AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-14, 16:26   Link #1381
Shinon

^ to see through walls and clothes
Old 2013-02-14, 16:28   Link #1382
WILD_LION

I think that after see all his friends fight better, the first step to he is admit that he need to improve, sword domination, magic, dragon form, and zero and infinite powers, after search a master who train him because his normal training is not enough to him.
Old 2013-02-14, 18:19   Link #1383
Ghost4321

I really want to know about Rias' new move. If it has something to do with dragons like Akeno's "Raikouryuu" I can see a dragon made of pure Destruction and Fire magic(crimson colored??) heh
Old 2013-02-14, 19:29   Link #1384
WILD_LION

I think that the energy ball, is a concentration of demonic power destruction with dragon ki absorved of ISE but my question is, how much ki dragon will they have? and for how many time?, because the ki provides from ISE dont from her, Akeno and Rias are using the inestable(for the moment) dragon power of ISE.
Old 2013-02-14, 19:46   Link #1385
Tru3Ph03niX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost4321 View Post
The only thing with the new dragon power is the after affects. I don't feel like re-reading volume 14 life 3 to find out what happened after it. but other then that, I'm really curious as to what magic ise might learn in the near future.
My guess is after getting so scared of all the guys advancing on him he learns to create a barrier where the only ones who can approach him are woman. Where of course he will then proceed to listen to their breasts and strip them.
Old 2013-02-14, 20:33   Link #1386
WILD_LION

I am not so sure that ISE can use magic, because requires so many calculations, But maybe he can create something that destroy the magic(Imagine Breaker INDEX), because his right arm dragon destroy the magic defense.
Old 2013-02-14, 21:01   Link #1387
serbian otaku #1

Well, that's pure Dragon power, and also he doesn't have to learn magic, he can learn to use demonic-powers that only require imagination, and not calculation, if i remember correctly.
Old 2013-02-14, 21:21   Link #1388
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinon View Post
considering what Le Fay told him.... aint far off
Old 2013-02-14, 22:21   Link #1389
bigzam

Hi, new to this LN, im just wondering wat the harem rankings were for Issei?
Old 2013-02-14, 22:27   Link #1390
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzam View Post
Hi, new to this LN, im just wondering wat the harem rankings were for Issei?
Should be in the question thread, but here.

1) Rias
2) Asia
3) Akeno
4) Koneko
from 5 and on, there really isn't a particular order yet, in my opinion, so could go either way with these.
5) I believe the last ranking was Irina surprisingly
6) Xenovia
7) Ravel
8) Rossweisse is unknown right now, so not sure she counts.
Old 2013-02-14, 23:04   Link #1391
Ghost4321

I hope ravel actually fights in these up coming volumes, would like to see how strong she is
Old 2013-02-14, 23:10   Link #1392
cyberdemon

Quote:
I hope ravel actually fights in these up coming volumes, would like to see how strong she is
Ravel is a strategist rather than a front liner. She likely has strength as Phenex but probably has more strategic ways of using it than powerful ways.
Old 2013-02-14, 23:25   Link #1393
Ghost4321

thats what i meant to say >.>' I want her to show off her smarts basically. I know she does it while sorting out Ise's magacians, but I want to see her make a strategy O.0. maybe they might get seperated if there is a war in romaina and they have to go and rescue/help kiba, rias, and azazel and she has to make a plan for the rest of the team. be kinda interesting if you ask me.
Old 2013-02-14, 23:45   Link #1394
sky black swordman

Quote:
personally I'm looking forward to volume 15's short stories. I'm hoping that one of the short stories are about his dragonafication. also hoping theres the date with rias and the other girls stalking them lmao.
Sadly it wont, volume 15 is a collection of older SS before volume 14 and one new SS about Kiba's past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysth View Post
What do you mean Ise is in a corner without any hope of getting stronger? At the moment Ise is "weak" because Ddraig is a sleep but even without Ddraig Ise can become stronger. For example he can start learning how to use ascalon, he can train his flying with devil wings. He can train his new dragon abilities. Then there is magic. The question about the life force is one which will be resolved in time until then he can have his moments with koneko and Akeno.
IMO, I think it would be better if he learned how to fly with his BB Dragon wings first before his Devil wings because most of the time he has to fight in BB. He rarely fights with out him armor any more.
Old 2013-02-14, 23:49   Link #1395
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
thats what i meant to say >.>' I want her to show off her smarts basically. I know she does it while sorting out Ise's magacians, but I want to see her make a strategy O.0. maybe they might get seperated if there is a war in romaina and they have to go and rescue/help kiba, rias, and azazel and she has to make a plan for the rest of the team. be kinda interesting if you ask me.
She doesn't necessarily have to be a front line fighter. The Gremory group consist of a good balance between support and front line, the only problem is that there is too much offensive power and not enough technique. That problem is quickly changing, Xenovia just show-case that she is very well adapted in using 3 of the 7 Excalibur pieces efficiently, Mimic, Destruction, and Rapidly. Rossweisse has both power and technique essentially a one women artillery of multiple elements. Akeno, Holy Lighting Dragon that seems to have a mind of its own is something that is hard to counter for any technique type. Rias having a death ball that will incinerate anything that it comes into contact that can only be counter with something more powerful which there are very few who can. Pretty good, good well balance that is developing also very terrifying that the Gremory group is becoming that powerful.

Ravel is a Bishop, so in theory she may be similar to Rossweisse as a mobile artillery and is hinted that she can use the power of the phoenix like her family. A artillery of Phoenix fire will no doubt be something terrifying coupled with Ravel being there at all of Raiser's rating game match so she has extensive knowledge of technique and imagination to develop new ones.

Rias is shown to have that ability as well, though there haven't been many moments when she leads the Gremory group due to may circumstances. Rias done pretty well against Sairaorg match when organizing the battle, though they were overpowered by Sairaorg at the team with Ise the only one being able to fight with him par to par. Volume 7 showcase her imagination and battle tactics as well, the author should put in more moments when Rias leads the Gremory group. Essentially I think that is what volume 16 is for, a Civil War with a powerful race like the Vampires will give her plenty of moments.
Old 2013-02-14, 23:56   Link #1396
Ghost4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
She doesn't necessarily have to be a front line fighter. The Gremory group consist of a good balance between support and front line, the only problem is that there is too much offensive power and not enough technique. That problem is quickly changing, Xenovia just show-case that she is very well adapted in using 3 of the 7 Excalibur pieces efficiently, Mimic, Destruction, and Rapidly. Rossweisse has both power and technique essentially a one women artillery of multiple elements. Akeno, Holy Lighting Dragon that seems to have a mind of its own is something that is hard to counter for any technique type. Rias having a death ball that will incinerate anything that it comes into contact that can only be counter with something more powerful which there are very few who can. Pretty good, good well balance that is developing also very terrifying that the Gremory group is becoming that powerful.

Ravel is a Bishop, so in theory she may be similar to Rossweisse as a mobile artillery and is hinted that she can use the power of the phoenix like her family. A artillery of Phoenix fire will no doubt be something terrifying coupled with Ravel being there at all of Raiser's rating game match so she has extensive knowledge of technique and imagination to develop new ones.

Rias is shown to have that ability as well, though there haven't been many moments when she leads the Gremory group due to may circumstances. Rias done pretty well against Sairaorg match when organizing the battle, though they were overpowered by Sairaorg at the team with Ise the only one being able to fight with him par to par. Volume 7 showcase her imagination and battle tactics as well, the author should put in more moments when Rias leads the Gremory group. Essentially I think that is what volume 16 is for, a Civil War with a powerful race like the Vampires will give her plenty of moments.
nice explanation If volume 16 is going to be a war volume for the vampires, I can't wait, although its just speculation right now. I'm very interested in Gasper's "awakened" power, I wonder how the Gremory team will counter it if they have to fight other vampires who have that power. How to counter pure darkness 101. I'm waiting for zero to finish the translation of the current volume before I make any serious speculation of volume 16 for the moment. Hoping that there will be some info on the current status of romaina or that Rias , kiba and Azazel will come back if only for a short while b4 heading back with the whole group.

hehe on a side note, I wonder what ophis' comment will be at the end of this life hehe She/He has one at the end of Life 1 and 2.

