AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-05, 03:07   Link #21
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
It was nice to see a episode from the chapter, though a lil' bit different with the appearence of Ai, nice touch.

Animation looks like its been done up a bit since the first season. Thats also a nice lil' touch.. i wonder if it'll carry on.
Yeah it seems so >.< I just watched it, and I loved it :P also I haven't said this yet: Yay the second season has started

Ahh also here are the covers of the manga thats available in japan.

Its from my previous post in the first season of ARIA thread but its relevant to this thread too :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
ARIA manga is serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Comic Blade.
For now there are 8 volumes released of this manga, here are the covers:

Volume 8 of ARIA will be released in January 2006

ARIA is a slice of life seinen manga/anime.
ARIA manga is licensed by ADV.

ARIA is a sequel to AQUA manga which is only 2 volumes.
AQUA manga is not licensed and it got fully scanlated: Manganews.

Here are the covers of AQUA manga:

AQUA and ARIA are slice of life seinen manga. if you like AQUA and ARIA, then you might also like other slice of life seinen manga: YKK, Emma, Shirley.
Old 2006-04-05, 03:19   Link #22
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
You prefer "Embarassing lines are prohibited"? You think that sounds less tense and unnatural? Less like an evil overlord? Actually I think that "Embarassing lines are prohibited" is even colder! Are you going by another translation that I am unaware of?
As far as I'm concerned, it's supposed to read like a legal decree, thus "prohibited". No other implied "coldness".
Old 2006-04-05, 04:59   Link #23
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'm swayed by that reason. Suddenly I'm no longer so sharp on watching the group that translates it as "Embarssing remarks are not allowed," so I'm hoping that the "prohibited" sub gets finished some day.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-04-05, 07:15   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'll have to agree with 'Prohibited' sounded much more like Aiki.. though at the end of the day, they're both the same.

Can't wait for episode 2! =D
Old 2006-04-05, 10:42   Link #25
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

NoSanninWa - Must be a different group, because neither of those that you've mentioned fit the subs I'm watching.

"Embarrassing remarks aren't allowed!"

Sounds much better than 'Not Permitted' or 'Prohibited', both of which are rather evil-overlord-esque

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Suddenly I'm no longer so sharp on watching the group that translates it as "Embarssing remarks are not allowed,"
k, now you've confused me with this follow up post. Sounds like you're watching the same as me now O_O Meh, well, it's personal choice anyway, so I'll stick with the group I like
Old 2006-04-05, 11:19   Link #26
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Well smooth indeed lol I especialy liked the ♪"Tzun takapon, Tzun Taka Popoten, Tzun Takapon"♪ part. ^-^

And NSW I have no idea what sub you are talking about.
Old 2006-04-05, 11:28   Link #27
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Yay more chicks rowing boats, dont really mind how they say it or what they say,
just as long as its them and that beautiful setting im happy
Old 2006-04-05, 11:34   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hmm, i'm not to sure if its been announced - but does anyone know how long Natural's gonna last?

Probably 13 episodes, but just wanna make sure.
Old 2006-04-05, 11:36   Link #29
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

It is not right for me to say this, but Akari has a very feminine way of walking

Well animated female movement has a very hypnotic quality for the warm blooded male
Old 2006-04-05, 14:05   Link #30
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Um, Akari is female. So... what's wrong with her having a feminine walk? O_o
Old 2006-04-05, 14:10   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
You know i was gonna say the same thing.. or maybe that something was spelt wrong. ^^;
Old 2006-04-05, 14:43   Link #32
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Im just wondering about the Salamanders nick name for Akari, momiko (it sounds something like that, sry about poor spelling etc, but i havent a clue about the japanese language). Does it mean pigtails or sideburns? Or is it a one of those words which doesnt have a perfect translation into english.
Old 2006-04-05, 14:47   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well, he does cal her Pigtails in the translation for the manga - and i've always taken it for that.

They do look more like Pigtails anyway, nothing like sidburns.
Old 2006-04-05, 14:51   Link #34
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

The version (subs) I'm watching translated that. And yes, it's pigtails, because of her not-quite-pigtail-like hair at the sides.
Old 2006-04-05, 14:53   Link #35
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Pigtails, how we love thee. <3
Old 2006-04-05, 15:02   Link #36
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Indeed! Second only to Alice though
Old 2006-04-05, 18:12   Link #37
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
I don't think Burner meant there's anything `wrong' with it. As a matter of fact I think he meant it's just so right And I'd have to agree A wise man (Solid Snake) once taught me that accurately portrayed female movement can be extremely important.

And yeah, I'd have to go with "pigtails" too just because, not only is it catchy, it makes the most sense.

And Alice wins the "Coolest look in a school uniform award." She's one of my favourite anime characters in total. Need I remind everyone of the hand punishment episode?

I sometimes do wonder though if Woody is just a nickname. I mean, everyone else's name starts with "a". Maybe he's some sort of genetic experiment who's just called by his production name "Woody", and he doesn't have a real name.

So I'm gonna suggest his real name is Alan (not to be confused with Al)
Old 2006-04-05, 18:15   Link #38
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
I hate to break it to you guys, but despite how someone does it and ADV does it in the manga, as a translator, Momiko does actually translate as Sideburn kid/girl/whatever. They're OBVIOUSLY ponytails and he's making fun of them by calling them sideburns. The joke in the first episode wouldn't make any sense otherwise when Akari says "They're not sideburns!". It kind of makes no sense to say "They're not pigtails!" when they actually are.
Old 2006-04-05, 18:37   Link #39
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Personally I don't consider overgrown sideburns to be pigtails, therefore Akari saying 'They're not pigtails' works perfectly. And does anyone really care anyway? Aria isn't the right sort of show to be picking apart over every little detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly
And Alice wins the "Coolest look in a school uniform award." She's one of my favourite anime characters in total. Need I remind everyone of the hand punishment episode?
Seconded, thirded and fourth'ed (is that even a word? lol). Alice rocks. Me points across to his Avatar
Old 2006-04-05, 18:44   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Alice has to be the cutest in terms of looks in Aria.. but i really don't think she can compare to Athena. ^^;;

And about the pigtails thing.. ahh well, i've enjoyed him saying 'Pigtails' upto now, and i wanna stick with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
I sometimes do wonder though if Woody is just a nickname. I mean, everyone else's name starts with "a". Maybe he's some sort of genetic experiment who's just called by his production name "Woody", and he doesn't have a real name.

So I'm gonna suggest his real name is Alan (not to be confused with Al)
Poor Woody, he really must feel left out - Alan's a good name for him. ^^

Tags
drama, hal, science fiction, seinen, slice of life