AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-11-12, 00:52   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 767 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Spoiler summary is out, courtesy of AP's Redon and Aohige:

-Chapter title is "Cora-san". The ministory has Jinbei wondering about the connection between the missing tribute for the sea god, the attack of the sea beasts, and the appearance of the ruins.

-The chapter begins with yet another look into Doflamingo's past. We see a much younger Vergo, and who may apparently be Trebol, who tells Dofla that he awakened his haki when he knocked out the mob who were torturing him and his blood relatives. We then see the boy Doflamingo aiming a gun at his father, telling him he'll return to Mariejois with his head. As the younger Rosinante protests his brother's actions, St. Homing (Dofla's father) apologizes to both his children for being a bad father, and Doflamingo finally pulls the trigger.

-Back in the middle of Law's flashback, the marines witness the scene of carnage within the birdcage, as the pirates slaughter each other. In a stroke of luck, "Dorry", the boy that Barrels was yelling at a couple chapters back, managed to avoid getting trapped in the cage, and escapes. We see a familiar X-shaped scar on his chin, confirming that he is indeed a certain marine turned supernova.....

-Doflamingo confronts Barrels, who's shouting for Dorry (seems he was the strongest in Barrels' gang). When he finds out that the ope fruit is already gone, Dofla shoots Barrels, and his crew pilfer all the treasure he has. They're also searching for Law and Corazon, the latter of whom is discovered by Gladius. Law, as it turns out, is hidden inside of a nearby treasure chest, and is forced to listen as the crew punishes him for his betrayal.....

-Doflamingo finally arrives to confront his younger brother. We then discover that as a boy, Rosinante was saved by Sengoku, which is how he eventually became a marine. He joined Dofla in order to stop him from committing any future tragedies, and apologizes. When Dofla demands to know what happened to the ope fruit and Law, Rosi answers that the boy ate the fruit and escaped from the birdcage, though the latter answer is a lie. Baby 5 and Buffalo report that they indeed gain intel of the marines rescuing a young boy, though they're all unaware that the boy in question is X Drake....

-Dofla orders his crew to attack the ship carrying Law, as he intends to have the boy serve him now that he gained his powers. He then asks Rosi why he got in his way, practically forcing him to kill his own kin again. The brothers then point guns at each other, but Dofla is sure that Rosi won't shoot, because he's soft like their father. We then get a mini-flashback of Rosi hiding Law inside of the chest, and assuring him that Doflamingo wouldn't kill him. He then uses his ability on Law, so he won't be heard. As he closes the lid, he gives the boy one last smile and tells him that he loves him....

-Back to the confrontation, Rosi tells his brother that Law will not become his underling, as he overcame his fate of death in 3 years. He is FREE now! These words cause Doflamingo to finally pull the trigger on his brother. As the chest containing Law is taken by Dofla's crew, Rosi uses the last of his strength to make sure that the boy remains silent, and says there's nothing holding back the boy anymore once he escapes..... which he does. As Dofla's crew make their getaway, they get caught in a tangle with Tsuru, and during the ensuing battle, Rosinante finally passes away. Law's voice finally returns to him, but there is now nobody around to hear him mourning for his savior.....

Truly an emotional chapter, this. Corazon/Rosinante truly is a great character. I'm really gonna miss the guy now that he's gone. So I guess now the story will finally return to the present by the next chapter....

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-11-13 at 02:12.
Old 2014-11-12, 23:08   Link #2
marvelB

Okey-dokey, preliminary spoiler summary's up!

And it looks like we have a tear-jerker on our hands here. Also, I suppose that the kid the marines rescued was Drake, rather than Law....?
Old 2014-11-12, 23:47   Link #3
james0246

I hope we get to see Tsuru in action again.
Old 2014-11-13, 01:27   Link #4
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Dorry = Drake confirmed.
He has the X chin.

Yeah, another round of I told you so.

Oh, and marvel, I got the summary up and finished
Old 2014-11-13, 02:14   Link #5
marvelB

Whoopsie, sorry for the lateness! I was taking a nap busy...... yeah, that's it. Anyways, summary updated! Time to get ready for some waterworks.....
Old 2014-11-13, 02:19   Link #6
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Holy crap, this might the biggest tear jerker in over 150 chapters...
Old 2014-11-13, 05:30   Link #7
Baron-Zara

ROCINANTE!!!!!!!! RIP TT______TT Definitely one of the best flashbacks and side characters in this show :*( SO GOOD! And still to be continued? :3

Damn was that quite messed up for Rocinante. Having his father shot in the head by his brother while he's being hugged in his arms O_o

The scene when he apologized to Law for lying about being a Marine was T^T

DEM FEEEEELZ!! T^T Forcing himself to stay conscious so that his ability retains its sound cancelling effect because Law is crying his heart out until he escapes D:

SO MUCH RESPECT right now!

Oh and More confirmation that X-Drake was with those pirates...I'm guessing Dory is from Doraku like a nickname maybe?

Shed a tear for sure this chap :*(
Old 2014-11-13, 05:47   Link #8
homohominilupus

Looks like Laws jolly roger (smiley) was made in memory of Rocinantes last smile
Old 2014-11-13, 05:53   Link #9
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

That was a fantastic and heartbreaking flashback...well played Oda, well played.
Old 2014-11-13, 07:30   Link #10
ronin myael
lost ronin

Oda strikes again! Only he can make me shed tears for a manga character. That was a sad ending for Cora-san.
Old 2014-11-13, 08:48   Link #11
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ah... Rocinante...
how could you still throw a joke and that smile when you know you're going to die
Doflamingo really didn't deserve to have such good families.. he's twisted

I'm sure now that Law is truly a good person... There's no way he's scheming something behind Luffy
He just want to get revenge by ruining every single Doflamingo's plan
Old 2014-11-13, 09:52   Link #12
marvelB

BTW, I still think it's cool that Tsuru was the marine who gave Dofla such a headache in the past. Boy, she must have been real annoyed when she found out that the pirate she's been chasing for so many years became a shichibukai, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron-Zara View Post
Oh and More confirmation that X-Drake was with those pirates...I'm guessing Dory is from Doraku like a nickname maybe?

Yep, me and Aohige already made the connection a couple chapters back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh crap, it looks like Barrels may actually be X Drake's father! I doubt it's a coincidence either since not only do they LOOK similar, but the "X" in Drake's name is read as "Diez", after all....!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Drake is pronounced in Japanese as Doreeku. Dory completely matches the nickname pattern.

The former marine pirate Diez Barrels, not only has the same family name as Drake, but he's a chin-monster.

I have no doubt the glimpse we see here is Drake.
Why even give this random little boy this obvious name, if it's not.
Old 2014-11-13, 10:25   Link #13
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by homohominilupus View Post
Looks like Laws jolly roger (smiley) was made in memory of Rocinantes last smile
Yes, not just his flag but also the name of his crew
Corazon is spanish for Heart.
Old 2014-11-13, 10:30   Link #14
Ulic

One emotional chapter after the other. It's great to see why Corason was such a huge influence on Law. Mingo really is just insane, already being able to kill his father when he was so little.
Old 2014-11-13, 11:55   Link #15
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Now this was just sad...

...but in a good way Meaningful deaths always get the best of me in these stories.
Old 2014-11-13, 12:10   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The final page was so perfect. The very moment Rocinante fell silent forever, the spell was lifted and Law's heartbreaking cries were finally heard. I really like the panel with snow covering Rocinante too. Cora-san ;_;
Old 2014-11-13, 14:08   Link #17
james0246

While I found the initial chapters of the flashback to be a little cumbersome, these last two chapters have been quite great. Hopefully, though, the next chapter will end the flashback and we can get back to the present and find out what's going on.
Old 2014-11-13, 15:41   Link #18
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last smile
Old 2014-11-13, 17:06   Link #19
Rainbowman

Now that we got the flashback out of the way, Luffy will most certainly put an end to Doflamingo's tyranny.
Old 2014-11-13, 17:15   Link #20
Wandering Soul

Such an emotional chapter. RIP Corazon.