AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 35 50.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 21.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 21.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-08, 00:38   Link #21
keroro gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
I hope they do a third season but as a Neo K-On meaning Azusa and other band members since K-On is not only about Yui, Mio, Mugi and Ritsu.
I agree you. Azusa is the only character,who can show us new LMC & K-on episodes. I guess that K-on must be the show of highschool girls ! They are not adults and not children,they are highschool students.
In highschool days , we are restrainted by many reasons(money,exams,how to live after graduation,etc). But , at the same time we can get close friends,we can take many first experiences !!!
In college, we are few restrainted in our life,but the degrees of emotions grow weak or small.... I guess this is why many Japanese anime had highschool storyline.
Old 2010-09-08, 01:29   Link #22
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroro gunsou View Post
I agree you. Azusa is the only character,who can show us new LMC & K-on episodes. I guess that K-on must be the show of high school girls ! They are not adults and not children,they are high school students.
In high school days , we are restrained by many reasons(money,exams,how to live after graduation,etc). But , at the same time we can get close friends,we can take many first experiences !!!
In college, we are few restrained in our life,but the degrees of emotions grow weak or small.... I guess this is why many Japanese anime had high school storyline.
Exactly and they introduced so many other side characters.....do you smell something? I smell the possibilities of putting these characters into a new K-On! Heck yeah!
Old 2010-09-08, 02:07   Link #23
keroro gunsou

Quote:
Exactly and they introduced so many other side characters.....do you smell something? I smell the possibilities of putting these characters into a new K-On! Heck yeah!
You are right !
I want to add only one point. There are many episodes in which the stories go from Azusa eye like ep22. She was so lonely,even when she was laughing with Senpais. Maybe she hoped to become same grade of school with 4Senpais.
But she have to move on !!! This situation is the possibility of seoson3,isnt it?
And there are many side characters,as you say,who shoud join LMC !!!
Old 2010-09-08, 03:13   Link #24
Francismeunier
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
You are right !
I want to add only one point. There are many episodes in which the stories go from Azusa eye like ep22. She was so lonely,even when she was laughing with Senpais. Maybe she hoped to become same grade of school with 4Senpais.
But she have to move on !!! This situation is the possibility of seoson3,isnt it?
And there are many side characters,as you say,who shoud join LMC !!!
I just had the idea that Ui can learn most likely the guitar and for change they could make Jun have a saxophone since she is in the jazz club. Could change the piano too to maybe something else but still think the drums should be kept.
Old 2010-09-08, 07:56   Link #25
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Rewatching it, I noticed that they didn't forget Honey Sweet Tea Time after all...

Man, I wanna hear it...;__;
Old 2010-09-08, 08:38   Link #26
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Feels more like a buildup episode, but it was nice to see them hanging around school when all the third years are gone. I thought Mugi would have a cute last-thing-to-do-at-school wish, but no - just cleaning windows, lol.

The part with Azusa and Mio getting embarrassed at hearing their recorded voices was cute. I can identify with that feeling
Old 2010-09-08, 09:45   Link #27
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
I just had the idea that Ui can learn most likely the guitar and for change they could make Jun have a saxophone since she is in the jazz club. Could change the piano too to maybe something else but still think the drums should be kept.
The Sakura High Light Music Club post-Hokago Tea Time is guitar heavy as it is. We already know Ui has the Hirasawa Instant-Learning perk like her sister, and could play the guitar so well in season one that when she tried to substitute for a sick Yui (by coming in disguised as Yui,) the first inkling the others got that something was off was that "Yui" was keeping perfect time.

Both Azusa and Jun are guitar players. One could shift to bass, maybe Jun. Ui could pick up drums, or become the lead singer and lyrical visionary. Then they'd just need a fourth to satisfy the school's policies.
Old 2010-09-08, 09:53   Link #28
ElizLestrad

Quote:
I agree you. Azusa is the only character,who can show us new LMC & K-on episodes. I guess that K-on must be the show of highschool girls ! They are not adults and not children,they are highschool students.
In highschool days , we are restrainted by many reasons(money,exams,how to live after graduation,etc). But , at the same time we can get close friends,we can take many first experiences !!!
In college, we are few restrainted in our life,but the degrees of emotions grow weak or small.... I guess this is why many Japanese anime had highschool storyline.
Im hoping we get lucky and they find some way to cover both groups. I just can't image K-On without Mugi...well...and the others too.
Old 2010-09-08, 10:05   Link #29
keroro gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
The Sakura High Light Music Club post-Hokago Tea Time is guitar heavy as it is. We already know Ui has the Hirasawa Instant-Learning perk like her sister, and could play the guitar so well in season one that when she tried to substitute for a sick Yui (by coming in disguised as Yui,) the first inkling the others got that something was off was that "Yui" was keeping perfect time.

Both Azusa and Jun are guitar players. One could shift to bass, maybe Jun. Ui could pick up drums, or become the lead singer and lyrical visionary. Then they'd just need a fourth to satisfy the school's policies.
Wow! Perfect analysis !!! Ummm, in anytime it is the school's policies that many many students are disturbed their hope...
Old 2010-09-08, 10:18   Link #30
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:

Jun is already a bass player (Main reason why she admires Mio so much and note that she forgets her bass in EP5) and the Anime retconned Ui into having some experience with the piano/keyboard (see EP 5 again and compare that with Ui's profile which says that Ui has no previous experience with musical instruments). The main person they need to continue is a drummer actually.
Old 2010-09-08, 10:48   Link #31
keroro gunsou

Now I watched 2ch,which has huge anime fans forlums.
Many many japanese anime fans concluded that season 3 of K-on never come out....
I am sad. K-on(,and 5cm per second, lucky star) is a few anime which reminds me of my highscool days!!! It was funnest days in my life...
I have to say thanks to K-on, I really enjoy every episodes.

