Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-03, 08:20   Link #41
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
Well, Nami was the simplest mugiwara to figure out how to power up in her ministory.

I know that people might be pissed off at Akainu but it wasn't sure if he killed that marine - it was off screen, but there was a scream.
I find this very odd that nobody briefed the cannon fodder on this plan. So the leaders gets info on changes in eventual strategy, but what about the little guys. Did NOBODY told them that there is a death penalty for running away? Unless Akainu implies his own theory of justice here, and as far as we know WG accepts all justices - lazy justice, impatient justice, dark justice and unforgiving justice as well.

DonFlamingo is a weird fella, but he's certainly a 110% villain since he monologues durring battle XD
I think its just how Marines work, first thing as marine you are taught about absolute obidience and follow your orders even if it would kill you, if you desert or refuse to follow orders then you are commiting treason and you are to be killed.

If you look very first arc of OP (Morgan arc) you can see how Morgan commands all doubtful marines to shoot themself on head and marines simply follow order without question...

Marines will always follow orders without question , no matter how corrupt or twisted commanding superior is, they dont care what orders are, they just have to follow them.

In this war some marines just could not take it anymore and Akainu made an example of them, I do believe that they died because if you attack someone with molten magma I doubt you could survive it with a scrath.

Absolute Justice is very basic principle what marines practice, no mercy to pirates and villains, even if you have pirate connections you might get executed and you will be denied to join marines.

Aokiji can practice his Lazy Justice because he is Admiral and is only responsible to Sengoku.
Old 2009-09-03, 08:21   Link #42
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

whooa the chapter rush in early....

this chapter implies that the both side want to hastened their plan...that makes sure WB will no longger playin around and go straight for ACE...

Luffy: "I'm a rubber man.."
Mr.3, buggy, ivankov: "whooaaaaa we are deaaad"
jinbei, mr.1, croc: "this is interesting...."

love to see badass guy still stay cool an get ready for the upcoming war...

Is it just me or sengoku is really have an objective about something on his hat..
Spoiler for sengoku seagull:
Old 2009-09-03, 08:34   Link #43
'Pryde
I am better than you

whitebeard is a beast....cant wait to see tht part in the anime....
Old 2009-09-03, 09:26   Link #44
Ryuuchi
Totally not that guy

I dunno about you guys but I so want Luffy to go Gear Third + Gear Second in mid air and just use a Giant Jet Gattling rainging down on the marines...thoguh the chances of that happening are like 2%? If that...
Old 2009-09-03, 09:30   Link #45
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Just read the chapter, and wow, Luffy's entrance is quite epic...
"The strategist Sengoku"? He 's in bad luck here, because when you play strategic war, and an unexpected + unordinary chess pieces appear (Luffy's group) , you are screwed hard......

My bet is Boa will fight Doflamingo, the battle of true strength when mind control is in some way cancel out.... Then we will see the power of Haki King , and Boa will kick Doflamingo ass (Then Luffy can see the demonstration and apply into battle later). Otherwise Zoro will encounter Doflamingo later, after training with that ghost-girl

WB's commander is so easily controlled by Doflamingo? I hope he really have special skills but just useless when against Doflamingo
Old 2009-09-03, 09:58   Link #46
Trax
Rock beats scissors

There must be more to Sengoku's plan other than going ahead with the execution early, but whatever it is, Luffy & co literally drop in just in time to complicate things further. It should be interesting to see what will happen from here. How will they all survive that fall, for one thing. Gear 3 gomu gomu no fuusen? And how will everyone that knows Luffy react? Also, since we haven't seen Smoker in action yet, and considering their history, there's a good chance he will take him on.
Old 2009-09-03, 10:51   Link #47
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I wonder how far did Luffy moved, we know that Buggy is nothing compared to him, but Smoker? Buggy was deafeted by a trick and Smoker never lost to Luffy.

I think that Sangoku being a strategist isn't bad as long as he won't be overpowered. Sure he can see 3 moves ahead and quickly react to such suprises like Luffy showing up, but there must be a hole for the story to continue through...
Old 2009-09-03, 10:52   Link #48
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Just read the chapter, and wow, Luffy's entrance is quite epic...
"The strategist Sengoku"? He 's in bad luck here, because when you play strategic war, and an unexpected + unordinary chess pieces appear (Luffy's group) , you are screwed hard......

My bet is Boa will fight Doflamingo, the battle of true strength when mind control is in some way cancel out.... Then we will see the power of Haki King , and Boa will kick Doflamingo ass (Then Luffy can see the demonstration and apply into battle later). Otherwise Zoro will encounter Doflamingo later, after training with that ghost-girl

WB's commander is so easily controlled by Doflamingo? I hope he really have special skills but just useless when against Doflamingo
Its not mind control. He is controllin them via some invisiable strings/wires like a Puppet master.

Also, Poor Oars Jr. Only appeared for 1 chapter and a few pages, but damn I love that giant already

WB pwning that Giant Vice-Admiral was awesome. I raelly can't wait for this to get animated, it'll be awesome.

I also hope that Commander doesn't end up being fodder for DoFlamingo. I want these guys to really show what they're capable of.
Old 2009-09-03, 12:03   Link #49
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

wow..great ending for the Chapter with luffy coming ...i was Bored without him
Old 2009-09-03, 12:09   Link #50
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

To be perfectly honest I couldn't really care much who kills whom: this is pretty much a stage for setting the standards. As long as they're not too radical, I'll pretty much accept anything: like Moria's awesome moment last chapter with the Lizard Blade. Means that he wasn't all that lame at all.

I wouldn't mind seeing him take one or two cheap shots at Luffy while the fighting is on. Might be funny .

Edit: Oh, and To-love-ru...had such an obscure ending...wow. So evasive. That kind of sucked.

@The Chaos: Something is still lacking. Luffy needs to be in a pair with Zoro. The dynamic-ness of Luffy is somewhat reduced without Zoro there to just pwn the whole atmosphere.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-09-03, 13:47   Link #51
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

i cannot wait until this is animated.
Old 2009-09-03, 14:06   Link #52
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

WOW just WOW!

Now thats how you show a war.

words do not describe how epic this chapter is!

and Once again no doubt Luffy's unpredictably will throw a spanner in someone's plan
Old 2009-09-03, 14:14   Link #53
marvelB

Heh, I like how Jinbei, Croc, and Daz are pretty much the only ones who're still calm while falling towards Marineford (geez, Iva's got some real power in those winks of his to be able to propel an entire battleship into the air like that....). Boy, would it be hilarious (yet awesome at the same time) if Buggy ends up being the one to fall on Ace's execution platform.....

Anyways, I already pretty much gave my view of the chapter from the spoilers (though I will say again that it was badass to see how easily Whitebeard destroyed that giant VA with the mask. The fact that his earthquakes can even be felt from far away is crazy, too). I'm still kinda wondering if Whitey Bay will fight Hancock (since she's a NW pirate, she should be pretty formidable), and I still figure that Garp vs. Sengoku is possible (even moreso now that Luffy's entered Marineford. Garp will want to protect his two precious grandsons, even if they are criminals.....). I'm also hoping that we'll finally learn the name of Doflamingo's power, since the commander Atomos seemed to know right away that he was being controlled (maybe he'll be the one to reveal the name of Doflamingo's DF?). Oh, and we need to see more of Tsuru's laundry power, too.

Yep, things are just going to get even crazier when then next chapter comes around......
Old 2009-09-03, 14:50   Link #54
james0246

^I'm still hoping that in the next few chapters Luffy is going to bite off more than he can chew (i.e. go beyond lower Vice-Admiral level opponents) and Hancock will have to finally unleash her haki to save him, proving just why she is the Empress of the Sea and why Sengoku spoke of her so reverently.

That being said, good chapter. The flashbacks were a bit much, but thankfully they only took up about 4-5 panels total (about 1 page). I'm still trying to figure out how Moria was not crushed, considering he was standing directly underneath Oars as he fell. I wonder if Luffy will comment on the body and wonder if Moria is around someplace (Hopefully Moria will say something about Luffy next chapter...)? Whatever the case, the excitement and tension keeps growing. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Old 2009-09-03, 14:52   Link #55
Tommy
Mr. Prince

With Luffy's entrance it looks like it's about time for the wildcards to choose sides...
Old 2009-09-03, 14:59   Link #56
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

I'm guessing some of the Pirates introduced back in 551 like Doma & Makugi??? are gonna really powerful Pirates. They were all introduced back then and since then, we've not seen any of them at all except for Vortex Spider guy.
Old 2009-09-03, 15:04   Link #57
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^I'm still hoping that in the next few chapters Luffy is going to bite off more than he can chew (i.e. go beyond lower Vice-Admiral level opponents) and Hancock will have to finally unleash her haki to save him, proving just why she is the Empress of the Sea and why Sengoku spoke of her so reverently.

I dunno.... I sorta think it would be overkill for Luffy to get outclassed for the third time in a row. I'm thinking that he'd wise up and ignore all of the clashing superpowers and go straight for Ace. And in case any powerful for does try to stop him..... well, he's got allies who can fight them in his stead (I know that Croc and Daz can't really be considered "allies", but they're still partnered with Luffy for the moment). As for Sengoku, I already mentioned how Garp may be the one to stop him from ending both of his grandsons' lives......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
I'm guessing some of the Pirates introduced back in 551 like Doma & Makugi??? are gonna really powerful Pirates. They were all introduced back then and since then, we've not seen any of them at all except for Vortex Spider guy.

Yeah, I'm expecting to see some action from Doma and Makugai, too (as well as the old lady who might be Lola's mother). So far, we've seen plenty of action from Whitebeard and the commanders but not much from the NW captains. Hopefully, this will change in the coming chapters.....
Old 2009-09-03, 15:09   Link #58
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I really hope WB doesn't fight Garp or ace and luffy vs Garp ..

And without his crew i wonder if WB would mack Luffy his "Son"
really wish Zoro was here to i wanna see Mihawk vs Zoro round 2
Old 2009-09-03, 15:31   Link #59
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I dunno.... I sorta think it would be overkill for Luffy to get outclassed for the third time in a row. I'm thinking that he'd wise up and ignore all of the clashing superpowers and go straight for Ace. And in case any powerful for does try to stop him..... well, he's got allies who can fight them in his stead (I know that Croc and Daz can't really be considered "allies", but they're still partnered with Luffy for the moment).
No you really can't consider Croc and Daz allies... not at all... remember, they are not partnered with Luffy; Luffy is there to save Ace, but Croc is there to kill Whitebeard. They helped eachother escape but once they land, they are on opposite sides. Luffy will be beating up Ace's captors, while Croc will be beating up Ace's rescuers.

The only people Luffy can rely on is Jimbei, Iva, and Inazuma... Jimbei, and Iva are gonna be very helpful, and Inazuma will be moderately helpful

Though really, Ace's death is the primary priority for the world gov't... so he's gonna be the most well guarded... as much as Luffy is able to avoid the clashing superpowers, they will not let him rescue Ace, and so Luffy is bound to fight...

Frankly, i got my money on Garp vs Luffy
Old 2009-09-03, 15:43   Link #60
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

No-one else fits this much great stuff into a single weekly chapter. Amazing.
Closed Thread