AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 8 20.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 38.46%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 25.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 5.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-06, 21:27   Link #101
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Anybody can like a nice, sweet person who is perfect- That's like beginners' level, a give-away, no effort require.
Oh wow.
Just...

Wow.
Old 2013-02-06, 21:30   Link #102
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm half kidding of course.
Old 2013-02-06, 23:42   Link #103
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Oh, lordy, I just caught myself thinking of asking you the same question that's been thrown at me time and time again, "Are we watching the same show?" But, wait, you hadn't even seen the episode before the PS? Was everything you had been stating about this specific episode based on hearsay? Do you still think it was the Dragon's own fault?
Not sure what you mean by "Dragon's own fault".
Old 2013-02-07, 00:56   Link #104
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Poor Nanami. I had to give this episode a 6. It just wasn't that enjoyable to me.
Old 2013-02-09, 03:26   Link #105
Kyuu
=^^=

Solutions are simple:

Sorata + Shiina + Aoyama.
Spoiler:

In the case of Rita -- she said her peace. She can move on with her life. Mr Hikkimori doesn't deserve her.

Misaki?
Spoiler:

Happy Valentine's Day.

As for me? Another year where I'm alone... (Being dense is not cool)
Old 2013-02-09, 03:39   Link #106
tsunade666

three way relationship? that won't happen in this kind of story.

valentines day is like an ordinary day for me. it held no special meaning to a haru in real life like me. 2D and 3D are different.
Old 2013-02-09, 11:44   Link #107
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

I wonder how a three way relationship can be possible when both girls don't like to share and the guy only loves on girl...
Sounds like the dream relationship of every third wheel. Yeah, really.

About Valentine's day. My partner cares too much about it and I have to do something every year. I'm lucky that I have prepared something months ago for her.
Old 2013-02-09, 15:59   Link #108
Haiprbim
Banned

It was an amazing episode. :D
Cannot wait to see another one!
Old 2013-02-10, 22:33   Link #109
wontaek

Quote:

Okay, how about: the kind thing to do would have been for Rita to stay home and not put the Dragon through emotional torture. I'm guessing this is not what you were thinking.
I won't argue against that but will ask " What might have been kind thing that Ryuunosuke could have done? How could he have acted in more gentlemanly fashion? " We should try to analyze things from multiple side, not just one side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Solutions are simple:

Sorata + Shiina + Aoyama.
Spoiler:

In the case of Rita -- she said her peace. She can move on with her life. Mr Hikkimori doesn't deserve her.

Misaki?
Spoiler:

Happy Valentine's Day.

As for me? Another year where I'm alone... (Being dense is not cool)
As I said before this is one of situation where 3 way solution won't work. Mashiro may put Plan C into action if that happens.
Old 2013-02-11, 10:11   Link #110
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
I won't argue against that but will ask " What might have been kind thing that Ryuunosuke could have done? How could he have acted in more gentlemanly fashion? " We should try to analyze things from multiple side, not just one side.
I don't think there's room for gentlemanly behavior here. Being gentlemanly would mean keeping to high social standards of proper behavior - but that is only possible in a relatively normal social context, with the other side keeping to at least the basic rules of socially acceptable behavior.

A gentleman would open the door for a knocking lady.
Should Dragon open the door, Rita would force her way inside against all protest.
A gentleman would politely ask a lady to leave his room if necessary.
Rita never gave a damn about what Dragon thought of her occupying his private space.

I think you can be kind under any circumstances, but there are contexts in which insistence on gentlemanly behavior seems like a farce.
Old 2013-02-11, 20:07   Link #111
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Not sure what you mean by "Dragon's own fault".
I was referring to your previous statement:

Quote:
No, Dragon never declined properly, which in itself is his own fault regardless of his personality.
and wondering if you still believed what you had said after having watched the episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
I think it's pretty clear that I have already quite accurately analyzed the situation, but you seem to want me to say, "He should have politely opened the door to her and let her do whatever she wanted."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytrus View Post
I don't think there's room for gentlemanly behavior here. Being gentlemanly would mean keeping to high social standards of proper behavior - but that is only possible in a relatively normal social context, with the other side keeping to at least the basic rules of socially acceptable behavior.

A gentleman would open the door for a knocking lady.
Should Dragon open the door, Rita would force her way inside against all protest.
A gentleman would politely ask a lady to leave his room if necessary.
Rita never gave a damn about what Dragon thought of her occupying his private space.

I think you can be kind under any circumstances, but there are contexts in which insistence on gentlemanly behavior seems like a farce.
As much as I agree with you wholeheartedly, I fear there are some who will also disagree wholeheartedly and believe that the Dragon should have allowed Rita to invade his privacy, no matter what.
Old 2013-05-17, 23:25   Link #112
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Quote:
As much as I agree with you wholeheartedly, I fear there are some who will also disagree wholeheartedly and believe that the Dragon should have allowed Rita to invade his privacy, no matter what.
You make it sounds like your opinion is the correct one while the other is wrong.

But meh, late reply is late
Closed Thread