AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Episode 11 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 65 43.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 24.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 14.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 8.72%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.34%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.67%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-28, 20:18   Link #181
Raiga
tl;dr

It's sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy, when you think about it... he saw that the computer predicted he would be a NEET, and gave up largely because of that, thus ensuring that he'd become a NEET.

Kinda like Minority Report... sort of. Except with no weird murder paradox.
Old 2009-06-29, 01:42   Link #182
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

o i c

I thought the computer just predicted him being a neet for the next 30 years. I must have missed that scene.
Old 2009-06-29, 03:13   Link #183
be0wulf
it's friday

Send a message via MSN to be0wulf
The "bang" at the end was really lame. It failed when Gantz reused it, it failed here.

http://www.chunlikickedme.tumblr.com
Old 2009-06-30, 03:07   Link #184
reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by be0wulf View Post
The "bang" at the end was really lame. It failed when Gantz reused it, it failed here.
Agree. Akira plot ain't that good either
Old 2009-07-06, 00:34   Link #185
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Damn, so they intend to milk not one, but two more cows. This is like some smart marketing strategy - after showing half a series, they decide: "Oh hey, another two blocks of 30min isn't going to work out the whole story - let's make two blocks of 2 hours each!"

Man, this is like some big joke or something. Like say, Evangelion.
So here's a question: is making 2 seasons or 1 season+2films more economically savvy?
Then again, it's I.G. I like to think them as this decade's Gainax. After all, they were behind GitS.
Old 2009-07-06, 01:26   Link #186
封鎖された渋谷で

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
Damn, so they intend to milk not one, but two more cows. This is like some smart marketing strategy - after showing half a series, they decide: "Oh hey, another two blocks of 30min isn't going to work out the whole story - let's make two blocks of 2 hours each!"

Man, this is like some big joke or something. Like say, Evangelion.
So here's a question: is making 2 seasons or 1 season+2films more economically savvy?
Then again, it's I.G. I like to think them as this decade's Gainax. After all, they were behind GitS.
Hm, I think that's actually a wise move by the studio. I wouldn't want to see a rushed job like Myself; Yourself. It was like just odd.
Old 2009-07-09, 07:27   Link #187
Shadow Kira01

The end wasn't as good as I had expected.

Considering that Selecao IX had regrouped with the remaining Selecao, as well as Juiz. Wouldn't it be more reasonable for him to join the team, then make Mononobe-san as the leader of the group? Juiz will also join up. A 5-member team of Messiahs would definitely win against Mr. Outside who might be Selecao XII, the supporter.

Unfortunately, Takizawa Akira decided to pull off something ridiculous. It was almost like the end was a rip-off of Code Geass R2. Selecao IX declared himself as a terrorist and also claimed responsbility for the 60 stolen tomahawk missile launches, even though its actually Mononobe's subordinate's idea. Right after that, Selecao IX goes off to request Juiz to make him a king of the nation. Seriously, the ending is no where as good as the start of the series. It started off like the Jason Bourne series yet it had to end as a rip-off of Code Geass R2.

Somewhat disappointed but I voted a "6".
Old 2009-07-09, 08:23   Link #188
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't think Akira is neccessarily against Mr OUTSIDE. Atleast no more so than against Mononobe.

Besides I don't see how it was a rip off of R2. Claiming responsibility for the true villians diabolical plan isn't unique to R2. And we don't know for sure about the king thing. He could've been talking figuratively.
Old 2009-07-09, 09:48   Link #189
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

By th end, doesn't Akira still technically think Mr. Outside is dead? Regardless, I don't see why Akira would team up with Mononobe and his lackies at all, since they both wish for the same goal but have two different and very disagreeable methods of achieving it. Akira just isn't that type of guy.

Also not seeing the R2 connection while I'm at it.
Old 2009-07-14, 03:38   Link #190
Lord Ryo
Noblesse Oblige

Send a message via AIM to Lord Ryo
I thought the ending was really good. The whole “Bang!” scene was so cool I can’t stop re-watching it. But I don’t like how it felt incomplete; it had no closure at all and only left you with more questions that it started with. I understand the two movies are coming but seeing how I’m such an impatient person and they’re so far away I wish they would have given me a satisfying ending, something I can be content with and not demand answers now while I wait for the movies and for those who will never see the movie to be satisfied with that as the ending of the story. The cliffhanger is going to nag at me until I see the story resolved.

And R2 is my favorite anime of all time and I've seen it about 30 times whole, so aside from the whole "blame the worlds problems on me to fix everything" idea I see no other similarities between R2 and eden.
Old 2009-07-18, 12:50   Link #191
RemSuzu
BGI = Death

Send a message via MSN to RemSuzu
Throughout the entire series I was so hooked it. It was such a great mystery and adventure. Then the end was just, not at all what I had imagined. It could have been way better. Then I agree with above, it did feel incomplete.
Old 2009-07-18, 13:05   Link #192
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemSuzu View Post
Then I agree with above, it did feel incomplete.
It IS incomplete.
Old 2009-07-25, 21:22   Link #193
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
The end wasn't as good as I had expected.

Considering that Selecao IX had regrouped with the remaining Selecao, as well as Juiz. Wouldn't it be more reasonable for him to join the team, then make Mononobe-san as the leader of the group? Juiz will also join up. A 5-member team of Messiahs would definitely win against Mr. Outside who might be Selecao XII, the supporter.

Unfortunately, Takizawa Akira decided to pull off something ridiculous. It was almost like the end was a rip-off of Code Geass R2. Selecao IX declared himself as a terrorist and also claimed responsbility for the 60 stolen tomahawk missile launches, even though its actually Mononobe's subordinate's idea. Right after that, Selecao IX goes off to request Juiz to make him a king of the nation. Seriously, the ending is no where as good as the start of the series. It started off like the Jason Bourne series yet it had to end as a rip-off of Code Geass R2.

Somewhat disappointed but I voted a "6".
Lol Ima copy what the guy above me said. The SERIES ISN'T OVER YET
Old 2009-07-26, 11:52   Link #194
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Well, I just finished the series. I just thought it was one of the best series since R2. I was wondering what's up with the comparison with R2 till the end when Akira declared himself as the terrorist when he is not. Is he trying to be another Lelouch?

Did he really use up all his money to become a king? If he did that, wouldn't he be finished off by the supporter after becoming the king? He left Saki his most likely used up money phone after all. I can't wait for the movie to see what happened next. can't they make it like the previous FMA.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Old 2009-09-05, 02:10   Link #195
blewin

Just finished watching Eden. I'm glad I got to watch it all in one go. I dreaded the cliffhanger in the last episode, but it's good that there is some kind of closure so I don't have to tear my heart out waiting for the movies!

Just echoing everyone else's sentiment here. The "bang" scene is awesome! But it's sad that instead of clearing his name, Akira's shouldering more blame that is not of his making.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-09-05, 02:23   Link #196
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Ok, did anyone figured out what the hell
Spoiler for mysteries better not read if you haven't finished the series:
Old 2009-09-05, 12:49   Link #197
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Ok, did anyone figured out what the hell
Spoiler for mysteries better not read if you haven't finished the series:
It wasn't done very well was it. To the first bit I think that'll be explained in the film.

And yes, his johnny is magical.
Old 2009-09-05, 14:53   Link #198
Seraphis
Seldom Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
You know, it's funny, Akira does the same thing with the NEETs that Mr. Outside does with the Selecao. Trusting a larger number of people than just yourself with your own power to get the job done.

And Akira hates Mr. Outside the same way the NEETs hate him, too (well, excepting the one clothed guy).
Really nice observation

I loved this series.
Old 2010-02-24, 18:10   Link #199
ViewtifulAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
A very funny episode but if you ask me, I expected a lot more from this series when I started watching it.

This 11 episode is basically an inconclusive conclusion, nothing really has been explained and what has been explained was a sort of an anticlimax.

We still don't know why Akira went all the way to Washington, we don't know why he go that many weapons in his apartment and we don't know why he erased his memory after stripping hmself naked in front of the white house with a gun on his hand. And we don't know why number1 went all the way there just to watch him doing it.

As for why he erased his memory, that was kinda disappointing. Was that really a good reason? You have been betrayed and you erase your memory? That's plain escapism. There are far worse things that a man could have to bear.

The way he managed to avoid the catastrophe is also ridiculous, as if intercepting a missile could be done that easily.

Well I guess if you don't take this series that seriously you don't mind all these things, but that's why I'm kinda disappointed. That apart this was the funnier episode of the whole series, the 20.000 NEET were hilarous, the guys of the group stripping naked to disguise themselves in the crowd, and Micchon's reaction to Ohsugi using her laptop to cover his Johnny was priceless.

The romance part was fine, but it's been sacrificed by the rest, too many things happened in this episode and there wasn't enough time to show the development in Akira's and Saki's relationship.

I wonder what the Ohsugi's haters will have to say about this episode. Regardless of all the malice toward him, after he learned that Akira wasn't a bad guy he didn't do anything to separate the couple. Ah but I guess someone will still say that he's going to do everything he can to be an interloper in the next movies.

Final note: Itazu's computer failed on his prediction.
This is basically my feelings towards the show.

Finished this series and I dunno, I hope the movies makes up for my somewhat disappointed feeling of the this last episode. The journey of watching Akira trying to recovery his memories was great and the whole "game" is interesting but him erasing his memories -again- made me go "huh..wha?". The 2 movies will have a lot of stuff to cover, hope they are good since I like what the TV series was trying to do.

Saki/Micchion running through sea of NEETS had my sides hurting, that was hilarious. This series amazing visuals made that scene even better.

Also I guess I'm in the minority who didn't find Ohsugi such a bad guy, I know series like this usually push a certain relationship pair but "3rd wheel" guys like Ohsugi are usually a-holes so the "main" pair is welcomed but in this series he didn't seem that bad to me except for nothing getting the hints Saki not liking him as much he thought she did. In fact Saki seem more like a ***** for doing things like saying she is going to dinner with him then riding off Akira. He only seem to try to help her out but she never gave him any acknowledgment.
Old 2010-03-05, 02:35   Link #200
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
just finished this series and i have to say it has definitly made its way onto the favourites list.