AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-24, 03:59   Link #421
unsuspectingvisitor

hello guys im new to this forum and i have a question about disappearance

was nagato and koizumi's real personality is showed in the disappearance movie or novel or whatever manga it is?
Old 2010-09-24, 09:02   Link #422
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsuspectingvisitor View Post

was nagato and koizumi's real personality is showed in the disappearance movie or novel or whatever manga it is?
Hard to say, since both characters had had their memories of at least the last year changed, and we don't know how much of human!Yuki's personality was manufactured for the occasion, how much is remnants of interface!Yuki, and how much is the imprinting of interface!Yuki's thoughts and feelings onto her biological shell. I think it's safe to say that at least some portion of their "real personalities" was there (especially in Itsuki's case, since he works so hard to hide his real self in the main story, but had no reason to here), but how much is probably impossible to say.
Old 2010-09-24, 10:23   Link #423
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsuspectingvisitor View Post

This might be better in the Disappearance thread, as spoilers might be involved at some point, but if so, someone will take care of it.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say that everyone in Disappearance had the personalities that they would've if they didn't have their powers. Nagato, of course, was never human in the first place, so it's especially hard to say with her. Who can really say what a god would be like once you stripped away its omnipotence and omniscience?
Old 2010-09-25, 00:08   Link #424
unsuspectingvisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
This might be better in the Disappearance thread, as spoilers might be involved at some point, but if so, someone will take care of it.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say that everyone in Disappearance had the personalities that they would've if they didn't have their powers. Nagato, of course, was never human in the first place, so it's especially hard to say with her. Who can really say what a god would be like once you stripped away its omnipotence and omniscience?
oh yes the disapperance thread

Last edited by unsuspectingvisitor; 2010-09-29 at 19:00.
Old 2012-01-23, 10:58   Link #425
JThree

Guys Just saw Disappearance of Haruhi last night. Had mixed feelings about how Kyon treated Yuki. I really felt for her, when he eventually chose Haruhi and the original world. The way she pulled on his sleeve in the first apartment scene was truly heart-wrenching. Such a simple movement, and yet it said so much.

How many of you would have wished Kyon had chosen Yuki over Haruhi somehow? Any Yuki fans out there?

JThree
Old 2012-01-23, 11:12   Link #426
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Try the manga know as "The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan". It was made by the same person that gave us the Haruhi-chan manga (and related web episodes).

It is a slightly sillier version of the Haruhi universe, but takes place in the alternate version of Disapperance of Haruhi (it also uses more anime styled character art than the Haruhi-chan version). It is more serious than Haruhi-chan and is essentially what happens if Kyon decides to stay...or more accurately, what if that was how it always was (Kyon being native to the universe, thus doesn't remember Haruhi either).

It is an interesting take on the matter. Though time and space has a tendancy to still put people together, even if it isn't as serious as the film version. (at least until about chapter 25, then I say things shift a bit. Still don't know how that will play out in the end).

The Literature Club is an interesting bunch: Yuki, Ryoko, and Kyon (plus Kyon's two friends on the list but don't participate in activities often...just so the club has enough members). Then there is the "others" Unofficial members and those that take part in activities: From North High....Juniors Mikuru and Tsuruya and from the outside....Itsuki and Haruhi (Haruhi insisted). The focus is mostly Yuki (her feeling for Kyon), and Ryoko (her mothering tendancies towards Yuki), with it sometimes going to Kyon, and rarely, to Haruhi. Itsuki follows Haruhi for the most part and is probably he must underused character. Mikuru generally just gets caught up in Tsuruya's schemes and rivalry with Ryoko (their rivalry is quite fun and funny).

Tags
characters