Notices

Old 2012-12-30, 03:57   Link #41
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Well the event of the story so far remind us of some Greek myths involving oracles and pips trying to change the said fate only to fulfill the prophesy and their fates kicking them in their ass...
What he is doing is the same as those character in the stories. Trying to alter their fate by changing the course of history ergo he'll die like the characters of the story...
If he can't eliminate him then he should just prepare himself like preparing food supply and such in an incoming storm...
So if the jerk tries to kill him, he is ready to defend himself and survive the said ordeal...
-- 2 Months old Necro ---
Anything can happen. Protagonist may have gotten nigh invulnerable (*moved away/killed the murderer/became a kungfu master) but it is still impossible to survive without triggering the specific plot flags/mechanics. Usually the idea is that rather than to oppose fate/avoid dying, one should live to correct their -CHARACTER FLAWS -. In this case, one of the flaws of his past life was because of his attitude towards women. Once he manages to correct his -CHARACTER FLAWS- then it is just up to the author what kind of ending to give to the protagonist. Which probably will reflect whether the author is a fatalist or not. Another boring free will argument... That is just how these stories are. You can probably find tropes on "Screw Destiny" or "Sliding Scale of Free Will vs Fate" on TVTropes.
Old 2013-01-04, 08:25   Link #42
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I lol'd @ all the people suggesting preemptive murder on the friend, both here and elsewhere.

No lol, unless it's a badly written piece of trolldumb or it's trying to subvert the destiny tropes like Penguindrum on steroids, that probably won't save him.

Spoilers
Spoiler for chapter 7
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Miss meganeoppai is as adorable as ever. If you can't be a playboy, might as well hold on to the best, right bro?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 09:12   Link #43
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Another thing to note is that Kazuya was trying to get to Todai during his past life. I'm willing to bet that whatever the reason is, it's something major and may hold a direct connection to what happened to his death.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 06:43   Link #44
Sixth
Hu Tao

Just rad it and it is a nice manga. Instead of thinking how to lose his virginity, the main character in this story is thinking how to save his virginity. Somewhat a refreshing plot.

Also, I think this manga is telling you that have one-night stand relationship isn't a good. The main character, despite being freaking popular with girls, he was still lonely in the end.

But in this timeline, he slowly gains recognition from everyone, although this also increases his dead end a lot.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 06:47   Link #45
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

The one who said 'that line' in this chapter might've been Yoshino by looking at her hairstyle... she might got dumped by her boyfriend and did physical relationship with Kazuya..

Old 2013-03-03, 06:56   Link #46
NeutralZero

Either its just plain jealousy of his personality (being a womanizer or popular to women became an add on) or the friend is gaga allover him and wants him to himself...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 20:03   Link #47
Key Board
Carbon

reposting my theory from MAL

This is my theory of it..

It's not because of jealousy. I can sense that he is jealous, but that's not what causes him to go into a huge rage. Those death glares are just a red herring.

The root of the problem is how Kazuya handles things, particularly how he deals with women. But this in itself, isn't the direct trigger either. Masaki didn't decide to be a white knight one day and kill him for the sake of all women. It's something more personal.

I think we can agree based on what we have read so far, that his womanizing ways broke a few hearts in the future. I believe the real issue is this particular behavior of his will eventually lead to someone that Masaki loves dying

based on all the chapters released so far I suspect that this someone is Yoshino Rika

and she died because of suicide by throwing herself in front of a train

Jealousy alone does not justify Masaki screaming "It's all your fault" in tears. But causing someone to die? That I can see.

Now granted, 15 years is a long time and it might not be her. If I have to choose it boils down to either her or Soutome. But Yoshino Rika is the only one that has been death flagged so far.

In practice there are only 4 main characters: Masaki, Kazuya, Rika and Hazuki
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 23:01   Link #48
Shadow5YA

My theory:

Teacher dumps/abuses/cheats on Yoshino. She is left emotionally unstable and naturally seeks comfort from the next closest male to her - Kazuya. She clings to him, but with him being a gigolo, she finds out he is just as unfaithful as the teacher, which reopens old wounds. Either she commits suicide or she gets into an accident. The cause of death doesn't really matter so much as the fact that she did die, which leads Masaki to hold Kazuya responsible. Kazuya doesn't feel guilty, so his attitude angers Masaki even more until Masaki finally loses it.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 23:50   Link #49
Key Board
Carbon

I'd say that's quite plausible
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-05-06, 03:30   Link #50
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I think we can say for sure that Yoshino dies by suicide and it affects both Kazuya and Masaki. The girl who had sex with him in xmas day flashback might be Yoshino and because her death affects Kazuya so much, he always want to have a girl with him for every xmas day.

I als think that what makes Masaki tries to kill him is not only Yoshino but also that girl who likes Kazuya..

Old 2013-05-07, 10:32   Link #51
s07195
However,

So basically, because he didn't return her feelings even though he showed some interest in her? Also that's mean, but it doesn't warrant murder, unless something else happens along the line.

Last edited by s07195; 2013-05-09 at 00:27.
s07195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 17:39   Link #52
Key Board
Carbon

let's you love a girl
and for the sake of the argument, that girl love me instead of you
the way I handle things have directly or indirectly caused this girl to have a broken heart or her to take some action she would not normally do
which eventually led her to throw herself in front of a train. She's dead now
wouldn't you be very pissed at me?

//
Old 2013-05-09, 00:30   Link #53
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
let's you love a girl
and for the sake of the argument, that girl love me instead of you
the way I handle things have directly or indirectly caused this girl to have a broken heart or her to take some action she would not normally do
which eventually led her to throw herself in front of a train. She's dead now
wouldn't you be very pissed at me?

//
Well... I guess. Though, in the latest chapter it seems the MC isn't blaming Masaki in any case.

Which reminds me, I didn't think that Masaki's clothes weren't especially unfashionable in this chapter. Am I unpopular?
Old 2013-05-09, 01:37   Link #54
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Which reminds me, I didn't think that Masaki's clothes weren't especially unfashionable in this chapter. Am I unpopular?
I think it' rather..bland It still fits him though.

Old 2013-05-29, 03:27   Link #55
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Having read chapters 10 & 11

Spoiler:

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 03:44   Link #56
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Men... It's always sex over real relationship.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 04:07   Link #57
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Well, it's a university guy hitting on a HS girl. Those usually don't turn out well in manga

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 20:14   Link #58
Sumeragi
Banned

Need to make note to read this.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 01:08   Link #59
EroKing

*slaps a note on Sumeragi's forehead saying Ore ga Doutei*

Only read till the latest scanlated chapter 8, they really need to cut down on the number of creepy Masaki pics
Old 2013-06-05, 02:18   Link #60
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Reading this manga. I still think that the MC isn't the only one at fault. Masaki should grow a ball and do something about his pathetic loser-style love life too, not just staring at his best friend creepily in envy. He's the type I despise the most. Those that don't do shit and still blame others for not doing what they expect them to. While it's true he's never popular, to just simply give up and hold his best friend in low regard is even worse. He doesn't seem like the usual "I want my beloved to be happy" either. It's more like he gave up before even started.

C'mon! Just because the MC is a gigolo, does he deserve to die for being that? The loser that never does shit and blamed it on him should be the one to die instead. Even if the MC seems like a jerk, he isn't a bad guy. The potential murderer who looks at his best friend with murderous intent, on the other...
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, ecchi, harem, high school, mature, school life