AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-23, 04:30   Link #1
teja208
Critical fanboy

Character Discussion - Kaiki

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Kaiki related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Monogatari Series fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 04:51   Link #2
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I can't help but feel this is thread is going to turn into a discussion about Nise-Kaiki and post Nise-Kaiki.

Two very different angles of Kaiki is shown between the two.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 07:21   Link #3
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I can't help but feel this is thread is going to turn into a discussion about Nise-Kaiki and post Nise-Kaiki.

Two very different angles of Kaiki is shown between the two.
Now you have me interested
Old 2012-03-23, 08:04   Link #4
moshika

Kaiki dā
moshika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 09:02   Link #5
itrytofight

Is anyone else getting the sort of vibes that say he's a bad ass (like Koyomi)? It's like under the exterior douchiness there's something you do not want to mess with.

The way he carries himself seems to be obfiscating something far more dangerous, and in a sense I refuse to believe that he's simply a conman.

That said, I may be overanalyzing his character a tad too much; just trying to contribute.
itrytofight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 09:17   Link #6
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Spoiler for Post-Nise Kaiki:
Old 2012-03-23, 12:47   Link #7
teja208
Critical fanboy

Kaiki you are such an evil lolicon man. Oops sorry, I meant to say loli con man.

When Araragi met Kaiki the first time, he remarked that Kaiki resembles both Oshino and Guillotine Cutter. Then he encountered Kagenui latter and felt nothing. On what basis did he used to compare them?
Old 2012-03-23, 13:43   Link #8
Shikijin

Maybe it was the air of authority. On this regard, Kagenui was the physical violence type, so she was quite different from them.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 21:28   Link #9
Shadow5YA

Is it just me, or does Kaiki's character design make him look like a vampire?
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 01:38   Link #10
monir
cho~ kakkoii

He looks more like a zombie or a sleep deprived insomniac. His encounter with Koyomi in the Mr. Donut shop was hilarious. He is indeed an intriguing character.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 03:32   Link #11
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Nise 10:
Spoiler for chapters 6-7-8-9-10:
Based on Nise novel content above, Kaiki flirted with Shinobu (a loli looking girl) and said Hitagi lost her value (no longer a fragile middle schooler). Yeah, he's a loli con man.

On more serious note, it seems to me that Kaiki does have a thing for Hitagi just not as much as money, and definitely not the other way around like some people may believe. Yes, he flirted with Shinobu a little, but that’s because he though that she’s just a naive foreign kid (or not), and just wanted to milk cash out of her photos (or not). As a professional con man it’s not his nature to reveal his true feelings anyway, so when he said current Hitagi didn’t interested him, he meant the opposite. Koyomi suspected this as well and for that reason he felt there is more to it in their relationship. That or he actually attrected to Hitagi’s mother and Hitagi resembles her own mother in some manner.
Old 2012-03-24, 07:10   Link #12
HasuMasu
*Artist

Come to think of it, he does look like Oshino+Guillotinecutter.

Or maybe just vampire Gambit/Wolverine.
Old 2012-03-24, 07:38   Link #13
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Is it just me, or does Kaiki's character design make him look like a vampire?
Well, he was described as ominous. He really is shady
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 08:27   Link #14
BLAM
Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Based on Nise novel content above, Kaiki flirted with Shinobu (a loli looking girl) and said Hitagi lost her value (no longer a fragile middle schooler). Yeah, he's a loli con man.

On more serious note, it seems to me that Kaiki does have a thing for Hitagi just not as much as money, and definitely not the other way around like some people may believe. Yes, he flirted with Shinobu a little, but that’s because he though that she’s just a naive foreign kid (or not), and just wanted to milk cash out of her photos (or not). As a professional con man it’s not his nature to reveal his true feelings anyway, so when he said current Hitagi didn’t interested him, he meant the opposite. Koyomi suspected this as well and for that reason he felt there is more to it in their relationship. That or he actually attrected to Hitagi’s mother and Hitagi resembles her own mother in some manner.
Was it not that...
Spoiler:
BLAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 04:18   Link #15
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAM View Post
Was it not that...
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2012-03-26, 04:36   Link #16
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Spoiler for Reply:
No....just....no.....
Old 2012-03-27, 16:16   Link #17
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Spoiler for Reply:
Lolwut. However the heck do you come up with that lol.
Old 2012-03-27, 22:49   Link #18
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

It's shown in Nise who he likes but I can tell you it's not who you think it is.
Old 2012-03-28, 00:51   Link #19
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
It's shown in Nise who he likes but I can tell you it's not who you think it is.
Must be Araragi-kun.

So Kaiki swings that way...should've known.
Old 2012-03-28, 02:07   Link #20
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Is it Money? Hmm, nah probabily not her, but thanks anyway. It's interesting to know that he does have love interest aside from money that is.

Tags
characters