AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-13, 04:19   Link #41
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Ah ok, thanks. A bit sad that, the mmo part is what interested me about the game.

Hopefully Dow3 will include Tau, loved playing them in Dow1.
Old 2015-07-08, 21:38   Link #42
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Dawn of War 3 domain registered

Good news to hear.
Old 2016-05-03, 09:24   Link #43
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Thanks to LoweGear for pointing me to this thread. We can make this relevant again.

[see video below]
Old 2016-05-03, 09:25   Link #44
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Imperial Knights!!!!!!

If we can play those ingame, this'll be quite EPIC!!!!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-03, 09:36   Link #45
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Awesome showing with a little awkwardness on the space marines design here. I'm just curious to see what gameplay they'll roll with.

Still feels great to see this again after so long of waiting.
Old 2016-05-03, 09:46   Link #46
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

[PG Gamer]Dawn of War 3: inside Relic's biggest RTS yet

Some more info, including this important bit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer
Bases return

Dawn of War 1 style bases are back. They produce your workaday line units such as Tactical Marines, heavy-weapon Devastators and Dreadnought walkers. As in previous games, you build power generators and capture requisition points in the field to acquire resources.

If your Space Marines are too lazy to walk you can load units into three drop pods and smash them into a fight to surprise and squash the enemy. This is a key part of the Space Marines' 'death from above' strategy, which also incorporates jump-pack powered Assault Marines and a giant orbital laser—more on that later.
BASES!!!!!!!!!!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-03, 10:10   Link #47
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Gabriel Angelos returns to lead the Blood Ravens
Gabriel comes back for round 3 it seems

BASES!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2016-05-03, 11:50   Link #48
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So DOW 3 features the Space Marines, Eldar and Orks and base building returns.
Can't wait to see gameplay footage.
Old 2016-05-03, 17:23   Link #49
Brother Coa
Banned

After several years of long wait it is finally here.

I can finally return to my new and improved spreading of Imperial Creed to wider galaxy.

3 races so far, not bad start... they will probably add more later on.

Angelos returns and he is full of cybernetics - meaning that Retribution Space Marine campaign is the canonical one.
And Gorgutz and Masha are always nice welcome ( maybe we will now finally know if Guard really won Kaurava conflict ).

Base building and large battles with DoW II graphics?
I am already bought by Relic and SEGA.

I just hope they will not mess it up like they did Soulstorm... ;_;
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-03, 20:32   Link #50
yulinard

I can see they will add Tau latter since since then tau have giga load of upgrades. they even have their own titan now.

Combat mechanic will probably borrowed some COH 2 like doctrines which will make your army unique.
yulinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-03, 22:23   Link #51
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Don't the Space Marines look skinny?

Also, glad to know Gabriel's' girlfriend and the Ork who knows to run and fight another day are back.
Old 2016-05-04, 00:13   Link #52
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulinard View Post
I can see they will add Tau latter since since then tau have giga load of upgrades. they even have their own titan now.

Combat mechanic will probably borrowed some COH 2 like doctrines which will make your army unique.
Maybe in the later upgrades, although not many people liked them for how cheesy they were in the original game.

And no.... Riptide is NOT a titan - it's just giant battle suit. And one that can be easily rip apart by Imperial Knight on range or in cc.

And judging how DoW II was same like CoH tactic wise, where you also had unique armies, I have no doubt that DoW III will be with those mechanics but with bigger army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Don't the Space Marines look skinny?
I would not take this trailer seriously as it serves only for commercial purpose.

Space Marines dying that easily and in droves? Someone must have replaced them with Imperial Guardsmen.
Old 2016-05-04, 00:16   Link #53
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
And judging how DoW II was same like CoH tactic wise, where you also had unique armies, I have no doubt that DoW III will be with those mechanics but with bigger army.
They have the same cover system as DoW. So at least the unit AI won't be really frustrating.
Old 2016-05-04, 01:25   Link #54
yulinard

Quote:
Maybe in the later upgrades, although not many people liked them for how cheesy they were in the original game.

