AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-06-29, 03:03   Link #301
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Is this a best pilot list or a favorite character list?

Edit: Sorry about the Athrun bashing.

Last edited by grandmaster192; 2006-06-29 at 04:10.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 04:28   Link #302
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudedge
Poor Shinn, he is not doing very good in these polls
Shinn is the black sheep of CE. You should all accept the fact that he'll rarely, if at all, break into the top 4 as long as Kira, Athrun, Lacus, and Cagalli are around.

You can thank Fukuda for that.
Old 2006-06-29, 04:40   Link #303
grandmaster192

Who is Fukuda? What did he did he do?
Old 2006-06-29, 05:20   Link #304
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Greatness
Who is Fukuda? What did he did he do?
He's the director of the series. Technically, since Morosawa handles ALL the character and character development in all her written works, she's at fault too, but it all boils down to Fukuda cause he clearly have some tunnel vision over his wife's work since there's no way Fukuda can be THAT inconsistent in his character development. *eyes his awesome series with good character development like Cyber Formula, SEED and GEAR Dendoh while looking at another good series (( that could've been much better )) with weak character development like Destiny.*

You know there's something wrong somewhere when a 39 episode SUPER ROBOT series have more character development than 50 episodes of a Gundam series.

Back on topic, I seriously can't see how all these polls are conducted.I mean, I like Kira and all but for polls outside NT Japan, shouldn't series with a logically bigger fanbase, manga-based supports, accompanied by the fact that they're still airing and is newer take the cake more so often than the C.E series? The last time Kira and co. got dethroned was during the peak of FMA's fame, and Edward didn't last long before Kira took the crown again.

And for NT...wtf? Okay...one month had Freedom topping Strike Freedom. Then all of a sudden Strike Freedom have 16,000 more votes than Freedom?
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 06:31   Link #305
grandmaster192

14) Gundam MK-II - Gundam Zeta Movie III
15) Z'gok - Mobile Suit Gundam/The Origin
16) Acguy - Mobile Suit Gundam/The Origin
17) Gundam F91 - Gundam F91
18) Dom - Gundam Original
19) Old Zaku - Original Gunda

I can't bealive these are above the Wing Zero. lol. I always thought the Wing Zero was a fan favorite. I guess the Strike Freedom took it's place. Or mabe I just don't know what the hell I'm talkin about. lol
Old 2006-06-29, 07:30   Link #306
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Man they need to put Cagalli in a giant blue dress, give her this funky looking breastplate and strap her with a buster sword. Then she'll be Sabergalli!
Old 2006-06-29, 07:49   Link #307
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Man they need to put Cagalli in a giant blue dress, give her this funky looking breastplate and strap her with a buster sword. Then she'll be Sabergalli!
True, she already has her own country AND a wussy boyfriend!
Old 2006-06-29, 08:02   Link #308
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Dude, no. Just, no. Cagalli could never be half the fighter or babe that Saber is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurys
True, she already has her own country AND a wussy boyfriend!
Yes this part is , but please do tell, how is Shirou wussy? People throw that term around way too much and way too easily these days without giving it any real thought...
Old 2006-06-29, 08:19   Link #309
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Yes this part is , but please do tell, how is Shirou wussy? People throw that term around way too much and way too easily these days without giving it any real thought...
Gee, I'm kidding...
And I like Shirou (and love Archer).
Oh and Cagalli is awesome, she's alive (), rich, protected by Kira and she owns a bling bling mobile suit that could probably kick Saber's ass (no offense to Saber's fans).
Old 2006-06-29, 10:52   Link #310
masterwok

well i am not suprise about kira yamato being the best male character and Lacus Clyne being the best female character. on the ms list i liked the freedom better than the strike freedom because the freedom has a hard shield and they should have kept that on for the strike freedom.
masterwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 11:25   Link #311
X207
Gamyūsa

but a hard sheild would make strike freedom stick out like a sore thumb, legend, destiny, akatsuki sfreedom had beam sheilds. all final suits are best with beam sheilds because their hands would be free
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 12:55   Link #312
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

not akatsuki...
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 17:17   Link #313
NeonZ

Quote:
Top 30 Male Characters from July 2006 Gundam Ace

12) Garrod Ran - Gundam X

Top 30 Female Characters from July 2006 Gundam Ace:

18) Tifa - Gundam X
Hah! The highest rated non-UC/CE Gundam characters! Too bad their actual numbers are crappy...
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 19:29   Link #314
[DarkazurESky]

Although I love the fact that Kira, Athrun, Lacus, and Cagalli are sweeping majority of polls, and I want all mains and ex-mains to be all in top 10 list, the results are ridiculous. "Kira has 15,000 while 4th and 5th guys have only several thousands and after top ten the votes are in 100s and lower!!" is insane.
[DarkazurESky] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 23:31   Link #315
cloudedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Shinn is the black sheep of CE. You should all accept the fact that he'll rarely, if at all, break into the top 4 as long as Kira, Athrun, Lacus, and Cagalli are around.

I think he has potential though... especially if there's another season (other than the movie) dedicated to the CE universe...

he didn't have much development in GSD... if Fukuda were to make a third (or fourth if you count the movie) installment for CE, Shinn might experience the most character change/growth and might end up getting more popular

There are a few sides of Shinn that can be quite adoring ^^;

Quote:
Back on topic, I seriously can't see how all these polls are conducted.I mean, I like Kira and all but for polls outside NT Japan, shouldn't series with a logically bigger fanbase, manga-based supports, accompanied by the fact that they're still airing and is newer take the cake more so often than the C.E series? The last time Kira and co. got dethroned was during the peak of FMA's fame, and Edward didn't last long before Kira took the crown again.
Another observation I found is that Manga Character do not tend to be represented on these magazine... I am guessing that despite the fact that many anime series is based off a manga, the fans of those series simply don't bother to vote on these magazine because they're following the JUMP poll (which is more important to the series survival than these magazine polls)
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-30, 01:59   Link #316
Ky-66
Nuclear Trance

gaplant beat gaia?
hehehe excellent...

Saviour doko da?

Garrod beats duo but loses out to heero... sounds about right.
Ky-66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-30, 09:24   Link #317
grandmaster192

There should be a best antagonist poll for this. It's lame seeing nothin but a bunch of Kira/Amuro type characters.
Old 2006-07-03, 14:53   Link #318
maiku84
絶対無敵

Send a message via AIM to maiku84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan

It's unfortunate, but you're right.

Really, Kira's part of an increasing trend of protagonists who seem to never be on the 'wrong side' in anime and tokusatsu. It just sticks out a bit more in a series like Gundam SEED DESTINY, since most of the interesting parts involved the moral ambiguity of the Alliance and ZAFT. The Gary Stu archetype's not something I particularly like, but I guess I have to grin and bear it. :P

...erm, At any rate: Where the heck did Heine come from in the Newtype polls? He was a bit character at best! :P
maiku84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 08:13   Link #319
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
Thats amazing.......how can anyone like Strike Freedom......

On a sidenote...is that actually Kai from Under the Moonlight I see up in 10th place?! o_O
GGPO RAINBOW GUNS V2

Seriously though, the thing looks cool, is pretty much the only gundam in history that uses anything resembling a Mighty Morphing Power Rangers Megazord attack, and is piloted by Jesus Christ. If Jesus sat on your chair, your chair would be holy no? Same logic here. Plus, the damn gundam produces a pot of gold every time it shoots. Either that or lucky charms.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 08:34   Link #320
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

God kills a faggot every time someone calls Kira "Jesus Christ". Incidentally, the person who gets killed is 9 times out of 10 the person who made said ridiculous comparison in the first place.