fight, as he had left the lower levels to the others. Luckily, he seems to be growing more sadistic (his fight will be more exciting). Also, I wonder who will be his opponent in addition to Neteru (such as Gon's father), that part may somehow signal whether this arc will be the end of the story or not.
Old 2007-10-09, 03:16   Link #218
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

To be honest, this wasn't a very good chapter. Well, Togashi has to warm up, I guess.
Old 2007-10-09, 03:26   Link #219
zrexe
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougi Shiki View Post
To be honest, this wasn't a very good chapter. Well, Togashi has to warm up, I guess.
yea, I think its more of a recap of the events which happened thus far.
Old 2007-10-09, 23:54   Link #220
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Finally, we are going to see Neteru and his partner. According to the initial spoiler for chapter 262, two people appear with a mysterious bird.

Tags
overpowered villain