AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-11, 00:07   Link #61
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
But for now I just feel that, much like with the very series itself, they just went and dug up something that had already been given the perfect closure.
I have to somewhat agree here, I think it finished on a great note but like the same with Shiro-chan, I'm not complaining either cause I get to see more of this great series.

The thing here is I also think Madarame silent unrequited love was kinda concluded well enough but I guess I honestly wanted to more from it.

The Madarame falling for Hato-chan is a "on the fence" thing.
One side I'm still hoping for Madarame X Saki(I just have too)
And on the other I'm also for Hato-chan cause well I love traps and Hato-chan is super delicious cake.

Madarame has become quite a oddity within this series for me now, I mean I loved seeing his outbursts and conversations from before but now he isn't quite like that anymore, he's oddly become "cooler" probably the coolest person outta the whole cast now I'd say, despite his going to the club to hang out at lunch
Never noticed this before but he surprisingly goes with the flow pretty well.

Huh I guess there are alot fo conflicting feelings for this series on the whole, can't wait for more!

p.s Sue is <3
Old 2011-01-11, 01:17   Link #62
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I have to somewhat agree here, I think it finished on a great note but like the same with Shiro-chan, I'm not complaining either cause I get to see more of this great series.
Well in theory I like seeing more of the series too, it's one of my favorite manga of all time, but that's only if the more is also good. If it's considerably worse than what came before, then it only brings the overall product down a notch and lessens people's overall impression of the series, which was quite positive by the end of the original run and I would prefer not to see tainted by an afterthought.

Now I'm not saying Nidaime is terrible, but so far it hasn't really shown anything that I believe called for a sequel. It has only been 4 chapters (counting the one shot) though so it is still kinda early to judge it, but, even though I know next to nothing about the mangaka's other works, I do kinda get the impression he might've had trouble getting any truly new manga series serialized and thus decided to go back to his old success Genshiken, so he could have a certain shot.

Quote:
The Madarame falling for Hato-chan is a "on the fence" thing.
One side I'm still hoping for Madarame X Saki(I just have too)
And on the other I'm also for Hato-chan cause well I love traps and Hato-chan is super delicious cake.

Madarame has become quite a oddity within this series for me now, I mean I loved seeing his outbursts and conversations from before but now he isn't quite like that anymore, he's oddly become "cooler" probably the coolest person outta the whole cast now I'd say, despite his going to the club to hang out at lunch
Indeed and I can't say it's a good thing. Crazy hot-blooded Gundam-quote-machine Madarame was the best, and though he'd already mellowed out a bit by the end of the original series, he's definitely lacking his old attitude a little too much here. Well he did show it for a second during his outburst against Sasahara's sister, but it was off-panel. >_>

As for still hoping for Madarame x Saki, as glorious as that sounds I doubt it could ever be pulled off in a convincing and satisfying manner. Let's face it, Madarame is awesome and all and isn't really ugly, but girls like Saki just don't go for guys like him, lolz.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 09:44   Link #63
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
Yeah... i agree with you
I know that love does not know gender , race,etc, however knowing Madarame as he is would be, strange, at least as how the character has developed so far ,it would not make sense if something like that happens.
It mostly depends on how it happens for me. If there is enough development leading up to it, I won't mind. Although personally, I'd like Madarame to end up with Sue. Don't ask me why.
Old 2011-01-11, 10:06   Link #64
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It mostly depends on how it happens for me. If there is enough development leading up to it, I won't mind. Although personally, I'd like Madarame to end up with Sue. Don't ask me why.
Well if Madarame X Saki wasn't on the table I'd actually go with Keiko or I guess more he just snags himself a real beauty, not one of the current cast

You kinda think he deserves it cause of all his woes so far
Old 2011-01-11, 10:30   Link #65
Vicious108

Quote:
Well if Madarame X Saki wasn't on the table I'd actually go with Keiko or I guess more he just snags himself a real beauty, not one of the current cast

You kinda think he deserves it cause of all his woes so far
Seriously. He, despite being by far the coolest guy in the Genshiken, has had to stand and watch as all of his fellow otaku friends get some with loli-chan, big breasts-tan and the woman he loves. It's his time, damnit, but with a real girl please.

Though then again, Madarame's too cool for non-2D women.
Old 2011-01-11, 11:42   Link #66
SidVicious
Anime addict

Madarame x Sue...maybe.
Old 2011-01-11, 20:51   Link #67
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
Madarame x Sue...maybe.
^ Anta baka? that will be Sue's expression I think.

Honestly I liked him to be paired with Saki since Kousaka is much more boring for me

In my place I liked him to be ended up with Sasahara's sister
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2011-01-12, 11:31   Link #68
Suryce

Lightbulb

I'm not very surprised by Madarame getting turned on by Hato, because traps don't obligatory make you gay. They don't make your sexuality react this way.
I have write something about this on my blog times ago. Here is a english translation (which I hope is not too bad) of the important part, with slightly variations for clarity.

Quote:
In everyday life, what is allowing you to differentiate girls and boys ? Nothing, if not a lot of details like the hair, clothes, boobs, and lot of other stuff... When you cross the path of someone on the street, you don't ask yourself if it a boy or a girl, your brain spots immediately these details, calculates them, and gives you the answer so fast that you have the feeling that you have already known it for ever.