Last edited by Ghost4321; 2013-02-15 at 01:02.
Old 2013-02-15, 02:16   Link #1397
lilNewBlood
Dragon Of Dragons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Regarding the theory of Ise and Ddraig being a single soul... while I think that it is a pretty interesting assumption, I'm also one of the people who don't think that it's correct.

The reason why, is caused by the events of volume 12, more specifically the discussion about resurrecting Ise's body, between Ajuka Beelzebub and the Gremory Group, which clearly stated that it wouldn't be an issue to remake a body for Ise that could contain his soul and his Evil Pieces, but it could be a problem to transfer his Boosted Gear to Ise's "new" body.

Now, I know that all those issues have been resolved, when Ophis and Great Red where the ones, who "recreated" Ise's body, but it still stated that there is some difference between Ise's soul and Ddraig's soul, which is a part of the Boosted Gear.

So, taking that into consideration, I would say that there is some pretty close link between Ise (the current "owner" of the Boosted Gear), and Ddraig, that for example prevents Ddraig from ... not providing his current "owner" from using his powers, if they have a predisposition to use it, but there are still different souls, that only reside in a single body, at least until the moment when it's current host "dies", which is when Ddraig's consciousness (soul) along with the SG is transported to someone's else's body.

According to 1 of the vols, Ddraig's soul is latched onto the host soul - the human soul have affinity with dragons that is why it happens. Maybe talking about both becoming 1 soul seems to be a bit extreme but it is really close as it seems like they are operating as a single soul but they are not 1 soul....just 1 level down lol.....

Old 2013-02-15, 02:22   Link #1398
Ghost4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilNewBlood View Post
According to 1 of the vols, Ddraig's soul is latched onto the host soul - the human soul have affinity with dragons that is why it happens. Maybe talking about both becoming 1 soul seems to be a bit extreme but it is really close as it seems like they are operating as a single soul but they are not 1 soul....just 1 level down lol.....
very very very close to being 1 soul. There on the same level. Ddraig's soul matchs Ise's so that Ise can use Ddraigs powers. (that is my assumption)
Old 2013-02-15, 06:21   Link #1399
Wysth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinon View Post
I hope Ise will stop developing only perverted techniques. I mean he only has four abilities. Dress break, dragon shot, breathing fire and bilingual. He needs a couple of "normal" techniques or at least techniques he can use against men and not only women. But I admit to see through walls could be practical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
I think that after see all his friends fight better, the first step to he is admit that he need to improve, sword domination, magic, dragon form, and zero and infinite powers, after search a master who train him because his normal training is not enough to him.
I agree that Ise needs to improve his techniques but not because he is weak or getting weaker then the rest (he still is very powerfull and far ahead of his friends) but because he still has a lot of weaknesses. We see that in this volume without Ddraig Ise is not as much of a frontliner as more of a support and that doesn't really suite Ise's fighting style.

As a good master for him, for the sword skills i think Kiba can teach him everything he needs to know. The rest of the skills I think Tannin still has a lot to teach Ise and I personally like the idea of Tiamat (see speculation threat).

Quote:
I think Ravel will first start to show her true stratagic skills wenn Ise forms his own group because Ise wont have the confidence to do it on his own. I dont think he will need the help by then but I think he doesn't. Ise being very insecure. I also think as long as Rias, Akeno, Kiba, or the student council are present we wont see much of her stratagies because she is just to junior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
IMO, I think it would be better if he learned how to fly with his BB Dragon wings first before his Devil wings because most of the time he has to fight in BB. He rarely fights with out him armor any more.
Wenn he is in BB he doesn't really needto fly himself he has the help of Ddraig, of course it would be best if he could fly himself but he doesn't need to. Now he doesn't have BB and he still needs to fly instead of having a familar do the work it would be beter if he could fly himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilNewBlood View Post
I agree with you, I only thought that Ddraig's soul was attached to the SG and that this was attached to Ises body and without this Ise would die. Just like Asia died in volume 1 without her twilight healing.
Old 2013-02-15, 08:21   Link #1400
Shinon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysth View Post
I hope Ise will stop developing only perverted techniques. I mean he only has four abilities. Dress break, dragon shot, breathing fire and bilingual. He needs a couple of "normal" techniques or at least techniques he can use against men and not only women. But I admit to see through walls could be practical.

u forgot his support power of gift :P

Tags
harem, school life, shounen