And no.... Riptide is NOT a titan - it's just giant battle suit. And one that can be easily rip apart by Imperial Knight on range or in cc.

Tau'nar suit is enough to be called titan sized. So if at top tier tech Space marine can call Imperial knight, Eldar can call Wraith Knight, Ork can call Gargant, Tau can call Tau'nar suit.

Tau dont have any appearance in DoW II because they can't came out with three commander archtype. But now after their codex update they can. If DoW III use DoW II three commander archtype then it will be battle suit commander, Stealthsuit commander and Fireblade commander.

Tau cheesy in DoW I? Because DoW I CC mechanic is crap.
Old 2016-05-04, 02:10   Link #55
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulinard View Post
Tau'nar suit is enough to be called titan sized. So if at top tier tech Space marine can call Imperial knight, Eldar can call Wraith Knight, Ork can call Gargant, Tau can call Tau'nar suit.
Tau'nar is Forge World only, and I doubt they will include Forge World units ( because of imbalance they are causing ).
If that is the case I want my Imperator Titan. xD

Quote:
Tau dont have any appearance in DoW II because they can't came out with three commander archtype. But now after their codex update they can. If DoW III use DoW II three commander archtype then it will be battle suit commander, Stealthsuit commander and Fireblade commander.
They have - in Last Stand, same as Necrons. xD
And it's not like the Relic cannot invent some commander archtypes for the game.

But the truth is that Tau did not appear in DoW II because sub-sector Aurelia is probably very far from the eastern fringe where Tau is located. And seeing how Tau need few weeks to get from T'au to borders of their Empire at their maximum ship speed it is of no surprise why they didn't appear in the game.

Quote:
Tau cheesy in DoW I? Because DoW I CC mechanic is crap.
Cheesy as hell, when I played with them I never lose because I outshout all of my opposition ( because in DoW you can shoot trough mountains like they don't exists ) . 8 Fire Warrior teams and 4 steamthsuit teams combined with 2 Hammerheads and Skyrays with one or two Manta thrown in and I never lost a game. The only potential threat coming from end-tier units and I never let my opponent to reach that level.
And I am primarily a Guard player. xD

And I do agree that CC is bad, the strongest armies in DoW were literally the one with the best firing troops and those are Tau and Imperial Guard.
Old 2016-05-04, 02:58   Link #56
yulinard

Quote:
Tau'nar is Forge World only, and I doubt they will include Forge World units ( because of imbalance they are causing ).
If that is the case I want my Imperator Titan. xD
It's fukin Dawn of War. In DoW I you have ork Squigrot. Then for Tau they have Skyray, Baracuda, Piranha and Great Knarlock. Only Piranha and Skyray made into codex although they are FW model before that.
Old 2016-05-04, 03:29   Link #57
Brother Coa
Banned

Except all of these you mentioned are low level FW units. Same like the Guard who has Baneblade which is strong but nothing like Titans or even heavier versions of the same vehicle.

Tau'nar is high level and I doubt it will be in the game. I think Riptide will be for sure as an heavy special option for Tau. But nothign heavier than that.

That is is they even include Tau now, the way I see it Tau may come but in one of the expansion aka Winter Assault, Dark Crusade and Soulstorm style. This is smart marketing move, add only 3 races to see how it will be received and add more later on if the game is successful. But I think it is a mistake to not include Chaos faction again in the 1'st version, I thought they learned that mistake from Dawn of War II launch.
Old 2016-05-04, 19:26   Link #58
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

A part of me tells me that Focus Home Interactive might succeed SEGA as a WH 40K game publisher, since the franchise began to bloom this year with Battlefleet Gothic: Armada and Space Hulk: Deathwing.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-13, 14:17   Link #59
Brother Coa
Banned

Gameplay footage.

Pros - graphics and animation.
Cons - Angelos voice.
Old 2016-06-13, 14:23   Link #60
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

So I see why they toned down the graphics compared to previous titles. They want to throw more units on the field. Still, Gabby what did they do to your voice!