But, a trap precisely accumulate the female details without bearing the male ones, and that will deceive your brain in a irremediable way. Even if you are aware that the character is male, your brain will stick at his mathematical deduction, which is saying to it that the character is female. And in this infortunate situation, if you are a straight guy, it's only logical that your brain produce a sexual attraction toward what it recognizes as a female.

And even more than that, it means that you can be attract by a trap only if you are straight ! So, liking traps is a proof of heterosexuality and not of homosexuality.
Maybe the day Madarame will see Hato in boy mode, he will get turned off
(which would mean he had been straight the whole time )
It could be a funny conclusion to this plot, tough a little sad again for the poor Madarame.

I wouldn't mind Madarame x Sue, but the later seems to hang too much on Ogiue for having interest for anybody else.
Suryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 15:40   Link #69
Vicious108

*reads chapter 60*

God, now even Hato himself is shipping himself and Madarame.

I'm beginning to hope this new serialization is canceled before they truly derail the best character in the original series.
Old 2011-02-02, 15:53   Link #70
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
*reads chapter 60*

God, now even Hato himself is shipping himself and Madarame.

I'm beginning to hope this new serialization is canceled before they truly derail the best character in the original series.
It really wouldn't be derailment if Madarame never returns the feelings, much like the interaction between Sakaki and Madarame it's a one sided thing, and even though she "knows" I don't think it really changed their dynamic, maybe at the end when she cries at the end of "genshiken" it might imply more that we know that she knew, but still as long as madarame is not changed I don't think I would mind the whole hato delusion as it is now. Still new genshiken would be good if it wasn't based on old genshiken, maybe if the club was like it once was, people stopped carrying and the new story was rebirth of the old, etc etc it might be good but this psuedo resurrection really makes me feel sad.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 23:33   Link #71
Freeter
beyond

Getting pretty tired of The Hato Show. Shimoku better start mixing it up before this revival drags the old series' reputation straight into the toilet.

Quote:
as long as madarame is not changed I don't think I would mind the whole hato delusion as it is now
As long as Hato doesn't try to make any moves on Madarame his mind can run wild for all I care.

Saki seriously needs to come back and salvage this mess.
Old 2011-02-03, 00:32   Link #72
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I have no problem with the the new chapters being a "continuation" of the club. It's the club the story centres around. Not the characters. It's still the club for the social and cultural misfits in the Otaku society. That's funny... misfits in a fringe culture... haha...
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 02:11   Link #73
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Am I the only one that feels absolutely horrible for Madarame?

The first series he wasn't even given a chance to really come out and tell Saki, and yet EVERYONE ELSE managed to get conclusive, happy endings.

Now the second series comes along and apparently EVERYONE knew, including her? Is that necessary? Give him a break.

And fuck Hato, character is horribly uninteresting, boring, and just get him out of the damn series already.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 06:14   Link #74
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm rather interested in Hato. I mean the series is known for focusing on different forms of fandom, and crossdressing is apart of that. Sure there was a sneak preview of that in the original series :P, though now, especially this chapter there's much more focus, and i loved it.
Old 2011-02-03, 17:36   Link #75
paladinenvec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Am I the only one that feels absolutely horrible for Madarame?

The first series he wasn't even given a chance to really come out and tell Saki, and yet EVERYONE ELSE managed to get conclusive, happy endings.

Now the second series comes along and apparently EVERYONE knew, including her? Is that necessary? Give him a break.

And fuck Hato, character is horribly uninteresting, boring, and just get him out of the damn series already.
You're not alone , i also feel awkward that the mangaka it's building a relationship MadarameXHato all of a sudden.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 18:51   Link #76
Nosauz

Madarame's pain is what makes the first series so fucking good, it's obvious to us he's hopelessly in love with sakaki yet she is never really "available" it's the realism of the situation which makes for great story telling, genshiken is in fact about the characters, the characters are everything to genshiken, they make the club and to say that they aren't is ludicrous, if you look at the 10vol that preceded this "genshiken" most of the characters are intact, and readily available for the story to develop, but this just doesn't feel right.

Madarame did get "shafted" in the closure department but I think his character was to mirror the reader, and hence the warm feelings we have about him, because I remember that when I first started reading/watching the manga/anime I really didn't like madarame, but the reality of his situation truly drove home the intricate nature of the story. Of course I don't want anything close to a Hato x Madarame ship but I don't mind if Hato delusionally thinks about madarame, in the end madarame probably from a character stand point would like Sue better or Sue's friend instead. Still the new genshiken does make we want to implode my brain.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 06:38   Link #77
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^I agree. Sure, it's sad, but it's more realistic this way. Not everyone can win. I do think revealing everyone knew about his love for Saki was unnecessary cruel though.

So, Madarame FOREVER ALONE? I hope not, but let's face it, there's a chance that's how this will end once again. For the time being, I'm still shipping him with Sue.
Old 2011-02-26, 17:15   Link #78
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

You guys need to calm down about Hato man.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 19:40   Link #79
Suryce

Hum, Madarame didn't get turned off by male-looking Hato. I'm like "damn!" because it goes against my theory, but on the other side, this plot looks more interesting this way... or dangerous
Well, I must admit that Hato was kinda cute in this chapter. In his short appareance as a male a couple of chapters ago, he looked weird, but here he looked like a nice young man. I almost found him a little GAR, but it must be because of that... flying consciousness (with boobs!) he was arguing with. It clearly showed the bipolarity of the character and I like that.
Suryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 21:15   Link #80
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Ugh, more Hato.

*sigh*

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen