AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-07-22, 01:23   Link #121
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
How do you change where the finished file is going to be saved? The default pathway is under the folder DVDStudio. How do you change that option "once" then you don't have to change it everytime you encode?
Just go to the config.ini file and change one line:

EncodeFolder = "C:\some_folder_I_choose\Encoding"

This line tells Quenc where to save it's encodes. If you want the work files and the finished file to be in entirely unrelated folders, then it gets a lot harder.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 21:17   Link #122
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Just go to the config.ini file and change one line:

EncodeFolder = "C:\some_folder_I_choose\Encoding"

This line tells Quenc where to save it's encodes. If you want the work files and the finished file to be in entirely unrelated folders, then it gets a lot harder.
That did not work. I got this error message says "specific path cannot be found" when queue. I just change it back and stick to whatever works.
Old 2006-07-25, 02:35   Link #123
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
That did not work. I got this error message says "specific path cannot be found" when queue. I just change it back and stick to whatever works.
Did you actually create the directory? The directory needs to have subdirectories named:
  • Encoding
  • Queue
  • Scripts
That's why I said that if you want the work files and the finished file to be in entirely unrelated folders, then it gets a lot harder.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-26, 18:11   Link #124
Zeiram_P

Add borders without converting to mpg

Hi all, I just wanted to ask; How do I add the borders without converting the file to MPG? My DVD player plays AVi files fine, but I still get the annoying overscan problem, so I need to add the borders. However, I think I should be able to fit more eps per DVD-R if I leave the files in AVI format, so that's the reason for my question.

Thank you,
Zeiram_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-26, 19:36   Link #125
zGilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I'm not sure what you're talking about. This guide doesn't use Virtualdub.

This method is quite updated and even works with h264.
Q: I get "FATAL ERROR: MP2 not file found after encoding!" message during encode
A: This usually means that for some reason BeSweet didn't run (or choked on the audio file). Probably the best thing to do in this case is to use VirtualDub to extract the audio as a WAV file from the AVI file. To so, open the source video in VirtualDub and then:

1. Select "Full processing mode" from the Audio menu.
2. Select "Compression" from the Audio menu, and select "No compression".
3. Select "Save WAV file" from the File menu. Save it with the exact same name as the source video (but with .wav extension) in the same folder as the source video.
4. Run the batch file again. BeSweet should now encode succesfully from the WAV file.

Well i got pass this problem.. because i missed one of the programs..

Either way right now im stuck on, Multiplex Phase.

i get error: [???] Unable to read from D:\DVDStudio\Encoding\[DB]_Bleach_90_[CD4E0950].m2v
Fatal Error: MPG not file found after multiplexing.
zGilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 21:50   Link #126
tenchisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeiram_P
Hi all, I just wanted to ask; How do I add the borders without converting the file to MPG? My DVD player plays AVi files fine, but I still get the annoying overscan problem, so I need to add the borders. However, I think I should be able to fit more eps per DVD-R if I leave the files in AVI format, so that's the reason for my question.

Thank you,
well one way of adding the borders to an avi without converting to mpg is to use virtualdubmod. open the avi file go to video in the top bar and click on full processing. then click filters. then click on add. go to resize. for fullscreen 4:3 for the new width and height change to 660 and 440. for the frame width and height put 720 and 480. for widescreen 16:9 the new width and height is 660 and 330. and for the frame width its 720 and 480. hope that helps u out. i just hope somebody would help me out about my question.
tenchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 10:55   Link #127
Zeiram_P

Yeah, thanks, that should help me out. If I knew anything about how to help with your problem, I would.
Old 2006-07-30, 15:16   Link #128
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

I hope you like the ~30 GB uncompressed RGB AVI that method will create...

(hint: video -> compression -> xvid)
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 16:11   Link #129
Zeiram_P

???

Meh? I don't have 30 GB of free space at the moment, nor do I have any idea how to compress the video anyway. On top of that, VirtualDubMod keeps saying that it can't handle the files I'm trying to do, so I think I need to download the other stuff it said that I didn't have when I installed it. All in all, this is really starting to seem like a lot more trouble than it's worth.
Old 2006-07-31, 16:44   Link #130
Sides

Just use avisynth and add borders to it and then frameserve to virtualdub.
If you do not know how to do it read the avisynth manual, look for addborders.

In virtualdub choose "fast recompress" and chose a codec, i.e. xvid.
In case of xvid you can either do a 2 pass, fixed bitrate or
use the fix quantizer option, hint use the inbuild calculator.

http://www.avisynth.org
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 23:29   Link #131
tenchisan

using is avisynth is the best way. if that doesnt work try my way. also i forgot one part to the problem when saving the avi. go to save as and on the bottom put on full processing and for the compression use the divx codec. download it if u have to. when using divx there is goin to be water mark on the bottem right corner but dissapears in a minute.
or u could avisynth. here is a site with a little help http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/t277705.html
but you want to resize the avi first. just put this script:
LanczosResize(660,440)
on top of the "add border". for widescreen you change the settings to the statement earlier. hope you figure it and enjoy some anime and be able to read the subtitles.
tenchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 20:02   Link #132
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
I have a problem... I have downloaded anime episode in .mkv format with dual audio: Japanese and English. Now, when I encode it it encode only with the english audio but, I want it to encode it with the japanese audio instead.

I tryed to use VirtualDub but it doesn't accepts mkv files so, I'm stuck. Can someone help me?

Edit:

Nevermind, I could solve the problem. Thanks, anyway. I case someone is wondering I used the mkvmerge program inside the apps folder of the Queue For Encoding. Just load the .mkv file and select the audio, video and subs you want and have the program merge them. It also works with .ogm files.

Edit2:

I take back what I said... Thought the .mkv files had one only audio when I tryed to encode it, the program would not encode the audio.

Edit3:

SOLVED! SOLVED! This time, it seems it will be for real

Last edited by johnishida; 2006-08-04 at 07:57.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 17:09   Link #133
bunik

I'm trying to view the guide, however i can't seem to get to the second part - "Software". I get the following:

Fatal error: Call to a member function ExecuteSelect() on a non-object in /home/ghdpro/www.playbackhelp.com/html/lib/class.include.php on line 33

Anybody have another version of this guide?
bunik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 00:04   Link #134
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunik
I'm trying to view the guide, however i can't seem to get to the second part - "Software". I get the following:

Fatal error: Call to a member function ExecuteSelect() on a non-object in /home/ghdpro/www.playbackhelp.com/html/lib/class.include.php on line 33

Anybody have another version of this guide?
No, that's the EXCLUSIVE ONLY SINGLE COPY.... #$#W@$

The point of course is that error shouldn't be there... I've fixed it now.
(the issue was caused by an upgrade from PHP 4 to PHP 5 last week, which broke how this script worked)
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 01:05   Link #135
bunik

Awesome...thanks!
bunik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 16:49   Link #136
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Awesome, i've been looking for something like this for awhile to fix that over-scan problem (which I'll admit I didn't even realize that was the problem lol)

I'm about to try this out, but I have a couple questions before I do, and yes I've read through the thread and site faq (though I skimmed a little on the thread)

1. Do the borders show when you burn it to dvd? I'd assume not, and even if it did I guess you could fix it by trial and error with resizing then re-encoding the borders. Right?

2. Has anyone tried and can confirm the way to burn the 16x9 files w/o letterbox works? I know GHDpro (btw thanks a lot for making this) said to just use the full screen settings for the 16x9 settings, but I was wondering if anyone has tried that and can confirm it works on a 16x9 tv (which I have)

Like I said, I am going to try this out later myself, but I only have a few DvDs right now to actually burn the playable DvDs, and it'll be a week or so before I can get more so i'd rather not mess it up. (Really need to get some RWs when I can)

Thank you

Edit: Just to clarify, I have a widescreen tv that plays 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen (without any letter boxes; not sure if that varries per tv but I doubt it does) and some anime in widescreen resolutions (well, I think) which are 640x360 and 704x396 (thinking about going and trying the 1280x720 version too, but that doesn't really play on my PC...) that i'd like to burn.

Last edited by Cynor; 2006-08-22 at 17:27.
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 18:02   Link #137
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

1) If you set the borders right (which might take some tweaking) they shouldn't be visible.
It's indeed a trial-and-error process, and if your DVD player supports it I suggest using RW discs.

Note that if you play the DVD on your PC, the borders will be VERY visible...
but there's no way around that.

2) I said "afaik" in the comment, but actually I've been using anamorphic encoding
for all 16:9 for quite a while. These play fine on my widescreen TV, though I do have to
manually set the TV in the right mode.

Note that DVD has a resolution of only 720x480 or something like that btw, so while you
could encode 1280x720 anime to DVD, you'll be downsizing it. Of course, it'll be a while before
I'll put out a HD-DVD or Bly Ray DVD version of my guide
Old 2006-08-22, 19:05   Link #138
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Well, good thing is my dvd player does support RWs (hence the thing about needing to pick some up when I can) so i'm definately going to use that for the (possible) fine-tuning.

By the "anamorphic encoding" I assume you mean with the ful-screen settings for widescreen anime correct? It isn't that big of a deal to have to set my tv to the right mode, especially since it is normally in that mode anyways lol. As for the downsizing, I wouldn't really mind that too much, but since those files don't even play on my PC properly, I think i'll pass on that and just stick with the "low quality" files I have lol.

I wonder how hard it would be to change the settings around in the ini and scripts and such to an HQ/Blu-Ray version... but, since the programs like avisynth probably don't even support that... and of course you'd need an authoring prog capable of burning in HD resolutions and such too lol

Oh well, thanks for the help. I'm going to try encoding one as a test and see if it works, though I really need to get some RWs in case it doesn't work right.

Edit: So i'm burning one now after encoding it and all... hopefully it'll work right. The borders are plainly visible on the PC, and the picture is slightly distorted (like it should be I guess) so we'll see in a little when it is done. I'm a little concerned the border is too big though, it looks a lot smaller in your example pic thingy from the first page of the guide. So i'm thinking I may have to fine tune that some... but we'll see when it is done burning.

Again, thank you for making this and the help. Its really simple to use, which is always a plus even if you know how to do use comand lines and such.

Edit2: Ok, so after burning it and all (making sure the authoring was set to 16x9) it plays great. However, I'm going to have to tweak some borders around. The top border is fine, The bottom could be moved down a couple pixels (shrinking it I assume), and the left and right are just way off... like my tv was the 4:3 mode still, when it was in 16x9. It still looked a little shrunk horizontally, even with double checking all the settings.

So, since the encoding for me takes so long (like an hour for a 24min ep >_< using the QuEnc) what is the format for the border size? Like Top, Left, Bottom, Right?

If you could maybe give me any other tips/ideas for getting the horizontal to be more of a 16x9 rather then 4:3?

Also, I was wondering how to run the mkv extract prog. I think I have some subs (NOT dual audio though, I stay away from liscensed things) with AC3 audio, which your FAQ says besweet wont handle, nor will your scripts... But, I can't find that "MKVExtract GUI" that you say in the FAQ will work for extracting the .mkv files. Where can I find that? Or how do I run from a command line the extract? (I'm familar with DOS and command lines)

Edit 3: Ok, i'm such a huge baka... I totally had the wrong settings for the encode. I basically did a carbon copy of the 4:3 settings, NOT just changing the border size.

Besides that I still had the encode in QuEnc for 4:3, same for the .bat and php file... Though I can't find the aspect ratio thing in the php... but I have NO clue where to look for that since I know nothing about php, and a search of the ini file in the php folder doesn't yeild anything for aspect, ratio, 4, 3, or any combination.

So if you could point me in a better direction for thati'd be greatful. I'm going to try re-encoding with the changes in the .bat and just using the border size rather then a carbon copy and see if that works (by comparing the old file still on my hd to the new, not burning it). Editing each .bat file will be a pain if I can't find the php thing, if that is what I have to do though... well, better then not being able to burn period right?

Last edited by Cynor; 2006-08-22 at 23:19.
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 02:12   Link #139
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Afaik the border format was Left,Top,Right,Bottom. But you can actually preview this:
just drag the .AVS file that is in the \DVDStudio\Encoding\AVS\ folder into a videoplayer
and it should show a preview (try this on a file without built-in subtitles).

Here are my border settings btw:
Code:
FullScreenBorder 	= 52,32,28,28
CCETemplateFS		= "Fullscreen"

WideScreenBorder	= 52,20,24,8
CCETemplateWS		= "Widescreen"
These aren't great as I can still see the borders a little, but since I only encode to watch
and not to burn permanently (ie: I use RW al the time), I don't really care much. You'll also
notice the left border is much wider than the right: this is because when I view DVDs using
a RGB cable on my PC the picture is shift to the left. I use the borders to get around this.

As for the aspect ratio with QuEnc... it's still hardcoded into the scripts to make all of the
output files 4:3. I personally use CCE where have to specify aspect ratio in a template.

To change the aspect ratio for QuEnc (permanently, there is no option for it yet, sorry)
you need to edit the "queue.php" file in the \DVDStudio\Scripts\Source\ folder. Search for a line
with the following text using the "find" function of your (plain) text editor
-gopsize 12 -maxbframes 2 -aspectratio 4:3 -mpeg2mux

I suppose I don't need to explain what you need to change in that line. Note that the line
occurs 2 times btw, and you have to edit it in both spots. Also if you want to encode normal
4:3 anime after that, you have to change it back again -- sorry about that.

As for MKVExtractGUI... Google it. It's not included with my scripts (only the command line
version "mkvextract.exe" is).
Old 2006-08-23, 10:26   Link #140
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro
Afaik the border format was Left,Top,Right,Bottom.
Code:
AddBorders (clip, int left, int top, int right, int bottom, int "color")
Correct.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
file conversion, wiki candidate