AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-02-03, 01:49   Link #1081
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I really doubt it will be anything like that with the special names. That is too ridiculous for this show. The color may or may not be present on their mechs as a way of indentifying them, but we will have to have some info on what sort of Knightmares they use.
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 05:49   Link #1082
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
I think it's similar to the suits in the "Shuffle Alliance" from G Gundam. They may just have different colors 'cause it's cool. Mecha anime + color coded robots . . . what? Remember Voltron?

MAybe they each have codenames like. . .

Green Galahad
White Lancelot
Tristan Gold
Percival Rouge
Lucan Silver

Each of their robots would be painted in the appropriate color and have some unique shield or symbol on it.
iw onder what their mech names will be then, id expect them to be names from other members of the round table =x
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 06:00   Link #1083
Isegrim

Quote:
Remember Voltron?

LOL, I wouldn't have thought about that. Brings back my childhood, Voltron was on German TV over 10 years ago, and my first real Anime (even before Heidi and Biene Maja ).
Further Knightmares would require Lloyd to work out another 11 Knightmares... possible, though we have a time-slip of one year. I hope this will not lead into Lelouch and/or Kallen eliminating one Knight after the other... "There can only be one" .
Old 2008-02-03, 06:53   Link #1084
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
iw onder what their mech names will be then, id expect them to be names from other members of the round table =x
I think they'll have their own given names and go by them but they'll share their codename with their robot. Suzaku would still be Suzaku but he'd also go by White Lancelot, the name of his robot.

In G Gundam, the original Shuffle Alliance members piloted robots that shared their code name and the shape of their suit. The Jack of Diamonds piloted the Shuffle Diamond that transformed into a giant diamond.

I don't think there will be any "ranks." All the knights of the round were equal King Arthur. That's the whole point to the round table.

The Knights of the Round will be a band of elite warriors considered equal in talent, rank, and duty by the emperor. There will probably be a senior amongst them that others will look to for some guidance but no official leader or someone with the authority to boss them around except for a royal.

Last edited by mechalord; 2008-02-03 at 07:07.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 07:31   Link #1085
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
I think they'll have their own given names and go by them but they'll share their codename with their robot. Suzaku would still be Suzaku but he'd also go by White Lancelot, the name of his robot.
that is what i meant silly
but i was wondering about the names of their mechs, iw onder if they will have different units each or that they will have one type for the entire squadron (thought hat would leave Suzaku out)
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 11:29   Link #1086
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
I don't think there will be any "ranks." All the knights of the round were equal King Arthur. That's the whole point to the round table.

The Knights of the Round will be a band of elite warriors considered equal in talent, rank, and duty by the emperor. There will probably be a senior amongst them that others will look to for some guidance but no official leader or someone with the authority to boss them around except for a royal.
I think it makes more sense that there is ranks. Remember Brittannia is a nation that is built on power, and it's got a "Survival of the Fittest" thing going on, so I think it's safe to assume that the reason Suzaku is number 7 is because he's more powerful that than numbers 8-12.

Also it's from the spoilers, and all it seems pretty clear that "The Knight of One" is more powerful than the rest of them, and is in control of them when they're all together.

Also the thing about being equal, and the round table. First of all it's the Knights of the Round, in Code Geass not the Knights of the Round Table. Also it's not really true that all the people in the Knights of the Round Table were equal. They may have seemed equal, but it's pretty clear that some of them were above others.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 12:08   Link #1087
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yeah, the Emperor hates equality so ranks based on strength makes a lot of sense. I think the fact that the whole thing seems based around King Arthur's Knights of the Round Table is meant to be ironic given that Arthur believed in equality and the Emperor hates equality. DeotoxSlayer is right that some of the Knights of Arthur were above others, but the general idea was that they were equal.

I think the Knight of One will probably get some big unveiling at some point. I have very big fears that it may turn out to be Marianne.
Old 2008-02-03, 12:14   Link #1088
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Yeah, the Emperor hates equality so ranks based on strength makes a lot of sense. I think the fact that the whole thing seems based around King Arthur's Knights of the Round Table is meant to be ironic given that Arthur believed in equality and the Emperor hates equality. DeotoxSlayer is right that some of the Knights of Arthur were above others, but the general idea was that they were equal.

I think the Knight of One will probably get some big unveiling at some point. I have very big fears that it may turn out to be Marianne.
Marianne's dead, so far (excluding C.C. and Orange) when someone dies they stay dead.

Arthur may have believed in equality but he never renounced his throne. Words are nice, actions are better. Britain may have experienced better quality of life for the poor (they'd live a little longer before dieing of the plague) but there was still a significant inequality between the people. The current emperor is just a lot less idealistic as there can never be true equality.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 12:22   Link #1089
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yes, but there are certain factors that indicate she may not be as dead as we thought.

It is true that there can never be true equality, but the Emperor seems to believe to the point that anyone who is not strong is worthless.
Old 2008-02-03, 12:27   Link #1090
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Marianne's dead, so far (excluding C.C. and Orange) when someone dies they stay dead.
You forgot Suzaku and Villetta. And there's a good chance Lelouch is about to join the "wouldn't die even if you killed them" club too. >_>
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 12:39   Link #1091
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Kallen too is a possible candidate for that.

Yet we know Marianne's body was taken away on orders of the Emperor and if there isn't a body, you can form an assumption that they may not be as dead as everyone thought. All it really comes down to for me is whether she is working with the Emperor or not.
Old 2008-02-03, 12:55   Link #1092
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
You forgot Suzaku and Villetta. And there's a good chance Lelouch is about to join the "wouldn't die even if you killed them" club too. >_>
Suzaku never died. Nor did Villetta. They were shot, once, but survived. Marianne was shot ten of times and was dead on the scene.
So, no, I haven't forgotten them.

Dann@ for all the other people who ever come back you never see a body yes. But we saw Marianne's body, she was dead. Just look at her eyes.
Old 2008-02-03, 12:58   Link #1093
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Suzaku never died. Nor did Villetta. They were shot, once, but survived. Marianne was shot ten of times and was dead on the scene.
So, no, I haven't forgotten them.
Then why did you put Jeramiah in there? 0_o Sure he was microwaved, but there was no indication he was actually killed by any of that.
Old 2008-02-03, 12:59   Link #1094
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Then why did you put Jeramiah in there? 0_o Sure he was microwaved, but there was no indication he was actually killed by any of that.
He exploded.
Old 2008-02-03, 13:02   Link #1095
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
He exploded.
And then walked out with a stick in one hand and shouted at a passing truck.
Old 2008-02-03, 13:03   Link #1096
Tormenk

Quote:
He exploded.
Did that scene really show the Guren cooking Orange alive? Not too sure since it's been ages since I saw any CG but he was shown stumbling around in one piece at the end of that episode so that would be inconsistency at least.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 13:19   Link #1097
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I think Jeremiah just had severe burns.

Regarding Marianne, I have some reason to believe in the possibility that she may be like C.C. In the DS game, there is a scene where we see one of those image flashes and she says "I don't want immortality." Also, one of the picture books has a plate that claims it was given to her by the 88th emperor I think. She could have been shot a hundred times and then woken up later like C.C. did when she was shot in the head.

Also, given the Emperor's interest in Geass, what would be better than having a being that is directly related to the Geass be one of your wives?
Old 2008-02-03, 13:20   Link #1098
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Did that scene really show the Guren cooking Orange alive? Not too sure since it's been ages since I saw any CG but he was shown stumbling around in one piece at the end of that episode so that would be inconsistency at least.
Could have sworn his mec exploded subsequently there after. Though I could be thinking of the blond guy. Either way, for a good moment anyone would have said he was dead.

Ashlay, that was later in the episode. Which is simply going by him coming back from what would normally be a death.

I'll do a retcon and change from C.C. and orange, to C.C. and Mao. Since there is no argument about his miraculous recovery from getting shot several/tens of times.
Old 2008-02-03, 13:50   Link #1099
KrimzonStriker

Does no one remember that his escape pod activated at the last secound before his make exploded, so even though his brain was a bit fired Orange-kun made it out alive and did NOT come back from the dead
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 14:06   Link #1100
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Wait, you're right. I always forgot that. His brain was probably screwed up from what he was exposed to. I wonder how long it took those scientists to decide he would make a good test subject.

Thinking on that, I remember that their truck had a whole lot of containers like the one C.C. was in. How many beings like her could they have locked up?