Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-08, 19:24   Link #861
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
I separated it from my quip concerning your comment about casuals and gamers, it wasn't connected to it.
Ah~ Got it.

Quote:
yeah... I'm referring to the conference. It's a conference all about the 3DS, so it has to be important.
I think it will be important too.
Definitely looking forward to it though.
Well, we'll all see soon.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 02:26   Link #862
Sides

Biohazard Revelations TGS PV?

Capcom seem to be a bit busy with the 3DS, MHtriG this year and BHrev next year. The 3rd wave of games looks kind of promising, in terms of visuals, i hope that the audio will improve as well, the audio samples in mercenaries were just horrible. Now that capcom can do it, pulling off some decent visuals on the handheld, what will the other devs/publishers do?

Some scans over on nintendoeverything.com

Last edited by Sides; 2011-09-09 at 03:14. Reason: added link to screens/scans
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 03:05   Link #863
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Biohazard Revelations TGS PV?
I can excuse the boobs, I am used to it these days. But the HAIR? The hair is a disaster. Who in their right mind would have a hairstyle like that during combat unless they are already blind?

She better get her hair tied back quickly, or the studio messed up on designing a credible character.

The only characters allowed to block their own vision are the aforementioned blind people or those with magical powers.
Old 2011-09-09, 03:53   Link #864
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
No, I was just wondering why it was so surprising.
My question is, why can't i be surprised? I mean you automatically thought i was bashing the 3DS with my surprise.

& damn, the Biohazard Revelations video is no longer available.
Old 2011-09-09, 05:50   Link #865
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The hair is a disaster. Who in their right mind would have a hairstyle like that during combat unless they are already blind?
It's a japanese thing? Man that hair looks awful. But Capcom's support for the 3DS is looking really good, good on them.
By the way, here's the vid again:

Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 06:00   Link #866
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
It's a japanese thing?
There are many characters with obstructive hair, but they are usually badasses who do not seem to be affected by their inability to see.

Indeed, I would have been more forgiving if the new character wasn't so hopelessly weak. As it stands the inability to fight is associated with a self-induced visual impairment.

Weak character? Fine. Character who can't see because the hair is in the way? Fine. But put these two traits together and you end up with a comical character who can't tie her own shoelaces together properly.
Old 2011-09-09, 09:50   Link #867
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

It's nice that Nintendo tried to compensate those who bought a 3DS at the original price, but that doesn't mean they can't be criticised on how. I for one don't think that a handful of old games that are pre-selected are a good compensation. What makes it even worse is that they're a hackjob. The Ambassadors are pretty much being used as beta testers for their latest scheme designed to milk their old games all over again.

As for the 3DS redesign that is going to include a second analog stick, remember that the source of that rumor is the same one that revealed the Wii U. It could very well be true that the 3DS is getting a relaunch. Nintendo really needs to do their best against the PS Vita.

Rehashes of Nintendo franchises can sustain a console, but it can't make it dominate. Just look at the GameCube.

Finally, Monster Hunter was't the only factor in saving the PSP. Square-Enix's offerings and Sega's Phantasy Star Portable also helped a lot.
Old 2011-09-09, 09:59   Link #868
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
It's nice that Nintendo tried to compensate those who bought a 3DS at the original price, but that doesn't mean they can't be criticised on how. I for one don't think that a handful of old games that are pre-selected are a good compensation. What makes it even worse is that they're a hackjob. The Ambassadors are pretty much being used as beta testers for their latest scheme designed to milk their old games all over again.
A valid argument, but they could've just not done anything as well. It's like looking a gift horse in the mouth. It doesn't mean they're free of criticism, but it was done as a gesture of good will if anything. They didn't foresee the 3DS having a lackluster launch that would force the price drop, so coming up with this at the last minute is satisfactory enough for me. I wouldn't go as far as call it a hackjob, because that's rather extreme.

Quote:
Finally, Monster Hunter was't the only factor in saving the PSP. Square-Enix's offerings and Sega's Phantasy Star Portable also helped a lot.
Probably not the only factor, but it certainly was the biggest factor considering the massive hit that it is.
Old 2011-09-09, 11:49   Link #869
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
My question is, why can't i be surprised? I mean you automatically thought i was bashing the 3DS with my surprise.

Didn't say you can't. Just wondering why you were so sur... Hmm? Is our conversation starting to go through an infinite loop? ∑(゜∀゜)

Quote:
But never fear, the newest play video for Senran Kagura exists!
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1315579262

Quote:
No, Monster Hunter is so significant that there are people in JP (internet) that even say that the PSP existed solely to play Monster Hunter. And from the sells charts that you see in Nintendo's conferences, it always tends to spike because of Monster Hunter...

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-09-10, 15:08   Link #870
Sides

OMG first battle screens of Beyond the Labyrinth

Famitsu has an article up on konami/tri-ace's Beyond the Labyrinth, read more on famitsu.com
The article includes screen of the battle system. If looks interesting, considering Tri-Ace's last experiment with different/new battle system in End of Eternity, i have faith it will turn out being fun.
Old 2011-09-10, 15:39   Link #871
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Famitsu has an article up on konami/tri-ace's Beyond the Labyrinth, read more on famitsu.com
The article includes screen of the battle system. If looks interesting, considering Tri-Ace's last experiment with different/new battle system in End of Eternity, i have faith it will turn out being fun.
Wow, those backgrounds look stunning for a 3DS title. I'm certainly impressed.

Needs to be more steampunk like Resonance of Fate.
Old 2011-09-10, 15:41   Link #872
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

I took a look at screens through my 3DS in 3D and I concur, it looks pretty solid.
Old 2011-09-10, 19:07   Link #873
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Has anyone played Star Fox 64 3D yet?
Old 2011-09-11, 01:28   Link #874
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Has anyone played Star Fox 64 3D yet?
Yeah i played it in 1997 and have fond memories of it, although most of it is blurred by the many years that have passed since then. I heard there is a new Star Fox on the 3DS? Took them long enough! Whats this one about? I hope they have a really fresh story and new designs because they sure can't just use the old ones, i mean, that would be crazy, right?

right?
Old 2011-09-11, 04:06   Link #875
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
I heard there is a new Star Fox on the 3DS? Took them long enough! Whats this one about?
I asked if anyone has played the 3DS release, and you answered with "Yeah i played it in 1997 and have fond memories of it".
Old 2011-09-11, 07:41   Link #876
Leo Keichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
Yeah i played it in 1997 and have fond memories of it, although most of it is blurred by the many years that have passed since then. I heard there is a new Star Fox on the 3DS? Took them long enough! Whats this one about? I hope they have a really fresh story and new designs because they sure can't just use the old ones, i mean, that would be crazy, right?

right?
Yeah, I played it back then, too. I can still remember some of the catchphrases until now.

"hey, Einstein, I'm on your side!"
"Fox, take this guy off me"
"It's too hot. I can't take it anymore!"
lol

I'm so hoping for a new Star Fox (the DS game doesn't really count for me). But this is the old one, with better graphics, the same thing they did with Ocarina of Time. It's totally recommended for who never played the N64 version, though.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 01:14   Link #877
Sides

Theatrhythym: Final fantasy

Change my mind, it doesn't look too bad. If the audio quality is good and we get a lot of tracks, I am in.
Old 2011-09-12, 06:00   Link #878
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Oh god, they've ported over dat PSX CG. It looks rather fun
Old 2011-09-12, 23:58   Link #879
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Some stuff I cared about from the conference...

Zelda Skyward Sword - 11/23/2011
The new enemy (the one with the sword and teleports around) looked really interesting.
Unlike America, the crowd in Japan isn't so much for funs and laughs...

Pokepark 2 - 2011
Pokepark... Not that there is a problem, but I would prefer Pokemon Snap!

Pink 3DS for girls!
Why not?

Paper Mario, Mario Tennis, Luigi Mansion, Mario 3DS, Mario Olympics, Mario Cart...
Lots... and lots... of Mario.
I personally liked Mario Tennis for the GB. You know, the one where you play as a human in the academy?

Animal Cross - 2012

Girl's Mode

Bravely Default
The illustration is pretty... "nice".
It's "ry"...

Miku - 3/2012

Stupid scamming BandaiNamco's Ace Combat and Tekken
How much of the game is gonna by DLC?

Love Plus - 12/8/2011

Kid Icarus - 2012, first quarter
Really looking forward to it... Go, Sakurai, make us a great game!

Monster Hunter 3 - 12/10
And Hunter 4...
Why introduce 4 along with 3? To tell people "Hey, we aren't going to move back to the Sony system, so stop waiting, buy a 3DS, and buy 3"?

And some other stuff were introduced too, but I didn't note them.

MORE IMPORTANTLY...!
FINALLY, a new Fire Emblem game!
YES!

Old 2011-09-13, 00:05   Link #880
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
MORE IMPORTANTLY...!
FINALLY, a new Fire Emblem game!
YES!
Indeed. Now, NoA, confirm a localization. And Japan/importers, confirm that it isn't a ridiculous cakewalk that makes any semblance of strategy a handicap (re: Radiant Dawn).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds