AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-27, 18:08   Link #61
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Well I didn't really mean that .. I wasn't even speaking of fanservice. All I was saying that the screaming and whatnot which is supposed to be '' cool '' really isn't.. At least I can't imagine a male audience liking that part of Sengoku. From what I've seen, this series is mostly watched by females which is what I was basing that comment on.

Also being a guy doesn't necessarily mean you want to see guys in action. For me .. I suppose I actually like it more if the main character is a girl doing the fighting, killing and stuff. This is why I always play as a female on RPG's/MMO's too. Don't ask why.

Sorry if you found the comment offensive though, that was not my intention.

Halad : Thanks for those, probably will check them out though they might not be what I am looking for. (Based on description). Strait Jacket is an exception .. It's mecha, and like the first post says, I will not watch mecha under any circumstances.
Old 2011-05-27, 18:48   Link #62
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Halad : Thanks for those, probably will check them out though they might not be what I am looking for. (Based on description). Strait Jacket is an exception .. It's mecha, and like the first post says, I will not watch mecha under any circumstances.
Strait Jacket? Mecha? I don't think so, the characters do fight in these suit things if I remember correctly but they're not robots. And the antagonists are demons, so I don't know where you're getting this...? MAL says that it's Action/Fantasy/Sci-Fi. The summary says:

Synopsis
It is the world where magic and science coexist. Rayotte Steinberg, a lone wolf "tactical sorcerist", fights against monsters. They used to be human beings, but they had overused forbidden power, "magic", to turn into monsters. What he wears is "mold", the straight jacket that keeps him being a human. What he holds on his hand is "staff", a magical wand that explodes everything. If he casts magic, he moves one step to be a monster. If he doesn't, he will be killed. Among the harsh battles, he will face a sin he had committed in the past.

And yeah, I didn't really think the anime I recommended are your type, but I decided to anyways I'd love to know if you like any of them ^^
Old 2011-05-27, 19:14   Link #63
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Thanks. I tried the first one already earlier and I wasn't too interested. Seemed kinda a cliche at some parts, plus frankly I'm getting very tired of KugiRie and the identical roles she plays.

As for the others, I've tried them all in the past and not exactly dropped, just '' forgotten '' about them. But in order for that to happen they would have to be boring ..
Not terrible surprised some of them were as such to you, anyways I noticed Amagami SS was on your on hold list, and wanted to suggest trying it more as I found it to be very good overall though some arcs were better or worse than others . Probably last thing I'll suggest here unless I think of something else.
MAL
Old 2011-05-27, 19:30   Link #64
Dist

I usually check Anidb, and it shows there Mecha with quite big letters too implying it's big part of the series. Well, I'll check it out I suppose .. Though not expecting much. If it was humans however (without robot/suit) fighting other humans, with suits or even robots, that would be fine. As you can see, I enjoyed Samurai 7.

Oh and about Amagami .. I liked the first arc, but not the second .. Or rather, I didn't like the girl at all (looks are obviously important factor, too). Then I just kinda forgot about it and tbh I didn't really like the adaptation so that the main guy would date all of them. Well.. I might finish watching it though since I definitely don't have too much to watch.
Old 2011-05-27, 20:42   Link #65
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Oh and about Amagami .. I liked the first arc, but not the second .. Or rather, I didn't like the girl at all (looks are obviously important factor, too). Then I just kinda forgot about it and tbh I didn't really like the adaptation so that the main guy would date all of them. Well.. I might finish watching it though since I definitely don't have too much to watch.
Ah, and well I'd really suggest at least Tsukasa and Ai's arc both were very well done and other two had varying opinions[I liked Sae, but others didn't]
MAL
Old 2011-05-30, 16:43   Link #66
kitten320

Ok how about a movie Sword of the Stranger?
It was done in 2007, animation is nice, great soundtracks, great action and no shouting men.
Old 2011-05-30, 17:19   Link #67
Dist

^I've seen that and it's even in MAL.
Old 2011-05-30, 17:22   Link #68
For~Eternity
Shinda Sekai Sensen

Have you tried Elfen Lied? It's a psychological/action/horror/romance, to be brief. One of my all-time favorites, I'd say my number two anime of all time. Also, has (for me) the greatest character of all time.

Sorry if you've already had this recommended, I didn't read the whole forum.
Old 2011-05-30, 17:28   Link #69
Dist

Thread is titled '' Any anime I've not seen '' and you reply without reading the topic .. *facepalm*

How do you expect to recommend something that I've not seen if you don't even check the link provided to see what I have seen and what I haven't?
Old 2011-05-30, 21:54   Link #70
For~Eternity
Shinda Sekai Sensen

My bad, I'm terribly sorry, didn't even see the link. I feel like a royal idiot now *shame-faced....*

You've got good taste in anime, my list is almost the same as yours, plus mecha. My only recommendation for now is Kamisama Kazoku, if you like romance comedies.
Closed Thread