AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-03, 20:14   Link #1
Slideways
Always Confused

President Bush arrested by Canadian Forces joke?

http://www.world-cnn.com/2004/WORLD/...est/index.html

Well, all I can say is... get ready for nukes =/

Last edited by Slideways; 2004-12-03 at 20:20. Reason: Added stuff
Old 2004-12-03, 20:18   Link #2
Slideways
Always Confused

I heard its a joke, but its still funny =P
Old 2004-12-03, 20:29   Link #3
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I like that. ^^

ALthough it's entirely untrue that it happened, I was reading the article expecting the last line to read "is expected to happen on this week's This hour has 22 Minutes."
Old 2004-12-03, 20:52   Link #4
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
LOL

Stupid ten Charater limit
Old 2004-12-03, 21:06   Link #5
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Hmm, personally I didn't find it to be very funny. Now if it had really happened, then it would have been funny.
Of course there is no way it could have happened, as that law is only meant as a statement against war crimes. Isn't arresting a foreign head of state visiting on a diplomatic mission against international law? I mean the US can't arrest castro when he visits the UN...
Also I don't think canada has any legal jurisdiction in the matter. That's something that has to be handled by international courts, I believe. Now when Bush leaves office, maybe he should watch his step. Canada still wouldn't have any jurisdiction, but they wouldn't be breaking the law by arresting him.
Old 2004-12-03, 21:23   Link #6
音楽は死んだ
Boobies² = Fun

Send a message via Yahoo to 音楽は死んだ
Nah, wouldent of been funny. Personaly I was a bit torn over him possibly getting killed up here. I mean it would of made the world a better place, but instead of his own security getting blamed they would probly try and pin it on us.

Who am I kidding, my own edgy humor is probly going to be misintepreted ~__~ I'm still angry he chose Halifax over Gander, wooo they took a whole 2 planes more so they need the attention. Gander is tinny, they could use the PR.
Old 2004-12-03, 21:49   Link #7
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Definetly not real, hopefully the picture of Bush bruised is real at least...perhaps finally a protestor who can aim! The Ann Coulter pie "fiasco" really made me question these people...all that trouble and you can't even hit her with the damn pie!
Old 2004-12-03, 22:28   Link #8
Slideways
Always Confused

If this was real... i'm sure we would deploy everything we had at Canada. Form a 2000mile long DMZ... and then, I'm not sure what would happen actually. But it makes you wonder what would?
Old 2004-12-03, 23:36   Link #9
Shadowlord
~DESU

This was too funny. I really believed that this had happened until i rememberred it was a joke part. I wish it had happened, would have been interesting to see what happened. LOL, you americans better watch out for our beavers with rockets, and the giant moose laser, not to mention the HUGE number of canoes that were added to our military force recently!
Old 2004-12-03, 23:37   Link #10
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

www.world-cnn.com vs www.cnn.com/WORLD
Just a site posing as cnn.
Old 2004-12-03, 23:40   Link #11
Green²
It's bacon!

Old 2004-12-04, 00:04   Link #12
Slideways
Always Confused

http://www.code7r.org/Bintoons/ca1.htm

Canada's Armed Forces
Old 2004-12-04, 00:08   Link #13
aahhsin

I need to ask.

Why do you Canadian's hate Bush so much? He's doing a pretty fine job as President right now.

If you people honestly believed that Kerry would have exited US forces out of the war, you need to take a course in Politics.

Say how's everything with Quebec anyways? Do they still want to leave your country?
Old 2004-12-04, 00:13   Link #14
Seigfried
Deathdealer Of Swordplay

woah.
I actually thought that was for real.
lol.
man that's funny.
Old 2004-12-04, 01:17   Link #15
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
I need to ask.

Why do you Canadian's hate Bush so much? He's doing a pretty fine job as President right now.

If you people honestly believed that Kerry would have exited US forces out of the war, you need to take a course in Politics.

Say how's everything with Quebec anyways? Do they still want to leave your country?
How is bush doing a 'fine job'? I mean if he was just doing stuff I disargeed with, that would be one thing, but he gets rid of people who disagree with him, and surrounds himself with yesmen advisers that share exactly the same views as himself on most issues. Remember, Bush is a man who brought every corporation he touched to ruin, probably by doing the same thing.
A president needs different perspectives on issus, which Bush isn't getting. For instance, Powell disagreed with Bush on many key issues, and as such was isolated within the administration. When he finally resigned in the second term, bush replaced him with Rice, who consistantly held the views which are exactly the same as Bush's. Worse, he filled Rice's old position with the guy who put the line about Iraq attempting to aquire weapons grade uranium in africa in the state of the Union address two years ago, I think, or was it last year... *edit: it had to be 2 years ago, as it was part of the case for invading Iraq* He should have been fired for that, but instead he was kept on and got a promotion.
Though I do agree with you that people who think kerry would have pulled troops out of Iraq are deluded. I still think Kerry would have been able to get the troops home sooner than Bush will though. Actually i think kerry could have won the election if, instead of saying the war in Iraq will cost the US 200 billion dollars, he said the Iraq war cost over 1200 american lives and counting. Of course it wasn't that high then, 1100 or so I think...

Last edited by Kamui4356; 2004-12-04 at 01:49.
Old 2004-12-04, 01:23   Link #16
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
I'm a Canadian and over the years I've learned that I could care less about the government in another country.... it's too much hassle... I'll just be indifferent...

on topic... the link was alright, not too funny... btw... it looked real to me though (well, the site at least)....
Old 2004-12-04, 02:45   Link #17
Shadowlord
~DESU

Quote:
I need to ask.

I will clarify right off the bat that this post is NOT to insult the majority of americans, and is merely being used to answer a question presented. I have absolutley NO hate towards Most americans, but like the rest of the world share a distaste towards the American government. This is NOT a dislike of democracy or freedom as many will comment.

Canadians hate Bush soo much because he is the leader of a government who continually bullshits Canada and the rest of the world. I think I will give a few examples for the dislike of him from Canadians..

1. Mad Cow Disease (BSE) - it may have been a while ago, but the fact is, America blocked ALL Canadian beef from enterring their country. The thing is, with mad cow disease, its only harmful to humans if the infected meat is left uncooked. Second, even after the massive slaughter of thousands of cattle, and even after the WTO had declared Canada BSE free, the U.S. still banned Canadian beef. Then, a little while later, The U.S. reported instanced of BSE and was whining over how the world shouldn't block their beef as it was not harmful to human. Canada even kept its boarders open to U.S. beef in an act of good faith, yet we are STILL banned from exporting beef to the U.S.

2. Softwood Lumber - I will make this easy to understand (based on my knowledge):

1. U.S. wants our lumber
2. Canada wants to sell the lumber to the U.S.
3. U.S. is imposing MASSIVE tarrifs on our lumber and expects us to pay MORE than what it is worth just to get it to the U.S.
4. Canada decides that the U.S. is an ass for this, and decides to stop sending lumber
5. U.S. seizes all Canadian lumber already in the U.S. and refuses to give it back
6. U.S. proposes that they just take the lumber and not pay the Canadians, this is stealing, yet they think they have the right.

I will use those 2 examples as I believe they are some of the most prominant at the moment (plus i dont want to write anymore)

Also, Canadians (and the rest of the world for that matter) hate Bush for a comman reason. He is the leader of a militaristic nation that is concerned only with themselver. A government that thinks themselves superior to everyone else and think they are "helping" other nations by forcing their corrupt version of democracy on them.

I should clarify now, that most Canadians (as far as i know) DONT hate Americans, they hate the American government and its actions.

To answer your other question (even though it is sarcasm), yes the Bloc quebecois are still advocating for Quebec to become their own nation, they have been trying for over 10 years. IT will never happen as they don't have support from a majority of the population.

Again, I will clarify that this is not directed towards the American people, rather, towards the government.

Last edited by Shadowlord; 2004-12-04 at 05:13.
Old 2004-12-04, 03:44   Link #18
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Hmm, personally I didn't find it to be very funny. Now if it had really happened, then it would have been funny.
Of course there is no way it could have happened, as that law is only meant as a statement against war crimes. Isn't arresting a foreign head of state visiting on a diplomatic mission against international law? I mean the US can't arrest castro when he visits the UN...
Also I don't think canada has any legal jurisdiction in the matter. That's something that has to be handled by international courts, I believe. Now when Bush leaves office, maybe he should watch his step. Canada still wouldn't have any jurisdiction, but they wouldn't be breaking the law by arresting him.

Ok, the canadian thing may have been funny but

This thing did happen FOR REAL in my country! (not the arrest, but Bush was charged for war crimes)

In Belgium, up to a year ago we had a law to deal with crimes vs humanity. Now this law applied to ALL humans and thus even non-belgian inhabitants.

Guess what happened, a few months afetr the law passed there were allready several lawsuits in progress against some well-known criminals but ALSO against a number of heads of states : To name a few examples : Sharon was being charged for crimes against Palestines, Charon was being charged for crimes in the camps of Shabron-Shatilla (sp?) Pinochet was being charged for crimes, The US general in command in Iraq was being charged for war crimes, President Bush was being charged for war crimes, half the leaders of the African Nations were being charged with crimes vs humanity, etc....
let me repeat, this is for real, it's not a joke

As you can guess, this didn't make our country very popular, in fact within weeks after the law passed we were having diplomatic troubles troubles with half the world . What happened afterwards was not a nice thing to see, Our government was being threathened by the US and a few other nations, threathened that they would pull out all American companies working here (and there are alot of them), threathen that they would relocate the NATO headquarters (which is currently loceted in Brussels our capital), and so on...

Eventually, our prime minister gave up and they had to invent 2-3 laws just to cancel this law, it was a disgusting play of politis which made me lose the last bit of faith I had in our current government...
Old 2004-12-04, 04:15   Link #19
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

While not a nice thing to say and sadly it wasn't on his planned activity list, but I was hoping for him to take a ride in one of our legendary Seahawk helicopters.

Or at the very least let him attend one session of the legislative body just to see how long it would take for the secret service to rush him out of the building and away to safety like they did with Reagan.

But it would seem that the 'assassins' also failed to hit him. -.-
Old 2004-12-04, 04:58   Link #20
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
I need to ask.

Oh scram! It's the party pooper! Honestly do we need another anti-Bush vs pro-Bush debate on here? Give this topic a few more pages and it'll just be that back and forth...
Closed Thread