Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-11-26, 22:00   Link #61
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Drinking blood doesn't give you someone's DNA.
He didn't drink blood. It looked more as if he was absorbing part of her body considering Karin's change.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 12:09   Link #62
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I agree that there's a very good chance that the alliance army will be revived at the end of this war. I mean Kishimoto never made such a massacre before this war, until now about 2/3 of the army is dead, that's like 50-60,000 people, it's a huge massacre until now and it doesn't seem to be ending yet. (BTW it would also give a chance to Kabuto to redeem himself if all those who died because of him are revived. And we saw some pages about people waiting Kabuto back to his orphanage.) After the Konoha massacre which was much smaller than this all those killed were revived, so there's a good chance for that here too.
And do you remember how many fans complained when all those Konoha people were revived? Which was basically Kishi once again making sure Naruto did not have to make a tough decision. It was terrible and insipid writing. Even for a manga for 13 year old boys.

But if Kishi revived all the dead Alliance members, it would be 10,000 times worse.

First off, this has been the most antiseptic war ever presented in the history of manga. Massacre my foot. We were told 40,000 people died on the Alliance side. Not one was a name character and 95% happened off screen; even who cares characters like Samui and her stupid one chapter brother are not dead. And yes, the Kages will likely be saved. You cannot talk about the horrors of war and not show, you know, the horrors of war. No one was asking Naruto to move from a shonen to a seinen, but the entire pacing and execution of this war has been badly off. Even the appearence of the Jyuubi, something that should be treated as the coming of the end of the war, doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

Bringing back all those people who died would turn war into a big joke. Which ironically is the exact opposite of what Kishi said he wanted to do. For what? So another lame villain like Kabuto can be redeemed? BTW, if you keep redeeming villains, it begins to lose its effect. Or so Naruto can show off his latest power up in the rinnegan?

The manga has been running on fumes for a while now. And it seems totally devoid of the magic that made Naruto once great. But at least let it have a little dignity.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 14:26   Link #63
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Did they fully explained what are the abilities of the Rinnegan? In the fight against Pain it looked as if the Rinnegan granted to each Path its own unique skill, but Obito's corpses did not have any of those. Was Madara's move in which he basically throws two meteors part of the Rinnegan?
Old 2012-11-27, 16:20   Link #64
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Obito is definitely going to betray Madara because of Kakashi's influence......I hope I'm wrong and it gets a bit more complex than that.
Old 2012-11-27, 16:34   Link #65
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Did they fully explained what are the abilities of the Rinnegan? In the fight against Pain it looked as if the Rinnegan granted to each Path its own unique skill, but Obito's corpses did not have any of those. Was Madara's move in which he basically throws two meteors part of the Rinnegan?
Nagato's actual body was able to use all of the paths plus the seventh.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 17:26   Link #66
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
And do you remember how many fans complained when all those Konoha people were revived? ...
And i was one of them lol
Prior to that Kishimoto made sure that many of the ninja are out on missions, the civilians were taken to shelters and people like Hinata, Sakura, etc. didn't die from the attack. So i didn't think that there will be such a revival since apart from Kakashi nobody else of the named cast died, and even Kakashi's death was not confirmed (some magic chakra stuff could still get him back to life somehow). But then it happened. One could argue if the mass revival was only because the author wanted Naruto to become a hero or it was also that in such shonen manga mass murder is not allowed (although in flashbacks that happens sometimes). But the current situation is almost the same as that one: there was mass murdering and there's a hero who wants to save everyone. Moreover murdering is not yet finished, there's Madara and the 10-tails and the alliance army is trying to help which obviously is not a good idea when the 10-tails can fire his giant chakra laser into the crowd. So i can see a good chance that if the mass murdering continues and finally even named characters are killed then in the end Naruto will have to make a miracle, otherwise all the ninjas of the Narutoverse will die in this war. And then only children and civilians would be left when Naruto returns from the war and he'll have to explain that almost all 80,000 have died in the war to protect him and save the world. Naruto also made clear when he broke out from the hiding place that he wants to save his friends, but currently it does not look like he can both fight Madara and make sure that his friends are not accidentally annihilated by a random demon-chakra-ball that he accidentally deflected in the wrong direction.

But most importantly i hope for an extreme ending of this war, where even Naruto's closest friends are killed, but that clearly cannot happen if they are not revived. So if Naruto can revive them in the very end of this war that means that the author is completely free to do anything with them in the plot, even kill them in various ways, and that in my opinion would make the plot much more interesting. When Naruto fought Pain/Nagato the death of Hinata was not possible, since then nobody would believe that Naruto calms down and forgives Nagato, but here it's clear that Naruto doesn't have to forgive Madara or Obito so there's no need to spare anyone for that reason.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 20:15   Link #67
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
And i was one of them lol
Prior to that Kishimoto made sure that many of the ninja are out on missions, the civilians were taken to shelters and people like Hinata, Sakura, etc. didn't die from the attack. So i didn't think that there will be such a revival since apart from Kakashi nobody else of the named cast died, and even Kakashi's death was not confirmed (some magic chakra stuff could still get him back to life somehow). But then it happened. One could argue if the mass revival was only because the author wanted Naruto to become a hero or it was also that in such shonen manga mass murder is not allowed (although in flashbacks that happens sometimes). But the current situation is almost the same as that one: there was mass murdering and there's a hero who wants to save everyone. Moreover murdering is not yet finished, there's Madara and the 10-tails and the alliance army is trying to help which obviously is not a good idea when the 10-tails can fire his giant chakra laser into the crowd. So i can see a good chance that if the mass murdering continues and finally even named characters are killed then in the end Naruto will have to make a miracle, otherwise all the ninjas of the Narutoverse will die in this war. And then only children and civilians would be left when Naruto returns from the war and he'll have to explain that almost all 80,000 have died in the war to protect him and save the world. Naruto also made clear when he broke out from the hiding place that he wants to save his friends, but currently it does not look like he can both fight Madara and make sure that his friends are not accidentally annihilated by a random demon-chakra-ball that he accidentally deflected in the wrong direction.

But most importantly i hope for an extreme ending of this war, where even Naruto's closest friends are killed, but that clearly cannot happen if they are not revived. So if Naruto can revive them in the very end of this war that means that the author is completely free to do anything with them in the plot, even kill them in various ways, and that in my opinion would make the plot much more interesting. When Naruto fought Pain/Nagato the death of Hinata was not possible, since then nobody would believe that Naruto calms down and forgives Nagato, but here it's clear that Naruto doesn't have to forgive Madara or Obito so there's no need to spare anyone for that reason.
Kakashi's "death" was kind of confusing cos it wasn't that Pain killed him, but he broke his own limits and the scene in which he was talking with his father looked more like a preparation for the afterlife. Naruto believed Kakashi was dead but that was because he in Sage Mode he could sense others' chakra and Kakashi was extremely exhausted.
Old 2012-11-27, 20:16   Link #68
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoku Keenan View Post
Obito is definitely going to betray Madara because of Kakashi's influence......I hope I'm wrong and it gets a bit more complex than that.
We would be running out of villains and it doesn't look like Sasuke would join Madara!
Old 2012-11-28, 00:23   Link #69
james0246

Started the new thread a little early this week...because I want to go to bed . Please move all relevant discussions to the new thread.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 02:50   Link #70
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
wall of text which I did read but don't need to repeat
To be completely fair, Naruto never actually forgave Nagato. He just did not wish to kill him.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote