AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-28, 03:20   Link #2561
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
and who's the last ingredient? Touma?
If that was the case, he should have snatched Touma when he trashed them.

But this is weird, if Touma is the last piece of the puzzle, wouldn't Imagine Breaker destroy his Holy Right? During that fight Touma did destroy that sword right?

Anyway, vol 13 has been updated- Nothing much, just bring Index and Mikoto together and into the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
But at the same time, Crowley has no intent of defeating Russia, instead planning for some other schemes within Russian land.
Those runes perhaps?

Even if Crowley doesn't want to conquer Russia, is Academy City's own paramilitary force actually powerful enough to fight the Russian army?
Old 2010-03-28, 03:41   Link #2562
tsunade666

If its army to army.... the russia had the advantage with man power but we are talking about massive weapons here. With Aleister as the head I wouldn't be surprised of a nuke war. Plus even the lack of man power in academy city. They really don't need it. Most of their power house are remote controlled and A.I. system.
Old 2010-03-28, 04:42   Link #2563
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Yes, Touma is the last ingredient. But, Imagine Breaker is Imagine Breaker, touching it without proper preparation does no good. He cannot process Sasha and Touma at the same time, Imagine Breaker well only become an obstacle at that point. So Fianma leave Touma be just for now, or "main dish is saved for the last" as Fianma put it.

Also, Crwoley's air force is more than enough to bomb Russia into oblivion. Repeatedly in the novel it has been questioned why Crwoley hasn't done that yet, instead taking a passive aggressive straetgy in building fortresses around Russia land without lauching any direct attack.

The only direct offence that conducted by AC are 1. Eliminate LO 2. Retrive Touma 3. Acquire the mysterious document

It is described that AC was already expecting WW3 and has been waiting for it to happen, and the invasion to Russia is just too "JUST AS PLANNED" that it is getting creepy. Everyone noticed that AC is up to something, just they couldn't tell what the AC's goal is.

Yet the same time, it seems the Crwoley isn't fully in control of the situation any more. The possibility that Touma is going to deviate from his plot has increased, why he wants Touma to be retrived in the first place. Nor do I believe he expected the mysterious document to fall into Accelerator's hand. Also, the whole Misha vs. Kazakiri seems to be Eiwas's idea, as Eiwas is the one who prompted Kazakiri to go to Russia.
Old 2010-03-28, 05:09   Link #2564
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Yes, Touma is the last ingredient. But, Imagine Breaker is Imagine Breaker, touching it without proper preparation does no good. He cannot process Sasha and Touma at the same time, Imagine Breaker well only become an obstacle at that point. So Fianma leave Touma be just for now, or "main dish is saved for the last" as Fianma put it.
So like a blowfish, Touma must be properly preped before meal.

Just gets me all fired up just thinking about more revelations coming our way.

Quote:
Also, Crwoley's air force is more than enough to bomb Russia into oblivion. Repeatedly in the novel it has been questioned why Crwoley hasn't done that yet, instead taking a passive aggressive straetgy in building fortresses around Russia land without lauching any direct attack.
Lol, don't tell me he intends to trap and starve the Russians

But seriously speaking, this is Russia we're talking about if they're remotely anything like our world, their Air Power and defense is nothing to scoff at. Crowley must have some superplanes at his disposal...

Quote:
Yet the same time, it seems the Crwoley isn't fully in control of the situation any more. The possibility that Touma is going to deviate from his plot has increased, why he wants Touma to be retrived in the first place. Nor do I believe he expected the mysterious document to fall into Accelerator's hand. Also, the whole Misha vs. Kazakiri seems to be Eiwas's idea, as Eiwas is the one who prompted Kazakiri to go to Russia.
And thankful for that, I was starting to worry that he would become the next Aizen
Old 2010-03-28, 05:45   Link #2565
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Superplanes is indeed what Crowley has. HsF-00 are simply ridiculous.
Old 2010-03-28, 06:06   Link #2566
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Superplanes is indeed what Crowley has. HsF-00 are simply ridiculous.
Ooohhh, do tell I'm crazy about these things

I'm going to assuming the 'HsF' designation stands for "High-speed Fighter", do they have another name? Like how the HsB-02 (possibly "High-speed Bomber") is the '6 Wings'.

(Speaking of which, what is the 'Earth Blade' that I keep hearing about?)
Old 2010-03-28, 06:19   Link #2567
tsunade666

HsF - 00 is equals to 00 gundam.

EDIT:

another chapter is added on vol 13. Thanks for the translation.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2010-03-28 at 06:33.
Old 2010-03-28, 07:34   Link #2568
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
another chapter is added on vol 13. Thanks for the translation.
Lol, good to see Mikoto not completely left out in this.

Looking pretty GAR there Touma
Old 2010-03-28, 07:44   Link #2569
Ashaman

Ah, slightly off topic, but is it true that Touma's parents find out he lost his memory in Vol 10?
Old 2010-03-28, 07:53   Link #2570
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Ah, slightly off topic, but is it true that Touma's parents find out he lost his memory in Vol 10?
I heard it was earlier, like in Volume 4... But no, there was no mentioning about his memories by his parents in volume 10.
Old 2010-03-28, 09:41   Link #2571
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Took a break for quite a while, and when I got back, I got complaints that the last part of Chapter 2 was too hard to understand, so I'm asking you guys, do I need to revise it again and try to make it simpler, or do I leave it as it is?

Anyway, 5%, part 1 of Chapter 3 done.

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2010-03-28 at 10:17.
Old 2010-03-28, 10:14   Link #2572
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ooohhh, do tell I'm crazy about these things

I'm going to assuming the 'HsF' designation stands for "High-speed Fighter", do they have another name? Like how the HsB-02 (possibly "High-speed Bomber") is the '6 Wings'.

(Speaking of which, what is the 'Earth Blade' that I keep hearing about?)
HsB-02 is not '6 Wings'. It's the bomber jet that they used to bomb a certain place in vol. 14.
The "Earth Blade" is basically a giant air blade with iron sand mixed in, used on HsB-02. When traveling fast enough (10000km/h), the blade can reach 8000℃, turning everything in its path into magma.

'6 Wings' is HsAFH-11. It's an unmanned attack heli used within AC.

HsF-00 is a giant (around 80m in length) high speed fighter jet that can do stuff like moving forward on its side and spinning like a top, along with a long firing range for its weapons.
Normally, even if the plane can withstand these movements at a high speed, the pilot can't. So in order to overcome this limitation, the pilot's body is frozen at -70℃, relying on machines to keep them alive, leaving only their brain operational. But even then, part of their computations are also assisted by machines (similar to Accelerator).
Old 2010-03-28, 11:32   Link #2573
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Took a break for quite a while, and when I got back, I got complaints that the last part of Chapter 2 was too hard to understand, so I'm asking you guys, do I need to revise it again and try to make it simpler, or do I leave it as it is?

Anyway, 5%, part 1 of Chapter 3 done.
I say leave it as is for now. Since the last part of chapter 2 is magical exposition, it is going to be hard to understand regardless. This is just my opinion of course.

Also, thanks again for all your hard work.
Old 2010-03-28, 11:56   Link #2574
Shadow5YA

Did anyone else find Fuse-Kazekiri sticking her tongue out in the illustration weird and unnecessary?
Old 2010-03-28, 13:50   Link #2575
zibi88

btw. what is the latest volume of the novel ?? 20 or 22 since at wiki it says that there are currently 22volumes out....

so is it that vol20 was the latest that got scanlated... or wiki has it wrong ?
Old 2010-03-28, 14:03   Link #2576
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
btw. what is the latest volume of the novel ?? 20 or 22 since at wiki it says that there are currently 22volumes out....

so is it that vol20 was the latest that got scanlated... or wiki has it wrong ?
20 volumes plus 2 side stories.
Old 2010-03-28, 14:29   Link #2577
sasuke706

Quote:
I got complaints that the last part of Chapter 2 was too hard to understand, so I'm asking you guys, do I need to revise it again and try to make it simpler, or do I leave it as it is?
While I don't recall anything I couldn't understand, perhaps they could send you the specific parts they didn't get?
Old 2010-03-28, 14:52   Link #2578
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
For me it was easy to understand.
Old 2010-03-28, 15:48   Link #2579
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
As for when this all started, it's not revealed yet. But a fair guess is 1947, when it was officially recorded that he died.
I'd guess it dates to before he wrote the Book of the Law. He seems to have discovered the concepts that lead to the Imaginary District while writing that.
Old 2010-03-28, 16:04   Link #2580
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
What the heck is the Stargate Project?
Historically the Stargate Project was the US Militaries experiments into remote viewing. Part of the whole cluster of experiments that included the infamous goat staring.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen