AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-01-06, 09:11   Link #6101
Kaoru842

um, whether we like it or not, souske is Asian and Asian people made the anime, so they should be given credit for
Kaoru842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 11:18   Link #6102
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
EWWWWWWW!!!! NOWAY!!
That kid is funny but HELL NO, Sousuke needs to be handsome,..and military fit..
and that kid is no where near it
I can't imagin over 5 girls fighting over him...
I won't mind if hes not asian, to be honest no asian can fit his looks at all anyways...
tan and big eyes?...doubt it..
You don't really know much about how Asians look then, do you? You might be surprised. The 'narrow eyes' thing is a completely ridiculous generalization. Between the 'major 3' most Westerners think of, only Chinese have really narrow eyes. Koreans are a bit between, but surgery on the eyelids to make the eyes seem wider was extremely popular at one point, so you'll find many of them have wide eyes if they grew up during that time (my mother-in-law is one of them). As for the Japanese, I find they have the widest eyes of the three. (If we're talking between Chinese, Korean, and Japanese, I actually CAN tell the difference by looking at their faces with almost no mishaps)

Not to mention the fact that it's a cartoon, you're not going to get eyes THAT big out of ANYONE.

"Tan" isn't hard in the slightest. You won't get his particular shade of tan out of a white guy. You won't. It's popular to have pale skin right now over there, so you won't see many people that are tan, but trust me, you're not going to get the right color skin out of a tanned white guy and you will out of an Asian.

As for how in shape they are, that's very easily remedied by exercising, lol. The guy in A.S.S. is fairly in shape, not great, but it wouldn't take much to get there. I didn't think that kid was too bad looking, but maybe not exactly good for Sousuke.

The poor confused boy in the music video, however, the moment I saw him my mind immediately went to Sousuke. He reminds me of the boy so much and I really think that if Sousuke were real, he would have looked like that guy. I think he's perfect for the role, at least in looks, but I know nothing of his voice, and that would obviously be the breaking point.

Quote:
As for the petition, um its useless without a japanese translation v.v *sorry.......what point is there if Gatou cant read it?
I still need to dumb the language down so I can translate it, then give it to my friends who can fix my grammar and hopefully make the language richer, since it'll probably read stiffly at first. u.u; Sorry. Life's been busy and I haven't had the brain power to tackle it.

Quote:
And if that so called "interesting" project thing is doing is small it might be just a short story or a Fumoffu again..?
My point was that it's never described as 'small' or 'little' in the Japanese. XD That's a misrepresentation in the English translation ANN provided. They said a 'little interesting project,' which would mean a project that is both interesting and little, and that's not correct. The real meaning is that it's either a 'kind of amusing' or 'kind of interesting' project, but NOT 'little.' Just because he didn't SAY it's little, however, obviously doesn't come to follow that it's big.

The 'kind of amusing/interesting' project, however, is DEFINITELY NOT a short story. He mentioned planning short story releases this year and then said "Completely separate from any of that, there's a kinda amusing project related to FMP in the works."
Old 2011-01-06, 14:34   Link #6103
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Well, tbh I'm quite skeptical myself about a "real" FMP movie, be it hollywood or whatever... The last - and first, and only - thing like that - I know of, 'cause I really can't say I've seen it, I quitted after... 10 seconds - was Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon... and IMO it sucked... really-really hard!!! So I'm expecting something that will destroy the FMP-universe so carefully created in the anime seasons

BUT!!! On the other hand, it might be a good thing someone decided to do this, paying some importance to the series, maybe it will have some effect on a new anime season as well... I mean, if it's worth doing a movie - even if it turns out to be really poor movie - why wouldn't it be worth doing an anime?
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 15:25   Link #6104
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
You don't really know much about how Asians look then, do you? You might be surprised. The 'narrow eyes' thing is a completely ridiculous generalization. Between the 'major 3' most Westerners think of, only Chinese have really narrow eyes. Koreans are a----etc."
no need to be defensive Fiesty-san..was just my oppinion regardless...
Old 2011-01-06, 20:47   Link #6105
FeistyDreams

Wasn't being defensive, was just explaining my point completely rather than simply stating it. Didn't mean to come off defensively. ^^
Old 2011-01-07, 12:26   Link #6106
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Wasn't being defensive, was just explaining my point completely rather than simply stating it. Didn't mean to come off defensively. ^^
<.<;;;...sure you did! whats that glock doing in your hand!?

I got a halisen fan! <__< lol..
Old 2011-01-07, 23:00   Link #6107
FeistyDreams

In FMP rock-paper-scissors, Harisen beats Glock >.> ...I'm not exactly sure what the third thing would be o.O XDDD
Old 2011-01-08, 20:08   Link #6108
illuminatus8

Quote:
In FMP rock-paper-scissors, Harisen beats Glock >.> ...I'm not exactly sure what the third thing would be o.O XDDD
Arm Slave, duh.
illuminatus8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 02:16   Link #6109
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Lol...XD nice..

hm..halisen is paper
glock is rock?

scissor is...? has to be something that cuts..lol

I suppose one of those daggers Sousuke has would do..o.O...

or maybe Bontakun himself..XD
eitherway, I dont think the occasional flying fire-extinguisher counts ...rofl...
Old 2011-01-09, 12:00   Link #6110
FeistyDreams

KA-BAR? Machete? Hmmm....

...This reminds me, I have an FMP trivia board game to finish designing...
Old 2011-01-09, 14:44   Link #6111
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
KA-BAR? Machete? Hmmm....

...This reminds me, I have an FMP trivia board game to finish designing...
neat..o.O..cant wait to see that...

But if Sousuke weilds any particular weapon, halisen always beats it..o.O...
Chidori has higher odds? XD...
Old 2011-01-09, 22:18   Link #6112
psicomenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-short-stories

Hopefully the 'little interesting project' is a new season, but that's still just wishful thinking, right?
Just now I see this, thank you so much for the info, maybe the 'little interesting project' is a spin-of novel , and I'm not sure what I feel about the american movie .
psicomenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 22:45   Link #6113
FeistyDreams

@selily
I really just need to get off my lazy bum and sit down with Pagemaker and actually design the cards and instruction sheet. Shouldn't take me too long once I do. Theoretically, I should be able to figure out a way to export to PDF and make the fields alterable, so people without Pagemaker can view and use the template. I've never done it before though, so that will be a learning experience.

Also, I promise I'll try REALLY HARD to work on the petition. ToT I feel bad. I keep meaning to get on it, and I keep forgetting. *sniffles* *pouts cutely* Am I forgiven if I say the reason is because my husband actually has been home for the past several weeks, when he normally travels constantly for work?

...I'm getting sick of him now though 'cause he's home all day every day and I dun' work either, so I'll run away with my netbook to some corner of the house and work on it. =P (kidding, kidding, I love him, even if I do have to deal with him every second of every day XDDD)

@psicomenace
Here's a more-or-less full summary/translation of the blog post that ANN post is talking about, along with some notes from someone who's fluent in Japanese about the possibilities

Quote:
The beginning is New Year's greetings, thanking for the past year, that kind of thing.

He mentions Cop Craft (another book series he's been working on) will have the 3rd volume for sale on the 18th.

"But my work still isn't over."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry--" He's got two NEW written projects. Completely unrelated to FMP. Completely unrelated to Cop Craft. These two new projects will be printed by FujimiShobo (the same company who printed the FMP books). One is a slapstick comedy. One is a "mecha and guns-blazin'" series. Remember, this comedy and this action series both ARE NOT FMP. They are completely new projects.

New FMP short story collection will be released sometime soon. Then something about thinking about 'kakioroshi' ( 書き下ろし 【かきおろし】 (n) writing something on commission; newly written text; 《verb stem》 書き下ろす 【かきおろす】 ; (v5s,vt) to write a play, book, filmscript, etc.; ED) And "Completely separate from any of that, there's a slightly amusing FMP project in the works." (I double-checked with someone who's fluent in Japanese, he said 'amusing' makes more sense than 'interesting' here)

Then something like "In addition, there's a separate work that I can't talk about yet coming down soon," and something about it seeming like this is going to be an extremely busy year for him.
Old 2011-01-17, 20:42   Link #6114
Raikou-Neko

Decent News!

According to Tokyopop's website, they plan to release the 4th volume of FMP on February 1st.

I have no idea why they waited nearly 3 years to release the next volume, but at least it's finally here, eh?
Raikou-Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 21:43   Link #6115
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikou-Neko View Post
Decent News!

According to Tokyopop's website, they plan to release the 4th volume of FMP on February 1st.

I have no idea why they waited nearly 3 years to release the next volume, but at least it's finally here, eh?
YAAAAY!!! Better late then nevah !!! YAYIIIIESSSSZZAAAA WOOTTIES DIES*!
Old 2011-01-18, 22:30   Link #6116
illuminatus8

If I heard right it will be both of the Ending Day by Day novels in one volume.

TP had some serious cash flow problems over the last few years but it looks as if they've gotten themselves back together. Dropping their video division probably helped tremendously.
Old 2011-01-20, 10:13   Link #6117
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

K, so its been like 2 years since I looked at this. Did the main series finally end? Anyone have a good summary of what happened?
Old 2011-01-20, 14:30   Link #6118
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerschmitt_Bf-109 View Post
K, so its been like 2 years since I looked at this. Did the main series finally end? Anyone have a good summary of what happened?
Y, Leonard & Kalinin die, Leviathan is destroyed - the machine, Al survives, Sousuke ends up with Kaname, Lemon seems to be getting Tessa, Kurz is alive... and Mao is very happy about that, etc...

Or, ofc, you could check some pages backwards, look for some summaries yourself...
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 20:01   Link #6119
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasvik View Post
Y, Leonard & Kalinin die, Leviathan is destroyed - the machine, Al survives, Sousuke ends up with Kaname, Lemon seems to be getting Tessa, Kurz is alive... and Mao is very happy about that, etc...

Or, ofc, you could check some pages backwards, look for some summaries yourself...
you forgot the most important reason why i read the entire book...lol
(other then the climatic romance of course!)..

Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-23, 00:26   Link #6120
illuminatus8

Nothing to see here

Last edited by illuminatus8; 2011-07-31 at 00:29. Reason: Wiping links.

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen