Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-09-10, 17:26   Link #61
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Though, frankly, except for Pichu, Jigglypuff, Donkey Kong, amd Ness, I can use all characters very easily, depending on the situation. Word of advice: only use Ganondorf for ffa fights. He gets pwnt in one-on-one, unless your really, really good.
Ganondorf does fine 1v1. He only really has problems with the characters in the top tiers (Marth, Fox, Falco, Sheik, Peach). Everyone else, he can go toe to toe with. The trick is to keep things simple, and stay the hell away from his stupidly risky moves (up tilt, warlock punch, forward smash) unless you can guarantee yourself a hit. It's best to stick with his strong aerial attacks, his jab (best in the game), throws, and forward tilt, and occasionally mix things up with forward + B. The key to remember with Ganondorf is that he outranges nearly all the characters in the game, so you don't have to get as close as you think you do. It's all about being patient and continually doing some damage, as he doesn't have to get the percentages high to get his kills.
Old 2007-09-11, 04:01   Link #62
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

the latest update has made me disappointed...I was hoping for Lyn to be a playable character...not an assist trophy!
she had a deep storyline in the Fire emblem universe.
This was the most disappointing update for me.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 04:15   Link #63
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
the latest update has made me disappointed...I was hoping for Lyn to be a playable character...not an assist trophy!
Same here..

Well, its not that dissapointing though. At least they put her in
the game. x)
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 04:22   Link #64
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otani-kun View Post
Same here..

Well, its not that dissapointing though. At least they put her in
the game. x)
yea that is true, although I really did see Lyn as a potential playable character...certain forums, especially Gamefaqs forums, were really on high hopes for Lyn to be playable...oh wells, atleast she's an assist trophy and atleast she's in the game.
disappointing, but I'll get over it once the game is released.
Old 2007-09-11, 11:43   Link #65
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
yea that is true, although I really did see Lyn as a potential playable character...certain forums, especially Gamefaqs forums, were really on high hopes for Lyn to be playable...oh wells, atleast she's an assist trophy and atleast she's in the game.
disappointing, but I'll get over it once the game is released.
Eh...depends on which GameFAQs forums. The Fire Emblem VII board there is fairly adamant against Lyn being a playable character, due to her not being unique enough compared to the multitude of other sword users in SSB and her relative unimportance in the plot (to say nothing of how unpopular in general she is due to some stupid fad). And one of the prime supporters of Lyn on the SSBB boards is almost undoubtably a troll anyway...I never thought she'd make it as a playable character, to be honest.

Give me Hector or Celice, or even Leaf. :P
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 11:49   Link #66
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

What about Marcus?

geh... It doesn't look like either a "blade lord" normal crit nor sol katti crit >_>
Old 2007-09-11, 13:58   Link #67
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Eh...depends on which GameFAQs forums. The Fire Emblem VII board there is fairly adamant against Lyn being a playable character, due to her not being unique enough compared to the multitude of other sword users in SSB and her relative unimportance in the plot (to say nothing of how unpopular in general she is due to some stupid fad). And one of the prime supporters of Lyn on the SSBB boards is almost undoubtably a troll anyway...I never thought she'd make it as a playable character, to be honest.

What? Lyn could use bow and sword in the game and that makes her unique enough to be playable character imo. I mean Marth and Roy only used sword and they manage to put many different move in the game. Yeah I agree that Lyn did have low chance being a playable character, but she fits my style very well, because of her speed. It does suck that she won't be playable, but I hope they keep Marth at least.
Old 2007-09-11, 15:19   Link #68
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
What? Lyn could use bow and sword in the game and that makes her unique enough to be playable character imo. I mean Marth and Roy only used sword and they manage to put many different move in the game. Yeah I agree that Lyn did have low chance being a playable character, but she fits my style very well, because of her speed. It does suck that she won't be playable, but I hope they keep Marth at least.
Well, a sword user with a bow isn't exactly a new concept for SSB...we've already got Link, Young Link, and now Pit (well, dagger = sword for me :P).

Now, an axe or spear user for SSB would be much fresher, IMHO.
Old 2007-09-11, 15:27   Link #69
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:

Throw in Sigurd and THEn we're talking.

I'll settle for some Celice though.

Quote:
she had a deep storyline in the Fire emblem universe.
This was the most disappointing update for me.
What story? Her story consisted of a short 10 chapter tutorial with generic 'plot' if you could call it that and the place she comes from is almost as good as non-canon in the Lycian map. After which she spends most of the game just flashing her butt.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 15:52   Link #70
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Well, a sword user with a bow isn't exactly a new concept for SSB...we've already got Link, Young Link, and now Pit (well, dagger = sword for me :P).

Now, an axe or spear user for SSB would be much fresher, IMHO.
True but I don't think they will have Young Link anymore, I heard that they replaced him with cel-shaded Link from WW. Anyhow spear might be cool but only main character that use spear in FE as far as know is Eliwood and that guy from FE 8, both I don't really like. Having Hector would be nice, but we already got a heavy fighter from FE so I would say that next FE character should be fast one (still my Hector in FE7 was always freaking fast).
Old 2007-09-11, 16:57   Link #71
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
True but I don't think they will have Young Link anymore, I heard that they replaced him with cel-shaded Link from WW. Anyhow spear might be cool but only main character that use spear in FE as far as know is Eliwood and that guy from FE 8, both I don't really like. Having Hector would be nice, but we already got a heavy fighter from FE so I would say that next FE character should be fast one (still my Hector in FE7 was always freaking fast).
Sigurd uses Lances, and so does Celice once promoted.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 17:10   Link #72
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Sigurd uses Lances, and so does Celice once promoted.
Problem is that I didn't play snes FE so I don't know them, but planning to play them later.
Old 2007-09-11, 18:16   Link #73
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Eh, Sigurd's personality kind of bored me (plus his relationship with Diadora felt way too forced), but I have no doubt he'd be a cool character to have in SSB. Problem is, his main weapon is still the sword (they'd probably give him Tyrfing or something), so he's still not unique enough. Leaf, at least, can use a much wider array of weaponry.

Of course, best case scenario for me would be if someone like Sety or Levin made it in to SSB, but I doubt that'll happen...hehehe, Holsety as a final smash...</fanboy>
Old 2007-09-12, 03:36   Link #74
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Hector would make a good character in Brawl, but he could turn out to be a heavy character. Sakurai (the guy creating the game) did mention that Ike is already a heavy character and that some of his special attacks doesn't make him flinch.
Adding in a mage from Fire emblem into Brawl would be an interesting change.
As for Lyn's story in Fire emblem, her story was short, but I did like how it was used to be a tutorial for the game. Anyways, it was the first fire emblem game to hit US and it was the first fire emblem game that I've played.
Old 2007-09-12, 11:27   Link #75
Scarecrow*
Neneko Shinjitsu!

Diddy! Just so happy he's there.

Aside from Solid Snake, he's the BEST addition to this game.
Scarecrow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 14:11   Link #76
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Eh, Sigurd's personality kind of bored me (plus his relationship with Diadora felt way too forced), but I have no doubt he'd be a cool character to have in SSB. Problem is, his main weapon is still the sword (they'd probably give him Tyrfing or something), so he's still not unique enough. Leaf, at least, can use a much wider array of weaponry.
If they used Leaf it'd be more likely FE5 Leaf in other words unpromoted Leaf with nothing except the Light Sword.

Sigurd probably be different in style. For one thing hes much older, already (and the only) pre-promoted Lord and he'd probably have much different mannerisms than the others. Keep in mind unlike the other FE Lords who were mainly kids raised in common environments Sigurd was a noble through and through. Hes also a fully graduated millitary officer as I recall too.

Also FE4 should really deserve a place somewhere in SSB as playable being the shining point of the FE series it should be the next logical step. Poster boy of FE (Marth), most recent FE than the most successful FE. To date there still hasn't been a single FE game which matched FE4 in pure sales.
(Fun fact FE9 aka Path of Radiance/Souen no Kiseki actually did pretty bad in JP even to the point of being upstaged/outsold by a game Nintendo sued for plagiarism.)
Old 2007-09-12, 21:30   Link #77
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I dont think its about your favorite characters making the cut, its about their usability. If they start sucking, there's no point to play them (e.g. Kirby, who got seriously watered-down in the translation from SSB to SSBM).
Old 2007-09-14, 03:58   Link #78
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

yay the ice climbers are back!
and they look good in their new character designs...now if they made it back, I wonder if it could be said the same for Mr.Game and Watch...alot of people didn't like the Ice climbers and Mr.G&W.
Old 2007-09-14, 05:14   Link #79
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Send a message via MSN to krysinello
The Ice climbers came back cause they were one of the better characters once you mastered them. G&W I aint too confident for. Young Link probably wont make it unfortunately, and possibly Pichu.
krysinello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 06:02   Link #80
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
yay the ice climbers are back!
and they look good in their new character designs...now if they made it back, I wonder if it could be said the same for Mr.Game and Watch...alot of people didn't like the Ice climbers and Mr.G&W.
Actually there was a rather strong cult following for Mr G&W, plus hes pretty strong actually just too light.

Tags
crossover, nintendo