AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2013-04-18, 22:53   Link #141
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmntrainer7 View Post

Maybe this will get people to stop worrying about them changing anything too much in the adaptation.
Lol, from this fanbase ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 12:11   Link #142
icebreaker

The S from the title "Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S" has been revealed to mean "Sisters"
Are they going to add enough fillers Kamachi anime original content for the sisters arc to last 24 episodes?
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 12:31   Link #143
Sumeragi
Banned

I would think that the current arc of the manga is already related to the Sisters. Wasn't that obvious?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 12:37   Link #144
Marina2

Ep.2 Shinobu vs thugs part is done better than the manga. It's totally awesome!

Oh, I also like Shinobu's character design in anime more than in manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
The S from the title "Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S" has been revealed to mean "Sisters"
Are they going to add enough fillers Kamachi anime original content for the sisters arc to last 24 episodes?
Wait. it doesn't mean "Hope"?
Old 2013-04-19, 12:48   Link #145
icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I would think that the current arc of the manga is already related to the Sisters. Wasn't that obvious?
To put sisters in the title would hint at the whole 24 episodes to be about the sisters arc. I was expecting that it would last only around 13 episodes.

Actually, the Sisters arc lasts 22 chapters in the manga. If they are going at current pace (1 chapter per episode) they only need to fill in 2 episodes, including episode 1.
Old 2013-04-19, 14:29   Link #146
Sumeragi
Banned

You aren't getting it: The Misaki arc itself is also related to the Sisters, thus it wouldn't be a stretch for that arc to be considered part of the Sister arc.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 14:30   Link #147
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Misaki doesn't really factor into things until the Daihaiseisai, though, doesn't she?
Old 2013-04-19, 14:55   Link #148
politicalmetrics

I'm baffled so many people think the Daihensesai arc is a serious possibility this season. There is almost no chance it will finish in the manga within 5 chapters considering the pace and where the story is at. Unless you want a non-canon ending to the arc in the anime (which would be horrible in my opinion) and since there is pretty much no way they let the Anime show the ending before the manga, its not going to happen.
politicalmetrics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 15:24   Link #149
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by politicalmetrics View Post
I'm baffled so many people think the Daihensesai arc is a serious possibility this season. There is almost no chance it will finish in the manga within 5 chapters considering the pace and where the story is at. Unless you want a non-canon ending to the arc in the anime (which would be horrible in my opinion) and since there is pretty much no way they let the Anime show the ending before the manga, its not going to happen.
Non-canon? With Kamachi involved? ... I must have ended up in another parallel world again, I'll sleep and I hope I'll come back to my original world when I wake up.
Old 2013-04-19, 15:26   Link #150
icebreaker

I'm guessing that Misaki is shown in episode 1 to help promote Index NT 7. She's placed absolute bottom in the credits' character list, even lower than the likes of Banri. It's either they stretch sisters to 24 episodes, which is totally reasonable given current pace, or anime orignial.
Old 2013-04-19, 15:33   Link #151
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I'm guessing that Misaki is shown in episode 1 to help promote Index NT 7. She's placed absolute bottom in the credits' character list, even lower than the likes of Banri. It's either they stretch sisters to 24 episodes or anime orignial.

LOL, this fanbase I swear
Old 2013-04-19, 15:42   Link #152
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
I'm guessing that Misaki is shown in episode 1 to help promote Index NT 7. She's placed absolute bottom in the credits' character list, even lower than the likes of Banri. It's either they stretch sisters to 24 episodes, which is totally reasonable given current pace, or anime orignial.
Actually it works for both, those who are waiting the next novel release will try the anime and those who are with the will try the new novel in order to know more about Misaki.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 15:53   Link #153
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You guys are forgetting that Iguchi Yuka is singing the ED, that means that Index totally would have a major role in the second season ! Just like how for some reason you're convinced that when a character 'appear' on the credits listing somehow totally means jack at all.

Oh and OPs/EDs are totally accurate foreshadowing devices You can include credits as well!
Old 2013-04-19, 16:00   Link #154
icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You guys are forgetting that Iguchi Yuka is singing the ED, that means that Index totally would have a major role in the second season ! Just like how for some reason you're convinced that when a character 'appear' on the credits listing somehow totally means jack at all.

Oh and OPs/EDs are totally accurate foreshadowing devices You can include credits as well!
I haven't yet seen a major character of the second half in an anime being placed rock bottom in the credits' character list. Prove me wrong. There's a reason the character list is ordered like that.
Old 2013-04-19, 18:03   Link #155
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I haven't yet seen a major character of the second half in an anime being placed rock bottom in the credits' character list. Prove me wrong. There's a reason the character list is ordered like that.
Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

She's NOT a major character to begin with. The credits are listed according to the episode and she is a minor character in this episode.

You're probably the first person I've ever known to judge characters by when they appears in the credit, congratulation!
Old 2013-04-19, 22:24   Link #156
SilverTalon

Misaka mentioned what I believe is the Liberal Arts City trip at the start ep 2 while talking to Kuroko which happens before Misaki's arc and they definitely won't be able to do both.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 22:34   Link #157
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTalon View Post
Misaka mentioned what I believe is the Liberal Arts City trip at the start ep 2 while talking to Kuroko which happens before Misaki's arc and they definitely won't be able to do both.
Metropolitan Society Observation?

September does sound like it'll fit into the timeline...
Old 2013-04-21, 14:31   Link #158
Primary Consult

Quote:

I was hoping LA City trip was what they were referring to with that... glad this thread exists for spoilery speculation.

Considering the next Index season would have to include Volume 15, introducing Xochitl in Railgun would create a nice situation where those watching the anime adaptations would get a more full "experience" than those reading the original content in release order...
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 16:45   Link #159
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

The more I think about it, the more I see Liberal Arts City fitting into this season. It works timeline wise, it'd be good for continuity moving forward, and whether you like or not, it's the perfect excuse for the dreaded fan-service episode. Plus IIRC, all four lead girls are more heavily involved in the plot versus the Sisters arc.

The fact that that trip was mentioned in episode 2 has me really thinking LAC is coming up. Or hoping anyway.
touge-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 17:22   Link #160
SilverTalon

Quote:

I could have misheard, but I think Misaka said 広域社会見学 (kouikishakaikengaku) which does sound like it is an apt name for this part of JS06's translation of the SS chapter 1:
Quote:
It all started with a large-scale field trip.
A randomly selected group of students from Japan’s Academy City went to places all over the world over the week of September 3 to 10 in what was essentially a study group.
And supposing I didn't mishear and as the timeline matches up, I kind of doubt Metropolitan Society Observation is a very good translation if you consider what exactly the girls are sent to do over in LA City. At least the last part, 見学 also means field trip which is what it is referred to in JS06's translation (no idea what the japanese word used was though). I mean I don't really care what some one wants to translate what as, but just that the specific one you are using makes it hard to believe it could be describing sending high school girls to a floating island in America which is a tourist attraction and popular movie filming site.

Given they mentioned it, I think it would be reasonable to assume the anime will cover it which means there shouldn't be time for Misaki's arc.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote