Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-06-11, 03:04   Link #1641
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
You mean you can place orders with custom options for Dolfie?

Does this apply to all Dolfie?

I think I starting to see why Dolfie fans and collectors are 1 step above us normal collectors. I saw a Dolfie group some time ago in my favourite shop and they had a few Dolfies, but everyone was gathering to look at their Rozen Maiden and Haruhi dolls like they were super rare treasures.

I'd really love to have the Yoko Dolfie that's coming up, but I probably can't pay for that lol

It depends of every shop but when you're a bit renamed in this world is pretty easy to obtain certain favorotism xDDDDDDD

BTW costumizing a dolfie is pretty easy... I've costumized a DOD Petsha to look like Suiginto (and the result wasn't that much bad xD)
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 18:33   Link #1642
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
I told myself I wouldn't get more figures, but I ended up getting the Alter Nagato Yuki (school uniform version). I have to say, her expression is even more amazing up close.
Old 2009-06-11, 20:18   Link #1643
alamarco
Why hello there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
I told myself I wouldn't get more figures, but I ended up getting the Alter Nagato Yuki (school uniform version). I have to say, her expression is even more amazing up close.
Once addicted, always addicted.

I keep telling myself that as well, but as of now I have 2 figures and 1 trading figure set on pre-order. I don't think it's possible to quit, it's always like smoking, but we don't got any patches.
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 20:37   Link #1644
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
A friend just recently pre-ordered me one of these: http://www.hlj.com/product/GSC96521

To go with my: http://www.hlj.com/product/GSC96508 she gave me for my bday. ^^;

Spoiler for Figure:
Awesome beyond belief. I was looking at that figure, but I don't have the guts to let all that money fly out my pocket at once. I'm gonna try getting a cheap figure and seeing if I'm cut out for this business yet; then I'll start going hardcore. I admire you, Asako.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
You mean you can place orders with custom options for Dolfie?

Does this apply to all Dolfie?
They've been doing this for quite a while for Super Dollfies (13), and I think Dollfie Dreams too. They have this mail order service where you can fill out some papers specifically stating what you want on your Dollfie (I want these legs, that head, those arms, this torso, and make sure they're all this skin tone. I'd also like that pretty little wig, and those eyes right there, I could stare into them all day, and make the makeup on my doll look like [insert picture of some other makeup'd doll or celebrity or something]). Send off your wish list, and you get your dream child a few months later. Mind you, this can be pretty pricey, but there're a lot of Super Dollfie wigs, eyes, and body parts that are offered only through this service. So you can ease the pain on you wallet a little by selling off these near priceless little treasures on eBay for twice what you paid for it.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2009-06-11 at 22:03.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 22:13   Link #1645
Starburst
Horo♥

<3 the GSC Shiki. She has a cute face, and while the pose is simplistic I find the figure quite attractive. The subtle pink and the detail in the paintwork. I'm happy with my purchase for sure.

Now considering the other Shiki GSC makes.
Starburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 22:27   Link #1646
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburst View Post
<3 the GSC Shiki. She has a cute face, and while the pose is simplistic I find the figure quite attractive. The subtle pink and the detail in the paintwork. I'm happy with my purchase for sure.

Now considering the other Shiki GSC makes.
Love the pink attire Shiki. But even though the other Shiki has a much cooler pose, she's seriously lacking in clothing style. Just regular school uniform. Cool looks, but boring clothes. Meh
Old 2009-06-11, 22:52   Link #1647
Starburst
Horo♥

I thought the other had her in another kimono and her red leather jacket... there's a school uniform Shiki?
Starburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 22:54   Link #1648
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburst View Post
I thought the other had her in another kimono and her red leather jacket... there's a school uniform Shiki?
Wait a sec I don't know what I'm talking about... sorry bout that. ;;
Old 2009-06-13, 03:33   Link #1649
Revan21

I bought a KOTOBUKIYA Shining Wind - Elwing 1/8 PVC figure yesterday

Old 2009-06-14, 20:54   Link #1650
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alamarco View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
Once addicted, always addicted.

I keep telling myself that as well, but as of now I have 2 figures and 1 trading figure set on pre-order. I don't think it's possible to quit, it's always like smoking, but we don't got any patches.
I'm a victim of this as well

I keep teling myself I'm gonna stop pre-ordering new figures and just search for the rare oldies that I missed at the time of release.
e.g. There are a lot of old and 'hard to find' Chun-Li and Shiranui Mai figures that I'm always on the lookout for. I keep "planning" to limit myself to these type that I REALLY want, but I ended up getting the Nagato mentioned above (not that this one wasn't worth it)

Btw, something random I came across on another forum:
http://forums.zero-type.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2337
Does anyone living in UK know where to find these raisers/cubes for cheaper?

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 02:49   Link #1651
Amon81

My figurines are far more manly:

I've never really been a fan of them but I do own a few, all of them are Devilman.

Spoiler for space saving:

I like my kits more:

I've got an EVA-02 I made as well, all of which I imported from Japan and built myself.
Amon81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 15:58   Link #1652
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Nice collection there Amon81, I guess you're an old-school anime fan like me

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 17:02   Link #1653
Amon81

Very much so
Old 2009-07-06, 03:05   Link #1654
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

OLD REVOLTECH ORGANICS.

Dante from Devil May Cry and Revy from Black Lagoon

Revoltech Neo's Leina and Kenshiro

All

Presonally I like Revoltech Organic's Revy's @SS than Leina's. They should have stick to the old "DAT @$$" design.
I think the way I posed them says it all why I love poseable figures.
Old 2009-07-06, 17:31   Link #1655
Kudryavka

A question to figurine collectors: Why is it that a lot of distributors only accept preorders for figurines? Are all figurines made in a "Make as many orderd are placed" fashion?
Old 2009-07-06, 20:43   Link #1656
dfens

I've never heard of pre-orders only. I do know that most of the time certain figures or a lot of them are sold out by pre-order sales alone. So once that happens usually it's out of production and they can't order any more from the manufacture so even if their is orders for more they just can't fill them.

Take for example my new Figma Reika from Gantz. The place I pre-ordered sold out within 3 hours of taking orders. They said if they could get more they would accept more orders. Well since it was a limited run numbers wise that didn't happen, and they started taking orders 3 months before the release date.

Also you have to take into account that trying to track down something after release date is very hard, so it's best to pre-order it, or buy at time of release.

Sometimes people cancel a order or someone doesn't pay or the demand just wasn't high as expected and the vendor still has some in stock for sale even months after release.

So that's why it's best to pre-order to guarantee one is put aside for you, or you run the risk of not getting one or paying over retail on places like Ebay.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 03:34   Link #1657
Amon81

I'm a bit upset One I'd love to get is discontinued.

I saw Yukikaze a few days ago ad was looking into getting a coulple of the planes not bad prices but I'd of loved the Banchee IV.

http://www.hlj.com/product/OMTGK-01

One that someone made, how sweet it that! Alot thats an amazing paint job!

http://forum.heavyarmourstudio.com/y...71%3Bstart=all

Its a big thing too 38cm wide, at 1/4000 a guy on that forum worked out that the planes in it would be 4.5mm.
Old 2009-07-07, 09:55   Link #1658
DidCart

Do you guys know the best website to import kits from Japan?
I'm really interested in making one.
DidCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 12:54   Link #1659
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88

(A bit blurry... my hands were shaking)
Old 2009-07-07, 13:34   Link #1660
Amon81

Quote:
Originally Posted by DidCart View Post
Do you guys know the best website to import kits from Japan?
I'm really interested in making one.
http://www.hlj.com/

Is a great one, but you can get nailed in customs charges.