AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-27, 15:19   Link #81
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
now that the series has finished...what about an "overall series impressions" thread? :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-27, 15:53   Link #82
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Could we have a thread about the special that is set to air this summer.

Link
Old 2007-06-28, 12:46   Link #83
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
now that the series has finished...what about an "overall series impressions" thread? :3
It's a bit early... but Thread created

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Could we have a thread about the special that is set to air this summer.

Link
The link isn't working at the moment, and since I'm clueless on the matter, decision delayed.
Old 2007-06-28, 12:53   Link #84
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
The link isn't working at the moment, and since I'm clueless on the matter, decision delayed.
It seems that Anime Online are down at the moment.

Check again later --- seeing as though it is news on a special to air in the summer.
Old 2007-06-28, 14:17   Link #85
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Thread about the special episode created.
Old 2007-07-02, 23:37   Link #86
Hornswoggle

I'd like to find out more or see some discussion on this news: http://www.animenation.net/news/index.php?id=11369 from Anime Nation. It reports that they will re-air the Death Note series in Japan in prime-time with some newly created material. Sounds awesome!
Old 2007-07-07, 11:58   Link #87
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornswoggle View Post
I'd like to find out more or see some discussion on this news: http://www.animenation.net/news/index.php?id=11369 from Anime Nation. It reports that they will re-air the Death Note series in Japan in prime-time with some newly created material. Sounds awesome!
Honestly I don't see much discussion here if not speculations based on something we don't have a clue about. How about waiting this re-airing to see what the new elements are? (so to have something concrete to discuss)

I have 2 requests !
  1. Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maes Hughes View Post
    If no-one else does before episode 37 is subbed, I'll *try* to organize 27-37.
    I see that Maes Hughes is not around at the moment, anyone willing to complete his work about dividing Death Note into arcs so that we can make a poll ? Check the previous page for detail, from post 72 to 78.
    All that's left is the task of dividing into arcs the episodes from 27 to 37 (I'd say three would do, though I leave it at your own judgement).

2. I need 20 names to make a final favorite characters poll. Of course with the character of the whole series, so we will be seeing L and Mello, Watari and Near all together in the same poll. The number of names doesn't strictly need to be 20, but that is the maximum number, so less is fine but no more
Old 2007-07-08, 23:32   Link #88
Renchan

Hmm, let's see...
Light
L
M
N
Misa
Aizawa
Yagami Souichirou
Mikami
Takada
Matsuda
Ryuk
Rem
Matt
Watari
aaah, I only found 14 names...
Old 2007-07-09, 03:12   Link #89
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Thanks. I've added some names to make 20.

L
Yagami Light
Amane Misa
Ryuk
Watari
Rem
Penber Raye
Misora Naomi
Yagami Soichiro
Matsuda Tota
Aizawa Shuichi
Mogi Kanzo
Yagami Sayu
Higuchi Kyousuke
Mello (M)
Near (N)
Matt
Kiyomi Takada
Teru Mikami
Gevanni Stephen

I added the police members (such as Mogi, Aizawa) and Higuchi, because he was a DN owner. Also Gevanni, for his great importance on the last episodes. Is there someone missing (in that case I should replace one of the above)? If there are no objections I'll create the poll as it stands.
Perhaps I should include Hideki Ide as well.. hmmm.
Old 2007-07-09, 07:39   Link #90
Draender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
I added the police members (such as Mogi, Aizawa) and Higuchi, because he was a DN owner. Also Gevanni, for his great importance on the last episodes. Is there someone missing (in that case I should replace one of the above)? If there are no objections I'll create the poll as it stands.
Perhaps I should include Hideki Ide as well.. hmmm.
Ide was just Aizawa's old partner. He didn't do anything by himself throughout the series.

You could remove Raye Penber from the list because ultimately he was just a victim like Hirokazu Ukita.

You should add SPK member Halle Lidner; She was also important throughout the final story arc.
Old 2007-07-09, 10:26   Link #91
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draender View Post
Ide was just Aizawa's old partner. He didn't do anything by himself throughout the series.

You could remove Raye Penber from the list because ultimately he was just a victim like Hirokazu Ukita.

You should add SPK member Halle Lidner; She was also important throughout the final story arc.
I listened to your suggestions. The major characters are all there after all.

Thread created
Old 2007-07-14, 12:44   Link #92
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
This whole deathnote should be under "Older Series" instead of "Current Series"
Old 2007-07-15, 21:13   Link #93
mishka

I think now that the series is over it'd b nice to add a poll to the "morality discussion thread" and see exactly how many people are on Light's side and how many on L's....Just a thought.
Old 2007-08-26, 01:05   Link #94
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
Since Death Note is premiering on Canadian TV in less than two weeks, can we get a new thread for the dubbed version?
Old 2007-12-02, 19:44   Link #95
Super Ska Master

What about an English dub impression thread? I wanted to discuss the english version, because it's actually not that bad. =P
Old 2007-12-06, 18:07   Link #96
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperidge View Post
Since Death Note is premiering on Canadian TV in less than two weeks, can we get a new thread for the dubbed version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ska Master View Post
What about an English dub impression thread? I wanted to discuss the english version, because it's actually not that bad. =P
Sounds good since I like the dub as well so The Dubbing of Death Note thread is now open.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-01-18, 14:27   Link #97
mrsticky005
Banned

I originally wrote this on Death Note anime.com http://www.deathnoteanime.com/forums...showtopic=4545

it's an timeline of basically all major events (and some minor ones) in the Death Note series according to the manga. I don't know if there already is a topic on it but if there isn't could you make a thread for a "Death Note timeline?" (also by the way though it's kind of obvious, it has spoilers) and if there is a thread already could you tell me which one? thanks
Old 2008-02-18, 12:58   Link #98
sunchips18
shinobi of darkness

since i made one for naruto and am asking to make one for bleach i thought it would be cool to make one for death note. it i a if you were to make your own episode of death note what would it be like
Old 2008-03-01, 01:34   Link #99
Digital Rain

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but I'd like to see a "Would you follow Kira?" post. It could be a poll with simple, yes or no answers, and people could say why they would or wouldn't follow him, perhaps assuming there would be no consequence for going against him.

It's just a thought, I'm interested in where people's opinions lie.
Old 2008-03-06, 11:06   Link #100
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Rain View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but I'd like to see a "Would you follow Kira?" post. It could be a poll with simple, yes or no answers, and people could say why they would or wouldn't follow him, perhaps assuming there would be no consequence for going against him.

It's just a thought, I'm interested in where people's opinions lie.
Hmmm intriguing but could the same thing be discussed in Morality in Death Note? since that is where ppl debate if Kira was right or wrong. If you can come up with something different but equally as good for a thread Ill make it. Submit your idea here please.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Closed Thread