I am living in Japan,I am Japanese!!!
So I have to say thanks for your loving our cultures ,to everyone in this forlum.

Last edited by keroro gunsou; 2010-09-08 at 11:40.
Old 2010-09-08, 12:37   Link #32
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I graduated two years ago. I remember at this time of the year, I was busy mugging for my GCE 'A' Levels.

Those years I spend in school are certainly more memorable than it is in prep-uni today - messing around, going for the bi-weekly ensemble practice, having fun with my friends and working my ass off part-time during weekends - those are the memories I couldn't forget.

Though I messed up my life by not studying hard enough, those days are really what I cherished - before my school shifted campus there was a fundraiser held, walking around and such for class organised events, a dunking machine was called in by one of my senior's classes and we paid to dunk our home tutor.

Like every graduate during the last day, we don't look back, but we kept those days deep in our minds because we know that we may never meet the people there again.

The best days of life are meant to be remembered, not to be cried over.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-09-08, 13:17   Link #33
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

I'm with the Francis fella in saying that K-On in its entirety was quite a phenomenon. Sad to see it go. Wait, this means no Budokan. That wasn't part of the deal, KyoAni. THAT WASN'T PART OF THE DEAL.

I had to laugh at Azusa's "You're still here?". Though I recall doing the same thing on my last day of high school - visiting the old clubs, teachers, kicking it with the old crew. Funny thing was the following year we were invited back again to perform.

That stuff aside, not much going on this episode. Padding their entire day until it was after school and staying as long as possible afterward. Though it IS winter, so I doubt it was too long after school. Seeing Honey Sweet Time on the tracklist surprised me. I was under the impression that it was eaten up by U&I (ie. Yui was the lyrics and Mugi the melody). Vol. 2 is an even more surprising thought. For the lack of music in general with the show, this thing racked up quite a number of tracks in the end. Not expecting anything great for the last episode but I am expecting a few tears. Again.
Old 2010-09-08, 13:59   Link #34
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

The only thing I expect out of next episode is that Azusa will finally and truly break down to pieces and bawl her eyes out. We know she's deathly afraid to find the clubroom empty once she gets out of class and though she tries hard to keep her composure, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before she can take no more and finally start showing her true feelings (as well as how much she has gotten attached to Yui and co.).

As for this episode, I like how we finally got to see the actual tape they keep showing us in the eyecatch and title screen and how this show has now pretty much come full-circle, now that the main 4 are about to graduate and the LMC is open for new members again (and one member short if both Ui and Jun stick to their promise and join Azusa).

And over the three years it's been active, this band has produced (at least) 9 songs, two of which we have yet to hear (Can't Stop the Strawberry Parfait and Honey Sweet Tea Time) and several others that have never gotten out of the concept phase (the lyrics Mio wrote in episode 17). For a small band like this, I think that's quite impressive.
Old 2010-09-08, 17:29   Link #35
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
We also know that is the only way to distinguish them because during the 22nd episode Ui got into Yui's hairstyle and did not make a difference in appearance only the way she acted.
Quote:
I though club members much be 5 in clubs. Ui should also pick up the guitar and be the lead singer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
The only thing I expect out of next episode is that Azusa will finally and truly break down to pieces and bawl her eyes out. We know she's deathly afraid to find the clubroom empty once she gets out of class and though she tries hard to keep her composure, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before she can take no more and finally start showing her true feelings (as well as how much she has gotten attached to Yui and co.).
If you go on page one I wrote a site that was talking about that. There might be problems in regards to some fans making a suicide run because of that. If so then this anime affected more people emotionally than I though. Originally I emotionally attached a lot to all the girls but none in particularly except maybe Ritsu's accent.
Quote:
As for this episode, I like how we finally got to see the actual tape they keep showing us in the eye-catch and title screen and how this show has now pretty much come full-circle, now that the main 4 are about to graduate and the LMC is open for new members again (and one member short if both Ui and Jun stick to their promise and join Azusa).
Yeah the tape was definitely that most crucial thing to leave as a memory for this club's future members.
Quote:
And over the three years it's been active, this band has produced (at least) 9 songs, two of which we have yet to hear (Can't Stop the Strawberry Parfait and Honey Sweet Tea Time) and several others that have never gotten out of the concept phase (the lyrics Mio wrote in episode 17). For a small band like this, I think that's quite impressive.
I am sure Mio's songs will be out as a special character album but you do know it will be a bout animals. The beat therefore must be good to put you into the mood of that unless her voice charms you a lot.

Last edited by Francismeunier; 2010-09-08 at 17:48.
Old 2010-09-08, 18:07   Link #36
Peanutbutter

Looks like the floodgates will be out the next episode.

I do wonder what the two extra episodes will cover.
Old 2010-09-08, 18:10   Link #37
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

The male TV reporter talking at the beginning of the episode, some of you may recognize is voiced by Shiraishi Minoru, who also voiced Taniguchi in Haruhi, played himself on Lucky Channel and sang all those lovely EDs in the second half of Lucky Star.
Old 2010-09-08, 20:12   Link #38
Moogie
quick scopes anyone?

If i was sawa-chan. I'd use my teacher powers to fail all of them and make them stay another year.. or two.
Old 2010-09-08, 22:23   Link #39
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogie View Post
If i was sawa-chan. I'd use my teacher powers to fail all of them and make them stay another year.. or two.
Heck yeah! I would do the same thing too! Somehow the parents might be angry but it would have been better like that.
Old 2010-09-09, 00:57   Link #40
itzglez
♫♫♪

bittersweet memories I'm fund of looking back that is high school. Yui reminded me of myself collecting those little notes and I still have them lock up tight in a box. seriously I'll miss K-On for sure.

~sigh~
Closed Thread