AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-16, 17:43   Link #1821
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

I heard the BY-YAK-JU-KAN causes you to hurt peoples organs when you touch them and veins pop out of your head and if you get mad they pop and you die also if you spin around a blue shield will come out and you can see through things but if somebody tries to throw a knife at your neck you're dead
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 23:50   Link #1822
The Fouth Hokage
Hokage

indeed.................
The Fouth Hokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 21:26   Link #1823
Kishimyu
Inactive Member

Shargin seems to give you a better advantage than Byakugan. With Sharingan you can imitate the things you see and Byakugan gives you a 360 degree vision and you can see through things but that's about it.
Kishimyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 00:41   Link #1824
HikariYume

Byakugan all the way! I love how it sounds Bya~ku~gan :P
Old 2008-03-30, 13:59   Link #1825
Last of the Uchihas

sharingan all the way
Last of the Uchihas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 12:56   Link #1826
mrsticky005
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
It is not so much kosher as the Byakugan simply can not see things that they deem as being completely beneath them . They also have a problem with rats, that is why they own so many cats .
I can't stand it when people rhyme it's bland and a waste of time...

Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-04-01 at 07:27. Reason: i forget to write something
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 20:12   Link #1827
SajberToent
Borked

There's no reason to assume that buyakugan (OK WHATEVER?) is more potent than Sharingan anymore, unless Neiji has somehow found a way to take it to a whole new level.

Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-04-01 at 07:27.
SajberToent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 01:26   Link #1828
ShadowAssasin
Banned

They should focus an arc on Neji and his clan, they are pretty interesting.
ShadowAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 04:24   Link #1829
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
The more I think about it, I don't think one is particularly better than the other. Each one serves their purpose well. One is a motion-detector/copying machine. The other is an X-ray machine/panoramic camera. One looks cool and makes you blind with use, the other make's you look blind while making more visible veins than all the Teen Titan stereotypes put together. Who cares?

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 07:40   Link #1830
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAssasin View Post
They should focus an arc on Neji and his clan, they are pretty interesting.
Maybe they should focus an arc on Naruto...
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 08:15   Link #1831
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Naruto should of claimed his prize from beating Neji (his eyes)
Old 2008-04-01, 10:07   Link #1832
Ukitake Toshirou
N3j1

byakugan

i'd rather have byakugan because you can see the tenketsu and stuff.

BTW I was gonna write this post till i saw it here!
Ukitake Toshirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 10:24   Link #1833
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
So far as I can tell, Sharingan users can predict physical movement to the finest degree. Sasuke's complete Sharingan easily handled Naruto when he released Kyuubi's chakra in their match at the Valley of the End. Naruto's speed was essentially far greater than Sasuke's at that moment. Before his Sharingan was complete, Naruto was pretty much owning him. The Sharingan cannot, however, predict the movement of pure chakra, which was shown when Naruto released Kyuubi's first tail and his chakra made a swipe Sasuke couldn't block, so I doubt Sasuke would easily deflect or dodge that attack Neji used on Kisame from a long distance.

At close range, I'd say an Uchiha and a Hyuuga would be almost even depending on the Uchiha's Taijutsu skills. For the sake of argument, I'll assume his skills are top notch (not neccessarily on par with someone like Maito Gai but you get the idea ). A Hyuuga may or may not land a direct hit on the Uchiha because the latter can easily dodge thanks to the Sharingan's reflexive abilities, but the Uchiha is under a similar situation for the Hyuuga can block a direct punch or kick with their chakra shield. Long distance-wise, it depends on who has more chakra than the other. How long can the Hyuuga sustain the heavenly spin? How long can the Uchiha keep throwing fireballs and such? It also depends on the power that's used for either skill. Naruto was able to penetrate Neji's Rolling Shield in the Chuunin Exam after all. Chakra plays a major determining factor here. Just look at how Kisame easily handled Neji (who doesn't even have the Sharingan).

The only real turning point comes with the Sharingan's Genjutsu skills. Do we know whether or not the Byakugan can cancel out the effects of Genjutsu? The Byakugan's vision is almost 360° and can extend to admirable distances, but does that mean they can't be fooled by an illusion? I can only speculate, but I think not. Genjutsu, as described by Jiraya, is the transmission of Chakra through the opponent's nervous system, disturbing the chakra flow within the opponent and thus, their perception of what's around them. Depending on the power of the Genjutsu, and we all know how powerful Sharingan Genjutsu can be, there's a good chance Byakugan users would have to try and resort to conventional methods of dispelling the illusion. Matters are worse if we're talking about the Mangekyou Sharingan. It's really up to you, but this is my take on the matter.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 10:34   Link #1834
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedan View Post
So far as I can tell, Sharingan users can predict physical movement to the finest degree. Sasuke's complete Sharingan easily handled Naruto when he released Kyuubi's chakra in their match at the Valley of the End. Naruto's speed was essentially far greater than Sasuke's at that moment. Before his Sharingan was complete, Naruto was pretty much owning him. The Sharingan cannot, however, predict the movement of pure chakra, which was shown when Naruto released Kyuubi's first tail and his chakra made a swipe Sasuke couldn't block, so I doubt Sasuke would easily deflect or dodge that attack Neji used on Kisame from a long distance.

At close range, I'd say an Uchiha and a Hyuuga would be almost even depending on the Uchiha's Taijutsu skills. For the sake of argument, I'll assume his skills are top notch (not neccessarily on par with someone like Maito Gai but you get the idea ). A Hyuuga may or may not land a direct hit on the Uchiha because the latter can easily dodge thanks to the Sharingan's reflexive abilities, but the Uchiha is under a similar situation for the Hyuuga can block a direct punch or kick with their chakra shield. Long distance-wise, it depends on who has more chakra than the other. How long can the Hyuuga sustain the heavenly spin? How long can the Uchiha keep throwing fireballs and such? It also depends on the power that's used for either skill. Naruto was able to penetrate Neji's Rolling Shield in the Chuunin Exam after all. Chakra plays a major determining factor here. Just look at how Kisame easily handled Neji (who doesn't even have the Sharingan).

The only real turning point comes with the Sharingan's Genjutsu skills. Do we know whether or not the Byakugan can cancel out the effects of Genjutsu? The Byakugan's vision is almost 360° and can extend to admirable distances, but does that mean they can't be fooled by an illusion? I can only speculate, but I think not. Genjutsu, as described by Jiraya, is the transmission of Chakra through the opponent's nervous system, disturbing the chakra flow within the opponent and thus, their perception of what's around them. Depending on the power of the Genjutsu, and we all know how powerful Sharingan Genjutsu can be, there's a good chance Byakugan users would have to try and resort to conventional methods of dispelling the illusion. Matters are worse if we're talking about the Mangekyou Sharingan. It's really up to you, but this is my take on the matter.
Actually Sasuke might be able to copy the chakra shield because the chakra shield is just chakra pouring out from certain spots from the body and spinning around which is why I would like to see Neji fight Sasuke
Old 2008-04-01, 10:39   Link #1835
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
Actually Sasuke might be able to copy the chakra shield because the chakra shield is just chakra pouring out from certain spots from the body and spinning around which is why I would like to see Neji fight Sasuke
No. What makes the Hyuuga so unique is that they can pour out chakra from every part of their body. That's something other ninja can't do. Otherwise, Kakashi would know how to use Mokuton jutsu since he knows how it works. Normally people can only project chakra from their hands, as Naruto often does when using Rasengan. Fact of the matter is that the Sharingan can copy basically anything except other bloodline limits, and the Hyuuga's Heavenly spin is a trademark technique of their clan. I doubt we'll see Sasuke or Kakashi copy that skill anytime soon.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 12:06   Link #1836
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedan View Post
No. What makes the Hyuuga so unique is that they can pour out chakra from every part of their body. That's something other ninja can't do. Otherwise, Kakashi would know how to use Mokuton jutsu since he knows how it works. Normally people can only project chakra from their hands, as Naruto often does when using Rasengan. Fact of the matter is that the Sharingan can copy basically anything except other bloodline limits, and the Hyuuga's Heavenly spin is a trademark technique of their clan. I doubt we'll see Sasuke or Kakashi copy that skill anytime soon.
No actually the heavenly fist style is something that was made specifically for Byakugan users as they can see chakra points, and the tenketsu so someone without Byakugan will just be hitting places and they don't know where they are hitting as sometimes people put chakra into their feet to climb if they were to hit someone with a kick going to the chakra points near the heart they wouldn't that they are hurting the person's heart.

Spoiler for Description from wikipedia:
Old 2008-04-01, 12:18   Link #1837
james0246

A Sharingan user can not see their ownTekketsu, so the Sharingan user can not perform a Kaiten without knowing where their tenketsu are to perform the technique correctly.. Additionally, Naruto has been the only individual with enough chakra to create his own version of a chakra shield (in Naruto's case, he is simply flooding the environment with his chakra, effectvely creating a shield, the chakra hand is cretaed by stretching his chakra out from his hand).

The shield and the Kaiten can not be copied, since chakra control (which is ultimately what the Hyuuga and Naruto are doing) can not be copied (otherwise the Sharingan would have copied all the other clan's techniques already.) Now it might be possible for anyone to learn something like the Kaiten...if a Hyuuga helps them, but I doubt we will ever see someone else use Naruto's chakra shoield...besides other demon containers.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 12:40   Link #1838
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
A Sharingan user can not see their ownTekketsu, so the Sharingan user can not perform a Kaiten without knowing where their tenketsu are to perform the technique correctly.. Additionally, Naruto has been the only individual with enough chakra to create his own version of a chakra shield (in Naruto's case, he is simply flooding the environment with his chakra, effectvely creating a shield, the chakra hand is cretaed by stretching his chakra out from his hand).

The shield and the Kaiten can not be copied, since chakra control (which is ultimately what the Hyuuga and Naruto are doing) can not be copied (otherwise the Sharingan would have copied all the other clan's techniques already.) Now it might be possible for anyone to learn something like the Kaiten...if a Hyuuga helps them, but I doubt we will ever see someone else use Naruto's chakra shoield...besides other demon containers.
I know that's what I'm saying, anyone can learn how to use Kaiten but without the byakugan they cannot use it properly
Old 2008-04-01, 12:46   Link #1839
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Well technically the Chidori Nagashi is in the same category but I think Sasuke can pull it off
Spoiler:
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 12:55   Link #1840
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Well technically the Chidori Nagashi is in the same category but I think Sasuke can pull it off
Spoiler:
Actually that would be quite interesting for Sasuke to use chidori nagashi then spin around creating his own version of kaiten or just focus chidori nagashi to his palms, fingers and feet and use his own lightning juken