nice read. cant wait for more
elairz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 18:40   Link #42
lostwingman

Appetite status: Drooling.
lostwingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-13, 23:00   Link #43
Zephyrial

This novel seems great. It captivated me from chapter 2 onward.
Old 2015-01-14, 21:20   Link #44
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

i was expecting the elf to interrogate the guy on all that history and knowledge of spells.
DemiDomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 05:24   Link #45
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiDomo View Post
i was expecting the elf to interrogate the guy on all that history and knowledge of spells.
Too busy being in shock & awe as well as nerding/geeking/fangirling out.

I guess it's like suddenly meeting your long time favorite author/writer that's been missing for years and his/her last best work was unfinished.
Old 2015-01-15, 05:25   Link #46
laon
Hantai

She'll have plenty of occasion to do just that.
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 18:50   Link #47
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Too busy being in shock & awe as well as nerding/geeking/fangirling out.

I guess it's like suddenly meeting your long time favorite author/writer that's been missing for years and his/her last best work was unfinished.
but wouldn't burst in a series of questions during the nerd out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post
She'll have plenty of occasion to do just that.
kinda sad 5 chapters got summarized that might have had a hint of it.
Old 2015-01-15, 19:08   Link #48
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Actually, she did...
Quote:
As for Iris, she spoke about Luru’s past glory as though seeing a dream, so it seemed that Yuumis completely believed her.
After that, Yuumis began to ask her various questions about the ancient demon race, so seeing this, Gran sighed.

“…Well, once Yuumis becomes like that, there’s no managing her. Let’s leave them alone for a while… "
So yeah, she did go gaga but immediately went full fangirl questioning mode (while Iris was sitting on her lap).

Though it was simply mentioned at times, the two did visit the village & meet them when they can. It's safe to assume they exchanged info & learned more than a thing or two (not just about ancient spells of course).
Old 2015-01-15, 19:15   Link #49
Xacual

Quote:

kinda sad 5 chapters got summarized that might have had a hint of it.
The TLer already went back and translated one of the chapters they skipped, as in chapter 16 so I'll assume it's just because not a lot happened in those chapters that they wanted to jump ahead to more interesting stuff. Well that's pretty much what they said in their comments.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 21:40   Link #50
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

Quote:
Actually, she did...

So yeah, she did go gaga but immediately went full fangirl questioning mode (while Iris was sitting on her lap).

Though it was simply mentioned at times, the two did visit the village & meet them when they can. It's safe to assume they exchanged info & learned more than a thing or two (not just about ancient spells of course).
dam probably missed this.
Old 2015-01-17, 03:38   Link #51
Briollaire
ビームセイバー使い

Quote:
Actually, she did...

Yeah, close to the end of the hundred and something chapter long fighting tournament arc,
Spoiler:
Can't remember too well. Also will have time soon, so I'll probably be doing a chapter tomorrow night or something. Sorry if anybody has been waiting for it.
Old 2015-01-17, 04:03   Link #52
Schion93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briollaire View Post
Yeah, close to the end of the hundred and something chapter long fighting tournament arc,
Spoiler:
Can't remember too well. Also will have time soon, so I'll probably be doing a chapter tomorrow night or something. Sorry if anybody has been waiting for it.
I feel so happy right now, knowing you might be working on a new chapter soon
Schion93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-17, 04:17   Link #53
Briollaire
ビームセイバー使い

By the way, I know this we're not supposed to be going off topic, but just a quick question since it's somewhat relevant to this thread... What's the policy on web novels? As far as I know, this thread isn't even supposed to exist but... there's no rule I've seen that says it can't, either. I mean, sure, the author has another one of his series published as light novels, meaning that this is written by a professional...

Is that where we draw the line? Because if it's loose, obviously a lot of random English amateur novels might start popping up. Of course it makes no sense to show favouritism just because they're Japanese. Japanese amateurs are still amateurs, and being Japanese does not make it a light novel.

At the same time, I'm sure there are some Japanese doujin manga series that have threads here, like probably the chikan otoko manga adaptation, or the Fap Note manga adaptation... Like, is there some policy that's written somewhere that I just couldn't find?

Is this thread supposed to be deleted? Or are web novels like this exempt because the author has managed to get some of his other web novel series published by alphapolic etc.?
Old 2015-01-17, 04:22   Link #54
aspadodell

thanks in advance for the chapter tomorrow
aspadodell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-17, 04:47   Link #55
laon
Hantai

Quote:
By the way, I know this we're not supposed to be going off topic, but just a quick question since it's somewhat relevant to this thread... What's the policy on web novels? As far as I know, this thread isn't even supposed to exist but... there's no rule I've seen that says it can't, either. I mean, sure, the author has another one of his series published as light novels, meaning that this is written by a professional...

Is that where we draw the line? Because if it's loose, obviously a lot of random English amateur novels might start popping up. Of course it makes no sense to show favouritism just because they're Japanese. Japanese amateurs are still amateurs, and being Japanese does not make it a light novel.

At the same time, I'm sure there are some Japanese doujin manga series that have threads here, like probably the chikan otoko manga adaptation, or the Fap Note manga adaptation... Like, is there some policy that's written somewhere that I just couldn't find?

Is this thread supposed to be deleted? Or are web novels like this exempt because the author has managed to get some of his other web novel series published by alphapolic etc.?
Why does english amateur scene come into this? This is a Japanese media focused forum as far as I know (though I guess with the mahua and manhwa thread being tolerated, "asia" would fit more?).

I'm more puzzled by linking policy, is it alright to link a site with web novel translation when it has been made into a light novel (I assume that by "licensed", they mean licensed in whichever country)?
Old 2015-01-17, 04:51   Link #56
Briollaire
ビームセイバー使い

Quote:
Why does english amateur scene come into this? This is a Japanese media focused forum as far as I know (though I guess with the mahua and manhwa thread being tolerated, "asia" would fit more?).

I'm more puzzled by linking policy, is it alright to link a site with web novel translation when it has been made into a light novel (I assume that by "licensed", they mean licensed in whichever country)?
Like, they could declare themselves "English Light Novels" whatever that means. It happened on Ba**to with some really bad quality English language comics. The sub-thread is called 'Manga & Light Novels' and webnovels/ネット諸説 aren't really either.
Old 2015-01-17, 04:55   Link #57
laon
Hantai

Quote:
Like, they could declare themselves "English Light Novels" whatever that means. It happened on Ba**to with some really bad quality English language comics. The sub-thread is called 'Manga & Light Novels' and webnovels/ネット諸説 aren't really either.
Wow, didn't know there are that kind of modus operandi lol. I think they will die a natural death even if you leave it alone here.

Yeah I know about the subforum name but one of the largest thread in this section (with 2.5M+ view and counting) is a complete web novel so I think the mod don't mind.
Old 2015-01-17, 07:23   Link #58
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Also will have time soon, so I'll probably be doing a chapter tomorrow night or something. Sorry if anybody has been waiting for it.
Ooh, nice. Been reading this bit by bit as well & just reached the tournament chapters.

Also those are rather interesting questions since Web Novels can be said to be a different creature in itself. I've been wondering about that myself especially after reading and enjoying "Kenkyo kenjitsu o motto ni ikite orimasu!/ 謙虚、堅実をモットーに生きております!" (which I started after reading your recommendation, thanks!~)

But I guess it does fall closest here after all.
Old 2015-01-17, 08:01   Link #59
DarkDooM

Quote:
Quote:
1. Do not post links to, of, or mention where to find, scans of licensed manga and novels.
In other words, you can post links to translations as long as the manga/LN isn't licensed.

And regarding whether web novels are allowed on here;
There isn't anything mentioned in the rules. But since the moderators have been tolerating it since a long while already we can assume that it's allowed and the rules are simply not up to date.

However I don't think that non-asian novels are allowed on here.
Old 2015-01-17, 08:41   Link #60
laon
Hantai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDooM View Post
In other words, you can post links to translations as long as the manga/LN isn't licensed.
What if it's a translation for the web novel (which may or may not differ with the light novel) but the series itself has a licensed light novel and/or manga in Japan?

Like say, what if this series (Yomigaeri no Maou) suddenly got licensed in Japan, are we still allowed to link to Briollaire's site which contain the translated web novel but not the light novel?

Tags
adventure, demon king, reincarnation, timeslip, webnovel